Maybe We Should Work Together

Why Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tan’s POV

After the revelation of Young Do actually having a heart and caring for my little cousin I began to think of how he could be of use. I remember when Eun Sang ran off, he found her in a matter of days. Although I had also found her, he used his wide variety of connections. Maybe he could be an asset to finding her.

“Eun Sang ah do you think he could help us?”
She looked into my eyes looms of hope sprouting from her eyes.

“Oppa, I really think he genuinely cares for her, he could be a major help.”
I nodded accepting the fact I would have to bury my pride in order to find Ji Young. My eyes darted over to Myung Soo who tried to keep a straight face but I could see hurt in his eyes. I didn’t know if it was because of Ji Young running away or because his best friend just confessed to liking Ji Young too.
“Myung Soo chin up, we’ll find her. I promise.” I called out to him.

He picked up his head and smiled.

“Of course hyung.” He said and looked down again.

I felt pity for him. I personally knew how it felt competing with Young Do for a girl I truly loved. Thankfully I won the fight but for once I actually have no idea who Ji Young’s heart will choose.

 

 

The day had finally come to an end. Arriving home I saw Ji Sungie sitting in the lounge upset about Ji Young’s sudden departure. I plopped myself on the couch and wrapped an arm around him.

“You alright kiddo?” I said trying to cheer him up.

“Hyung will noona come back?” He said in a monotonous voice.

What should I say? I have no idea if she will. I can’t break this little boys heart.

He turned his head to face me.

“Hyung will she?”
“Of course she will, she’s just having a break. She’ll be back right before you know it.” I said ruffling his hair. Suddenly I felt him tugging at my arm, I looked over to him.
“Hyung please don’t leave. I’ll be good. I promise.”

This was absolutely heart breaking, seeing him pleading for me to stay. It seemed to me he thought it was his fault Ji Young left.
“Buddy, I’m not going anywhere. Why would you think that?”
“It’s because I drive everyone away. My mom, dad and now noona. It’s my fault.”
“Hey don’t go thinking like that okay? None of this was ever your fault okay?”
He looked to the ground.

“Okay?” I said reinforcing the idea it wasn’t his fault.

Slowly but eventually he nodded his head.

I pulled him into a hug.

This poor boy had been feeling like this the entire time and none of us knew. Ji Young you better get your home. He needs you!

 

It was around 6pm and we needed a few things from the store so I dragged Ji Sung along with me to get his mind off of everything. As we walked he said he was hungry so I went to buy him some ramyun for him. As soon as we arrived I saw Young Do sitting alone at a table staring i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter