11

Or So It Seems

Lay couldn't stop worrying.

Sitting in between Chanyeol and Baekhyun on the floor of some random hallway, Lay's mind raced with worried thoughts concerning Luhan and Kyungsoo. Suddenly he felt something buzz against his leg and he nearly screamed before realizing his phone was still in his pocket. Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked over at him with brows raised in question, but Lay just stood and fished his phone out of his pocket. He nearly face palmed himself, wondering how stupid he could have been to have not thought of using his phone to try and contact Luhan as he peered down at the screen.

'Come upstairs, quickly, just you 
~Luhannie

Lay's heart skipped a beat, in relief as well as more worry after Luhan's quick text. Glancing over at Chanyeol and Baekhyun, Lay waved his phone quickly at them before taking off at a run, calling out over his shoulder.

"Text from Luhan, I'm going upstairs, you guys stay here and we'll be back soon!" he said quickly, ignoring the look of warning on the other two's faces.

Lay reached the foot of the stairs, staring up into the darkness above him before taking them three steps at a time.

Now he just needed to find Luhan.
 


Luhan followed the direction of the scream he'd heard until he reached what looked like a supply closet. 

Pressing his ear to the cold metal door, Luhan could barely hear someone's deep breathing from the other side, but it was enough to tell him that Kyungsoo was in there.

"Kyungsoo!" Luhan shouted, rattling the door knob, but he could only hear soft whimpers from inside.

"Open the door, Kyungsoo!" Luhan shouted again, slamming his fists against the locked door. 

"What happened to Xiumin wasn't your fault" Luhan added softly, straining his ears to hear anything.

Nothing.

Luhan heaved a sigh before stepping back and slamming his foot into the handle of the door, hard enough to make the door shake.

On the other side of the door Kyungsoo still knelt in a huddled ball, his arms encircling his head, and he whimpered when he heard the door shake.

"No more, please, no more" Kyungsoo whispered blindly, tears running down his face.

Luhan gave one final kick to the door handle before it snapped off, clattering to the ground as the door swayed on its hinges. He flung the door open, eyes searching in the darkness for Kyungsoo. When he saw the other huddled in the center of the floor his breath hitched in his throat.

"Make it stop, Hyung, please, just make it stop" Kyungsoo whimpered, tilting his tear stained face up to look at Luhan's silhouette. The younger's eyes held the most haunted look Luhan had ever seen, his lower lip trembling due to the cacophony of emotions crashing through him. His black hair was disheveled, spiking up in various directions, and the inside of the closet looked like it'd been overturned.

But then Kyungsoo's eyes closed and Luhan moved just in time to catch the other before he fell against the overturned shelf in the corner of the small closet.

"Please leave competitor number eight in his current location," Lay's voice floated over their heads, and Luhan blinked back tears as he cradled Kyungsoo's small frame against himself. 

"Just a small hint," Kyungsoo's voice began over the speakers, and Luhan perked up.

"Sometimes your biggest obstacle is yourself"

Luhan's brow furrowed as he took in the message, but his mind couldn't comprehend the 'hint' even as he looked down into Kyungsoo's face. 

Setting the other down gently on the floor, Luhan brushed Kyungsoo's bangs out of his eyes.

"I'm sorry Soo, I wish I could have found you sooner" Luhan whispered before slowly walking down the dark hallway, turning away from yet another one of his unconscious friends.
 


Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked up from their spots on the ground, the small conversation between them fading away as Luhan rounded the corner. 

"There you are, did you find Kyungs-" Chanyeol started with almost hopeful eyes, but after a simple shake of Luhan's head he trailed off. Baekhyun patted the ground to his side, beckoning for Luhan to sit down, but the other's eyes suddenly narrowed.

"Where's Lay?" he asked quietly.

Baekhyun's eyes widened as he glanced at Chanyeol, who was starting to look worried.

"He said he got a text message from you, mentioned going upstairs, and then took off. He told us to stay here" Chanyeol said slowly, carefully watching Luhan.

Luhan's blood ran cold as the 'hint' from earlier crossed his mind.

'Sometimes your biggest obstacle is yourself'

"No" Luhan breathed out, sprinting towards the stairs and ignoring the shouts that followed after him.

He could feel his phone bouncing against his leg from his pocket, each light tap emphasizing his worries.

Because he'd never sent Lay a text.

His phone had died before this 'Game' had even started.

 

 

 

Uh ohhhh...hehehe;)

~LateNightBubbleTea