Without a Trace

Why Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Young’s POV

Instead of going home I rang Tan.

“Hello?”
“Oppa I need a break.”
“JI Young ah? Why? Did something happen?”
“Uh not really. I just want to go home.”
“Then come home, umma is worried about you.”
“Oppa not that home. My home. Busan.”
“Aish silly girl come home first then we can sort things out.”
“No oppa I’m going now, I just rang to tell you so you guys wouldn’t wait up.”
“WAIT WHAT? JI YOUNG AH!”
“Oppa don’t worry about me I have enough money to survive for a couple of weeks. I just need a break oppa, please look after Ji Sungie. I’ll be back soon so don’t look for me.” With that said I disconnected our phone call. A part of me felt guilty for leaving Ji Sung behind but I would rather go and reflect by myself without my family constantly worrying about my sudden change in mood swings and attitude.

 

I knew I should have went home to pack but knowing Tan he would have stopped me from going. Realisation was starting to set on me. Should I really leave? I only have my school uniform and backpack, it wasn’t really ideal travelling material. Then I remembered I had my wallet, I definitely needed to buy me more appropriate clothes for my stay in Busan. I asked the taxi driver to take me to a local outlet store so I could buy me some warm clothes and shoes. I bought a travel bag and put everything in it. Thankfully it all fit. Half an hour later I had arrived at the train station and bought my ticket to Busan.

 

The train ride to Busan was 3 hours long and we were only half an hour into it. Already I felt more relaxed. No dramas. No attachments. Nothing. Just peace and quiet. While I was enjoying my freedom my phone was buzzing away. 39 missed calls and 26 unread messages. Flicking through the text messages they were from both Tan and Aunt Ki Ae. I knew they were concerned and worried so I txt them both telling them I was fine and just needed time to think.

After hitting send I turned my phone off and put my headphones in my ears. Going through the songs on my ipod I put it on shuffle. The music consumed me and before I knew it I fell asleep.

 

The movement of the train had come to a halt and woke me up. Grabbing my bags I exited the train. The familiar scenery gave me comfort. Walking through the station I remembered how my parents would often take me and Ji Sung to Seoul when they had the money. How they would spoil us two like crazy despite the little money they made. The memories made here were really overwhelming me, I rushed to catch the bus to the only hotel that was close to my old home. Busan Lotte Hotel. Despite its expensive cost I had to stay somewhere close to home. Although I had a lot of money in my savings account thanks to my parents hard work I had a feeling I wouldn’t have any left at the end of my trip. After making my booking I went up to my room to unpack. It was around 11:00pm and the view from my room was breathtaking. The night sky filled with the lights of the city. Stopping in the midst of unpacking I walked towards the window and breathed in the air of Busan. Don’t get me wrong I loved living in Seoul but it was nice being home. Being born and bred in Busan it will forever remain in my heart.

I felt ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter