Unconscious

21st Century Kim

"So, he'll be ok right?" Dongwoo asked.

Sungyeol stood with his feet shoulder-width apart, his hand covering his mouth as he observed the scene: his brother unconscious in a hospital bed, the off-white blanket draped right below his chin, and a flow of oxygen connecting from a machine. His mouth was wide open with drool dripping down his left cheek, almost like how he usually sleeps. Next to the bed was an EKG, and a bright yellow light flashed onto the screen to create a point. Sungjong's heart was still beating.

"I've always wanted Sungjong to shut up. But not like this." Sungyeol shook his head, more than concerned over the condition of his younger brother who suffered a hard hit to the head hours before to the head. Now they would spend their Friday night in a hospital. How could an innocent game go so wrong? 

Not a single movement from Sungjong. The boy was out cold.

"What are my parents gonna think of this... you know my mom!" Sungyeol slapped his forehead, realizing the aftermath could be even worse than the situation itself.

"All that matters is that Sungjong is ok, and the doctor said it was a concussion. He didn't suffer major brain damage and he's good to go," Dongwoo reasoned.

Sungyeol's hand slid down his face, blinking multiple times to convince himself this was real. It was possibly the worst week of his life. "What a Friday night..."

In the midst of all of this stood a scared prince, who found a spot right in a bare corner of the hospital room. His hands were clasped together as he waited nervously for Sungjong to wake up. The room was unlike Myungsoo had ever seen before. With an odd odor filling up the room and the gray-white walls, the room served as a service for three unsuspecting members of society to relax in their respective beds and heal their wounds overtime. One of those people was Sungjong, and staring at him, defenseless, scared Myungsoo.

The room was filled with contraptions Myungsoo had never encountered in his life. A clear rope of sorts went through Sungjong's nose and connected to a gray machine. Next to his bed was a wooden table, housing a pot of flowers and a bowl of ice cold water. A small box that was similar looking to the television in their apartment flashed a bright yellow light every few seconds. What bothered him the most was the incessant beeping coming from the machines, providing an unpleasant sound to the room. The lights were dim, and the blinds of the window were closed. 

Myungsoo was overall uncomfortable with everything. 

"... how could everything have gone wrong this week. How..." Sungyeol whined.

"I apologize."

Dongwoo and Sungyeol shifted their bodies to catch the Crown Prince hiding in his corner of the room, unable to make contact with eitehr of them.

"What?" Sungyeol asked.

"I apologize for everything," Myungsoo lowered his head, bowing in front of the two of them and moving to the floor to bow for his friends. With his head pressing against the cold and dirty floor, Myungsoo brought himself down to a lower level to show his remorse for hurting Sungjong. The very person who helped him travel around Seoul and teach him dance moves was injured at his hands. "I never meant to hurt him. I kicked the ball, but I did not expect a strong hit like that. I really hope he heals his head. I owe you everything. I am sorry."

"You're sorry?" Sungyeol sniffed his nose. His nostrils flared as he stared down at Myungsoo, pathetic in his plea for forgiveness. "You're just sorry?! Myungsoo, you sent my brother to the hospital!"

There was a change of tone in Sungyeol's voice that Myungsoo had never heard before since his time in the 21st century. His voice was much more decorated than before, deeper in sound and much more demanding. Myungsoo lifted his head up and stood back up, brushing his knees of dirt and straightening out his back. It was as if his voice signaled Myungsoo was in deep trouble. "Sungyeol, I really am. I will do anything to make it up to you and Sungjong."

Sungyeol's thoughts clouded with every little thing that had gone wrong within the past week. "Myungsoo, you made Sungjong unconscious! And on top of that, it was with you that I screwed up my friendship with Taeyeon during her birthday!"

The mood shifted significantly as the fuel fired Sungyeol's flame. Dongwoo took notice immediately and tried to step forward. "Sungyeol, think about what you're saying. We're in a hospital right now, now is not the time."

Sungyeol brushed Dongwoo off and continued, stepping closer to Myungsoo. In that moment, every single bad moment that occurred in the past month and a half bogged down his mind and unleashed an unexpected beast that was caged within him for all this time. Circumstance and chance no longer mattered. Sungyeol was ready to play the blame game. "You..." he released, pointing his finger at Myungsoo's chest and pushing him towards the corner.

Myungsoo's knees buckled, staggering back and trying to hold himself up with his frail hands. "Sungyeol, I am sorry. Please."

"Nothing is his fault," Dongwoo pleaded, moving forward to pull Sungyeol back.

But Sungyeol made his stand. "Anything and everything that could possibly go wrong happened the day you stepped into my life. My relationship with the love of my life fizzled out, and now she doesn't even want to be my friend. I had to deal with you and get you out of everything, wasting all this time on your father's case. Now, this happens." Sungyeol scoffed, jaded that maybe he had been an idiot this whole time. "Sungjong had the right idea. You don't belong here Myungsoo. Once I figure everything out... please do us a favor and go back to Joseon." Sungyeol lowered his finger, his eyes burning with fury as he reasoned all his anger. What was done was done, and Myungsoo was the root of it all. Or so Sungyeol thought.

Dongwoo took a deep breath, worried with what happened next and how their friendship could recover after such a bold and rash statement. He knew Sungyeol was wrong with everything, but what could he do?

Myungsoo weakened, as if the world grew smaller and he was only confined to the corner that Sungyeol pushed him against. Since his arrival in the hot tub, Myungsoo always knew it was him against the world. Along the way, he thought he met the right people who would ease his transition and help him realize modern-day Seoul was not as intimidating as it seemed. With this unexpected outburst, Myungsoo lowered his head and kept to himself. He was defeated.

Alone.

Sungyeol hates me.

 

(((())))

 

This place is too much. Where can I go?! Myungsoo ran down the hallway in search of the end. In search of a way to leave.

"Myungsoo, come back!" Dongwoo dashed through the doors and turned left and right to find the Crown Prince running away towards the staircase. 

Tears started trickling down Myungsoo's face as Sungyeol publicly berated him in front of his unconscious brother, his childhood friend, several doctors in the room, and everyone from outside the hallway to hear. What happens when the home away from home does not even want you there? Any mistake Myungsoo made in modern Seoul was never on purpose.

A group of nurses and their patients waited for the elevator, a place too claustrophobic for Myungsoo to stay. He saw the door leading to the hospital fire escape and pushed the doors open to use the stairs.

"Can we talk!"

Myungsoo turned his head to catch Dongwoo at the door, staring down at Myungsoo and whining for him to return. Myungsoo panicked, and exited on the third floor.

Myungsoo was fast, but Dongwoo was faster as the two bolted down the hallway. Dongwoo was catching up, and Myungsoo swerved left and right to avoid him. Dongwoo, I want to be alone!

The hallway was empty, and Myungsoo saw the door open to a vacant room. Myungsoo shifted his body straight into the room and tried closing the door before Dongwoo could find him. Myungsoo slammed the door, but Dongwoo shoved his shoulder straight into the crack to slide right inside.

"Dongwoo I do not want your company!" Myungsoo cried.

"I can't... leave you... alone!" Dongwoo slid himself right into the room and closed the door right behind him, leaning against the knob to block the escape.

Myungsoo backed up into the hospital room's bed, surrounded by Dongwoo, a bunch of machines he could not understand, and the same monochrome walls as the previous room. Trapping him and chaining him down.

"Myungsoo, you can't run away from us like that at a time like this. Especially in a hospital, where people are sick and injured. Doctors are running around, and if you mess around with any of these machines you might hurt yourself or anyone else around you!" Dongwoo scolded, taking one long exhale after speaking it all under one breath.

The Crown Prince stubbornly shook his head. "I refuse to look at Sungyeol."

Dongwoo slammed his hand against the door. "You're being unreasonable right now Myungsoo. We can't be in this room. Let's go, ok?"

"Please retreat to your previous chambers and leave me here," Myungsoo ordered, his cheeks turning red in anger.

"Myungsoo, I'm not trying to fight you, but we have to leave now!" Dongwoo screamed.

Myungsoo let out a roar and pointed and slammed his fist against a machine. "Why would Sungyeol say such hurtful things to me? I would never do anything to purposefully hurt him and his brother."

The whole room was silenced by the intense echoing of Myungsoo's voice.

"His face was burning... his heart was filled with fury... and he told me to go back to Joseon," Myungsoo frowned.

"I've never seen this side of Sungyeol come out before, and it only happens under stress. He's worried about his brother, what his parents will say, and one of his best friend and ex-girlfriend won't talk to him. He needed someone to blame for no reason." Dongwoo shook his head. "Myungsoo, I'm sorry you had to be the scapegoat."

"I am trying my best to fit into with your society, and after everything you all have done for me I would never do that."

"Myungsoo, wait."

"You know that..."

"No, Myungsoo, wait!"

Dongwoo caught Myungsoo close to walking into a cord and extended his arm to grab him. But Myungsoo paid no attention and walked backwards straight into a wire. The back of his ankle hit the cord and unplugged it, and the cord coiled around his ankle and broke his balance. Myungsoo caught glimpse of Dongwoo trying to save him, but Myungsoo fell backwards and slammed his body into one of the hospital's machines.

Subsequently turning on the machine and breaking one of the tubes open.

A beeping noise sounded with a flickering red light to signify its function. From the broken tube, a gas flowed out and released into the air.

Dongwoo pinched his nose and covered his mouth with his shirt. "Myungsoo hold your breath! We need to get out of here!" Dongwoo panicked. They were not supposed to be there. The two of them breached a hospital room meant for sanitary confinement and aiding the sick. Just as things could not get worse, they break a machine and release gas into the whole room.

Myungsoo was confused, lost, squirming in the pile of wires connecting to other machines. He had no time to react, trapped by the strange smelling smoke feeding into his lungs. The substance was nothing like he had ever took in before. The air in Joseon was clean, fresh, nothing like what he was breathing in this moment. And as time passed by, the Crown Prince felt like he was losing all sense in his body.

Something consumed Myungsoo.

The air he inhaled tightened up his throat, constricting all air flow going into his lungs and choking him till he could no longer breathe. Myungsoo blinked, coughing up the air and free falling into a new world. The room kept spinning, Dongwoo's head warped into a whirlpool along with the hospital bed and the machines around him. The watercolor sailboat blended with the beige walls and painted the whole room, breathing life into every plain corner. It was nothing like Myungsoo had ever felt before. 

"Myungsoo! Oh my god." Dongwoo hooked his arm with Myungsoo's and pulled him off the ground. Myungsoo grew unresponsive, so Dongwoo held his breath and placed the Crown Prince on his back to carry him out of the room before they were caught. Dongwoo bumped the machine to switch it off and booked it out of the room as fast as he could. The strange smoke still filled the air, trying to escape as Dongwoo opened the doors. Dongwoo carried Myungsoo out of the room and slammed the door shut right before the gas could spread into the rest of the hospital. 

The hallway was empty to Dongwoo's content, thankful that no one was around on that floor to watch the incident. Dongwoo found a bench down the hallway and waddled there for refuge. He could feel the prince slipping down his back, and Dongwoo had to grip onto his arms tighter to keep him afloat. Dongwoo let out a long exhale as they approached the bench, laying Myungsoo on his back for inspection. Myungsoo's eyes were half-open, his expression dull and his body movements lethargic. Dongwoo was unsure how much of the gas he took in and shook him profusely, knocking any sense back into Myungsoo. "Myungsoo, tell me you're ok. Myungsoo!"

Myungsoo stared at Dongwoo with no response.

Sungyeol and Sungjong are going to kill me... what if he can't go back to the Joseon because of this? Why did we ever go into that room? Why did Sungyeol have to yell at Myungsoo like that, it was an accident. Why did this all have to happen right now...

"Dongwoo..."

A response.

"Myungsoo!" Dongwoo dug his fingers into Myungsoo's shoulders to strike a pulse. "You're ok!"

"Dongwoo... your... smile..."

"Wait." Dongwoo paused and let go. "My smile?"

"Your smile..."

"What about it?" Dongwoo had never been so confused.

"It is... it is..."

"What is it Myungsoo... What about it?"

"It is... so... POLISHED!"

An eruption of laughter followed after his comment. Myungsoo rolled on the bench, cackling like what he said was the most hilarious statement he had ever made in his life. "It is so lustrous! And white! And humongous!" The Crown Prince continued laughing, rolling onto his stomach and banging the bench with his hands.

Dongwoo kneeled next to the bench, shocked. "Come on Myungsoo," Dongwoo pleaded, grabbing onto Myungsoo's waist. "We need to go back to Sungyeol and Sungjong before we get into trouble..."

Myungsoo flinched, tickled by Dongwoo's hands and jolted off the bench. "I'm flying!" Myungsoo grinned, jumping off and tackling Dongwoo right into the ground.

The two of them remained in the middle of the hallway. 

Myungsoo, without the faintest idea what had happened to him, laughing till he cried.

And Dongwoo lying on his back, staring up at the ceiling and trying to figure out a solution to Myungsoo's oversode on nitrous oxide.

 

(((())))

 

In the eve of the night, Daehyun kept running.

Or moreso, rode into the night and followed the half moon towards a solution. A sign. Any sign of Myungsoo's existence. He searched in the forest by their forest with Kkocheun, slowing down the steed's steps to stay relatively quiet. There was minimal sound around them, and any sudden movement could lead to their capture. 

Daehyun scanned the area, lost yet determined to find the missing and real Crown Prince of Joseon. He had journeyed for hours without a lead on him, and knowing that the House of Kim was on his tail, he had to lay low for the moment. Without a lantern, there was no point in him continuing for the rest of the night. "Let us find a place to rest," Daehyun whispered into Kkocheun's ear, rubbing the side of her neck as he guided her to a well at the far end of his vision. "You need some water."

Kkocheun was exhausted and Daehyun knew it. He climbed off Myungsoo's horse to drag him towards the well. The nighttime sky provided limited but sufficient enough light to journey forward. "Come on girl." Daehyun led her towards the water and wrapped the rope around a nearby tree. As expected, Kkocheun let out a gentle neigh at the sight of water and dipped her head below the well.

"Good girl," Daehyun smiled, rubbing Kkocheun's stomach as he leaned against the edge of the well. In all the lows of his search for his friend, he continued to stay positive. She is only a horse, yet living such a simple life. Daehyun believed that as long as he stayed persistent, no matter how many days or years it would take, finding Myungsoo would be all worth the while to restore the power at the House of Kim. Nothing was the same, and Daehyun was determined to bring back balance.

"Hey, what's this?" 

A colorful piece of fabric shined within the cracks of the well right at Daehyun's feet. He jumped off and bent over to pick up a pink piece of silk torn and frayed. "What is this doing here?" Daehyun wondered, moving the cloth closer to his face to inspect further.

He did the best he could in the darkness, even raising the silk in the air to capture the moon. It was peculiar to find an expensive fabric like this in an abandoned forest.

That was when he suddenly recognized the color. The garish pink caught his eye. For much extravagance, he knew of no one else who could have possibly worn this color of this fabric. It was different, and the type of different Daehyun needed to solve the mystery. Raising an eyebrow, the well caught the corner of his eye as he felt he made a breakthrough. This well was different, and something happened that Daehyun needed to know.

"A piece of Prince Myungsoo's hanbok is at this well..." 

Daehyun glanced at the piece of silk, shimmering in the moonlight. It was a tiny torn off piece of the same hanbok Prince Myungsoo wore on that fateful evening. Hidden between the cracks of a water well. Daehyun turned his attention towards the water filled to the brim, the ripples disfiguring the moon in the reflection. The guard caught his own face in the reflection continuing to hold onto the cloth. 

What does this mean?

Daehyun hovered over the well, staring intensely at his reflection. Trying to see through the water.

Searching.

 

(((())))

 

Sungyeol continued lounged on the sofa, alleviating the stress of his angry mother going to the hospital after being informed that her youngest son was rendered unconscious. 

"Your brother will be out of school!" she complained, her blaring volume loud enough for Sungyeol to talk with the phone away from his ear.

"But mom, it's only a concussion and we checked it out as soon as possible," Sungyeol tried convincing. Figured she would be stubborn. The whole family is... "You don't need to come here. Sungjong will be fine."

"Who hurt him anyways! Who kicked him in the head?!"

"No one kicked him in the head," Sungyeol groaned, slapping his forehead in annoyance. "Our friend Myungsoo hit him in the end on accident. He didn't do it on purpose..."

Wait.

Sungyeol took a moment scanning the room. His brother laying in bed with a bandage wrapped around his forehead, another bed next to him of a patient who had just sprained his ankle, nurses walking in and out of the room to check up on their patients, the moonlight shining through the blinds. 

Myungsoo.

Sungyeol realized at that moment he drove Myungsoo out of the room after scolding him for hurting his brother. At the height of all of his emotions, he blamed Myungsoo for everything wrong that happened in his life. "He didn't do it on purpose," Sungyeol repeated. "Myungsoo, I made a mistake..."

"What?! Who are you talking about?" his mom asked.

"NOTHING." Sungyeol snapped. There was too much on his mind to deal with.

"Hyung..."

"Huh?" Sungyeol turned to catch Sungjong scrunching up his nose. Sungjong's eyes fluttered, his hands clenched his hand open and close, and his toes wiggled from under the blanket. His brother let out a faint moan and reached for his head to gently rub the bandage in circles. Sungjong jolted once he found the painful spot, signaling Sungyeol to stand up. "Mom I'll call you back. Sungjong just woke up!"

"Sungjong is awake? Let me talk to-"

Sungyeol hung up the phone and left it on the couch, kneeling down by his brother to check up on him. He grabbed Sungjong's hand and gently pressed it to help him wake him. "Sungjong. Are you ok?"

Sungjong kept quiet, continuing to rub his head and adjusting his eyes to the room lights. 

"Sungjong, how are you feeling?" Sungyeol leaned against the bed to get his head as close to Sungjong as possible. "Talk to me."

Sungjong sighed, furrowing his eyebrows as he tried to handle the pain. Finally, he opened his eyes wide to stare at the bare ceiling. All he could see was white, and the lights blurred his vision as if he had gone to a place out of this world. It was all in his head, literally, and after a couple more seconds passed Sungjong was able to soak it all in and realize where he was.

In a hospital.

"Sungyeol, what did you do!" were the first words to come out of Sungjong's mouth, taking his hand and grabbing the back of his brother's head. 

"What are you doing!" Sungyeol cried, fighting off his brother and pushing him away.

"Why am I here! What did you do, damnit!" Sungjong yanked Sungyeol's hair, pulling him over the bed and right on his lap. "Why does my head hurt!"

"I'll tell you when you get off of me!" Sungyeol shrieked, his whole body on the bed in an awkward position over his brother's legs. He brushed Sungjong's hands off and pushed his stomach. "We were playing football and the ball went straight to your head! You didn't wake up so we brought you here."

"You kicked a soccer ball at me!" Sungjong exclaimed, preparing to choke his brother over the bed.

"No, not me!" Sungyeol wrestled his brother down and held Sungjong's hands together to keep them from attacking him. "Myungsoo did."

"Myungsoo?!" Sungjong looked around the room. "Where is that prince?"

"He... he left somewhere with Dongwoo or something... I kicked Myungsoo out of the room after I yelled at him," Sungyeol explained regretfully.

"You yelled at him?" Sungjong shrugged Sungyeol's grasp and scratched his head, confused on everything that occurred between playing football and waking up in a hospital bed. "He knocked me out?"

"It was a tied game, and Myungsoo went for the ball. You got between us right as he kicked the ball to me. It was a hard hit."

Sungjong shook his head, surprised yet not surprised. "Something like that was bound to happen eventually... Myungsoo is a death trap. What did I tell you guys?!"

"I know, I know, but it's not his fault! But he thinks he is, and I blamed him for everything that's happened these past few months," Sungyeol confessed.

Sungjong grabbed onto his head as a sharp pain came back to him. 

"Sungjong..." Sungyeol reached forward to help him.

"No, it's ok," Sungjong whimpered, closing his eyes to deal with the headache. "It really is."

"The doctor said you're gonna be ok. It's gonna be a little hectic for the next couple of days. When you sleep I have to wake you up every three hours to make sure your concussion doesn't get worse. You have to slow down, but since it's the weekend you won't be doing much anyways."

"That ," Sungjong grumbled.

"I have to take care of you," Sungyeol ordered.

"No you don't," Sungjong shook his head. "Right now you need to find Dongwoo and Myungsoo and get them back here so I can leave this ing place."

Sungyeol shifted his head, avoiding eye contact with his brother and trying to talk himself out of it. "Myungsoo's upset right now. I don't know what to tell him."

"You know..." Sungjong started speaking but kept quiet.

"What?"

"Hold on," Sungjong cleared his throat. "I'm trying to collect my thoughts so that I can say a nice comment."

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. "Here we go..."

"I know that I always complain about Myungsoo, that something horrible always happens when he's around me, how sometimes he makes my life a living hell. Well, I mean it 70% of the time."

"How the hell does this help me Sungjong?!"

"HOLD ON," Sungjong put his hands out to shut his brother up. "The other 30% of the time, I really like the guy. I'm not really good at this, but that 30% is pure of innocence and learning. In all those times Myungsoo drives me crazy, he never means any harm. I blow things out of proportion all the time, including my experiences with him. But you know... he's been there for us through all the small things. And whether you ever noticed it, Myungsoo has been there for you to help with your grades and help get over Taeyeon. Prince Myungsoo is always there for you Sungyeol."

Sungyeol lowered his head in silence. After almost two months spent with the Crown Prince, every little detail of their friendship came rushing to Sungyeol to the point he questioned why Myungsoo would be willing to do all of that for him. Sungyeol took Myungsoo for granted, and after everything they had gone through he Myungsoo to leave. He tried his best to make modern Seoul a home, but now he was no longer sure that Myungsoo wanted this place as a home. I need to make it up to him.

"Hurry up and go find them hyung!" Sungjong ordered, swingin his arm at Sungyeol's shoulder.

"What the hell was that for!" Sungyeol nearly fell off the bed in shock, grabbing onto his arm.

"I want to go home. Go find them!"

 

(((())))

 

Dongwoo wrapped Myungsoo's arm around his shoulders and hoisted the delirious prince towards the elevator. It was Dongwoo's first duty to get the both of them off the floor before they were caught, then return him to the room and help resolve the conflict. Myungsoo found himself falling closer to the floor as time passed and he was dragged farther. "The floor looks comfortable to sleep on," Myungsoo complained, his eyes rolling and his waist twisting.

"Nope. We're going back to the room." Dongwoo was determined, grabbing onto Myungsoo's waist and forcing him up with all the power he had to make him walk upright.

The elevator doors opened. A doctor immersed in his clipboard immediately walks out, thankfully too narrow to notice Dongwoo's struggle to hold Myungsoo. The two make it to the elevator, Dongwoo side-eyeing the doctor to see if he noticed. Right when the doctor turns a corner down the hallway onward for his business, Dongwoo lets out a sigh of relief and plopped Myungsoo on the floor.

"Alright, this wear off soon... right?" Dongwoo mumbled to himself, closing the elevator doors and pacing back in forth wondering what the hell exactly he would do with the loopy prince. "Laughing gas shouldn't take that long... only another 10 minutes right..."

"Dongwoo," Myungsoo moaned, slowly tipping over and laying on his side. "What's going on?"

For Myungsoo, everything was blurry with the exception of a faint image of Dongwoo at the corner of his eye. The lights circled in the elevator, flashing a bright shine to blind him. Everything was too sensitive.

