Closer

Hello Cold World III: I Only Want to Dance With You
Closer
Love makes the littlest things change. Was the world always this beautiful before I knew you? I don’t remember. Your flowing and smiling eyes keep melting me. How can I hold it in? Baby I love you; can you feel my love? I’ll give you my all. 
 
 

“Hey, is everything okay? What happened?”

 

“Nothing, j-just drive please… I want to go back home.”

 

Noticing the urgency and the shakiness in her voice, he simply did what he was asked to do and drove away.

 

On their way back to the manor, Hyunseung kept glancing towards his girlfriend and saw that she had her head down while tightly holding her hands together as if she was trying to compose herself from breaking down. With one hand still on the wheel, he placed his other one above hers while softly caressing her skin. She turned her head to look at him and stretched the one side of her lips to smile before looking back at the window.

 

A few minutes later, they finally arrived as they jumped out of the car and walked up to the main entrance before quickly entering with the sun going up hight in the sky.

 

She threw her bag on the ground as she made her way to the living room where she dropped her body on the couch while the boy followed her behind, taking a seat next to her.

 

“Hyunseung?”

 

“Mhmm?”

 

“If you had something to tell me, you wouldn’t hide it, right?”

 

Taken by surprise, he tried to sound as calm as possible and certainly as convincible as possible, hoping that his nervousness wouldn’t throw his answer off.

 

“Of course! You can trust me Seonya, I would never hide things from you; why would you think that?”

 

She let a breath out, rethinking about the last words her uncle said to her just a few moments ago before she stormed out of his house.

 

She was about to speak up when a loud knock was heard on her front door. She got up and went to the side window of her living room to see that her uncle was on the other side, looking anxious as he waited.

 

“Seonya! Open up! Please!”

 

She ran to stand in front of the main door and stared at the knob, hesitating on what to do.

 

“I know you’re here, please let’s just talk about this.”

 

Despite the anger, she still wanted answers, proper answers. So many pieces to fill the puzzle that can only happen if she opens her door to him, which she eventually did. As they were standing in front of each other, she lets him in and once she closes the door behind him, she leans against it with her arms crossed over her chest, waiting for the next words to come out of his mouth.

 

“Seonya?”

 

Walking out of the living, Hyunseung was standing just a few feet away from Ji-Hoon, where the older man had turned around while clenching his jaw. Putting aside his niece, he rushed his steps towards the younger boy and grabbed onto the collar of his neck as he shoved him against the wall behind him, surprising Seonya.

 

“Yah! What the hell are you doing! Leave him alone!” She ran towards Ji-Hoon and grabbed onto his arm as she used her energy to push him away from the boy. “Get off of him! You’re choking him to death! JI-HOON! STOP IT!”

 

She roughly pulled him away making Hyunseung land on the ground as he coughed loudly, trying to regain his breath while the other man was watching him with disgust. He lifted his head to look at his niece and he could clearly see the anger inside of her, not that he cared.

 

“He’s not who you think he is. He’s been lying to you for the past three years!”

 

“Get out of here.”

 

“Seonya! Listen to me!”

 

“NO! Get out of here! You’re not welcomed in this house anymore!” Just get the f* out!”

 

“Not until you hear what I have to say-”

 

“I’m begging you, please; just leave!” She turned her back on him as she crouched down on her knees while looking to see if her boyfriend had any kind of bruise. She kissed him on the cheek and helped him to stand back up as he leaned a little bit against the wall.

 

“Mark my words: he’s not the person you think he is. He’s a liar and a manipulative bastard… Just like his father.” She looked at her uncle and something inside of her made him consider his words. She shook off the feeling and asked him to leave, to which, this time, he did as he loudly shut the door behind him.

 

Looking back at Hyunseung, she fixed some strands of his brown hair out of his face before hugging him tightly with her arms wrapped around his neck. Her thoughts went back to her uncle’s last words until they were interrupted with the sound of a ringing phone coming out from the boy’s pocket.

 

She backed away and told him she would be in the kitchen while he went back to the living room, answering the call. He had his back her as she made her way to the next room only to alter in her steps and found herself hiding against a wall of the sitting room. She tried to pay close attention to his conversation but not understanding what he was saying, she could still sensed that he was angry about something until his voice was loud enough for her to be able to hear the next words that were coming out of his mouth.

 

“She is starting to get suspicious, what do I do?... And how do I do that?… All you asked me to do is to play as her boyfriend for distraction and that you will take care of the rest- Her uncle knows! He tried to kill me just now!”

 

“So it’s true? You lied to me?”

 

He jumped and turned around to see Seonya on the verge of tears as she was standing by the entrance of the living room, left completely broken. “I can’t believe it… W-why?”

 

“So I can kill you when I have the chance.”

 

 

2011

 

Fall was just around the corner with the warm weather of the previous season slowly fading away by the day.

 

As for the ballerina, she just came out of her daily practice and was patiently waiting for her friend to pick her up as he promised he would do so.

 

As she stepped out of the building, she let a smile slip out when she saw Hyunseung leaning against his car with a smirk across his face. She walked towards him until he grabbed onto her bag and stepped out while opening the door to let her slip inside before closing it back and took his place.

 

“Before taking you home, I want to show you something.”

 

“Oh~ what is it?”

 

“Not going to say~” She playfully pushed him by his shoulder while letting out a chuckle as she shook her head. “Party pooper.” He laughed and quickly drove away from the parking lot without erasing his smile on his face, excited about this afternoon.

 

The drive took at least two hours before Seonya realized they were slowly driving out of town as she noticed that the signs of the cities were diminishing with the trees and grass replacing them. She looked at her friend with a questioning look on her face while asking where he was taking her.

 

“Don’t worry, we’re almost there.” He smiled at her while she turned her head back to the window, enjoying the scenery.

 

Another ten minutes past and Hyunseung finally parked his car on a cliff, showing the view of the city from afar. He got out of the car with Seonya right behind him and found herself in awe at the view in front of them. Since it was the afternoon, the sun was starting to set letting it spread across the area.

 

A big smile was plastered across her face. She turned around to look at Hyunseung who was taking a big blanket from the trunk of his car before walking towards her and leaning against the front of it.

 

“It’s so beautiful!”

 

“I know, that’s why I brought you here.”

 

“How did you even find this place?”

 

“It’s my thinking place.”

 

“Ohh~ I see; a special place, hmm? Why did you bring me here?” She walked towards him, taking slow steps while she had her hands placed behind her back until she stood right in front of him, with a smirk on her face.

 

“Because you’re special.” The seriousness of his tone and of his gaze caught her off guard as her breath was caught in .

 

Truth be told, she had a huge crush on her friend for a while now. She kept telling herself that it was only a crush, not a big deal, but deep inside, the feelings she had for him were more than that. She was just hoping he would somehow feel the same way.

 

Her breathing got a little bit heavier as she kept staring at him, left speechless. She could feel the beating of her heart against her chest, ready to explode. She looked down for a moment and felt his hand touching hers as he lightly stretched his arm out to take a hold of her. She looked back up and she saw him leaning closer to her, making him properly stand up on his feet.

 

She slightly lifted her head up to look at him as he tugged a strand of her hair behind her ear, cupping her cheek while softly caressing her skin. She leaned in a little bit closer until the tip of their noses were merely touching and that’s when he took the initiative by gently placing his lips on hers, kissing her sweetly.

 

It was short but strong enough to make her heart skip a bit at the contact.

 

He was slowly pulling away only to have her cup his cheek and pulling him back in for another kiss, taking him by surprise, but not disagreeing with the gesture. He trailed his hands until they were resting on her hips and pulled her closer to him while wrapping his arms around her.

 

They got lost into their passionate kiss until drops of water were falling their way, making them pull away and look up to see that rain was starting with the grey clouds overtaking the sky.

 

She still had her head up as she closed her eyes to enjoy the feeling of the rain on her skin while Hyunseung was gazing at her, admiring his view. “I love you…”

 

She fluttered her eyes open, shocked at his confession as she looked straight back at him. “Huh?”

 

“I love you.” He repeated his words making her blush. She trailed her arms around his neck and crashed her lips, once again, to his kissing him.

 

From there the rain was starting to get heavier, but it didn’t stop them. The more the drops were falling on them, the more their kiss was heating itself up until the sound of thunder made them pull away as they ran back inside the car after shutting the doors closed.

 

A set of laughter were escaping from both of them, realizing that they were soaked from head to toe. “Let’s go back before it get’s worse…”

 

“Mhmm.”

 

Unfortunately enough, the car broke down in the middle of the road and instead of being annoyed, they laughed it off.

 

“What do we do now?”

 

“Wait here, I’ll see if I can find some shelter for now.”

 

He ran out of the car and under the rain leaving Seonya on her own before she took her turn to jump out of the car and simply stood under the rain, waiting for him to comeback.

 

She didn’t care at all about standing under the pouring rain. In fact, she liked it.

 

Maybe it was because of the pounding heart inside of her, the glowing smile on her face and the little enticed emotions in the pit of her stomach, that made her feel like nothing mattered right now; that whether it was the rain, the snow or anything else, she wouldn’t care at all because just a few feet away from her, the boy that just confessed his love to her took all that place inside her heart, simply making that moment matter to her.

 

She saw him running towards her as she did the same, joining him halfway. Without a word, he took a hold of her hand running back to where he came from until they stood in front of an abandoned small trailer. He pulled the door open and quickly climbed inside with Seonya right behind him before the door closed, finally out of the rain.

 

From the run, they were heavily breathing with the girl looking around while Hyunseung walked away, searching for some way to heat the place. She took off her jacket and threw it on the counter right next to her before making her way to join him as he was in the back of the RV, trying to turn on the heater.

 

“Hopefully it will work…”

 

“Well if it doesn’t, we could hmm… heat ourselves up~”

 

The faint smirk across her lips made him chuckle as he took a step towards her before gently holding onto her hand. She leaned in closer and gave him a short kiss and slightly pulled away with her lips still hovering above his while she whispered.

 

“I’m cold.” She bit her bottom lip as he stared at her, gulping down his own saliva. She took another small step towards him as she trails her hand up his arms.

 

She didn’t know what took over her, but she knew that she wasn’t herself. But then again she didn’t care. With everything that has been going on, she wanted to change the way she was living and experience this whole concept of ‘living in the moment’, which is why she wanted to take this moment between them and make it more meaningful.

 

He knew exactly what she wanted and he wasn’t going to deny it.

 

He swiftly lifted her up with her legs around his waist and walked to the bed that was behind him as he leaned forwards, placing her on her back.

 

She pushes some strands of his brown hair out of his face and pulls his face closer to hers, whispering once again.

 

“I love you too.”

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes

Some twist, right?

I'm sorry for making him the bad guy, but I did need one >.<

Nevertheless, I hope that you guys enjoyed the little romance between the two (I thought that something like that was needed >///<)

So! What do you think is going to happen now that she knows the truth? or at least half of it?

 

Lots of love, xo