Who Are You?

21st Century Kim

The two of them stared at each other more in shock than they were in disgust of the fact that they were on top of each other in a jacuzzi. It was a strange occurrence, of course Sungyeol had never been harrassed by a man in a pink hanbok, just as Myungsoo had never found himself perched on top of a topless man. With their bodies pressed together in a sort of romantic setting, they had never encountered a situation as awkward as this.

It was an introduction the two would never forget.

"WHO ARE YOU?!" they both yelled in unison.

Sungyeol's first reaction was to push Myungsoo off of him in the jacuzzi and grab onto his neck, pushing his head into the water to taunt him. "Ya! You punk, were you trying to touch me?!"

Myungsoo was drowning in the water with someone's hands constricting his breathing, but he knew exactly how to combat in the water and nudged on Sungyeol's weak legs to move them out of the way and trip him into the pool. The roles reversed, and now Myungsoo controlled Sungyeol in the water. "I don't know who you are, but leave me alone! Don't take me to the palace guards! I did not murder my father!"

Sungyeol whipped his body back up in the water and escaped his grasp, splashing everywhere with his hair blocking his vision. "You're a ert! You were trying to molest me!"

Sungyeol brought his hand back and aimed for a punch at Myungsoo's head, who swiftly shifted to the side and reciprocated with a punch of his own to Sungyeol's cheek. Sungyeol fell back into the jacuzzi from the knockout.

"I need to leave this well!" Myungsoo panicked. His whole outfit was soaking in water that it was difficult for him to step out of the well and run away. He crawled on the floor, picking himself up as he looked around for a direction to run to. It was unlike anything he had seen before. The forest had seemed to change, with a small pond right next to the well and a tall structure with multiple windows aligned together. The whole grounds was made out of a stone, and surrounding him were even taller structures to overpower. "Where is the forest?" Myungsoo screamed.

But just as he could figure things out Sungyeol had already stepped out of the pool, and with one furious kick he nailed the back of Myungsoo's head to knock him to the ground. Sungyeol breathed heavily, holding onto his neck as he forced himself to cough up the water he swallowed during the skirmish. "You punk!" he yelled out to Myungsoo.

Myungsoo continued to lay on the ground without a single working sense. His eyes were closed, his tongue sticking out as he sprawled on the floor helplessly.

"Wait!" Sungyeol crouched down to shake the stranger awake, praying he did not accidentally kill a man. Even though the man invaded his privacy and touched him, it was worse for him having the responsibility on his head for murdering someone out of passion. He wanted the man at least conscious before he called the police. "Wake up! Wake up!" Sungyeol begged, slapping him in the face to wake him.

No response.

 

(((())))

 

Sungjong was slowly whisking away into a bliss of an episode of Miss Korea when he was suddenly interrupted by a pounding knock on their apartment door. He tried to ignore the sound, turning the volume higher to drown the sound. This only made the person knock even louder and faster. Sungjong grumpily pushed himself off the couch to answer. "Holy , I'm coming!" he yelled, walking to the door and quickly unlocking the door to swing it in a fury. 

"What do you want?!"

Standing in front of Sungjong was his older brother Sungyeol bent over, wearing nothing but his swim trunks and drenched in smelly chlorine water. On his back lay an unconscious man with his arms slipping around his shoulders. Sungjong was in shock, his mouth gaping open and unsure how one even reacted to something like this. His eyes scanned Sungyeol from head to toe, taking a step back as his eyes grew in disgust.

"Sungjong, I can explain," Sungyeol gasped.

Sungjong scratched his head. "Sungyeol, you are half piggybacking a guy wearing a pink metallic hanbok who is out cold. On top of it all... you have a . I don't know what else there is to explain."

"What do you mean I have a !" THIS PUNK! DID HE... Sungyeol had completely forgotten of the unknown man on his back at the mention of a , standing up and dropping him to the ground in an instant. He looked down at his swim trunks, in which a slight bulge appeared pitched as a tent. 

"Hyung!" Sungjong grabbed onto Sungyeol's shoulders and violently turned him around to reveal the unconscious man thrown off to the ground like deadweight. His whole face was planted to kiss the floor and his arms and legs spread out to take up the whole width of the hallway. His drenched body set an imprint on the carpet, his whole body dripping with water and making his mark in their apartment complex.

"Damnit! Sungyeol grabbed onto of his legs and motioned for his borhter to help drag him through the door. "Sungjong, can you help me carry him to the couch?"

Sungjong raised an eyebrow as he obliged. He tiptoed over the stranger's body and helped lift his shoulders up to carry him. He had no idea how Sungyeol ended up with this person, why he was in traditional Korean dress, or why Sungyeol had a upon walking back to his apartment. It was quite a mystery for Sungjong to figure out, and for a slight second he worried that this guy could be a secret murderer or a burglar. Whatever was going on, Sungyeol had him carry the unconscious man to the couch. "I can't wait to hear this story..."

 

(((())))

 

Sungjong held up a sliced mackerel to the person's nose, who was placed on the couch with several towels piled on him to dry. Sungyeol stood by the coffee table with a shirt on and a towel wrapped over his shoulders. He had washed up in the meantime of having the strange man sleeping on their couch, and now Sungyeol and Sungjong spent the last 30 minutes getting him to wake up.

"So let me get this straight," Sungjong started, pushing the fish against the stranger's nose to the point that he was shoving it up his nostrils. "You took a nap in the jacuzzi and had a dream about she who will not be named. Someone started rubbing your junk, and suddenly you wake up to this guy right on top of your lap. He's wearing a pink hanbok, the both of you scream, and the first thing he says is 'don't take me to the palace guards' and punches you in the face. The two of you have a fight in the jacuzzi, he thinks you're going to arrest him for murder, and then you kick him in the head and knock him out. You carried him up to the apartment, and now this guy is on our couch and he gave you a . Well that's nice."

"Ya!" Sungyeol whipped the towel off of his shoulders and swung it inches away from Sungjong's head. "Do not talk about that!"

"Ok, sorry!" Sungjong left the mackerel on top of the man's face and put his hands up to surrender. "I'll stop."

Sungyeol wished he was kidding. His cheeks turned red in embarrassment after revealing a truth that sounded so farfetched. Sungyeol had no idea to swear he was telling the truth, because quite honestly he doubted his own self. He had no idea who this man was and for all he knew he could have been a closeted ert preying on unsuspecting men in jacuzzis to feel them up. 

At that moment, Sungyeol and Sungjong heard a stirring noise muffled by the piece of fish. The stranger's body started to turn on the couch, wiping the mackerel off of his face and scrunching up his nose. A sharp throbbing pain hit the back of his head, spazzing his arm to touch his head and feel a bump as his eyes were still closed. As he regained consciousness, Sungyeol and Sungjong stood together awaiting his awakening. 

Finally, Myungsoo slowly opened up his eyes to adjust to the bright lights of the apartment. His vision was blurry for a split second until pictures sharpened for him. He stared straight at the ceiling, in whicn a rotating blade spun around at a steady rate to create air for the room. Slowly lifting his head his view stared straight to the kitchen, in which there were a lot of unfamiliar contraptions he had never seen before, such as a box on top of the counter that had numbers on its side as well as a cylinder machine that was dripping some sort of brown substance that filled the apartment with a warm aroma. He looked to his side to notice a black box in which people were crawling inside and talking together on the wall. Finally as Myungsoo's eyes finished scanning the room, they focused on two people standing above them, one of them he recognized as the man from the well. 

"YOU!" Myungsoo hesitated and found the fish next to his head, sitting up from the couch and holding the fish in front of him for defense. "I order you to tell me your names and your order of business."

"Excuse me?!" Sungyeol felt that he deserved to know first. "You tell me your name first!"

"I don't recall this looking like the prison at Seoul that my uncle built." Myungsoo waved the fish in front of them like a sword, standing up from the couch and walking towards the brothers. Sungyeol and Sungjong held onto each other nervously as they took a step back from the angry unknown of their apartment. Myungsoo was unfazed by their fear, taking another step forward to threaten them with sliced mackerel. "This place looks different from any other place I know, and your garments are peculiar to mine. I demand to know your name this instance and your purpose of holding me captive."

"Ok, what? Holding you captive?! Hold on." Sungyeol pointed his finger at Myungsoo's face, furious that he was taking control of the situation. "You do not tell me orders in my own apartment. We were in the jacuzzi when you invaded my own personal space, you ert!"

Myungsoo's rage heightened to a level he never thought imaginable, having been humiliated by his own cousin for his father's murder, being chased by guards around his palace, and now feeling violated in a strange room. "I am a member of the House of Kim. My name is Myungsoo, older brother of prince Moonsoo, son of Queen Jinyoung and the honorable and late King Myunghae. My father was poisoned right before my eyes, and the entire court believes it was my fault. You were in the same well as me!"

"Where the hell are you from, the 1800s?" Sungyeol rolled his eyes, growing impatient of Myungsoo's attitude. "Kim Myungsoo, I don't know what kind of game you're playing but this needs to stop right now."

"My father is the ruler of the Joseon state and I am the Crown Prince, and you have the audacity to treat your superior in this way?" Myungsoo questioned. "I have never been disrespected this much in my whole life."

"Disrespected how?! You were the one that violated me!" Sungyeol pressed his finger against Myungsoo's chest in an effort to push him back. "You're not fooling anyone right now, and if you don't tell me why you touched me I will call the police."

"You insolent swine!" Myungsoo exclaimed.

"Did you just call me a swine?!" Sungyeol screamed.

In the midst of their loud argument, Sungjong stood off to the side reserved and observant of the disaster in front of him. His own brother, who had been suffering through an intense breakup for only a day, was arguing with a man named Myungsoo who sported a pink hanbok in his spare time. He also claims that his father was the ruler of the Joseon Dynasty. 

That was when Sungjong made an interesting connection from an earlier moment spent with Sungyeol. He pinched himself at the thought of thinking of something as crazy and idiotic as this, but everything presented was too coincidental to pass up.

"THE BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!" Sungjong ordered.

Sungjong silenced the two of them just as Myungsoo shoved the fish in Sungyeol's face in an effort to provide punishment for talking back to a prince. As this is happening, Sungyeol had his fingers gripped into Myungsoo's shoulders as he planned to fight him one more time. The two of them looked towards Sungjong, the youngest one between them standing with his arms crossed and his face fixed to demanding obedience. Sungyeol and Myungsoo stopped fighting each other, taking a step back to hear what Sungjong had to say. 

"What is it?" Sungyeol asked, feeling frustrated by everything that had happened within the past 24 hours. 

Sungjong was reluctant to speak at first, holding his hands out to express that what would come out of his mouth next was a little bizarre. Even then, Sungjong was willing to give it a shot. "Sungyeol, this is going to sound insane. But..." Sungjong paused to fully collect his thoughts, shaking his head at how crazy he would sound. "This guy Myungsoo says that he has a brother named Moonsoo, his father's name is Myunghae."

"Yes, that is indeed correct," Myungsoo confirmed.

Sungjong quickly glanced at the table, finding Sungyeol's history book and grabbing it to show. It was exactly what he needed, pointing right at the book for Sungyeol to see. "When you were studying earlier, you said all of those names."

Sungyeol was uncertain where Sungjong was going with this. "Yeah... so?! It's a history book. Anyone could steal names off of that whenever they want and take on a story to be an imposter. Look at all the phony Cho Yong Pils that exist around the city and pretend to get autographs from unsuspecting people."

"Myungsoo, I mean Prince Myungsoo, whatever. Take a look at everything around here. Does anything look familiar to you at all?"

Myungsoo observed the room once more at Sungjong's request, inspecting every single little detail from the corners of the wall to the patterns of the couch to the type of wood used for their coffee table to the words of the different magazines, captions, and brand names he read off of everything. Nothing looked recognizable. He shook his head gently. "No, everything is foreign to me. I do not recognize many items in this room. We talk in the same language, but you say words that I do not understand sometimes. And your outfits are nothing like I have worn in my life. Are we still in a different country?" Myungsoo asked.

"Look." Sungjong pushed the book into Sungyeol's chest to read.

"What is going on right now?" Myungsoo asked.

Sungjong looked sternly into Sungyeol's eyes. "Hyung, do you think that he... is from the past?"

Sungyeol hugged the book in his arms, looking down at it and wondering if this could be the same exact Myungsoo that he read about. "No, that's stupid."

"I don't know! Why would a random person in a hanbok appear in your jacuzzi out of nowhere, which he calls a well. Is there something in that book that can explain everything?" Sungjong made one more jab to push the book into Sungyeol's chest. "I don't know."

Silence filled the room as the three of them pondered each other's purpose and the power of fate to bring them all together. Myungsoo had yet to fully understand exactly what was going on, but Sungyeol and Sungjong glared at each other and questioned if something of this physical extremity could ever happen. Myungsoo, actually the Kim Myungsoo they had read about. All of this could be a lie and Myungsoo could be playing the both of them. Yet there was something telling Myungsoo's exasperation,  his voice was spelled with some genuinity that Sungjong immediately caught on. Sungyeol was still skeptical, running the idea through his head once more.

Was it possible for a man from the Joseon Dynasty to travel through time to the 21st century?

All of their thoughts were interrupted by a pounding knock once again.

Sungyeol and Sungjong panickedly looked at each other. A soaking wet "Crown Prince" standing in their living room, and someone came to visit. 

"Coming," Sungjong yelled out. 

"Come on Myungsoo." Sungyeol grabbed onto Myungsoo's arm to drag him away from the living room. "We're going to my room."

"Where are you taking me now?" Myungsoo tried to shrug Sungyeol's hand off of him as he was pulled into a hallway against his own will. "I demand answers or else I will attack once more!"

Before Myungsoo could say anything else, Sungyeol shoved him into his room. Sungyeol looked left and right, slamming the door right behind him and locking it.

Sungjong waited for the second Sungyeol and Myungsoo left the living room to answer the door. He unlocked the door once more and swung it open to reveal Dongwoo standing in front of him with a bucket of chicken cradled in one arm and holding a canvas bag of beer in the other. "Guess who got chicken!" Dongwoo grinned.

Sungjong took one look at Dongwoo and slammed the door in his face.

Sungjong turned around and leaned his back against the door, wondering what excuse he would pull out of his to avoid hanging out with Dongwoo.

A rhythmic knock came down one more time from Dongwoo, who's voice was muffled through the door. "Hey Sungjong, I have the food from Missing Chicken. And I have beer. I thought you guys wanted to hang out today?"

"Yeah, about that..." Sungjong tapped his fingers against the door, prompting himself to open the door slightly enough to creep his head out and flash a silly smile at Dongwoo, who had a perplexed expression as he hugged his bucket of chicken and looked almost offended that Sungjong slammed the door on him. "Hey Dongwoo," he dragged on.

"So. What's going on?" Dongwoo asked, his lower lip close to pouting as he stared down at his bucket of chicken. "I bought this for all of us."

"And don't get me wrong, it's greatly appreciated!" Sungjong stepped out through the opening and gently closed the door behind him, leaving Dongwoo and Sungjong standing alone together in the hallway. Sungjong leaned his head closer to Dongwoo's ear, lowering his voice as he faked something. "Sungyeol kind of locked himself in his room, and I've been trying to talk to him. He refuses to talk to anyone right now but me. I'm sorry, but you know."

"I see," Dongwoo frowned, thinking about Sungyeol and everything that happened to him. "He's taking this really hard."

"Oh. Definitely," Sungjong added on, letting out a sigh of relief at how believable he sounded.

"Well I definitely understand if he wants his personal space. Don't worry about it, I'll see the both of you tomorrow," Dongwoo smiled.

"Dongwoo, thank you so much for understand." Sungjong flashed a sweet smile back at his friend, snatching the bucket of chicken away from him. He took out a piece of popcorn chicken out of the bucket and popped it in his mouth. Sungjong almost collapsed in splendor of how delicious it was, taking the bucket with him as he went back to his apartment. "Have a nice night Dongwoo!"

"Wait a minute." Dongwoo put out his hand to try and stop him. "I bought that chicken!"

And with that, Sungjong slammed the door once again in Dongwoo's face.

 

(((())))

 

Myungsoo staggered forward into Sungyeol's room, grabbing onto a drawer ahead of him to keep his balance. He spun around to catch Sungyeol closing the door on him and locking it with no escape. Myungsoo leaned against the drawer, concerned for his own safety as Sungyeol walked forward holding his book in his hands. Myungsoo expected Sungyeol to attack him with it, so he took up defense and grabbed a hairbrush on top of his drawer to stop him. "Stand back!"

"Wait, please! Keep your voice down Myungsoo," Sungyeol begged, looking over his shoulder to watch his door. He wanted to make sure Dongwoo did not walk in on any of this. "People are going to find out about you."

"What is going on right now?" Myungsoo waved the hairbrush in front of Sungyeol's face, acting hysterically and shaking as he forced himself to hold back his tears. It had been a long day for Prince Myungsoo, and all he wanted was an answer. "I arrived back in Seoul today after travelling around Japan for a whole month, and hours later my father died. My cousin put the blame on me without any reason, without any proof, except for the fact that I was the last person to see my father and handle the drinks. I ran away from my family, my best friend..." Myungsoo stopped speaking, his throat drying up as he confessed his emotions for the day. He placed the brush down back on Sungyeol's drawer, kneeling down in front of Sungyeol to surrender himself. 

Sungyeol reached his hand out to Myungsoo, kneeling down to try and look into his eyes. "I promise you, I'm not going to hurt you."

"Then what are you going to do to?" Myungsoo asked, his head turned away and frightened.

With nothing else to go on, Sungyeol pointed at his book. "What if I told you, that you're not living in Joseon anymore?"

Myungsoo was startled at the statement, looking up at Sungyeol and the book he was holding. "What could that possibly mean?"

Sungyeol threw the book to the side, finally catching contact with his eyes to speak earnestly and assuredly. "Prince Myungsoo, right now you are in Seoul; 600 years later."

Myungsoo scratched his head. "I don't quite understand."

There was only so much to explain to a person of the past. Time travel had not been invented and neither had science fiction books. "I don't know what kind of physics or extraterrestrial voodoo has happened, but you advanced over 600 years into the future. This isn't Joseon anymore..."

"So while I was hiding in the well, 600 years have passed?"

"I,.." Sungyeol stammered, having no other explanation on why someone with a pink hanbok would be in his jacuzzi. "I think so."

"My brother, mother, uncle, Sunggyu, Naeun, Daehyun... if 600 years have passed, where are they?." Myungsoo placed a hand on his mouth in disbelief. His whole face turned pale, stunned by his fact.

"This is a new era. Things have changed and technology is different. Electricity, cars, Starbucks, everything is different now." Sungyeol took one gulp before finishing. "This is the year 2014."

It had not occurred to Myungsoo that anything like this was possible. He had considered himself a scholar like his cousin Sunggyu, acting as one of the smartest people in Seoul and the House of Kim. Never in his studies did he learn anything like this was possible. He was almost reluctant to believe it, but there was something in the stranger's eyes that told him otherwise. It was rash for him to believe someone he had met for only an hour, especially since he was on the run from the palace government. But there was something believable with him, and the fact that he also looked his age helped. Myungsoo stood up from the floor, placing his hands behind his head to think. "Is there a way for me to go back? How can I turn the tides of time and reverse 600 years past?"

Sungyeol stood up with him, wishing there was an easy answer for all of this. "That is what I'm trying to figure out." 

Sungjong knocked on Sungyeol's room to talk to them. "That was Dongwoo," he spoke through the door. "I told him we were busy."

Once the coast was clear, Sungyeol unlocked his door and allowed his brother in. Sungjong barged straight in shoving Sungyeol to the side with a bucket of chicken in his arms. "What's going on right now?"

Sungyeol stuck his hand to get a handful of popcorn chicken and shoved it in his mouth. "I told Myungsoo."

There had been some impossible things going on, and though he had only met Myungsoo for an hour and he thought everyone was crazy, he would let this slide. There was no other explanation why a proud prince like him would appear right at his doorstep with no warning. "What are we going to do now? How do we return him back to the 1400s?"

"Sir, what is that?" Myungsoo asked, pointing to the bucket of Missing Chicken the two were eating out of.

"Oh." Sungjong extended his arms to share. "This is chicken. In the future, we fry it and add 1000 calories to contribute to a life of obesity."

"What?" Myungsoo barely understood anything he said.

"Here." Sungjong grabbed a piece of popcorn chicken and passed it to Myungsoo. "By the way, don't call me sir. Call me Sungjong."

Myungsoo stared at the popcorn chicken, something he had never witnessed in his entire life. Cuisine in the future was foreign to him. The texture was rough around the edges and bumpy. He lifted the piece of chicken up to his nose to sniff first and guarantee its edibility. There was nothing suspicious about the chicken, and seeing that both Sungyeol and Sungjong were taking pieces out to eat one-by-one Myungsoo decided to take the risk and pop one in his mouth. He chewed the popcorn slowly, fully enjoying its taste and rolling his eyes back to allow it all hit his taste buds. He took a big gulp and swallowed his food, letting out a satisfying sigh. "That was exquisite."

"And feel free to have more," Sungjong encouraged.

Myungsoo rejected politely. "I'm fine, but thank you Sungjong."

"So what happens next?" Sungjong asked.

Sungyeol had wondered that himself, slowly piecing the puzzle together and connecting Myungsoo's appearance to everything he did today. "I think that the well he hid in and our apartment jacuzzi are connected in some way. Tomorrow, let's go ahead and attempt to bring him back to the Joseon Dynasty. I guess for now, he can sleep here?" Sungyeol turned to Myungsoo. "Myungsoo, you can sleep here for now so long as you stay way the hell away from me and don't touch me."

Myungsoo nodded his head willingly, oblivious to the fact that he was holding onto Sungyeol's legs in the jacuzzi. "I am thankful for any help I can get."

Sungjong took a sniff of the aroma, which was a pungent mixture of fried grease and chlorine. "Myungsoo, do you want to shower right now?"

"What?" Myungsoo was unsure what he was referring to. 

"I mean." Sungjong changed his word choice. "Do you want to go to our bath house before you retreat to the sleeping headquarters?"

Myungsoo looked down at his hanbok, which was still drenched with water and losing its shine.

"We can wash your hanbok, and I'll give you new clothes of the future," Sungyeol suggested.

Myungsoo agreed to the terms. "Yes."

(((())))

 

Myungsoo stared at the contraptions stationed in the apartment bathroom. It was a cramped room that he could barely fit in. On his left was a bath that shrunk size to his regular one at the palace and had no water in it. On his right was another miniature bath that was carved into a counter. A bottle of a clear pink gel you squeeze was right next to it. There were two potential baths to choose from, and it confused Myungsoo as to why they had no water already prepared for him.

There was one more bath that he could try out which was right in front of him. It was closer to the size of the miniature bath on the counter, but this one was a standalone and slightly larger. It had an adjustable lid that you can open and close when you were finished cleansing yourself. Though the water was minimal, it was enough for him to wash his hair.

Myungsoo knelt before the small bath and leaned his head in to hover over the water. It was fascinating to him how people in the future use such little water to bathe themselves. Myungsoo took a deep breath, inserting his head into the bath.

Sungyeol and Sungjong were in the living room taking the towels off the couch and changing the pillows to dry. Both of them questioned Myungsoo's validity in his statements and wondered if they were being played.

"Do you really think that Myungsoo is this the prince of the House of Kim I read about?" Sungyeol asked.

Sungjong threw a pillow on the pile, a little frustrated by the situation. "First you break up with her, and now I have some guy who time travelled to the future in my bath tub. This is whole thing is bizarre. Why do weird things happen to you?!"

"Ok first of all, she broke up with me." Sungyeol pointed a finger at his brother. "Second of all, I didn't ask for him to appear in our jacuzzi tonight. Third of all, weird things do not happen to me."

Suddenly, a piercing scream from the bathroom erupted in their apartment and alarmed the two brothers to run over and see what was going on. 

Sungyeol kicked the door open to find Myungsoo's head sandwiched in their toilet and Myungsoo's bare facing them as he screamed frantically for help.

Sungyeol elbowed Sungjong. "Sungjong, I thought you showed him how everything worked!" 

"Yeah..." Sungjong's voice trailed off. "Kind of."

Sungyeol gave a death glare to his brother.

 

(((())))

 

"So you have a machine to urinate in now?" Myungsoo asked.

"Yeah, it's called a toilet," Sungyeol said.

After finding Myungsoo's head clamped by the toilet lid, Sungyeol and Sungjong showed him how to use the shower, sink, and toilet correctly. It was a shameful experience that the two brothers promised each other they would never speak of again, having walk a Myungsoo through his own bath.

The two of them lay in Sungyeol's room as Sungyeol took his own bed while Myungsoo lay comfortably on a mat. The lights were off with only a glimmer of the full moon peaking through his window blinds. Myungsoo was dressed in Sungyeol's Korea University t-shirt and plaid pajama bottoms. The clothing was cotton base and much lighter than the garments Myungsoo typically slept in. It was a unique feeling and tickled him in every slight twist and turn he made.

"What are we going to do tomorrow?" Myungsoo asked.

Sungyeol hugged his blankets, figuring out a plan for tomorrow. "Like I told you earlier, both Sungjong and I have class to attend tomorrow. You will come with me to go to my university, or study grounds, and pretend to be a student there. Then later on we will attempt to bring you back to your family."

"I will do that."

The two of them stayed quiet for a moment, which was broken by a yawn from Myungsoo. Sungyeol stared at the ceiling, wondering how all of this could be possibly happening and if it was even plausible for science to take its course and for time travel. He had heard all the stories from his cousin Howon who studied physics about quantum mechanics and relativity, but that all went from one ear and out the other.

Could this be real life?

"I'm sorry to hear about your father, by the way," Sungyeol added.

Through all the drama that had occurred that day, he thought so much as to who framed him that he had barely thought about his father's death all together and the fact that he was gone. A man he looked up to and raised him would no longer exist whenever he would return to the Joseon state. A single tear fell down Myungsoo's face as he reflected on this.

Myungsoo's silence was an indicator for Sungyeol that it was a rough subject. Sungyeol his side to face the wall, prompting an end to an eventful night. "Goodnight Myungsoo."

Myungsoo continued to lay on his back, closing his eyes and trying to erase the painful memories of his father's death. He was tired himself, and after a strange turn of events maybe the sleep was all he needed. "Can I ask you a question," he mumbled.

"Yeah?"

"What is your name?"

Sungyeol had spent so much time arguing with Myungsoo and reasoning with him that he had completely forgotten to introduce himself. "My name is Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol."

"There is a House of Lee that exists in my time, I wonder if you are a descendant of them."

Sungyeol chuckled to himself, but finding it rather amusing that he would mention that. House of Lee? I guess I'm a royal. Sungyeol closed his eyes.

"Goodnight Sungyeol," Myungsoo murmured.

Sungyeol yawned, embracing his pillow to fall asleep. "Welcome to the 21st century."