Chapter 15

Bitter-Sweet Attractions

Hyuna got up around late afternoon and smelt Junhyung's scent all over her, due to his jacket she wore to sleep. She groaned and turned around, looking at the spot Junhyung would usually be laying on.

Yah, I've gotten too used to him. Jerk.

She sighed and placed his jacket to the side, getting up and washing up before heading out.

 

 

 

Junhyung walked out of his hotel nicely dressed in casual clothing as well as sunglasses to protect his beautiful face. He went inside a car and sat down in the back while the driver drove off.

He took out his phone and looked at the wallpaper, seeing Hyuna's face on there. He smiled and realized how much he missed her.

They're not even finalized yet. But to him, she was already his'. No questions asked.

He closed his phone when they got to the destination and exhaled.

 

 

Hyuna walked to meet up with Sohyun inside a restaurant, Gikwang and Dongwoon were also there.

"Yah! What took you so long?" Sohyun asked with a wide smile, scooting over so Hyuna could sit next to her. "Sorry, I was up late last night. So I slept in." She explained.

"Did you call Junhyung too?" Sohyun asked Dongwoon. Hyuna shot a look at them and in her lips. "Yeah, but he said he's busy so wouldn't be able to make it."

"Yah, what can he be busy with? Does he have a side job Hyuna?" Sohyun asked. "I don't know." Hyuna answered quickly. Gikwang glanced at Hyuna and smiled.

"Yah, let's just order. I'm hungry." He said then they all grabbed the menu.

 

 

 

Junhyung sat in a small restaurant and awaited for his guest to arrive. His uncle's assistant that was with him handed him some papers.

"They're probably gonna be pretty strict, so here are some information you should look at." He explained. Junhyung nodded and looked through the papers.

After a while, the door opened and in came a man in his mid 50's, dressed in a clean suit.

"Mr. Yong Junhyung?" He called. "Mr. Kim Jiho." Junhyung stood up and bowed 90 degree angle to him. "Please sit down, sir." He continued, sitting back down. The elder man sat down and fixed his clothes.

"So, why must you be here and not your uncle?" The man asked. "I'm sorry for such inconvenience, but he's been pretty busy lately with his other clients, therefore I was called in to take care of this matter." Junhyung answered.

"So what do you have for me today?" The man asked. Junhyung gave the papers back to the assistant and placed his hands on his lap. The assistant brought out a suitcase and placed it on the table. He opened it and revealed three packs of 5lbs of .

"Three packs. Five pounds each." Junhyung explained to him. The man took one of the bag and cut it open, tasting it to see if it was the real deal. Junhyung his lips gently and kept his eyes on the man.

He hated this job. His uncles have gotten him into it since he wanted to earn some money for himself. But he's so tired of it now. This BETTER be his last time.

 

"Alright. Looks good." Mr. Kim said then pulled out a suitcase as well, placing it on the table and opening it. "It's all in there. Thanks for your business. I'll surely be calling youguys back." He said then headed out.

Junhyung closed the money and handed it to the assistant.

"Let's go back to the hotel." The assistant said then they walked out.

"Why do you like working for my uncle, Assistant Jang?" Junhyung asked. "Because I have no other place to go. Your uncle saved me from the streets and helped me build up my life." He told him.

"Isn't it burdensome and suffocating?" Junhyung asked scratching his temple. "It is. But I have no where else to go. Besides, half of the product in those bags are false anyways. We make more money without anyone noticing."

Junhyung shot a glare at Assistant Jang.

"What did you just say?" Junhyung asked. Assistant Jang widened his eyes and stuttered, realizing he just told Junhyung something he wasn't supposed to know.

"Uh, sir, it's- it's

"So you're saying... that I just risked my life, to give the most popular and dangerous man, a bag filled with half-ful ?" Junhyung asked with anger building up. "Uh, look, I can explain. Your uncle can explain. There's no way of them finding out. No one has for a couple of months now."

"Yah, so this was why he told me to come do it? Because it was Mr. Kim? So I would take the blame for it instead for 'not knowing'?" Junhyung yelled to Assistant Jang.

"Your uncle knows what he's doing. Nothing will go wrong." He explained. "Nothing? Okay," Junhyung said then took out his phone and called his uncle.

 

"Yah, why didn't you tell me the bags were half-ful?" Junhyung asked in irritation. His uncle chuckled on the other line. "Jang Jiyong, that bastard." His uncle said about Assistant Jang.

"Oh, so it's funny? So I wasn't supposed to know about this? Even though my life is on the line?" Junhyung asked. "Yah, don't worry about it! Uncle's got your back."

"You got my back? Then why didn't you make this distribution yourself? Why ask me? I'm out. You're taking care of business yourself." Junhyung said then hung up the call. Assistant Jang widened his eyes in fear, because he knew he was gonna be in trouble to spilling it out to Junhyung.

"Look, Mr. Yong, we can work this out. There were just some misunderstandings." He said. "Misunderstandings? If this was a misunderstanding, why wasn't I informed about this BEFORE I came here? Why spill it out to me now accidentally? Hm?" Junhyung asked in irritation. Assistant Jang's phone rang, making him shake.

"Uh, Boss?" He answered. He looked at Junhyung and nodded then hung up.

"Boss said you can just go back home and he'll deal with the business himself if you're too scared too." Assistant Jang said. Junhyung scoffed. "Scared? I'm not a like him. Let him deal with his own business." Junhyung said then looked ahead with his stone cold face.

 

 

 

Hyuna and them got out of the restaurant and they all started looking at each other.

"Yah, did youguys wanna go chill at my place?" Dongwoon asked. "Well, we have the tournament coming up, so I'm gonna go to school and work on some stuffs." Hyuna explained. "I can go with you too." Gikwang said. Hyuna looked at him and in her lips. "Oh, okay. If you want to."

"Alright then, we'll see youguys tomorrow for school then." Sohyun said then they all went their separate ways.

 

Hyuna and Gikwang walked together to the school in silence and slight awkwardness. It was abnormal for them.

"So are you ready for the tournament?" Gikwang finally broke the silence. Hyuna glanced at him and smiled. "I'm never ready enough." She chuckled, making him chuckle as well.

"I know. It's always stressful when the time gets nearer." He told her. She nodded. "Yeah, but I believe we'll do fine this year. We seem to be more lively this year." Hyuna said. "Ever since Junhyung joined too."

Hyuna shot a look at him and stuttered to smile.

"What does that mean?" She asked. "He seems to light up the place more." Gikwang said, showing some jealousy. "Well, everyone has their own love and spotlight in the team." She told him. "I know, but he seems to be taking all the ones I need." He said, but Hyuna didn't realize he meant her.

"Well, it's okay if you feel that way. You'll get used to having a newcomer." She said with a smile. "Actually, Hyuna-ah," he called her name. She stopped walking and looked at him with a smile.

He wanted to talk to her about what he saw and heard the other day between Hyuna and Junhyung in the shed. But he didn't know if it would make her feel uncomfortable or not around him. But his heart isn't content without an answer.

"What is it?" She asked him after a while of silence. "Um, I'm sorry. But I actually gotta go somewhere. I forgot about it. You go ahead by yourself." He said then started heading the other way. Hyuna widened her eyes but nodded.

"Oh, okay then. See you tomorrow!" She said then walked off.

 

Gikwang exhaled and closed his eyes for a good three seconds in anger since he wasn't able to ask Hyuna. He wanted to confront her. About everything. But what if it makes her unable to perform her best for the tournament. He didn't want it to be a distraction to her. Well, thats more the reason to talk to her about it.

 

 

Hyuna jogged around the track in her short shorts and tank top, music blasting through her headphones. She's been jogging for almost an hour non-stop, draining her worries of missing Junhyung away.

It's only been a day and she's missing him like crazy already. No one to bother her and piss her off. No one to kiss her. No one to hold her. None of that smirk and annoying smile and ughh!!

"Kim HYUNA!! Stop thinking about him!!"

She stopped running and fell to the ground, panting. Her legs felt so weak and tired, she laid on her back and looked up at the sky.

"He must be having so much fun." She mumbled to herself. She wiped the sweat off her forehead and went to the gym room to go take a shower.

 

Hyuna turned off the shower head and grabbed her towel that was hanging on top of the door. She wrapped it around herself and opened the shower door, sighing from her long run. She looked ahead and screamed when she saw Junhyung standing in front of her.

"Yong Junhyung?! Yah! What are you doing here? ert!" She said covering herself with her hands. Like that helped, but she didn't have anything else. Her clothes were behind him. He chuckled and missed her cute self.

She was happy to see him as well. But why was he back so soon? And she surely didn't picture their greeting for when he came back to be in the gym shower room.

"Wasn't the response I was looking for. But it'll do." He said. "Well, creeping up on someone who just got out of the shower isn't gonna get you a good response." She told him walking towards him to get her clothes.

"No way." He mumbled, blocking her path. "Move. I need to get dressed. Get out of here." She said. He looked down at her and bit the corner of his lips. She saw and stuttered nervously.

"Yah, d-don't do that." She said looking away. "Move." She told him again, trying to walk around him, but he blocked the way again. She smacked her lips and looked up at him to yell at him, but Junhyung's lips beat her to it.

He kissed her and pulled her closely against his body. An arm around her waist and another around her jawline.

Sighs. This kiss. This scent. The taste. He feels complete now. So did she.

Junhyung's hand reached closer to her towel, wanting to remove it, but Hyuna slapped his hand away and moved away from him.

"Let me get dressed. Please." She begged of him. He chuckled and walked towards the exit door. "I'll be waiting." He said. "I'll be out the other door." She joked with him then quickly got dressed.

She walked out of the gym room and found him leaning against the wall, staring her up and down.

"Yah, stop looking at me like that. ert." She told him covering herself with her hands. He smacked his lips and walked towards her. "Yah, every sentence that comes out of your mouth to me, MUST have the word 'ert' in it?" He asked in irritation. She chuckled and walked out of the gym room.

"Yes, because it's true." She told him. He scoffed and went to her, grabbing her waist and turning her around. He pulled her closely against his body, making her shriek.

"Yah, let go of me. I'm tired. I've been jogging for almost an hour straight to rid my thoughts of yo-" Hyuna stopped herself from finishing her sentence and looked away, her cheeks someone growing red without her permission. Junhyung chuckled at her cuteness and walked in front of her.

"You missed me that much? Come one then. Climb on. I'll piggyback you home." He told her. She scoffed but couldn't say no to the offer. She climbed on his back and wrapped her arms around his shoulder.

"Yah, you've gotten so heavy." He exclaimed jokingly. She scoffed and chuckled. "Yah, your hicky is still there." She said sticking out her tongue to him. He smacked his lips in irritance. "Yah, you really need to take it off."

"Yah, it's not something I can just 'take off'." She said laughing. "Well, DO something about it! I hate it!" He told her. "Now you know how I felt when you did the same thing to me at school." She told him. "Just wait until I give you another one."

"Mmhmm.. sure sure," she said then they both walked off.

 

 

 

"So that's the girl?" Junhyung's Uncle spoke to Assistant Jang from inside their car. "Yes, boss. Kim Hyuna. No papers about parents whereabouts. No siblings. She's the Caption for her Club of Fitness team." He explained.

"Hmm... I see.." Junhyung's Uncle said.

 

A/N: Well, here's another update!! I'll be uploading another one in a couple days.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Many things will be happening soon, hence the ending to this chapter,

So stay tuned! Thanks for all your love and support! <3 You'll be blessed! <3