The Day I Lost Them

Why Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Young’s POV

It’s been two weeks since they’ve died and I still replay the day Tan came and told me. Time after time I wish I could change the outcome but it still remained the same.

~Flashback~

“…aish where are they? They should be back by now…aisssh!”

Pacing anxiously up and down the hallway I looked at my watch.

-1:38am-

I had such a bad feeling in the pit of stomach. They left to do our grocery shopping 5 hours ago and they’re usually back before 10.

*knock knock* my eyes locked onto the door and I ran to open it.

“Umma? --- Oh Tan what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be home?” I couldn’t hide the disappointment in my face upon seeing it wasn’t my parents. I looked up to see that his eyes were puffy. He looked like he’d been crying. Did something happen to Eun Sang?

“Oh Oppa come in. What’s wrong? Is Eun Sang okay?” He stared at me blankly looking into space. The guy who usually hid his feelings and only ever cried in the confines of his bedroom was here in front of me crying. It was such a surprise seeing how fragile he was at this very moment. My only concern was why he was like this.

“Oppa what wrong?” I repeated seeing as he completely ignored me the first time.

“Ji-Young-ah I think you should sit down. Please” His tone of voice was so serious I couldn’t sit down. The curiosity was killing me.

“N-no, just tell me.”

“Please Ji Young ah…sit.”

“NO WHAT IS IT!! JUST TELL ME…please” I felt that strange feeling again in the pit of my stomach. He grabbed my hand and looked dead serious into my eyes

“My mom got a call from the Police…” He stopped mid-way through his sentence and looked to the ground. I nudged him to carry on. By now my heart started racing so I squeezed Tan’s hand to give me comfort. However I didn’t feel comforted at all.

“Ji-Young ah…there is no easy way to say this…”he sniffed and looked to the ground, I motioned for him to carry on. “…your parent’s car collided with another on the highway and it flipped. Apparently the driver of the other car was drunk and lost control of the vehicle. My mom was called in to confirm the bodies of the victims and they didn’t make it. No one did. I’m so sorry Ji-Young ah. I’m so sorry.” By this time I was in a complete state of shock. Did I hear him right? Did he really just say my parents were dead? I looked at him, tears brewing in the back of my eyes. In a moment of anger and rage I pulled my hand away.

“Yah! Oppa if this is a joke this isn’t funny!” I said slowly moving away from him.

“Ji-Young ah…” He reached for my hand and I moved away.

“NO! STOP LYING TO ME! OPPA PLEASE SAY

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter