Lunch?

Why Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Young’s POV

After I had made Eun Sang swear to keep this ‘incident’ between us, she made me promise to stay away from those two.

“Ji Young ah I’m only telling you this because I know from personal experience, stay away from those two. They’re…they’re really cruel people.”
“Unnie don’t worry, I already made a new friend.”
She turned her head to me surprised.

“Oh really? And who might this special friend be?”
Her sudden change in tone made my cheeks turn a rosy red colour.

“U-uh Jo Myung Soo? Do you know him?”

“Oh Ji Young is that a blush I see? I think someone has a crush…” She said teasing me.

“Yaaaah! Unnie you’re not funny!” I said and lightly pushed her.

“I was kidding geeeeez…” She laughed “…well to answer your question from before. Yes I do know him. He is a really good kid.”

I couldn’t help but smile.

“Yeah he really is kind…well anyways unnie I have to go back to get my bag from the changing room. I forgot it while you dragged me away. Meet you at the cafeteria for lunch?”
“Do you want me to come with you?”
“It’s alright unnie. You can go get Tan if you want?”

She nodded.

“Okay see you soon”

 

Making my way to the gym changing rooms I thought about Rachel. Why was she like that? Was she originally like that or was she actually a normal human being? Maybe it was due to the enormous responsibility of being an heir. I know Tan was like that before meeting Eun Sang but after that he settled down a lot. Eun Sang was like Tan’s saviour and I guess that’s what Rachel needed. I know I should hate her guts but after all the hatred I projected towards my family during my parent’s funeral I couldn’t do it any longer. That’s why I’m trying to understand from her perspective, it’s better than hating her and becoming a bitter old lady as the result of it.

 

As I turned the corner to the gym I saw Young Do standing there looking into space. From here he looked like a normal person. His face was strained with unseen pain, anger and hurt…he almost looked vulnerable. Then I remembered Myung Soo saying he had been through a lot, all I knew was that he lost Eun Sang Unnie to Tan but I didn’t know what else could’ve made him the way he is. I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach, it was urging me to help him. Not only to help him emotionally but to help me understand why he was like this. Because I didn’t want to disturb what looked like him letting go of all his worries, I tip toed as quietly as I could behind him. I thought I was doing well until he turned around.

 

“Oh No Money there you are. I was waiting for you.” He walked towards me and I remembered my promise with Eun Sang. However I didn’t know if I could keep it. I really wanted to know about him but then Eun Sang would tell Tan what happened in a heartbeat.

Sighing I tried to get past him but he moved his foot to the left so I tripped over it. Expecting my face to meet the concrete I felt him grab my arm stopping me from falling. Swiftly he turned me around so I was looking up at him. We stayed there fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter