No Air

Hello Cold World III: I Only Want to Dance With You
No Air
But how do you expect me to live alone with just me? 'Cause my world revolves around you, it's so hard for me to breathe
 
 

The water kept climbing as panic kept rapidly creeping up inside her veins, reaching her heart as she was brought back to one of the most feared experience of her life. Quick flashes of herself being brought back to her accident quickly came and went as she watched the water going higher as it came down like a fall into a lake.

 

From down her feet, she looked up to stare at the still silhouette of G.O’s body while Hyunseung had disappeared after the fight. She kept on banging against the tank as loud and as hard as she could, hoping that her friend was only left unconscious and that he wasn’t actually dead.

 

From there, she saw someone else rushing in and quickly recognized Joon. He went straight to G.O the minute he saw him and as he kneeled down to see if he was still alive, the knocking coming from the other side caught his attention; he lifted his head up and with his eyes wide open in shock, he stared at Seonya with the water arriving just around her hips.

 

He was about to get up and go and save her when he suddenly got dragged by the back of his collar until he got thrown back against the floor with Hyunseung back and looking angrier than before. They went in for another fight leaving Seonya to watch with despair flashing across her eyes as she had forgotten for that moment the situation she was currently in.

 

This time, weapons were out of the way leaving them in a real duel.

 

Joon was cornered against the ground with Hyunseung on top as he kept hitting him in the face, trying to knock the other one unconscious. As a strong fighter, Joon was able to defend himself as he tried to weaken Hyunseung the best he could to push him off. Thinking that he had the upper hand for now, despite his position, everything changed with having a gun pointed straight at him, making him suddenly stop.

 

“If you have the guts to shoot, just do it.”

 

“Its not my job to do it.”

 

Hyunseung grabbed Joon by the collar and dragged him across the floor until he was close enough to pull him up and shove him against a wooden column that was one of the many holding up the warehouse. “Tie him with the ropes.” With one hand against his chest and the other one holding his gun against Joon, two guards started tying the prisoner by placing the rope around his waist, blocking his arms by the side of his body.

 

From there, he slowly backed away before turning his face to the tank seeing the water climbing as it had reached Seonya’s chest. Panic was clearly shown across her face and all he could do was stare, knowing that if he did anything to save her, he was going to follow his sister with the same fate. It broke his heart, but he didn’t want to disappoint his father after all.

 

He picked up his phone and dialed Hyun Su’s number telling him that they were set and that the others also fell in their trap. After he hung up, he looked back at Joon and slowly started to approach him; he stared at him, anger and hate boiling in his gaze, and hit him across the face earning a groan from the prisoner.

 

“This is for destroying my happiness with the love of my life.”

 

A scoff escaped Joon’s lip with a hint of blood appearing at the corner of his lips. He looked back at Hyunseung with a smirk showing that he wasn’t taking him seriously. “You want me to believe that you actually love Seonya? What are you taking me for?”

 

A low growl coming out of him, he gave another hit at Joon and went in for a second one until Hyun Su called out to him, making him stop.

 

Reluctant, he walked away and stood behind the old man while he was the one approaching Joon as he ignored the sudden banging from the tank and the body next to him.

 

“Finally! It’s so nice to see you Changsun! How long has it been again? Six years?”

 

“Go. To. Hell.”

 

A chuckle escaping from Hyun Su sent shivers down Joon’s body as he cringed at the sound of his voice. He heard his footsteps coming closer to him making him turn his head back to look at the old man, still showing disgust across his eyes.

 

“As you can hear, time is ticking. You don’t give me what I want, she dies.”

 

“Over my dead body.”

 

“I hear some hostility in your voice! Don’t you want to save your dear friend?”

 

No words to reply the man with; he didn’t know what to say. Though he was still angry at Seonya, he didn’t want to let her die, but at the same time he wasn’t going to give up his fight. He had a goal and he was going to go through with it, no matter what.

 

“Nothing to say, huh? Okay~ Hyunseung! Why don’t we show this young man what can be accomplish with that little button by the tank?”

 

“Yes father.”

 

Following his orders, he walked towards the tank were Seonya was at the top, her head touching the cap of the tank, as the water kept on climbing, not seeming to be stopping. She could barely breathe but tried her best so she would be able to fill her lungs with the last bit of air that was left, knowing that she was going to drown.

 

Once again, the images of her car accident kept coming back, leaving her to cry silent tears. With her palms placed against the metal cap, she tried to push it up but she knew, in the back of her mind, that it was ridiculous; she wasn’t strong enough to push it nor did she had the energy to do so with her mind going crazy.

 

With the water reaching her neck, her voice started to echo inside the round container while eyes were staring at her, some of them in horror while others appeared to have smirks painted across their faces. She was too focused to realize that Hyunseung had pressed a red button, suddenly changing the temperature of the water.

 

“Let’s see if boiling the water will bring your senses back.”

 

Hyun Su looked back at Joon to see his reaction and to his satisfaction, he could see the shock appearing across his face as he stared to the left, watching the water heat up while Seonya suddenly started to hit the glass with her screams, muffled from the waterfall.

