TIMY 21

Then I met you

(Tao's perspective)

    

When Tao woke up alone in bed, he immediately check his phone. Still there is no message from Kris. Only Jongin's. He threw his phone to he other side of the bed. He doesn't want to read Jongin's text. He doesn't want to deal with him.

 

Tao stood up and head straight to the bathroom. He took a bath and goes straight to work. He knows that he won't see this certain blonde. No need to assume.

    

* * * * *

   

When Tao arrived at the bakeshop, he is greeted by a worried face of Jongin. "Have you seen my message?" The younger asked.

    

Tao pushed him and headed to the kitchen. "Not in the mood, Jongin," he said. 

    

During the working hours, Tao obviously avoids Jongin. And the younger notices this. But that won't stop him from telling the older of what he saw. Then break time came and Jongin grabbed this opportunity.

     

The panda head off to the nearest coffee shop. He don't want to stay at that bakeshop. Because he's afraid, afraid that maybe Jongin would come up at his side and prove him wrong.

    

Tao sat at the furthest table possible. He ordered his usual and waited. Then he was startled when the person he's been avoiding took a seat across from him. Great. He just look at the younger as he stated his order to the waitress.

    

"What do you want, Jongin?" The panda said darkly after he get over the shocked.

    

The younger look at the panda then fumbles for his phone. Jongin knew that Tao hasn't seen the message. He knew Tao. He was kind of expecting the older to absent. He browse his gallery for a certain picture. He tapped it.

    

Jongin raised his phone to Tao's face. The other backs a little to look at the picture more clearly. It was a picture of a two person going inside a hotel. Tao squinted his eyes to focus on the two silhouette. One is guy and one is a girl. Tao is familiar with the guy's body. His eyes widen.

     

Then the younger snatched the phone away.

     

Tao calmed himself first and tells himself to believe only in Kris. He look away. "Maybe they held there meeting at the hotel," he reasoned.

    

Jongin scoffed. "Yeah, they held there meeting at exactly 12 midnight and then they'll have a delicious  in a hotel. Yeah, there's nothing to worry about, right? Kris' boyfriend?" the younger said mockingly.

    

That made Tao think. They aren't even in a relationship. They are less than that. They are not friends. They are more than that. Tao don't know what they are.

   

"We're not in a relationship," the panda said, casting his gaze down.

  

"What?!?!" Jongin couldn't believe what he heard. "You're not in a relationship and yet you two already have ?! What's happening to you, Tao? Have you lost your senses?" Jongin shouted. He can't help but feel pity to his friend.

  

The panda sunk further to his seat. "I don't know, Jong in," he felt a tear forming in the rim of his eyes. "I never asked him," he said as he held back his tears.

    

Jongin calmed himself. "What is Kris' job?" He said as he  pinched the bridge of his nose. This panda is giving him a massive headache.

    

"I—I don't know, Jong in," the panda said as tear escaped his eyes.    

    

Jongin massage his head, calming his anger before answering his friend. "Look Tao, I don't know you anymore," the younger stared at his friend intently. The panda look up to the eyes of his friend.

    

"The Tao I knew is respectable and respectful. He love knowingly," the younger continued. "The Tao in front of me is the total opposite. I don't know if his respectful enough to be respected but I know one thing," he stared at the panda-like eyes of Tao.

    

"... the panda in front of me is being blinded by love. Only choosing to believe what he wants to believe. I don't know you anymore," the younger said standing up.

    

"You're not Tao. You're an impostor of my friend," and with that, the younger left the panda with tears in the eyes, dumbfounded.