The Pride of the Prince

21st Century Kim

Chaos theory is a study where certain conditions affect the future. This leads to what we call the butterfly effect, the results of certain conditions. If condition A happened, it would lead to effect A. But if condition B happened, it would not lead to effect A, but effect B.

The moral of the story: things will change no matter what. We reach the final chapters of this story, to which something needs a resolve.

And eventually, something has to give.

 

(((())))

"What... what just..."

Myungsoo fell to the ground on the other side of the room, who leaped forward to grab Taeyeon. But something spectacular occurred that no one had ever imagined could happen. 

A hologram.

Taeyeon's striking image fell right through Myungsoo's arms. Myungsoo turns his profile to see the mess behind him. Taeyeon struggled to pick herself up, at times her body shown no issue but a semblance of a glitch hit a portion of herself. Her body was still in tact, but it was almost close to disappearing like a computer error. Woohyun's jaw dropped, his eyes wide open as if he had seen the scariest thing of his life. Dongwoo covered his gaping shock with his hands, his heart beating through his chest and causing him to tremble in his knees. He slowly kneeled to the ground, shaking. Sungjong kept his mouth shut, holding onto his breath. This was everything he was afraid of. This was everything his mind slowly surmised. This was everything turned to chaos.

Myungsoo turned his body around and crawled towards Taeyeon desperately, reaching out to feel any kind of touch. His hand reached forward, his fingers touching the folds in her pink sundress. Finally, Myungsoo pressed the bottom of his palm against her shoulder. It was there. The contact, his sigh of relief. Myungsoo grabbed Taeyeon and pulled her close as if hugging her from behind. Her face was still delicate, and the life that lived inside of her was no longer present. Her aura was different. "You... you are alive," Myungsoo gasped.

"She..." Woohyun stumbled on his words. "She has moments where her body becomes completely transparent, and sometimes parts of her body look like they fade away. She's still present, she's still alive..."

"But things are changing," Dongwoo finished his sentence. He was still on the ground, adjusting his body to take a seat. 

"Why did you come to us?" Sungjong asked, his face almost disgused by the incident. Someone could potentially disappear right in front of his eyes, and while he knew the reason why, he still needed to ask the questions. "Why did you come here?" He stared right at Woohyun. There was no reason for this pair of people to come here about her body unless they suspected something from the three of them. This is was an outlier. "Why are you showing her to us?!" Sungjong screamed.

Woohyun hit his hand on the Lee dining table to shut Sungjong up. "Taeyeon only wanted to talk to Sungyeol, I don't know!" He was very much out of the dark, wondering why he was in his girlfriend's ex-boyfriend's apartment. "She didn't want to talk to me for support."

"It's not like that." Taeyeon pushed herself off of Myungsoo's support, her eyes glancing at everyone in the room and then looking softly at Myungsoo. Her eyes were watery as if she was about to cry, or at the least she had suffered a lot of pain. "I came here to talk to Sungyeol because I think he knows the reason why I'm like this."

Dongwoo and Sungjong's hearts jumped collectively, moving close to each other in fear of what her statement could mean. 

"What?" Myungsoo panicked and raised his voice. "Why Sungyeol? Is it because we talked recently?"

"Ok, I think everyone needs to leave my apartment. NOW," Sungjong declared.

Woohyun shook his head, his expression worried instead of angered. "Something is going on, and it happened at the same time as Sungyeol no longer showing up to class or school. I just want Taeyeon to be ok, I just..." the words were difficult to say. "I just want an answer, and we were only going to get it in this house."

"I don't think you understand," Sungjong deflected. "I'm just trying to protect people."

"It is not simple," Myungsoo admitted, his eyes watering looking at Taeyeon as her image slowly fades in and out of existence.

"What can't be simple? You are all hiding something," Woohyun imposed.

"Honestly." Myungsoo trailed off, shaking his head. The words softened up rising tension in the room. "I... I am afraid."

"I don't want you to be afraid because I won't judge you for whatever you say," Taeyeon reassured.

Myungsoo was short of breath. "I am afraid to tell you. For the first time since my cousin... I feel like I am going to die."

"You're not going to die, we're right here to protect you," Dongwoo chimed. "Please..."

"I am failing the people who matter to me. I am letting down my people, my family, my friends. This is my destiny to fail is it," Myungsoo lamented.

"Please!" Taeyeon cried, reaching out for Myungsoo's hand. She gently pressed her thumb against the middle of his palm and rubbed it in tiny circles. Myungsoo stared at his hand, the physical touch was also going in-and-out due to her disappearing presence. "Please calm down. Please. Whatever you tell me, I will understand."

"I don't think you two understand," Sungjong stepped in. "We can tell you the truth, but it's not that simple. We need both of you to be receptive and understanding. This is crazy and you can't reveal this to the world for a lot of reasons."

"Everything is crazy, so I have nothing to lose." Taeyeon, in a state of flux, maintained a calm demeanor. 

The entire room fell silent. The details were almost choking Sungjong, and this interrogation was slowly destroying his mind. Dongwoo continued to step back, knowing his words may play against their team. Woohyun cleared his throat, as this was something he suspected for the past few weeks. The words escaped him, and Woohyun continued listening.

Myungsoo yearned for this angelic touch, because it was a tangible proof that everything would be ok. When Taeyeon turned translucent, Myungsoo's palm felt like a gentle air was blowing. They had come this far with the Crown Prince of Myungsoo. The charade lasted long enough and brought many unwarranted complications to 21st century. He was affecting people he cared about, and the truth needed to be set free. Myungsoo brushed Taeyeon's hand off, standing up and straightening his back. As a Crown Prince, it was his duty to take responsibility and help those around him. "It is ok to tell Taeyeon."

It was not like the world was waiting for his permission to reveal the longstanding secret, but it felt more proper that this 21st Century Kim accept this fate.

Sungjong spoke first with careful words. "Sungyeol... isn't in his room. In fact, Sungyeol hasn't been in Seoul for a while. He got up and travelled-"

"To a different place," Dongwoo continued. "And where he is isn't a concrete place like we know. It's more a time period."

"A time period?" Woohyun asked.

"Yeah." Sungjong felt strange explaining this story again, especially to a person this story is directly affecting. And he especially felt weird narrating these events to Woohyun, feeling like this was a personal betrayal to his brother. "I feel like I'm turning crazy. Sungyeol... time traveled... to a different time period."

"The... 15th century to be exact," Dongwoo confirmed, shifting his eyes towards a wall in the living room. 

"The 15th what?" Woohyun raised his eyebrow, almost turning into a skeptic. "What the hell does that mean?"

"God damnit Woohyun, I told you to be understanding. I know this makes no ing sense but any harsh and rash decisions will scare people." Sungjong addressed his comment directly in support for Myungsoo. "You have to listen."

"Ok, ok," Woohyun kept his mouth shut. "So what does that all mean?"

And with that, the final piece of the puzzle was in Myungsoo's hands. Lifting his head high in regard, the regal figure was taller than anyone else in the apartment. People turned towards his domineering figure, astute and as if he was ready to fight for honor. That was always the Crown Prince's disposition and nothing could tell him further. His voice demanded respect and control. Taeyeon and Woohyun were almost fascinated, and Dongwoo and Sungjong were trying to suppress this image for so long.

The truth is announced.

"My name is Kim Myungsoo, the Crown Prince of the House of Kim. The older brother of late Prince Moonsoo, and most of all the son of Queen Jinyoung and the honorable and late King Myunghae. I know these words may appear to be false, but that is far from the case. I travelled through time on accident to escape the hands of persecution by my cousin, who framed me for the death of my father. I landed in this faraway land of public transportation and Ring Ding Dong, that of the year 2014. My purpose in this travel was to determine the real murderer for my late father, who I have recognized is my cousin Sunggyu. But I now understand I overstayed this welcome. At this time, Sungyeol has accidentally travelled to the era I am from and we are working to retrieve him back. This is the reason why my dear Sungyeol is missing."

