Awkward

Why Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Young’s POV

As soon as we arrived at the cafeteria my eyes immediately scanned for Eun Sang Unnie. I had to explain why I was coming here with Young Do so she wouldn’t jump to conclusions. Rushing to them, her face was filled with disappointment. I knew then she thought I had broken our promise. The two boys were approaching the table and I gave her a cliff notes version of what had happened before they arrived.

“Oh there you are.” Tan said but I completely ignored him, my only focus was telling unnie the truth so she wouldn’t tell Tan oppa about Rachel and Young Do.

From the corner of my eye I saw Tan scratch his neck in frustration because it was the second time he’d been ignored. I heard him mutter under his breath.

 

I turned to Eun Sang and quickly told her what had happened.

“Unnie before you get angry at me I didn’t bring him here I swear. Myung Soo invited him.”

She didn’t say anything and just patted my knee. As if she was praising me for not talking to him. Sometimes Eun Sang and Tan thought I was too understanding and at times it made me look vulnerable and foolish.

 

The two boys sat down and the semi awkward atmosphere was at full blast. Tan stopped eating and looked up, almost instantly he pushed his plate away from him.

“Aish. I think I just lost my appetite.”

“Oh Kim Tan. It’s nice to see you too. How’s your moms?” He spat out which clearly riled up Tan. It was quite understandable, personally knowing Tan’s situation. He was pretty much bought up with a fake mom while my Aunt Ki Ae was shunned away in a room somewhere in there house. His dad was unfaithful during his second marriage making Tan an illegitimate child. Tan stood up pushing his chair away from him. The cafeteria was dead silent you could almost hear a pin drop.

 

“Ah Choi Young Do its attitude like that that made your mom run away. I may have two mothers but how much do you have?” Looking at Young Do, his ‘I don’t give a ’ look had changed to the sad, weak ‘I give up’ look I saw at the gym earlier. It was finally starting to make sense as to why he was the way he was. And then that feeling of wanting to help him returned. It was a while before he spoke again.

“And thanks to you I missed my last meal with her. At least when it came to you I wasn’t as petty.” I gasped. Tan had never told me this before. It was shocking how many revelations were told in the time span of 5 minutes.

I was gradually becoming irritated with their fighting. Eun Sang tried to stop them but they kept going at it. Their argument had gathered quite a crowd. What the hell was up with this school and their crowds? Fricken nosey people!

 

Myung Soo tried to settle them down by gently pulling Young Do away and telling him to go outside and calm down. Young Do jerked his hand away from Myung Soo and all I saw was Tan reach over the table and collar Young Do. This pissed me off. I was one of those people who hated violence. It is a waste of time and doesn’t resolve anything, all that results from violence is people being hurt and I wasn’t going to let my cousin hurt himself or worse anyone else. I had reached my limit, I couldn’t take this anymore.

“YAH!!!!!!” I yelled slamming the table. Tan and Young Do stopped their fighting and stared wide eyed. Not only them but the nosey crowd of people who had their phones out ready to film their fight.

“What the hell is wrong with you two?? Are you two in kindergarten? Huh? Both of you are acting like kids and it’s ridiculous!! It’s only been a day and I’v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter