Chapter 18

Bitter-Sweet Attractions

As Hyuna and Junhyung got home, she quickly went into the bedroom and closed the door, locking it behind her.

Junhyung scoffed from the living room and tilted his head.

 

"Did you just lock the door on me?" He asked her. He laughed and went over to knock on the door.

 

"Yah, Kim Hyuna!" He called her name. "You're sleeping on the couch." She told him. He scoffed and tugged on the door. "Well, I'm gonna need blankets, and pillows. And my clothes are in there." He told her.

 

Hyuna looked around and saw his clothes that were in the drawers.

 

"When did he put them in the drawers already?" She whispered to herself.

 

She thought back to their kiss at the track and the part when she bit his lips popped up in her mind. She shook and closed her eyes as she grasped her head.

 

"Stop thinking about it, Hyuna. Stop it!" She whispered to herself.

 

"Yah, who are you talking to?" Junhyung asked pressing his ear against the door. "Get away! Leave me alone!" She yelled at him from irritation, causing him to laugh only from her cuteness.

"So what? You can calm your hormones?" He asked, motion it towards her biting his lips. He smirked and his lips while she screamed and covered her ears. "Get lost or get out of my house!" She yelled at him. He chuckled and backed away, walkng over to the kitchen.

He opened the fridge and realized there wasn't anything in there. He touched his growling stomach and sighed.

 

"I'm gonna go to the grocery store! Be back later." He yelled then went out.

 

Hyuna widened her eyes and listened as the door closed. She slowly got off of the bed and went to open the door. She looked around her house and saw no sign of him.

She sunk into the couch in the living room and took a deep breath.

 

"Yah, how can you just bite his lips like that? How are you gonna face him for the rest of your life?!" She mumbled to herself in a high-pitched voice. She covered her face and ran her fingers through her hair messily.

 

 

When Junhyung almost got to the grocery store, his phone rang.

 

"Hello?" He answered. "Junhyung-ah, it's your uncle!"

Junhyung sighed and looked away.

"What is it?" He asked. "Where have you been, son? Long time, no see." His uncle said. "School. What else?" Junhyung asked with a slight glare.

"Well, Mr. Kim called..." His uncle said, catching Junhyung's attention. "And... he wasn't too happy." His uncle continued.

"So why are you calling me?" Junhyung asked rolling his eyes. "Because you were the one to deliver the package. So, he's blaming you for replacing the products."

"What?" Junhyung asked stopping his walk. "It was YOU. YOU said you'd take care of it!" Junhyung yelled angrilly.

"Yeah, about that. You know, I've been helping you ever since you were a baby now. And... I think it's your time to deal with your own problems for once."

Junhyung scoffed in disbelief.

"It's not my problem and it wasn't MY decision to replace half of it. So you're gonna have to deal with it yourself." Junhyung said hanging up the phone. He shook his head and walked off.

 

After a few moments, he got a text from his uncle that read: Meet you at the Saint's Bar. 3 hours. 

He ignored the text and walked inside the store, evidentally meeting up with Gikwang who was there shopping as well..

 

"Hey, what's up man." Junhyung said walking over to him and shaking his hand. "Hey," Gikwang said looking around.

"She's not here. It's just me." Junhyung told him. Gikwang sighed and looked away. "I didn't ask." He said. Junhyung his lips and took a deep breath.

 

"Are you not satisfied that I'm with Hyuna?" Junhyung asked. Gikwang shot a look at him and looked away. "Come on. Talk to me." Junhyung asked again.

"I just don't trust you with her." Gikwang said. "Why's that?" Junhyung asked. "Because. We don't even know  you. Where you came from, who you are. Nothing." Gikwang said.

Junhyung sighed and chuckled, scratching his head.

"What's your thoughts on Hyuna?" He asked. Gikwang his lips and looked away. "You like her?" He asked again. "It's not like that." Gikwang said with a slight glare.

"Then what?" Junhyung asked. Gikwang sighed and looked at him. "I have to watch over her and make sure she's ok." He told him. Junhyung let out a laugh.

"Don't worry. I'm doing that already." Junhyung said. "That's what you say now." Gikwang mumbled silently, but enough for Junhyung to hear.

Junhyung scrunched up his eyebrows and looked at him with confusion.

 

"What do you mean by that?" He asked. Gikwang looked at him and glared away.

"A couple months ago, Hyuna was walking home from school. She forgot her cell phone, so I chased after her to give it to her. I don't know if it was fate or something, but I came across these three men in black suit cornering her."

Junhyung concentrated on Gikwang's every word.

"I was gonna go protect her, but she was talking back to them as well, as if she knew them. So I stayed back and just watched. But then they started dragging her away towards a black van, so I ran to her when she called for help."

 

Junhyung quickly thought back to the time when he protected Hyuna from those men as well and regreted how he got beat up instead.

 

"I took her home safely and asked her about it, but she didn't want to talk about it. So I stopped asking." Gikwang said.

"So... you think I'm a bad guy?" Junhyung asked. "Everyone is. Until proven innocent." Gikwang said glancing at Junhyung.

 

"Hyuna is a very good friend of mine. She was always there for me when no one else was. She first brought me to the Club of Fitness and made me into the person I am today." Gikwang said.

"Soo... you like her?" Junhyung asked. "I'm not a match for Hyuna." Gikwang said. "I figured that out when you came into the scene. So I'm not gonna compete with you."

Junhyung looked at Gikwang and smacked his lips.

"I'm not a bad person." Junhyung told him. "So take care of Hyuna. Don't let me have to wanna protect her again." He said then walked off.

Junhyung scoffed and watched as he walked away.

 

 

 

Hyuna laid in bed and pouted, waiting to see if Junhyung was coming home yet.

 

"Yah, what's taking him so long?" She mumbled to herself.

 

Before she knew it, she heard a key being punched into the doorknob. She scoffed and got up as the door opened. She walked outside her bedroom to the living room.

 

"Yah, about t-

 

Hyuna widened her eyes at two unfamiliar faces standing in front of her.

 

"Hello, Kim Hyuna. I'm Junhyung's uncle. Yong Namjoon."

 

A/N: Hello everyone! Here is another update! Things are gonna get pretty serious!

I have many surprises I'm gonna reveal in the coming chapters, so stay tuned!

Please don't forget to leave a comment to let me know how the story's going for you.

I really want to better my writing skills and my originality to make youguys enjoy my stories better.

Thanks for your love and support! Until next time! <3