When Two Worlds Collide

21st Century Kim

One week passing after the apartment hostage incident, everyone was slowly adjusting back to their typical daily lives. Taking shelter at Dongwoo's apartment in the meantime, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, and Sungjong recovered quickly during the aftermath. The boys skipped a couple days of school to avoid media outlets infesting their college campus and apartment. It was a move not only to protect the family, but to protect Myungsoo from anyone who could manipulate him. After laying low, the boys were ready to get back out to modern-day Seoul.

What they will discover is that the road to recovery is not only about the incident itself, the relationships of those involved.

The question on everyone's minds: does our story get easier? 

It does. For now.

 

(((())))

 

Sungyeol held onto Myungsoo's arm as the two of them walked into history class. Their first attendance of History 31 in a week, and both of them made it to the last class before the weekend. Sungyeol expected the consequences of skipping out on school for a whole week and knew of all the work and studying he had to make up for. He was lucky that there was no significant assignment due: just a one-page opinion journal on Prince Myungsoo's priorities for art over military. The only thing coming up was his forewarned test on Kim Myungsoo, which the actual Crown Prince himself was helping him out with. 

"You do not have to hold onto me all the time," Myungsoo joked, shrugging off Sungyeol's hand as he took his seat in the back of the classroom. Myungsoo fixed his Korea University cap and lowered the bill to cover his healing cuts and disappearing black eye.

"I know I don't, but I promised from the beginning that I was going to bring you back to the Joseon Dynasty. You're important to me, prince. I need to protect you more than ever," Sungyeol declared. He threw his backpack on the table and got his journal entry to pass towards the aisles of class. Sungyeol took one whiff of the classroom. Sweaty people, chalk fumes in the air, and wood clippings from the tables. Sungyeol had to remain focused to keep his grades up for school, and there was a lot of damage that needed to be covered after skipping class. "By the way, thanks a lot for helping me out with this."

"Art is an expertise for me," Myungsoo explained, leaning forward on the table to lay on his arm. "If you are ever confused with what I believe in, remember my name: the Compassionate Prince."

"Figures."

"Painting is a simple hobby I have, but it has not progressed more than that. I took an interest because Daehyun introduced me to drawing."

Sungyeol thought about it. He recalled a time when Sungjong complained about being chased out of Gyeongbok Palace for stealing a drawing that Daehyun indeed made. 

Daehyun...

It also reminded Sungyeol of the time Myungsoo told him that he loved his palace guard while being expected to marry Naeun.The time was far in the past now and surprised Sungyeol to a great extent when it occurred. Pondering the musings now, Sungyeol was overcome with a strange insecurity thinking about Daehyun and Naeun. They were merely figments that he created from reading the history books and hearing what Myungsoo told him. One of the biggest purposes of keeping Myungsoo back longer was for him to figure out his feelings for everyone back home and decide what he wanted and what made him happy.  Each time the topic arose, Myungsoo gave a brief and roundabout answer to his feelings about Naeun and Daehyun, pushing the love issue to the side in the midst of their time travel fiasco.

"Do you miss Daehyun?" Sungyeol suddenly asked.

Myungsoo lifted up his head, giving him a look of curiosity. "What?"

"As you know, a friend. Or love, whatever you feel." Sungyeol scratched his head, placing his head down on the table as well to look at Myungsoo face-to-face. "Is now not a good time to talk about it? We have been going through a lot of stuff lately. I just brought it up because you mentioned Daehyun for the first time in a while."

