17

Or So It Seems

Chanyeol didn't know why he felt so weird.

It was like a cacophony of emotions that he didn't understand were washing over him, two main ones in particular.

The first was confusion.

The second was guilt.

The feelings of guilt overrode the confusion, which only made Chanyeol feel even more confused as he wandered through the hallways of his school. The only reason that could explain his guilt was how Chanyeol felt responsible for not being able to save his friends throughout the night, so he blamed it on that. 

But he had no explanation for the overwhelming feelings of confusion. 

Continuing down an even darker hallway, Chanyeol almost thought he could hear footsteps, and fearing that it was Baekhyun, walked faster to get away. 

Because the 'Game' really meant it when they said 'separately', as Chanyeol had realized when his chest had started tightening due to his proximity to Baekhyun.

Suddenly, Chanyeol felt a weird sensation on his wrist, and looking down, he saw his watch almost glowing in the dimness.

"What the-" Chanyeol started, attempting to pull the watch off, but it wouldn't budge.

On the contrary, it actually felt like it was tightening.

Chanyeol shook his head, giving up on the watch as he continued into the school.

 



'Are' 

It was the next useless word Baekhyun stumbled across while following the red arrows. 

"They are what?" he mumbled to himself, eyes trained on the floor as he followed the little red guides. Looking up from the ground, Baekhyun gulped as he took in his location. 

He was standing right in front of the pitch-black office, where Chen had been terminated.

Where it had all began. 

And sprawled across the black windows looking into the office was another word.

'All' 

Something else seemed to nag at Baekhyun's mind as he stared at the word, but then the arrows were continuing in front of him and he had to jog to catch up with them. Now he was back in the hallway where Lay remained unconscious on the floor, where he'd tried to sleep earlier, where Luhan had left them. And slashed across the wall where Baekhyun had sat waiting for Lay to return was another word.

'Clues'

The nagging sensation was almost overwhelming as Baekhyun pieced the message together.

"They are all clues" he murmured thoughtfully to himself, closing his eyes in an attempt to remember anything.

The nagging feeling reached its within Baekhyun, and he held his head in his hands as it finally clicked. 

The challenge that Suho had taken had said 'to get the blood pumping', an action that had become quite literal when Suho was bleeding over the floors from the vending machine glass.

Chen's warning looks in Suho's direction as he'd appeared to have been reading something on the other side of the window.

The first figure he'd seen before they'd gone into the library had been tall, slim, familiar.

Tao.

Baekhyun had seen it right before Tao had been terminated.

And then the figure that Baekhyun had seen when he and Chanyeol had been waiting for Lay and Luhan to return was also recognizable when Baekhyun thought about it.

It had been Luhan.

And Luhan had been terminated next. 

"They are all clues" Baekhyun repeated slightly louder after these realizations. But they still didn't lead him to who was behind this. 

And it also didn't explain how the 'Game' could control them so easily. But Baekhyun knew that most of the things he had seen weren't real, they were simply hallucinations. 

Hallucinations would have only affected them if they'd consumed something to cause them. Spinning around in the hallway, still with his head in his hands, Baekhyun thought hard. 

'Something we all ate, something we all ate' he thought rapidly, but the last thing that they'd munched on had been their snacks from the vending machine. Only some of them hadn't even eaten those snacks, and Baekhyun knew the machines were open to everyone during the school day, meaning that if the snacks had been contaminated, everyone in their school would have been affected. 

So that meant some other method had been used to cause all of them to have hallucinations.

"Um, food, drinks, injectio-" Baekhyun froze.

They'd all woken in the library in the beginning.

But what if they hadn't really been asleep the entire time?

They could have been drugged with something as they'd slept.

Slowly walking over to Lay's limp body, Baekhyun knelt beside him and carefully adjusted the other on the floor, careful not to move him from his spot.

Because if they'd been injected with something, there had to be some sort of mark. 

Baekhyun could see what looked like a bug bite on the side of Lay's neck, almost unnoticeable under the collar of his shirt.

Tilting Lay's head gently to the other side, Baekhyun could definitely see the small raised bump on Lay's neck, and he quickly stood. If it was an injection mark, the others should have one too. Which sent Baekhyun running down the halls, making his first stop inside the library.

All three of the unconscious boys had the exact same spot on their necks, right over one of the more prominent veins that Baekhyun could see against the shadows on their skin.

His breathing was slightly harder as Baekhyun raced back into the hallway, running towards the next area that held another unconscious friend with his heart pounding in his chest.

 

 

 

Ta daaa...(I always hear that in Chen's voice because he said it in Showtime haha) oh and shoutout to all of you who commented really similar predictions about the story...I was like "Whoa did I already update that part?" But, of course, there is more to come;) (keep predicting cuz I loooove it!!)

~LateNightBubbleTea