Sungjong pulled on his hair, wishing the ridiculous nightmare ends and everything simply snaps back to reality. Unfortunately this was not the case. "Myungsoo's presence here affects history and his family tree. People are disappearing because we believe those people are directly related to Myungsoo's family line. Taeyeon is disappearing because she might be a real descendant from his family tree."

The grand gesture of the Crown Prince Myungsoo stopped every specator in their tracks. An atmosphere confusion, delirium, and hunger filled the space at 1 o' clock in the morning. Nighttime served as the backdrop of this dramatic reveal. Anxiety.

Taeyeon stayed still, looking up towards Myungsoo as if she had seen god for the first time. The lights conveniently lined up behind his outline, a silhouette of an angelic divinity. Ephemeral. The stars outside shined a little brighter through the window, his voice commanding. Someone to be revered and listened to. 

Woohyun backed up into the dining table, clenching the edges with his hands. Staring in disbelief, only one word could be muttered out of his mouth. "Daebak."

"So... do you believe us?" Dongwoo asked, holding his lips for a response.

The ramifications of such a confession may be seen as fantastical and almost laughable. But thankfully that was not the case for our story.

"I mean, . I don't know what to think, but I can't hesitate... right?" Woohyun stumbled on his words. "This is crazy. This is ing crazy. You're telling me Sungyeol got into a space time continuum or something and he's not here... I don't know what else to believe... but I got nothing else to believe in right now." He glanced at Taeyeon, her blank expression which had worried him for quite a while. The fervor in her body depleted, and he needed it back. Not just for his sanity, but hers. "I'll believe anything that will save her."

Sungjong remained skeptical. "I don't know if believing is enough." The youngest of the bunch had suffered a lot to maintain this secret from society, and as the whole ruse implodes he needed more promise. Even tears welled up in his eyes. "This has been a mess from the beginning. There's a lot of things on the line. People's lives are on the line, and believe me. We've been studying for weeks how to resolve all of this. Just look everywhere!" Books thrown everywhere. Crumped papers and drawings to map the scenario. Family trees. "Seeing is believing, but what we really need is help."

"I swear, I'll help you guys out. I'll do whatever you want me to do. Just tell me how to revert the family tree back," Woohyun nodded.

"Guys? Um, guys!" 

Dongwoo gestured towards Taeyeon, who had been suffering a lot of bodily pain in this moment. Her insides twisting in and out, her chest bursting without a heart attack. These were the effects of the Kim family line changing. For a fleeting moment, her tangible and physical body showed. Taeyeon groaned, agonizing in pain.

"Come on guys, carry her to the couch." Woohyun pointed at Taeyeon, and Myungsoo helped pick her up from her ankles and armpits to give her a comfortable cushion.

It was almost 2 o' clock, and the night was far from being over.

 

(((())))

 

"So Sungyeol's not the only person in the 15th century, but your cousin Hoya is also there." Woohyun was trying to understand the story further, taking a sip of Cass Lite. He sighed in front of him, the view of Banpo Bridge enamored him. He hugged his can of beer, some neon reflecting against the simple white logo.

Street posts from the bridge mirrored on the Han River, where the boys escaped to for a thorough explanation and summary of what was learned. The respite was necessary for everyone, especially for Taeyeon who had suffered a lot. Loud voices drowned her in deep waters of emotion, provoking her disappearing act faster. They all realized after placing her on a comfortable surface and remaining calm that her physical appearance restored. Equilibrium of mind, body, and soul appeased her, and to promote this Dongwoo, Myungsoo, Sungjong, and Woohyun left Taeyeon to rest in the apartment. Our boys left the familiar neighborhood and traveled to a far but welcoming distance. Gentle waves crashed against the shore and the bridge, and the view was something else. Taking up an entire bench, the four knew calm discussion was necesary to make amends.

Beer, and fried chicken. Missing Chicken would always help.

"Exactly." Sungjong needed this popcorn chicken the most, hugging the large bucket on his lap. He caressed the sides as if it was his own kin. Precious. No one else could take this away from him. Literally. Whenever Dongwoo tried snatching a piece to eat for himself, Sungjong slapped his hand away.

As is tradition.

"And Taeyeon is related to Myungsoo in some way, and that's why this all unraveled," Woohyun asked.

"Yes," Sungjong nodded.

"Aish, really." Woohyun took a bigger gulp of his beer, letting out a loud sigh. "This is crazy. This is so crazy."

Sungjong chuckled, as this no longer was his first rodeo. "Welcome to the crazy club," popping a piece of chicken in his mouth.

"You said... Prince Moonsoo was executed?" Woohyun shook his head. "Because I did a study on him last year during a focus research project, and that's not supposed to happen."

Myungsoo's eyes lit up. Having been silent for majority of their riverside conversation, he took slow sips of his beer. Pressing his thumb against the cold can, his body shivered not just with chill but with a sudden jolt. Moonsoo, there is a hope. "So he his life can be salvaged." Myungsoo continued listening, although the prince was able to process a lot of the conversation it was still difficult for him to hear Sungjong and Woohyun yap back and forth in quick fire.

"Jeokhye," Dongwoo thought.

"Yeah, Jeokhye. Byun Jeokhye is an artisan that Prince Moonsoo meets... wait. How do you know her?" Woohyun raised an eyebrow towards Dongwoo. "That... that's not something you really know unless you studied it."

"We told you already. We've done so much research on this that I'm losing a letter grade in my other subjects," Sungjong snided, nibbling on another piece of popcorn chicken. "I might as well be a historian."

"So really, there's a lot of proof then for you to believe us?" Dongwoo asked, crushing his empty can of beer in his hand. "You have to know as a historian."

"Yeah, I think I really believe you guys." The thought baffled Woohyun to no end. "I can't believe it... I really do think you guys are telling the truth."

Sungjong laughed. "Duh!"

"What's the plan?" Woohyun placed his can next to him and rubbed his hands together, striking some inspiration. "How do we get everything back to normal?"

Sungjong knew the solution, but for the past few days it had not sit well with himself. His mind, his heart, his stomach. Churning inside, there was a deep regret of letting things get this far. Sungjong glanced at Myungsoo, steadfast and staring deeply into the water. It was simple and complicated at the same time. "I mean technically... you get Myungsoo and Naeun back together, right?" 

"Is it too late to get everything back to normal?" Dongwoo cleared his throat. "Myungsoo said doesn't even want to marry Naeun or do anything with her anymore. Since he's been here, he lost interest."

"I no longer have an interest," Myungsoo declared.

"Wait." Woohyun squinted his eyes and turned towards the prince. He was not satisfied with that response. 

 

(((())))

 

"You ing piece of s! You're arresting the wrong person here... It's not supposed to be me, it's supposed to be your ing prince... Prince Sunggyu. He's the cause of everything!"

Two guards dragged a kicking and screaming Sungyeol by the armpits, following a single bodyguard with a staff in hand and a small string in another. Both sides of their walkway were lined by different holding cells for criminals of the Joseon Dynasty, located 2 miles outside of the main palace grounds and town. Prison was unlike that of the 21st century. Built close to the forest, it was a row of housing structures of stone and iron. The foundation was reinforced with stone while slabs of iron kept prisons trapped. A prisoner was tied behind their back and their feet tied as well. A tiny door allowed for a forced entry into the prisoner haven, and after throwing a body inside the door was tied with a rope. People would try to untie their knots and escape, but the likelihood of succeeding without the failure of being killed by a bodyguard were close to none.

Sungyeol had expected he would be taken to such a place but he could not see around him due to a blindfold, only intensifying his fears and suffocating his mental even further. He fiercely fought for control to escape the hold, but the palace guards were too robust in stature to shake. When Sungyeol resisted, the guards gripped his collarbone in the most sensitive spot. Fingers pinching and digging write into his bone.

Time traveling was always a risk, but at no point did Sungyeol think THIS  was going to happen. This 15th century adventure was over, but little did he know everything would end here in a prison cellar. The eccentric and daring historical dream turned into an utter nightmare, and paltry white lies and musings he told for the sake of comedy were no longer lighthearted.

"Please!" Sungyeol begged, demanding a chance to speak. The darkness was taking over, and the nothingness frightened him. "Please listen, your leader is corrupt!"

Yanked across the path, all three guards stopped their motion. They stood in front of a small cell house, enough to fit one to two people. The ground was covered in pebbles and hay, and little can be seen inside. Asylum was as dark as the night except for a single torch on the corner of the housing.

Without a wince, the leading guard opened up a barred wooden door. "1... 2... 3!" Sungyeol's body was hoisted up by the guards' shoulders and thrown head first into the cell. Before Sungyeol could even turn his body around, the guards already tied up the door and vacated the premise.

"Stop it!" A frantic Sungyeol landed right on his shoulder. Constricted in movement, he could only look up towards the bars and hope that someone would look inside. Sungyeol squirmed towards the wall, hoping by some miracle this cell would fall apart and he can escape. He pressed his feet, stripped of their shoes, against the stone wall and pushed it forward screaming. "Break! Come on! Don't leave me in here!"

For five straight minutes, Sungyeol went kicking and screaming to break the cell with no success.

But his heart did. His heart was burning and falling apart in pieces. His soul was caving in, the final remains of him turning to ash. The blood rushed through all parts of his body until he gave in.

" you Sunggyu. Sunggyu, you bastard!!" Sungyeol and let out a huge wail. His tears fell endlessly like a waterfall. Clenching his teeth, he tried breaking free the rope tying his hands until no energy was left. "Really, I'm going crazy!!"

This is it. What a life. Trying to save Myungsoo, but instead the same man who betrayed him is sabotaging me. This is how it ends.

His pride collapsed entirely, and there was nothing else to accept.Sungyeol tipped over and buried his face into his soiled hands. Choking on his tears, he cried.

And cried. 

Sungyeol cried until no more tears could come out.

 

"It will be ok."

A tender voice spoke from the shadows of the cell. Startled by the noise, Sungyeol turned his upper body off the floord. Turning left and right, there was not much to see. It was difficult to catch much else, though Sungyeol's eyes were slowly adjusting. He relied on the moonlight and the little fire the torch could illuminate. But it was not just a sense of vision, but a gut feeling that it was not just his crazy mind.

There as another presence alive and well in the prison.

"Hello?! Is someone in here?" Sungyeol called out. He immediately covered his mouth to quiet the breathing. To catch sounds and other movements in the environment. His swollen eyes widened. "Hello?" Sungyeol's voice muffled.

Across from Sungyeol's cell, a shadow was apparent but hiding in the corner of gloom. It moved closer towards him, causing Sungyeol to stagger back a bit in fear. Arising from dark, half of a person's face grew visible as it crawled closer to Sungyeol. Pale. As if no light was needed to see into his soul.

Sungyeol tried to speak but the words escaped him. He was only shocked, but not threatened.

The person was tiresome. Eyebags visible and wrinkles saturated. The image was dejected, yet showed no signs of aggression. His hands were also tied behind his back, his arms muscular even though the rest of his body was deteriorating. It was a man.

The voice spoke again. "I said... it will be ok."

 

(((())))

 

"To be real, I don't know if Myungsoo ever had interest in her in the first place." Sungjong summarized. "Really, I think she only likes Sunggyu and that pair worked out. So maybe-"

"Excuse me? If we don't revert life back to normal, then Taeyeon disappears." Woohyun crossed his arms, his lip quivering in disgust. "And what the hell, you're just going to leave some random asshat from the Joseon Dynasty alone and let real people disappear?"