The prince could not remember the last time this topic was addressed, let alone the last time he even contemplated it. There was so much going on in the 21st century, and especially within these past few weeks, Myungsoo was regretful that he had forgotten about some of the most important people in his life. That is to be expected when I am away for so long, correct? "I miss Daehyun, and I miss Naeun as well. I miss everyone who is back home. But, I cannot dwell on them while I am trying to make a life for myself here. For however long I am here, I must deal with the present. Do I love them? I love them as people, but being in love? I am changing here, and they are changing without me. I follow your definition, Sungyeol, and the answer is no. "

Sungyeol's eyes drifted away from Myungsoo's stare. My definition? "I get it. I just wanted to let you know, that I am trying to get you back. We've been distracted by a couple of things this month, but everything is in full force from now on. I want you to return home safely to your family, Daehyun, Naeun, and I want you to prove Sunggyu wrong. I want you to be happy."

Myungsoo closed his eyes, his cheeks painted with a partial pink from Sungyeol's continuing promise. "I trust you to take me back, but do not worry about my happiness here. I am very happy where I am right now, with you."

Myungsoo's words made Sungyeol let out a quick smile, closing his mouth quickly, ashamed that a comment like that could get him so giddy. Class was about to start, and Sungyeol was not keen on overanalyzing the comment. All Sungyeol knew was that he felt accomplished knowing that he could make Myungsoo happy. "I'm glad."

 

(((())))

 

Starbucks was swarming with students getting their quick fix of caffeine before the next onslaught of midterms and term papers attacked the school in the weeks coming. Sungyeol was one of the lucky people having an upcoming essay and test that he resorted to his caffe americano addiction to keep him motivated. Then again, Sungyeol never needed a test to have a reason to have his favorite drink every day.

While Sungyeol stood in line, Myungsoo held down the fort and stole a table at the patio. It was a particularly cloudy day, but the temperature was pleasant to be outside with. Myungsoo waited patiently with Sungyeol's phone, going through random applications per usual to delight him in reverie. The Crown Prince had familiarized himself with majority of the daily gadgets in existence after two months in the 21st century, but the little things always still amused him.

"What's up."

Myungsoo looked up to catch Dongwoo taking a seat right across from him. "I am fine," he answered with a smile. "Waiting for Sungyeol to get our drinks."

"Was Sungyeol able to get the drink that I wanted?"

"Yeah. He saw your text before going in line. How are you?"

"Good! Good." Dongwoo placed his backpack on his lap to hug, slouching in his seat after a tiring day. "I have to write a term paper this weekend."

"Everyone has to do something," Myungsoo noticed, looking left-and-right to watch the scene of stressed students running in-and-out of Starbucks to fuel their energy during hectic times. "It is my first time at Korea University in a week, and everyone is busy."

"School always acts in waves. Tests always seem to be around the same time," Dongwoo rolled his eyes, dreading what this weekend entailed. "How is your first day back? Are you doing fine?"

"I followed Sungyeol to his two classes, and that was all. Both of us were asked some questions by his classmates, but Sungyeol took care of all the answers. He mentioned emailing all his teachers after the incident happened that he needed time to himself, so when he came back to class all of the instructors greeted him kindly witih care."

"I'm glad," Dongwoo beamed, reaching over the table to rub Myungsoo's arm. "And your wounds?"

"Sungjong told me this morning they did not look as horrible as it did before."

"He would say that," Dongwoo smirked.

Sungyeol kicked the doors open while balancing four drinks in his arms. As the doors closed on him, Sungyeol squeezed his way through the crack, sacrificing a little of Dongwoo's iced chai latte in the process. Dongwoo found Sungyeol and waved his hand to flag him down. Sungyeol proceeded to the table and placed all the drinks down. As he passed the drinks, Sungyeol mentioned each by name. "I got an orange creme frappucino for Myungsoo. An iced chai latte for Dongwoo, which by the way there is some on my shirt."

"That's fine, thanks a lot." Dongwoo grabbed his drink and stared at the last two remaining drinks. "Is Sungjong coming here today?"

"What?" Sungyeol noticed Dongwoo staring at the rest of the Starbucks drinks. Getting defensive, Sungyeol took a seat and hugged both of them. "These two are mine."

Myungsoo tuned out of the conversation once he received his drink, taking small sips of its sweetness as he continued searching through Sungyeol's phone. 

"What are you doing?" Dongwoo asked.

Sungyeol caught a glimpse at what Myungsoo was staring at and immediately choked on his caffe americano, snatching the phone away and shoving it in his pocket. "YA, you can't look at that."

"What happened?!" Dongwoo slurped his drink, exchanging looks with Sungyeol and Myungsoo as if something terrible had happened.

"I did nothing!" Myungsoo opposed, pointing his drink at Sungyeol. "I was looking through your pictures! It impresses me so that this machine can capture anything into a still image to keep as a memory. I have never been in a picture before, so I wanted to see what photos look like. You had very nice photos!"

"Oh, I get it," Dongwoo nodded. Some pictures with Taeyeon, maybe. Dongwoo continued sipping on his cool chai.

"I don't care if I have nice photos, that is one thing that is off limits," Sungyeol warned. 

Myungsoo lacked awareness of where the boundary was with privacy, but prodding into Sungyeol's pictures was opening up the door to a world Myungsoo had yet encountered in 2014. "They were nice pictures! I saw one of you and Sungjong drinking beer, and both of you seemed very happy. I also saw a picture of you, Taeyeon, and Hoya. It must be an older photograph because Hoya had his head shaved, and the first time I met him he had all of his hair."

"Ok, are you done yet?" Sungyeol hummed.

"But there was an odd picture that I saw that was not as modest as the rest... I was not able to recognize her. She was not Taeyeon or any of your classmates, but she was wearing a pair of shorts and lacked any coverings for the rest of her legs, and it seemed as if she was taking off her-"

"NO!"

To protect his pride, Sungyeol knocked over both of his caffe americanos without thinking and lunged towards Myungsoo across the table, knocking the orange creme frappucino right out of the prince's hands and into the air. The startled Myungsoo tried to lean back to dodge the tackle, but isntead fell back into his chair and right into the floor with Sungyeol to follow. Sungyeol fell right on top of Myungsoo, and as they both landed, so did Myungsoo's drink right on top of Sungyeol's back. The warm drippings of caffe americano dripped from the table and onto both of their bodies. As for the frappucino, it melted right on his back and flowed right to his arm.

All of this happening right in front of Dongwoo's eyes, who was midway into drinking his chai latte before all hell let loose. His eyes were wide open, his lower lip drooping down as he could not believe what he just witnessed. Dongwoo wrinkled his nose, opening and closing his mouth trying to find the right words to say. "I... umm... well... but... are you two ok right now?!"

Myungsoo lay on his back with his eyes closed shut, air between his teeth as Sungyeol lay flat on top of him. With some cuts on his face and now his clothes drenched in coffee, Myungsoo was not quite sure what he did to deserve this.

All for a picture on Sungyeol's phone.

"We're fine," Sungyeol grunted, collapsing his head right into the cement floor. "This frappucino is helping heal my wound."

 

(((())))

 

"Can you shut up for one second, Hoya, we're fine," Sungjong groaned, jumping right on top of Dongwoo's couch with his feet pushed comfortably against the wall. Sungjong curled up with a bag of shrimp snacks and continuously stuffed them in his mouth. "A week has passed, and we're doing ok now."

"I came out of a midterm when I got the call from my mom!" Hoya screamed through the phone. Sungjong had to bring his phone away from his ear to deal with the volume of his voice. "Sungjong, this is a big deal. All of you could have gone out of there badly. Not to mention, you had a concussion recently as well."

"But we didn't! Sungyeol and Myungsoo are healing, but all of their injuries were minor." Sungjong wiped his hand on his forehead, some of the shrimp snack crumbs sticking onto him. "Hoya, please don't worry about us. Our window is already fixed, and the apartment already added more security to protect our area. We have one more weekend with Dongwoo, and then we're moving back."

Silence through the phone.

"Please don't hesitate to call me if anything like that happens again," Hoya replied. "I want to hear first from you guys, not my mom."

"Noted..." Sungjong munched on a handful of shrimp snacks before continuing. "You're still coming over next Friday, right?"

"What? Can you swallow your food first!"

Gulp. "I said, you're still coming over next Friday? A late birthday celebration for our favorite cousin!"

"Of course I am. As long as you feel that it's safe... dying for a birthday gift is probably the last thing I want."

"Shut up, you're going to be fine."

"What are you guys up to this weekend?"

"Staying in, who knows. All three of us have papers to write this weekend, as well as Sungyeol has a test soon. I'm fine with that, though. After an unnecessarily dramatic past couple of weeks, for once I would like a peaceful weekend. Everything has been going wrong lately. What is this? Rooftop Prince?" Wait a minute... "Don't answer that question."

Coming into the apartment was Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and Myungsoo. Dongwoo led the way and threw his keys on the kitchen counter, followed by Sungyeol holding two packs of beer, and lastly Myungsoo, who was hugging a king-sized bucket of popcorn chicken from Wicked Chicken for everyone to share for dinner. 

"What's up losers." Sungjong jumped off the couch upon everyone's arrival, moving towards the kitchen as he noticed his favorite fried chicken being ready to serve for dinner. "I'm on the phone with Hoya right now."

"Well..." Dongwoo tried to hide his smile, holding onto the edge of the counter and struggling to contain his laughter from earlier in the afternoon. "Myungsoo found Sungyeol's collection."

"WHAT!" This was the most exciting news Sungjong had heard all day.

"I heard that!" laughter could be heard on Hoya's end of the line.

"Can we all shut up about that?" Sungyeol took a seat at the dining table and hid his face in his arms, his cheeks on fire in absolute embarrassment. 

"I still do not understand what a is." Myungsoo stood there dumbfounded, watching the reactions of all of his friends. Dongwoo and Sungjong leaned against each other, laughing hysterically upon the discovery, while Sungyeol tried to shield his face and hide his feelings from the rest of the room. "Objectifying women? Do men pose in photography like this? I do not understand all of you sometimes. Do all people have indecent pictures on their phone like that?"

"Sungyeol does," Sungjong smirked.

"It was only one damn picture, ok?!" Sungyeol leaned back into his seat and covered his eyes with his arm, close to crying as he was singled out and shamed by the Crown Prince. "Can we change the subject?"

The laughter subsided as the joke died with Sungyeol's soul.

"Ok, fine." Sungjong let out one last cackle before he finished, grabbing the bucket of fried chicken away from Myungsoo to start picking at. "Dongwoo, can you take my phone and put it on speaker?"

Sungjong's phone was pressed between his shoulder and ear. Dongwoo grabbed the phone and swiped it to speaker, placing it on the counter so that the rest of the room could hear Hoya. 

"Sungyeol, I'm coming next weekend," Hoya declared.

"I know," Sungyeol nodded, continuing to cover his mouth and cheeks to get over his phone mishap from earlier. "Sungjong told me you texted him yesterday. That's fine because we'll be back at the apartment. This weekend we're still here with Dongwoo."

"I heard everyone has papers."

"I feel a bit bad for Myungsoo. What is he gonna do, watch football all day?" Dongwoo wondered.

"I will be doing things. I am helping Sungyeol with his work," Myungsoo clarified.

"Which is good, because I get tired of your sometimes," Sungjong chimed, waving a piece of popcorn chicken in Myungsoo's face then popping it right into his mouth. "I need calm right now."

 

(((())))

 

Peace and serenity on a Saturday afternoon. A quite productive one as well.

The boys took their time away from each other to progress with their schoolwork. Sungjong decided he had to avoid everyone for his own sanity, moving to the school's campus. Dongwoo kept himself in his room, locking the door for no one to bother him while the only thing that could be heard is the slamming of keys from the other side. All of this followed by an occasional sigh of frustration and a, "why am I a biology major?"

Sungyeol sat with legs crossed by the coffee table, drinking the last drops of his third caffe americano of the afternoon to stay awake. To announce his finish, Sungyeol crushed the empty paper cup and tossed it at the other end with the rest. The rush invigorated him, remembering the right spot he needed in his textbook and flipping through the pages to point right at it. "Here!" It was the a-ha moment Sungyeol was searching for.

No response.

"Myungsoo?"

Myungsoo had been drifting off in slumber for the past half hour. Saliva dripping down the side of his mouth and his neck contortioned like it would fall off.

"Myungsoo!"

"WHAT, WHAT?" Myungsoo snorted, jumped from the floor and banged his head on the wall for an unexpected wake up call.

"Oh." Sungyeol snickered as he accidentally woken up the Crown Prince. "I... just wanted to tell you that I found the paragraph in my textbook about the Fallen Tuesday of Autumn, when you arrested a court official for treason."

"Seok Gi?" Myungsoo used his shoulder to wipe off his drying drool. His eyes were closed as he answered. "I remember that! That was maybe two years ago when that happened. I fought him with Sunggyu, and when I brought him to his knees Sunggyu was the one who tied him up."

"Sorry," Sungyeol apologized, hitting Myungsoo's arm. "You're bored, aren't you."

"What?" Myungsoo scratched his eye and straightened out his back. "I am lethargic, but not bored."

Sungyeol checked his phone for the time.

"We've been sitting here for four hours straight..." Sungyeol had been used to spending countless hours buried in a book during desperate times, but looking onto Myungsoo, he knew that the prince was getting tired of it, no matter how much Myungsoo hid it. He needs a break. he deserves it. Sungyeol flashed his phone to check the time once more. Not quite dinnertime yet, and there's still some sunlight outside. Maybe we can head to the park? Or...

Sungyeol had an idea.

"Myungsoo, we're gonna take a break."

Myungsoo stretched his arms out in front, twisting his body from side-to-side upon hearing their next move. "Where are we going today?"

Sungyeol pushed himself off the floor and brushed his shorts, grabbing onto the crushed coffee cups to throw away. Myungsoo's question was almost disregarded. "Don't worry about it."

 

(((())))

 

Sungyeol could not remember the last time he had been up there.

The night was warm. When the two finally arrived, the sun had started settling into the eve. With clear skies and the moon almost full to light up the night, one-by-one each building in Seoul lit up the busy city. It was one of Sungeol's favorite places to be.

"This is Namsan Tower," Sungyeol explained, holding onto the railings and falling in love with the breathtaking view. With one breath to take in the sights, Sungyeol closed his eyes to embrace the moment. The city he loved, right at his fingertips as if he could reach for every piece and pick it up with his hands. "This is the tallest tower in our modern-day Seoul. Do you like it?" Sungyeol turned his head to find Myungsoo was not standing next to him as he initially thought. "Wait, Myungsoo?"

Myungsoo was there. 

Except he was standing at the doorway of the observation point of Namsan Tower, his hand pressed against the door as he reluctantly stared off into the distance. His body was frozen, as if he was looking straight into the eyes of what was going to consume and kill him in that moment. Chills sent down his spine, lowering his head to stare at the distance between where he was standing in the center and its radius to the edge of the tower.

"Myungsoo, are you ok?" Sungyeol hummed.

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine," Myungsoo hesitated, wrapping his arms around himself as he slowly let the door close behind him. Still anxious, Myungsoo leaned against the door and shook his head at Sungyeol. "I have never been in a structure of this vertical height before. Are you sure this is safe?"

"Don't worry, this is totally safe. The fence is as high as our chests. You're not going to fall," Sungyeol assured, sticking his arm out for Myungsoo to follow. "Come on!"

"I am afraid I do not want to comply." Myungsoo bit his lip, shaking his head once more like a little kid. "Please do not make me do this."

Sungyeol moved his fingers for Myungsoo to follow. "You will never see a view like this ever again back in the Joseon."

"I think I am ok with that."

"But Myungsoo!"

"I am terrified..." Myungsoo whimpered, turning his head away from the city.

It was going to take more for the Crown Prince to stand by the ledge. Of course, Sungyeol understood Myungsoo's concerns for being unable to go there. It was quite a distance down, but Sungyeol was determined. Stepping away from the fence, he walked over to Myungsoo and grabbed onto his hand. "I'm gonna hold onto your hand, and I promise you I'm not letting go."

Myungsoo's eyes were closed, but with the touch of Sungyeol's hands, he slowly turned his head back and opened his eyes one-by-one. Sungyeol was standing right in front of him, comforting him with reassuring eyes that he was to be protected. After all, Myungsoo always knew Sungyeol would never do something to jeopardize and hurt him. "I will walk with you."

"Baby steps, ok?" Sungyeol flashed a quick smile and gently pulled on Myungsoo's hand. "With every number, take one more step closer."

Myungsoo nodded his head obediently, his whole body shaking at the thought that he was actually going to stand at a grossly high elevation. 

"One."

Step.

"Two."

Another step.

"Three."

As their feet moved closer to the edge, Myungsoo's hand sweated more. His hand was slipping, but Sungyeol fixed his grip and fixated his fingers with Myungsoo's. The two of them were locked, and Sungyeol held onto Myungsoo harder.

"Four."

Myungsoo took a deep breath and slowly relaxed. Out of bounds of his comfort zone, Myungsoo made strides for a stepping stone in his lifetime. The highest of heights was upon him, and the prince wanted to conquer it.

"Five."

Myungsoo made one final step and brushed the tip of his shoes on the chain-linked fencing. The two of them made it to the edge, and butterflies swarmed Myungsoo's stomach as he stared at the view. Myungsoo loosened his grip with Sungyeol's, slowly bringing his fingers to brush the fence. The prince had to blink multiple times to believe what he was seeing.

The city was blinking with brighter lights than before. The buildings kindled the fire that the sun provided in the daytime. The evening was a different place now, and Myungsoo had never seen such a lavish and extravagant view. Certain buildings he recognized lit up in shades of red, blue, and yellow. The very streets he walked upon were moving up and down as cars travelled throughout the city. Myungsoo's uncertainty transitioned into an awe-inspiring smile. 

"This is beautiful," Myungsoo beamed.

Sungyeol smirked, taking a look at the astonishing view. "I told you this would be good."

"I know you discussed this place before, but it exceeded all of my expectations. Why do we not have this in the Joseon?"

"You can always build one when you go back," Sungyeol joked, elbowing Myungsoo at his side.

Myungsoo held onto the railing and ducked, spooked by Sungyeol's hit.

"My bad, I'm sorry," Sungyeol apologized, kindly patting Myungsoo's back. "I know you were scared, but I hope this is ok."

"I am still a little frightened, but I believe the stars wanted me to see this." Myungsoo turned to Sungyeol and smiled. "Thank you for taking me here, Sungyeol."

"Of course," Sungyeol smiled, patting on Myungsoo's back one more time for good measure. He slid his hand down and retreated, holding onto the fence with both of his hands. That was when a hard truth consumed Sungyeol, and his smile went away with the wind. "I decided to take you here because I don't know how much longer you're gonna be here. I know that you've almost done everything you can possibly do, but I wanted you to see this view before you go back home. If you want me to confess something... I'm glad those previous times going back in the hot tub didn't work. Because thinking about it, it wouldn't have led to this moment right now."

