TIMY 24

Then I met you

The door bell rang and Tao was instantly rooted to his seat. His mother jumped off of his bed, hand clasped together. "Omo! He's here," his mother squealed before pulling Tao downstairs.

   

The panda just nervously smiled. His mother is like his girl bestfriend to him. It was like his mother is just the same age as him, maybe even younger. His mother left him at the dining room. The woman head straight to their front door.

   

He felt his hand getting sweaty all because of his undeniable nervousness. He pressed them on his newly bought trousers. Tao rolled his eyes.

   

His mother bought those trousers. The beloved woman also bought him a new dress shirt; a stylish and a designer brand. And also a new pair of shoes. If his memory serves him right, he quote his mother; "My son is having a date tonight, he need to look at his best," and he'll instantly blush.

    

"Come on!" His mother pulled him out of his train of thoughts and also out of the dining room. They stop in front of their main  door. And there stand the love of his love, Kris.

    

"Panda..." Kris gently spoke. They stare at each other's eyes, knowing that how they miss the other. Slowly, Kris reached an arm for Tao.

  

The panda stared at those. The moment that he'll take that arm, he now have to face his biggest fear; losing Kris. He hesitated but started reaching for it. But suddenly he was pressed against a hard wall.

  

The younger was pushed towards Kris and ended up to the blonde's broad chest, not a hard wall but a hard chest. He pulled back lightly and glanced at his mother that's grinning widely.

    

"Too slow," his mother faked a frown but then smiled again. "You can bring him back tomorrow. Just don't rip him apart and... take it slow, got that?" The woman laughed.

    

The taller laughed while Tao blushed cherry red. Everybody knows what his mother is thinking, and it wasn't pleasant. Now he know where his erted mind came from.

   

"I will, Mrs. Huang," Kris said after awhile. "Good night," he bowed lightly.

   

They walk towards Kris' car and drive away.

   

* * * * *

Still not talking, they arrive to their destination. Tao took a look outside the car's window and it was breathtakingly beautiful. There is this hill that was surrounded by lanterns, there is this table for two and a piano peeking over the large gigantic tree. To put it simply, the place was purely romantic.

    

Suddenly, the car door was open and he slipped. He quickly shut his eyes closed and let out a faint squeal. He fall but...

    

"Got' ya," a deep voice whispers sending shivers to his spine. He opens his eyes and look up to his savior. It was Kris. Kris caught him. The panda didn't know that he was leaning against the door and Kris being a gentleman like he is, he opened Tao's door.

    

He clears his throat and stood upright quickly. This is so awkward for Tao. "S-sorry," he mutters.

  

"I-it's fine, l-let's g-go," Kris said as he rubbed the back of his neck. He slip his hand in Tao's soft and warm hand.

    

The taller gently pulled Tao towards the hill. The panda can't help the smile that pulling the sides of his lips. He didn't know why, but this made him happy and contented. And it was really sweet.

   

Then suddenly Kris slip out of his grasp. He frowned at the lost of touch. But he is quite surprised when Kris pulled a chair for him. The taller motioned Tao to sit so the younger obliged. The older took the seat adjacent to him.

   

The blonde smiled at him. Then he clapped his hands. Tao raised a brow. Why the hell did Kris clapped his hand? That is quite weird. Then suddenly two males are beside their table.

   

The smaller introduced himself. "I'm Byun Baekhyun," he said then nudged the taller male.

   

The taller smiled brightly. "And I'm his boyfriend."

   

Tao couldn't help the giggle that escape his mouth when Baekhyun slapped the taller's nape. The blonde stared at the panda. He miss to see that laugh and that smile that is tugging at the corner of Tao's lips. Unconsciously, a smile crept up to his lips.

   

Baekhyun is blushing cherry red while he introduced the taller. "He's Park Chanyeol and we will be your waiter for tonight. Please wait for a bit and excuse us," Baekhyun said as he grabbed the taller.

    

The two waiter bicker and rambles away. Tao just chuckled. After awhile, the two male came back and serve them their food. Baekhyun put a wineglass for him and Kris and poured red wine. After all is done, they quickly leave.

    

They eat silently. The panda felt awkward while the blonde felt anxious. He know that he should talk to Tao because that's the main reason why he ask the panda out. He don't know if he can deliver his speech. He practised so hard for it.

    

When he finished eating eating and Tao is almost done, he knew this is the time. He gently place a hand on Tao's hand. The panda nearly choke.

   

"I'm sorry, Tao. For saying things to you, for even thinking bad of you. I'm really sorry," he said as he cast down his gaze.

   

Tao look  at the other male and smiled. "I think I should be the one apologising. I shouldn't have done that. You lost your job because of me right?" He ask Kris.

   

Kris reluctantly nodded. He know that this will make Tao guilty. But he still nodded nonetheless.

   

"And of course, I shouldn't get jealous, right? Because we are not even in a relationship to start with you." Tao couldn't help he bitterness that he felt.

   

They stayed silent after that, not knowing what to say. Then the taller's hand slowly intertwine their hands. The younger look up, surprised that Kris is smiling at him. "I guess that makes us quits, right?" 

   

Tao nodded. Then suddenly Kris snapped his fingers and as if on cue, a familiar tune started playing. The taller stood up, breaking skinship with Tao. Kris slightly bow infront of the panda and lend his hand.

    

"Can I have this dance, baobei?" 

    

Tao smiled at the endearment. He gently placed his hand over Kris'. The blonde lead Tao towards the grass. He saw the

 Exo, Kris' band, playing at the back of the big tree where the piano is. And there is Lay playing the instrument.

   

He look back at Kris as they halted to stop. The blonde put Tao's hands over his shoulders and s his arm around Tao's small waist. They snuggle closer together. Tao placed his head at Kris' chest.

   

The panda finally decided that if Kris didn't love him like he love him, it doesn't matter. All that matters to him right now is that Kris and him are fine and if this dance may be their last, then he'll treasure this to his grave. 

   

He saw Baekhyun started singing.

    

"♪Deoneun mangseorijima jebal

Nae simjangeul geodueo ga

 Geurae nalkaroulsurok joha

Dalbit jochado nuneul gameun bam♪~"

    

Then Kyungsoo join in.

  

"♪Na anin dareun namjayeotdamyeon

Huigeuk anui han geujeorieotdeoramyeon

 Neoui geu sanggwa,

Bakkun sangcheo modu taewobeoryeo♪~"

    

Then suddenly Kris pressed his face to Tao's ears. And the panda felt that the world stopped and stare for awhile. Then Kris sang into his ears, and Tao felt magical.

   

"♪Baby don't cry tonight eodumi geochigo namyeon

Baby don't cry tonight eobseotdeon iri doel geoya

Mulgeopumi doeneun geoseun naega aniya kkeutnae mollaya haetdeon

So baby don't cry cry nae sarangi neol jikil teni♪~"

 

"I love you, Tao."