"Myungsoo is a real person too." Sungjong insisted, ready to bite back. "I get it. I'm just trying to make things back to normal and make everybody happy."

"Well I mean, who the hell is more important?" Woohyun refuted. He twisted the ring of the can back and forth, softening the aluminum holding it together. Hearing Sungjong bluntly defend Myungsoo seemed like people were taking sides. Although his narrow mind prevented Woohyun from supporting Myungsoo.

Sungjong and Woohyun were both coming from two oppositions, and the accord ended there on.

Myungsoo raised his hand, asking for permission to speak. He sensed a growing tension as similar to the one experienced at their apartment hours before. "I believe-"

"So what happens if we don't revert everything back to normal?" Woohyun interrupted, twisting in his seat. His ears started burning, almost turning a red color. His hand aggressively pulled on the ring, crunching the can with his other hand. Desperate. 

"We... we just live. And accept the consequences." There was nothing else Sungjong could deduce in his head, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe that's the real answer? I just don't know. But all I know is we need your help somehow. To not just save everyone here but save Myungsoo."

Twisting it back and forth, the ring ripped off.

Woohyun rolled his eyes, knocking his beer over. It toppled to the ground, rolling as the spilled beer seeped through cracks in the ground. He stood up, pointing down at Sungjong in a threatening manner. "If I promise to help you, then all of you need to know your goddamn place. I'm risking a lot of things to save everyone that exists here, and if he wants to stay true to the Compassionate Prince name then he better help."

"Oh yeah?" Sungjong stood up and shoved the chicken in Dongwoo's gut. He motioned towards Woohyun and pointed at his chest. "Don't undermine me. You're risking a lot? I've been risking it all for weeks, and it's a lot ing harder than you would ever imagine!"

The two stared each other down, waiting for the first person to flinch as a means of control. Like two lions ready to attack each other. Chaos ran amok by the river, and such a placid scene would compromise such a peaceful agreement. Myungsoo was a direct cause of this pandemonium and him returning would resolve the issue. If only things could be taken slowly but with Woohyun suddenly on their toes and the night sky's moon begging for its full form, there was no time for our team to frolic in the times much longer.

The brief silence in conversation allowed Sungjong and Woohyun to recuperate, digest rash feelings and smooth it out. Dongwoo placed the chicken on the floor and slowly stood up, taking another hefty sip from his second can. "Sungyeol... he doesn't even know this is happening to Taeyeon. If he knew, he would do everything in his power to bring her back." Dongwoo closed his eyes. The truth was there.

They could not have both.

"Hey, I'm sorry." Woohyun was firm with his belief in saving people in 2014 before all, but he knew he acted a bit impulsively. Seeing Dongwoo and Sungjong tired, almost to the point of fainting, maybe he took it too far. "I was trying to state my side."

"I know," Sungjong agreed, lowering his head in despair. "This... this just because..." because Woohyun is right. A tear dripped from his eye, keeping it lowered and refusing to look at anyone.

Things were not as easy as it seemed. The boys stood grim, their reflections saved in the water of worry and sheer sadness. No one said this would ever be easy, but they never knew the ending would be completely heartbreaking. 

 

And then there was the prince himself, who acted as a spectator for majority of this conversation.

Myungsoo continued sitting down, looking up to the three friends he made on this adventure. Even with Woohyun's constant competitiveness in class and his actions today, there was still a kindness and genuineness he saw in his character. That is why Myungsoo could not fight back fully. Biting his lip, he stared at the chicken and took a piece. The final piece. He juggled the the piece in his palm and stared at the Han River, as it reminded him of familiar times. Familiar times as a port of travel and a meeting place for peace.

"This river, where I have traveled for far and wide journeys of discovery. It is the center, the foundation, of thriving culture. I sit here and I reflect on my accomplishments as the Crown Prince. I traveled to Japan on this boat before I arrived here and traded many pieces of information to others. Even in the 21st century, I sit next to people I have never imagined to talk to. The river... is truly a place of sharing ideas and friendship with others." A goofy smile crossed Myungsoo's face as he finally spoke. "I am glad some things have not changed."

Dongwoo, Sungjong, and Woohyun were confused by the sudden positive tone of voice.

With a nervous but confident smile, Myungsoo stood up to see his peers at eye level. He lifted his head and raised the piece of chicken for everyone to see. The fried chicken . Breading crumbled between his fingers. "This magical piece of food is beautiful to me because it is not just a testament of great cooking but one of friendship, a shared meal. It is a symbol of peace. I am glad to have taste these flavors with all of you... and I want to thank you for all of it." The river grew blurry in his vision. The faces around him grew blurry as he lavished over this piece of chicken. An image of bringing people together, as his position was originally intended. Myungsoo suddenly thought of Sungyeol and how he was still stuck in his time. The most important person in his life, and he had not been around for quite some time. Myungsoo now understands that living in that time period may have caused Sungyeol a lot of suffering, and he no longer wanted that for him. Sungyeol... I am sorry. Taking a deep breath, he was almost done. "I thank all of you for your experiences in 2014, and in favor I will do everything to restore this kingdom back to normal."

Sungjong gulped. "What do you mean restore this kingdom back to normal?"

"I am saying I will do it. I will go back, I will court Naeun back, and I will save everyone who has disappeared."

"Are... are you really going to do it?" Sungjong's lip quivered, holding onto Dongwoo's arm for support. The three looked at Myungsoo, uncertain what to say. The grand gesture would instate everything back to its original position on the timeline, but Myungsoo was a real man who deserved a happy ending. "I just want you to be happy, man."

Whimsical as future travel could be, Myungsoo felt like he finally served his purpose. He wanted to find out the truth about Sunggyu, but ultimately he wanted to learn. Learn more than books could ever give him. The Compassionate Prince made a lot of relationships, ones he will remember for the rest of his life. Myungsoo finally knew what true happiness meant. "Sungjong," he said, taking his friend's hands and gifting the last piece of chicken to you. "You, Dongwoo, Woohyun." The mention of each name, Myungsoo addressed all of them directly with eye contact. "Hoya, and especially Sungyeol. When I first met Sungyeol, he told me that love is seeing pure happiness in a person. After my time spent here, I see the purity in all of you and my heart feels exhilarated. Because of this, I now know what love really feels like. And I love Taeyeon too. I love the store owner of Missing Chicken. I love everyone. I love Korea, and I will give back to you all."

Sungjong wanted to cry, but instead forced himself to cry. Myungsoo's words were not true completely, as Sungjong was already happy to be his friend. Crushing the piece of chicken in his hand, he finally accepted. "You really are something."

The pride of the prince is as strong as a fortress.

Myungsoo nodded, standing before the Han River as venerable as could be. "I know I caused enough suffering. But I made a promise to the people of Korea that I would help them no matter what. As I stay here in a future time, it is still Korea. I am now responsible for this world and I pride myself in that. I am Kim Myungsoo, and I will completely full duty for the country of Korea. I love you all."

 


Guess who's back! This fanfic has seen a long hiatus, but now I hope you are all happy to find out I plan on finishing completely.

I have completed studies and now live in the United States, so my English has improved and sentence structure (sort of I am still average but a little better). But it was important for this story to continue with the same writing style I started to avoid confusion. Please be ready for future fanfics where my writing style may be different, but this still in the same format.

Also, the integrity of this storyline is the most important. Because of that, this story is going to end with the originally intended storyline that I still have in my writing diary to this day! I have not changed the storyline in finishing this at all, and I am more than excited to show you. To preserve the full integrity of this storyline, I also had to reread my entire fanfic.  I look back at the original storyline I wrote, and I am honeslty shocked that 4 years ago I came up with something so complex. It means the world to me that I did this... and I am really happy.

This, and Waiting For You, are my proudest works I ever made. And I can't wait to continue writing more stories for all of you with more Infinites and other groups.

Please enjoy this chapter and the upcoming ending. Fighting!