Full Moon

21st Century Kim

Jamie is back for a new exciting chapter for everyone!

I apologize for not repying to a lot of comments yet, but I want all of you to know that I read your feedback and I appreciate so much. Commentors, subscribers, upvoters, casual readers. Thank you all for your support with this fanfic.

I fixed a small error in chapter 24 (Naeun's father died as spoken in chapter 1, and I changed two lines in chapter 24 to reflect that).

Please enjoy this chapter!! 


 

Myungsoo dragged his feet up the stairs and back to his apartment, dreading seeing Sungjong face-to-face after his minor mishap on campus. Mishap would be the word if we are trying to beat around the bush.

Myungsoo was nearly setting himself up for a disaster, understanding the implications of what a hangout with Taeyeon could mean. Dongwoo and Sungjong emphasized the dangers of mingling with his ex-girlfriend, or as they referred to her: enemy #1. 

At the same time, Myungsoo justified it in his head. Taeyeon was very friendly. Sungyeol said at some point we share some of the same interests...

Myungsoo arrived at his apartment, taking one deep breath before he placed the key in and opened the door. 

Sungjong sat down on the couch with his back arched forward and hovering over the coffee table. It was close to sunset, but Sungjong left every light unturned, milking out the sunlight as much as possible. He focused intently on something laid out, and not even Myungsoo's presence could break that concentration. "Sungjong, I am home," Myungsoo announced, dropping his backpack on the dining room table.

Sungjong did not budge. He chewed on the end of his pen, denting the plastic in with his teeth.

"Sungjong?" Myungsoo dropped his backpack on top of the dining table and tilted on his side, waving at Sungjong to pay attention. "I am home."

"What?" Sungjong jolted on the couch and noticed Myungsoo standing before him, Sungjong snapped out of his study and scratched his head. The room was barely lit, his cup of coffee was empty, and Myungsoo was suddenly in the room, "Turn on a light," Sungjong ordered, scratching his eyes and becoming fully aware of his surroundings. Or lack of. "How long have I been here..."

Myungsoo switched on a light and brought the room into a clearer view. On the coffee table were several books marked with pens and post-it notes. Myungsoo squinted his eyes, recognizing these books from somewhere before. The only difference was that these books were not originally in Sungjong's possession. "Are those Sungyeol's books on time travel?" 

Sungjong let out a tiresome yawn, scratching his eye once more. "Yeah, I went into his room and took all his library books on time travel. I think I've been reading these books for five hours straight. I haven't had another cup of coffee since. I haven't gotten off this couch. I haven't eaten. I haven't even peed. I'm just trying to figure this all out."

Myungsoo held his hands behind his back and nodded. The theoretical concept of time travel confused the prince, even after Sungyeol tried explaining it in simple terms. There are certain things that Myungsoo was never able to grasp, and the physics and math of it was one of them. "Did you figure anything out?"

Sungjong opened his arms wide, showcasing every book in front of him. "I... still don't understand ."

Myungsoo cleared his throat. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

Sungjong slapped his forehead. "Nevermind." His hand slid down his face, trickling off his lips as he laid back on the couch to relax his back. "I can't understand this. And if I can't understand this, I don't know if Sungyeol could even get it. Maybe I should show these books to Dongwoo if he can make sense out of it. My only source of anything physics related is living it up with Sungyeol in the Joseon." Irritated by the amount of hours put into nothing, Sungjong cuddled into a ball on the couch and closed his eyes. "How do we get Hoya and Sungyeol back..."

How was an economics major gonna figure this all out?

Myungsoo's guess was as good as Sungjong's. The Taeyeon issue no longer mattered, at least for now. The Compassionate Prince for the first time saw the incrutiating pain his friend was going through. The tough demeanor Sungjong disguised himself with crumbled in front of Myungsoo, who knew he was suffering from all of this. Myungsoo only knew.

He was going through the same thing.

"I want to help as much as I can, even if I do not understand a lot of things. I know you miss Hoya and Sungyeol. I miss them, too, and want them back in my life."

Sungjong opened his eyes, stunned by the prince's sentiment. Tears developed, so he stubbornly grabbed a pillow to hug and rest his eyes on the cushion. Empty. Sungjong, of course, hated admitting how much his brother meant to him. A missing void like this was too strong for him to bear, and for the first time he believed he could search for his solace with a common denominator. And friend. "I miss Sungyeol so much." Sungjong's voice cracked, holding his pillow tighter. "I want him to come home. Hoya, too. Sungyeol is my brother, and no matter how much I make fun of him, he's been there for me since the beginning."

Myungsoo's fast-paced life in Seoul gave little time for him to reflect on the moment and keep in touch with his emotions. It had been a while since Myungsoo thought about the people he missed. His mother, his brother, Daehyun. There was one more person to add to the list. "Sungyeol is a kind heart, and I see it every day how much he loves you. It is a painful feeling we are upon, being separated from our loved ones. I no longer know the time passed since I have seen my brother, and I cannot wait to reunite with Moonsoo." Myungsoo took a seat on the floor right in front of the coffee table, resting on his knees as he faced Sungjong. "I think about Sungyeol every day when I go to sleep, because he is no longer on his bed."

Sungjong nodded his head, hugging his pillow. At this point, Myungsoo does not know that Sungjong knows of their relationship. It was a bit of an ambiguous statement, "no longer on his bed", which could mean anything. Sungjong chose to believe it meant Sungyeol was no longer physically present on the bed while Myungsoo slept on the floor. Breaking down emotionally, Sungjong confessed his knowing to further connect with Myungsoo. "I know that you and Sungyeol kissed."

Myungsoo raised his knees and wrapped his arms to bring them close to his chest, keeping his mouth shut as Sungyeol told him to.

"It's ok, Myungsoo. It doesn't change anything. I know that you like my brother, and I'm fine with it."

Myungsoo slowly nodded his head in accordance, clinging to his fingers to reflect on the day he developed romantic feelings for Sungjong's brother. "When Sungyeol saved me at the apartment, that was the moment I saw how selfless Sungyeol can be. I have been engaged to marry and struggled with feelings with my best friend back in Joseon. This feeling with Sungyeol, is different from anything I experienced before."

"What happened when you kissed my brother?" Sungjong asked, slightly disgusted by the fact that he knows Sungyeol kisses people. The idea of his older brother having romantic relationships all together still confuses him. "I mean, please don't go into detail."

Myungsoo smiled. "I have read all the poetry of wondrous writers and scholars of my time, describing intimate details in many different ways. How I describe kissing Sungyeol, is nothing more than happiness. It made me happy kissing him, all that needs to be said." 

Myungsoo and Sungjong together reeled in the effects of missing Sungyeol. Sungjong, who once doubted Sungyeol's "rash" decisions, fully understood why Sungyeol and Myungsoo were a good match for each other. Apprehensive of the final day when Sungyeol and Myungsoo separate, he hoped that the Crown Prince knew what was to come by involving himself in a romantic relationship. "Gross, you kissed my brother," Sungjong smirked, his cheeks turning red with bashfulness. He was feeling a lot better.

"Does that make you feel uncomfortable?" Myungsoo asked.

"Oh, definitely." Sungjong embraced the pillow tighter, resting his nose right on top of the edge. The cushion muffled his voice. "I hate dealing with my brother and relationships. But... I like you with him."

The uneasy approval. Knowing his friend was ok with dating his brother made him giddy, willing to spill his heart. "Sungyeol told me something before about the people we love, and he said distance makes the heart grow weary. We love people when we see through their imperfections. You love your brother like family, and that is why I care for your opinion. I cannot say I love Sungyeol romantically and only a week or so has passed, but the feeling he gives me is the closest I have ever gotten to that point. I do love him as a person because I care for him as a being and want his best."

Sungjong sniffed his nose, hiding his red eyes behind the pillow. Who knew a Crown Prince could cheer Sungjong up? No one cheered Sungjong up but himself, but these past few months have allowed him to grow closer to Myungsoo, like a real brother. "Thanks, Myungsoo."

"Do not give up the good fight, Sungjong. I believe in you."

Sungjong closed his eyes. "Today was bad, but that doesn't mean tomorrow has to be. We'll get Hoya and Sungyeol back." His voice intensified. "I am sure of it."

Myungsoo his lips and stared outside the window. Sungjong's determination inspired him to do the same. I am doing this for you. We will get you guys back. I miss you, Sungyeol. "Yes we will."

 

(((())))

 

Sungyeol tied his durumagi overcoat together, struggling to walk comfortably with baji pants too short for him. As much as Myungsoo praised the hanbok for comfort, Sungyeol walked with a tight crotch to the dining hall. Sungyeol was significantly taller in height than the royal family. Myungsoo is the closest to his height, but because of his disappearance and assumed death, the Queen opted to rid of her late son's clothing. Sungyeol had to wear guest outfits, tailored to imperfection. 

Two palace guards bordered the entrance to the dining hall and inspected Sungyeol before his appearance. Sungyeol could feel their eyes almost stripping him, judging his every move and figure. Probably thinking, this guy has a lot to prove. Sungyeol bowed in front of the guards at a respectable 90 degrees and was allowed entrance into the dining room.

The dining hall quarters were dimly lit with red lanterns in each corner, enough to illuminate the room for a warm glow. On the table were several dishes of food, evidently a fish head stew and gravy dish with potatoes and onion. Three settings were placed at the end of the table. Standing at the end of the table was Sunggyu, wearing the same hanbok attire as Sunggyu, and an official who Sungyeol never met before. Sungyeol approached the two of them with a firm face and bowed one more time in front of them. "Good evening. I am Lee Sungyeol from the House of Lee." Sungyeol straightened his back and directed his message to the unknown person. First impressions are everything. "My cou... brother, Lee Howon, will not be in attendance today because he is speaking to the Chief State Councillor. I thank you for this invite."

"Very well." The unknown official bowed in front of Sungyeol in reverence. "My name is Officer Sunwe, the official military leader and regent to the dynasty. I am next in line if King Bang Sok runs ill."

Sungyeol held his hands together and took a nervous gulp. An official military leader... now is not the time for a wedgie.

Sunggyu bowed in front of Sungyeol out of courtesy. It was clear that the two neither liked each other nor respected one another. "Welcome. Please help yourself to any food on our table."

The three men took their seats at the table and piled their plates with food. The purpose of today's meeting was to inquire more information from Sungyeol about Sweden on a militaristic level. Strategies for future relations were discussed during this meeting, as well as informing Sungyeol on their current plans for Korea. 

"As you know, our kingdom is still undergoing many changes even after much time has passed since King Myunghae's death. We are adjusting to the needs of our people, and we would like to know if what you have learned in Sweden runs in line with our goals for the nation. Please tell us some information about your visit."

Sungyeol slurped some delicious stew before he started. He needed a full stomach before pulling more things out of his . "Yes..." Sungyeol paused to put together a decent lie. At this point, it was not too necessary to be accurate on the real Sweden. They would never know. "My brother and I journeyed to Sweden, in which during our visit we learned more about their culture and inventions than we did economic and political strategy. If there is one thing of note..." 

Sunggyu was staring right through Sungyeol's soul, doing everything he can to make him feel unsettled and unwelcomed to the table. He sensed Sungyeol having trouble and capitalized on it. 

Sungyeol experienced trouble finishing his story and underwent much pressure from one of the highest military leaders himself. 

"Please continue, Sungyeol," Officer Sunwe encouraged. 

Sungyeol mustered enough nerve to continue. "If there is one thing I would say about Sweden, it is that they are a friendly nation to make ties with. I believe maybe we can create a relationship with them."

Officer Sunwe fixed his posture before speaking. "Thank you, Sungyeol. I believe that maybe in due time, we can conjour up a trading relationship with them. For now, that is not our main focus."

Sunggyu spoke after. "Recently on a visit to Japan, we developed relations with Shogun Yoshimitsu and his government. They were very cordial to our country and welcomed my uncle, cousin, and myself with open arms. They are willing to trade more with our nation."

"While this is of great advantage for more resources, we have decided to decline their offer."

Sungyeol flexed his shoulders and fixed the fabric around his crotch, unsure if he was uncomfortable by the fabric or their decision. "What do you mean by decline the offer?"

Sunggyu shook his head. "I decided it would be best for our nation not to pursue further relations with Japan. Our country needs to develop creating our own resources and becoming self-sufficient. Japan is not ideal for us."

Sungyeol fiddled with his potatoes, poking at them. Agitated. We really had it easy back then, and how did things take a turn for the worst? Sunggyu's motives proved questionable, but his strategies proved to Sungyeol that Sunggyu might not be the most perceptive prince in rule. Though it occurred to Sungyeol that none of these people could ever predict what could happen hundreds of years from now. King Myunghae dreamed of uniting the Korean and Japanese republic. The Kims wanted to bring peace. King Myunghae's death did not mean these dreams had to go to waste. "Rejecting this offer with Japan could further break bonds with the country," Sungyeol finally spoke, politely placing his utensils on the table.

Sunggyu scratched his metal bowl, feeling the uncomfortable grains on his nails. He believed Sunggyu had no right to talk to him or Officer Sunwe in that manner. "Watch what you say, Sungyeol."

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Officer Sunwe was alarmed by Sungyeol's tone of voice, yet intrigued his stance. A strong, commanding voice from a member of the Lee household. First meeting, and Sungyeol's presence impacted him more than any royal officer in the past month. 

Sungyeol drew a blank. His mouth turned dry, receiving mixed signals from both parties. Sunggyu, the arrogant and suspicious prince who never gave him a good vibe from the beginning. Officer Sunwe, the intimidating officer and regent of the dynasty, who wanted to give Sungyeol a chance. He remembered what Myungsoo had told him before, and suddenly Sungyeol wanted to honor the hopes and dreams of the real Crown Prince and late King Myunghae. Now was his chance. "You guys... I mean, your government has developed a good relationship with Shogun Yoshimitsu, and why do you want to jeopardize that by stopping trade with them? If we combine forces with Japan, both of our countries can prosper and fight off western threats. If we don't team up, Japan will isolate themselves for hundreds of years because countries like China will try to invade."

Officer Sunwe and Sunggyu turned to each other, shocked by his sentiment.

Sungyeol looked down at his plate. "Being self-sufficient is important, but we can learn a lot from Japan, and Japan can learn a lot from us. Together, we can be a powerful empire."

Officer Sunwe was incredibly impressed by Sungyeol's insight. The kingdom lacked the diplomatic knowledge King Myunghae desired for his nation, and it was important for the government to hear a different perspective on plans before the House of Kim advanced. "Do you have more suggestions for the House of Kim?"

Sunggyu sat in his seat irritated, hiding his angry fist in the sleeve of his hanbok and staring down viciously at his dinner. Sungyeol was making a name for himself in his own home, and he did not like it one bit. "Yes, please tell us more."

Sungyeol sensed Sunggyu's distaste for him, which the Lee household member basked in. The deeper Sungyeol could dig into Sunggyu's mind, the closer he can get to the fake prince admitting that he killed his uncle. "It would be my pleasure," Sungyeol smirked.

 

(((())))

 

Myungsoo leaned against the Starbucks window, staring down at his shoes to avoid eye contact with any person around him. 10 minutes passed, and the prince was waiting covertly for someone's arrival. His usual Korea University hat covered his eyes and attracted little to no attention from students surrounding the area. The Starbucks door opened and closed every few seconds with waves entering and leaving the establishment, and Myungsoo carefully watched everyone at the corner of his eye.

None of them the person he was waiting for.

"Myungsoo!"

Myungsoo heard a soft tone, calling his name closeby. The prince raised his chin. His eyes fixated on the figure, daintily waiting in front of him for a response. Her slender figure and face, maintaining a sort of innocence to her persona. But Myungsoo knew better than to fall for her image. "Taeyeon." Myungsoo lowered his head in reverence for a quick and respectable bow. "I hope you are having a good day."

There was a bit of irony to this. After a meaningful conversation with Sungjong about Sungyeol returning home, he returned to campus the next day to rendezvous with Sungyeol's former flame and the very person Sungjong told him to avoid.

Well, it was not much of an ironic thing. Moreso the Crown Prince's inability to fend for himself without the guidance of anyone around him, therefore leading to a conundrum of epic proportions that Myungsoo must resolve on his own, or else his body parts could suffer. In simpler terms, Myungsoo needed to keep his hangout with Taeyeon on the downlow and leave as soon as possible, or else Sungjong would kick his .

"Let's get some coffee, yeah?" Taeyeon initiated, opening the door for Myungsoo to go inside.

Myungsoo followed suit with Taeyeon into the college Starbucks, beset with a menu of possibilities. 

"Do you want me to get you a coffee?" Taeyeon offered.

The prince shook his head. "I do not like the taste of coffee because it is bitter on my tongue. I enjoy the frappucino, which is what I will obtain.":

"On me," Taeyeon smiled, reaching into her back pocket. "Very polite and proper," she mumbled to herself.

Starbucks became a staple embedded into Myungsoo's daily lifestyle. It was an event associated with Sungyeol, to which he followed Sungyeol in for his daily caffe americano while he ordered himself a fruity frappucino. Myungsoo's ordinary visit was accompanied today by a new person, and nothing felt right about it. This hangout could go down any direction, and Myungsoo had to be nice while keeping Sungyeol's current predicament a secret. This would prove a challenge. "Thank you, kindly."

Myungsoo stepped to the side and watched Taeyeon order drinks for the two of them. Taeyeon ordered something called a brown roast, which Myungsoo never heard anyone order in his past two months coming to Starbucks. He watched her pay with a plastic card instead of usual currency, which the barista handed back to her afterwards. Taeyeon squeezed her way out of line to Myungsoo. The two of them waited by the counter, neither doing much to maintin a proper conversation.

"I bought our drinks," Taeyeon announced.

Myungsoo smiled. "What is that thing you used to pay?"

"What thing?"

"You gave the woman over there a blue card, and she gave it back to you." 

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. "You mean my credit card?"

Myungsoo needed to stop talking for his own good, but curiosity would get the best of him. Unfortunately, Dongwoo or Sungjong were no were close to save him from this flub. "A credit... card?"

"You know." Taeyeon pered her hand purse to reveal a blue credit card from her bank. "This is a credit card. It keeps track of your purchases, and you pay later." 

"Taeyeon," the barista called out.

Taeyeon walked to the counter to retrieve their drinks and returned to Myungsoo, passing the prince his strawberries and cream frappuccino. She raised the lid to and slowly tipped the cup over, consuming a considerable gulp of coffee to awaken her senses. Taeyeon wiped her lips and giggled. "I don't know if you're kidding or not." 

Myungsoo still had trouble with the concept of a credit card, but he almost forgot about it once he took his first, intoxicating sip of frappuccino. "I do not recall what we were talking about before."

Taeyeon almost choked on her next sip, smiling at Myungsoo with her lips pressed together to avoid any coffee from spilling out. Gulp. Taeyeon wanted to learn more about Myungsoo. "Sungyeol's spoken all about you-"

"Sungyeol is still sick," Myungsoo spoke out of turn.

At least the prince remembered some things.

"I know, it's ok." Taeyeon did not need to know that. "I wanted to finally be able to say I've hung out with you at least once, especially because Sungyeol says you're really knowledgeable of history. What's your major and everything?"

Myungsoo had his whole introduction memorized perfected, giving nod to himself in the process. "I am a second year history major with a weight on the Joseon Dynasty. My favorite person in history is Prince Kim Myungsoo, because he was a talented individual who strived to unite nations and understand his people." All of this ending in a smirk.

"I've studied Kim Myungsoo as well!" Taeyeon grinned. "The House of Kim really interests me."

"Does it really? We just took a midterm about me... him... them." Close call. Just keep drinking.

"What kind of music do you listen to?" Taeyeon asked.

The hangout suddenly became a questionnaire for the Crown Prince to answer, but Myungsoo was more than willing to answer. Taeyeon really wanted to bond with Myungsoo, which he felt right when she talked about their common interests. I understand Dongwoo and Sungjong's worry about her, but Sungyeol wanted me to befriend her. She is also very nice and respectable. "I really like the k-pops. My favorite song is 'Ring Ding Dong' by Shinee. I also like the group Fiction and their song 'Beast'."

Taeyeon cackled, bumping her shoulder into Myungsoo playfully. "I think you have that mixed up. Beast is the group, and their song is called 'Fiction'."

"Yes," Myungsoo closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead. "How can I forget?"

The two continued talking. Little did they know, the both of them walked out of Starbucks and strolled around the college for their conversation.

 

(((())))

 

Sungjong sat on the couch with a caffe americano in one hand and his remote control in the other, lazily flipping through the pages of his book while he flipped through channels. Sungjong spent a lot of the week reading Sungyeol's library books about physics and time travel, reading repeatedly to make sense of the enigma. Sungjong was quite surprised he understood a lot of the material after the first night, considering he almost threw in the white flag previously.

Everything was methodical, and Sungjong instinctively bought his brother's favorite drink in hopes it would break a pattern and bring him back.

Written on the piece of paper was a scribbled flow chart in black marker, dating the days of time travel with lines drawn for different paths of possibilities. Each point was circled, and stars determined the most logical explanations. Sungjong worked on it painstakingly, night and day, and skipped out on some lectures this week to play detective. The research entertained him quite a bit, discovering his learning cap for a subject he never bothered to study in his life.

There was a lot of determination to get his brother and cousin back.

Unlocking the door, Myungsoo pushed through the apartment and locked the door right behind him. Sungjong once again paid no attention to Myungsoo's entrance, but the prince urgently towards him to capture his attention. Snaps and clapping. Sungjong stared up to Myungsoo, who was sweating bullets and breathing heavily. 

"Sungjong, I need to talk to you right now." Myungsoo slapped his forehead, knowing that he may have made the biggest mistake in 2014. "Something happened today."

"I need to talk to you as well." Sungjong closed his library book and threw it off to the side, jumping off the couch and snatching the piece of paper off the table. Sungjong shoved the paper into Myungsoo's face, which was nothing to him but poorly drawn circles with small pictures etched in. "I figured something out."

Myungsoo's heart stopped, believing his comment related to his hangout earlier. "Wait, Sungjong, let me iterate everything in the way it exactly happened."

"I made a connection to the well and the jacuzzi," Sungjong declared, slapping the piece of paper in excitement. It was safe to assume that Sungjong barely slept for the past week, exchanging his time between school and learning about time travel. Sungjong read the books from cover-to-cover and searched all over the internet for an answer. For something that made little sense days ago, Sungjong considered himself almost an expert in quantum mechanics at this point. "Bear with me, this might be difficult to understand."

As long as it had nothing to do with she-who-will-not-be-named, Myungsoo was in the clear. "Yes, what did you discover?"

Sungjong pressed his index finger on the main point, which was titled "Wormhole". From there, his finger made waves and circles all over the paper. Sungjong had gone mad. "There is this concept of time travel I glossed over the first time, called the wormhole. The wormhole is an institution which connects point A to point B. A is the well. B is the jacuzzi. Through these quantum shenanigans, some scientist decided to coin the path from the 15th to the 21st century a wormhole. Whatever. Are you following?"

Myungsoo shook his head. "No."

"Ok, that's fine. All you need to know is this." Sungjong pointed another bubble, with "Indicator" underlined. "Something I read about the wormhole is this concept that to successfully time travel, a special event, or indicator, might have to be triggered. This will explain why a lot of times you attempted to time travel, it did not work. It's because something else needs to happen in time and nature. We needed to activate something for the time travel to be successful, not just dip into the water. Does that make sense?"

It did. "I comprehend that part. So what had to be activated?"

"I wasn't sure what it meant before, but then I thought... what if I cross referenced the dates that you came to 2014 and Hoya and Sungyeol went to the 1400s? These dates are February 14th, 2014 and April 15th, 2014. I entered those two dates online to see if there was any type of similarity between the two days."

No one had bothered actually entering the date of the subsequent events before. Now that there were two days, it gave grounds for Sungjong to compare.

Sungjong pointed at the corner, with the word "Full" boxed. "These dates are about two months apart from each other, and at first I found nothing relating the two. That was when..." Sungjong cleared his throat and made his final point, this time written on the paper in red marker:

"On these days, there was a full moon."

Myungsoo squinted his eyes, hard to believe that connection brought him to 2014. "A full moon?"

"A full moon. A circle moon. We skip over March, but no one time travelled during that month for us to connect. I don't know why, but I have a positive feeling about this. It can make sense, because the wormhole can spark from nature. If this makes sense and is remotely correct... there needs to be a full moon in 2014 and the 1400s for the time travel to be successful." Sungjong's heart jumped explaining the story, proud to accomplish a feat of taking one more step forward to bringing his brother back. "At first I was skeptical because it's such a simple thing. I might even be wrong on this..."

Myungsoo did not know what to believe, but Sungjong's confidence radiated through. Myungsoo was willing to trust him. "Maybe the simple answer is the solution this whole time."

"You know how you guys have a lunar calendar? Err, a calendar that tells you the moon patterns. When the moon is full, when there is no moon at all?"

"Ah, yes. We do have one. We adopted the Chinese calendar into our own."

"May 14th... is the next full moon," Sungjong muttered. "I looked it up. We don't have another full moon for 3 more weeks, but this is the only lead we have." Sungjong bit his lip, grabbing his phone and immediately dialing Dongwoo's number. Sungjong wanted to clear his theory with Dongwoo before he relied on it. He placed the phone on the tabel for speaker, anxiously awaiting for the dial tone to drop and Dongwoo's voice.

Shuffling heard through the phone. "Hello?" Dongwoo's voice was frazzled.

"Dongwoo." Sungjong was concentrated. This was the only development they have had since Myungsoo came to 2014. "Myungsoo and I may have figured something out, and we want to run everything through with you."

Dongwoo coughed. "Alright, but before you start, did you hear what's going on right now?"

By the sound of Dongwoo's voice, he seemed afraid of something. "No." Sungjong looked at Myungsoo, who shrugged cluelessly at him. "What's going on?"

A pause on the other line. "It's crazy... the president of Japan and president of Korea, Geunhye, just signed a treaty and announced that Japanese occupation in Korea never existed."

"Say WHAT?" This was quite possibly the biggest political scandal to ever exist in Korea, at least since Sungjong was born. Every person learning middle school history knows that the Japanese occupied Korea during the 20th century. It was a not-so-glamorous time when Korea was a colony, and everyone was aware of that history. "I don't get what that means!"

"Occupation?" Sungyeol briefed Myungsoo on Korea within the past 100 years, barely covering Japan and Korea's conflicts. Korea as a colony came as a huge surprise, especially because Myungsoo pride himself in his nation as a prince. It was shocking for him to learn his home was taken over by the Japanese imperial state, and hearing the occupation became nonexistent did not match with anything Sungyeol taught him. 

"And that's not the end of it..." Dongwoo trailed off.

"What else could there possibly be?!" Sungjong yelled, absolutely shocked by the news.

"Apparently, Korea signed an agreement with Sweden yesterday."

"Ok, and?"

"Well..." Gulp.

Dongwoo kept quiet.

"What?!" Sungjong's hands trembled. If making this deal with Japan was not enough, there was more. "Dongwoo, what the hell is going on?"

"... Sweden became a colony. We own Sweden."

Sungjong was frozen by the news. Myungsoo stood next to Sungjong, absolutely confused what all of it meant. Sweden, officially a colony of Korea.

Suddenly, a knock on the door.

"Hello?" Dongwoo's voice echoed in the living room, but Myungsoo and Sungjong could barely form a thought. 

The knocking continued.

"Who could that be, seriously?" Sungjong's mind was preoccupied with too much to handle a visitor. A potential breakthrough with their time travelling saga, Japan and Korea sounding like the countries decided on friendly relations, and now Sweden is a part of Korea. Nothing made sense already in his insignificant life, but the news was failing him as well. Sungjong stormed towards the door, grabbing the handle and pulling it open. "What?!" Sungjong's eyes widened in shock, initiating a near heart attack.

Taeyeon stood by the door, timidly waving at Sungjong. "Hey Sungjong. Myungsoo said I could hang out with you guys."

Sungjong's face turned paler than it already was, convulsing his head towards Myungsoo in a blank stare.

Myungsoo stared back at Sungjong, his hands close to his chest for protection for what Sungjong could do to him next. "Sungjong, I can explain everything," the prince whimpered.

But it was not enough.

Sungjong's eyes rolled back, tilting his head backwards and falling on the floor to faint.

 


What is gonna happen next??? 

As some of you have guessed previously, I can now confirm. Myungsoo's presence in the 21st century and now Hoya and Sungyeol's presence in the 15th century is in fact changin history and altering everything in the future. Our heroes unfortunately have not realized that yet, which is detrimental to everything in the future.

Does Sungjong have a real lead? Is a full moon really the answer to time travel? What will happen with Taeyeon and Myungsoo? Can Sungyeol realize that whatever he says changes the future? What will Hoya do in the next chapter? Can Myungsoo do damage control now that Taeyeon is inside of their apartment?

Let's hope Sungjong doesn't have a heart attack before this all gets figured out!