Myungsoo noticed the frown Sungyeol tried concealing as he reflected on everything that had occurred. Sungyeol stated a truth, and Myungsoo could be going home anytime soon. Fate would only decide now when Myungsoo was returning, but for what the two of them know, it could happen at any time. Myungsoo lowered his head, and that was the first time he paid attention to the locks around the fence. Locks of different colors and shapes, all with handwritten notes of affection. It was everything Sungyeol explained to Myungsoo before, but strange to finally accept viewing. "Can I have a lock here?" Myungsoo asked.

"A lock? Yeah sure!" Sungyeol turned around and spotted the merchants selling locks around the corner. He very quickly bought a traditional golden lock and walked back to the spot with a marker in hand. "What do you want it to say?"

"I do not know," Myungsoo shrugged. "Something to sum up the time spent here."

"Aren't you the poet?" Sungyeol poked Myungsoo with a marker, wondering why he could not think of something creative and meaningful.

"I apologize, but I do not know what to put!"

Sungyeol juggled the lock in his hand when his eyes lit up with an idea. Without saying anything else, Sungyeol, jotted down a note on the lock.

"What are you writing?" Myungsoo questioned.

Once again, Sungyeol disregarded what he said and ignored the prince. When Sungyeol was done, he placed the marker in his pocket and linked the lock in an empty spot on the fence. With one click, the lock was placed, and Sungyeol dropped the key from the edge. Myungsoo watched the key fall into the trees below, a glimmer from the moon tracing its path until it had completely disappeared. Sungyeol grabbed onto Myungsoo's shoulders and brought him forward for a closer look. "What do you think?

L.S. and K.M. When two worlds collide.

"Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo. When two worlds collide..." Myungsoo read out loud.

"I don't know, it seemed like the most appropriate thing to write on this. Because when the 15th century and 21st century come together..." Sungyeol stayed quiet.

"Something special happens," Myungsoo finished his sentence.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo's whole experience of two months, immortalized on a steel lock.

But the future was precarious.

"I don't know what happens next, but everything so far: finding you in a hot tub, helping each other with our personal problems, getting drunk at a club together, spending a whole Friday night in a hospital, saving each other's lives, and everything little moment in between. Myungsoo, I'm glad you were there with me through it all. Whatever happens next, thank you for this present moment. I'm glad that I could make you happy." Sungyeol let go of Myungsoo's shoulders and shoved his hands down his pockets, the solemn confession affecting him more than he knew.

Myungsoo stood in front of Sungyeol, taking one final look of the view. Myungsoo still remembered that night when Sungyeol first mentioned Namsan Tower. Sungyeol took Taeyeon here previously. The one person he shared a previous life with. And now the Crown Prince was standing next to him, enjoying the view of modern-day Seoul together. For Sungyeol to take me here, one of his favorite places in Seoul, and create this lock... 

Myungsoo realized how much he mattered to Sungyeol, and finally he also realized how much Sungyeol meant to him. Whether the memory happened in the past, all that mattered was that Sungyeol wanted to share in one with Myungsoo.

Myungsoo turned around and locked eyes with Sungyeol. The stars glittered in Sungyeol's eyes, and being with him set his heart to ease in the highest of heights. There was nothing in the 21st century to fear, because Sungyeol was right there with him. "Thanks Sungyeol."

Sungyeol could have said, "you're welcome". He could have responded with, "no problem".

Instead, Sungyeol let a different feeling take over.

Sungyeol leaned in, touching his nose with Myungsoo's. Myungsoo closed his eyes and allowed for Sungyeol to press his lips against his for a tender kiss.

 


 

And that ends our chapter, and I sure what everyone has been waiting for for some time now. I had to mix a little bit of comedy with the cheesy though.

What can we expect in the upcoming chapters?! The gang finding out about Sungyeol and Myungsoo, Hoya visiting Seoul for his birthday, and Daehyun's trial.

But, I don't think any of you guys can possibly guess what happens next. XD I hope all of you are enjoying the story so far! I know this is longer than my stories traditionally are, but I hope all of you enjoy the journey. <333