"You'll be ok Myungsoo. I promise. Everything is going to wear off soon." Dongwoo took a seat next to Myungsoo and carefully placed Myungsoo's head on his own lap. Myungsoo's head was heavy, giving out at the second Dongwoo let go and placed it on his thigh. "You're gonna be ok."

Myungsoo giggled, flicking Dongwoo's leg. "You are fluffly like my pillow."

Dongwoo rolled his eyes and patted Myungsoo on the back. "Go to sleep buddy."

Myungsoo sighed, letting his eyes roll back as he closed his eyes and laughed. "I am in debt to you Dongwoo."

"No you're not. Just a mishap here, but you'll be ok."

"Sungyeol, will he still be mad at me?"

The idea was still fresh in the prince's head, and under all the drugs Dongwoo could tell he was still bothered by it. Rubbing his shoulder in tiny circles, Dongwoo calmly alleviated his thoughts. "Everyone has their bad days where they lash out on a friend or they blame someone for something they didn't do. Myungsoo, I know Sungyeol really well and he cares about the people in his life. He cares a lot about you, and making sure you're comfortable and happy. Leaving him alone was the space he needed. By the time we get back up there, everything will be ok."

Myungsoo gently nodded his head, brushing against Dongwoo's shorts. "I care about him too."

"I know you do." Dongwoo patted Myungsoo's back.

"I would never hurt Sungjong. I would never hurt him." Myungsoo's voice grew more intimate, softer and easy to the ears.

Dongwoo listened, and for the first time he felt like he could really connect with Myungsoo. "Don't worry, I know that. I promise Sungyeol does too."

The elevator started to move.

Myungsoo positioned his body to hug his knees, cradling his body and adjusting his head on Dongwoo's thigh. "Dongwoo."

"Yeah Myungsoo?"

"Can I tell you something?" he said with a silly grin.

"What?"

"I..." Myungsoo stopped.

"What? Myungsoo you can say anything. It's only you and me right now."

Myungsoo hesitated, but continued. "I think I li..."

The elevator came to a halt. The doors slid open and revealed Sungyeol standing right outside. Sungyeol's eyes lit up, confused yet relieved to find Myungsoo safe and sound on the floor with Dongwoo. "Myungsoo! Dongwoo!" 

Myungsoo immediately stopped talking, and Dongwoo jumped up startled upon being discovered. 

"Wait, what are you two doing on the ground?" Sungyeol wondered, scratching his head and kneeling down next to them.

Dongwoo glanced at Myungsoo, who was unable to finish his statement. And he was unsure if he ever would, as Myungsoo drooped down a little more to the floor. "Um. Myungsoo did something, and he's a bit sedated right now. He's gonna be ok, though. This gas will wear off."

It was a lot for Sungyeol to take in, and he was not sure where to start talking. The first thing he did was grab onto Myungsoo's hand, shaking it and trying to keep him conscious. With apologetic eyes, Sungyeol shook his head. "Myungsoo, I didn't mean everything I said earlier. I swear I didn't. You've been there for all of us, for me, from the beginning. I'm sorry I said all of those hurtful things, because I was wrong about all of them."

Myungsoo was weak, lowering his head and unable to move another inch. He did not say a word, but he heard everything Sungyeol told him.

"We need to get Myungsoo out of here. Before we're banned from this hospital, which I don't plan on making happen," Dongwoo declared.

"Sungjong is awake and wants to go home, so let's go," Sungyeol nodded.

Myungsoo leaned his head back against the elevator, chuckling to himself and rolling his head against the side. "Home," he chimed.

Dongwoo wrapped one of Myungsoo's arms around him. "I'm tired of this hospital anyways. It's been a long day."

"Yes, home. Back to my apartment," Sungyeol nodded, wrapping Myungsoo's arm around him. "You'll get some sleep and this will all wear off. I'm sorry again Myungsoo. I'm not mad at you. I never was."

 


 

What's going to happen next?? Stay tuned ;DDD