 

The screams suddenly disappeared the moment her head went under, showing the water reaching up the limit of the tank. Hyunseung turned it off and waited for the next orders from Hyun Su, not able to look at her as he could feel the ache thumping against his heart, growing stronger by the second.

 

“So? Do you want to cooperate now?” Hyun Su looked back at Joon, an arched eyebrow while his arms were behind his back, waiting for a response.

 

Joon dropped his head down. He clenched his jaw as he let his thoughts battle against themselves on what to do. He didn’t want Seonya to die and he couldn’t give up on the promise he did to Stefanie. He was torn and nothing that was popping inside his brain was helping him make a decision.

 

The long silence that lingered made the old man act again as he looked back at his son and showed him a nod, giving him a signal to go at it again as, this time, Hyunseung pushed the blue button, changing from warm water to cold water.

 

The air that she kept up in her lungs was slowly running out; the sensation of the sudden temperature change made her heart beat faster, as if it was ready to explode out of her chest with the ache affecting every part of her being. She turned to the side to look at Hyunseung while she was softly banging against the glass to gain his attention.

 

He gave a quick glance through the corner of his eyes as he bit down on his tongue, trying to stop himself from acting against his father.

 

“Still no words? I thought you liked her! What happened Changsun?” The mocking tone in Hyun Su’s voice made the younger one turn his head to look at him with hatred in his eyes.

 

“It is so unfortunate that we have to waste her because of you, don’t you think? Wouldn’t you be better off with that dead wife of yours?”

 

“How can you even talk like this about your own daughter?!”

 

“She was never my daughter. The moment she laid eyes on you was the day she was dead to me. I could’ve killed her on the spot for betraying me like this but who knew that watching your paranoia, that I could jump out of anywhere, grow would be so fun to me~”

 

His words only made his blood boil; he tried to pry himself off of the ropes, wanting to jump on the old man but it only made him chuckle, amused by Joon’s reaction. He turned around to look at the other boy as he called him out.

 

“Tell me, Hyunseung!”

 

“Y-yes father?”

 

“Is Seonya worth saving?”

 

“I-I don’t understand…”

 

“Do you think she will be any more use to me or should I just kill her-” He turned his head to look back at Joon as he finished his words. “- the same way I killed Stefanie? What do you think? How about we go back down memory lane for a little bit?”

 

Hyunseung turned his head to look at Seonya, but all he could see was her slowly falling out of consciousness; he gulped down as he tried to regulate his breathing. While his father was still looking towards Joon, he took this chance to turn off he cold water, bringing it back to its normal temperature.

 

The moment he turned his back to the front, a sudden gun shot was heard and the next thing he saw was Hyun Su’s body falling straight down on the floor. It took him a moment to realize what just happened but once he heard some groans echoing through the warehouse, his gaze fell on G.O, looking at him slowly move with his eyes wide open in shock.

 

Hyunseung was frozen on the spot as he watched him crawl his way to Joon while he was trying to get out of his ropes. Once he reached his feet, he pulled himself up and untied his friend, letting the cords fall on the floor; as he was free, he turned his head to Hyunseung who looked back at him, still frozen but once he saw him coming straight to him, he met Joon halfway and went in for a punch only to get knocked down on the floor.

 

While they were fighting, this left G.O to limp his way to the tank; once he stood at a good distance, he lifted his gun and started shooting against the glass several times until cracks were visible. With one last bullet hitting straight into one of the cracks, the glass was left disfigured only to be shattered in the next second, letting the water wave out of the tank along with a knocked out Seonya following the trail.

 

He rushed towards her, ignoring the pain that was shooting through out his body and fell down on his knees by her side. Throwing his gun away, he gently started to tap her cheeks to try to wake her up; from there he leaned his ear against her chest to hear the sound of her heart beating but got nothing.

 

“, don’t die on me now, Seonya.”

 

He went for the obvious ‘mouth-to-mouth’ in the hopes that he wasn’t too late.

 

One by one, seconds passed; his movements became more urgent, leaving his fear to take the better of him. As he kept calling out her name, the worry in his voice became more apparent and shaky. The moment he slowly pulled away, she suddenly started coughing out the water from her lungs making G.O breathe out in relief.

 

She flipped her body with her palms against the floor as she kept on coughing before loudly breathing, placing herself on her knees. She turned her head to look at G.O, still left speechless, and suddenly found herself in his embrace as he was tightly hugging her with his arms around her, still ignoring the pain from his wounds.

 

With her chin on his shoulder, she had the view from what was going on behind them and recognized Hyunseung and Joon fighting against each other.

 

She tried to speak out and beg them to stop, but she wasn’t able to voice anything.

 

She slowly pushed herself away from G.O and got up on her feet while she hasn’t looked away from the scene in front of her. She was about to make her way to them when G.O grabbed her arm to pull her away against him. “L-let me go!”

 

Pushing herself off, she looked at him one last time before turning away and looking back at Joon pointing a gun straight at Hyunseung, ready to pull the trigger.

 

“STOP! STOP FIGHTING!”

 

The yelling reached all three men leaving the silence to roam around them, just then did she realize that she was the one that spoke out loud.

 

From Joon to Hyunseung, she kept staring at them suddenly left with not knowing what to do, but when her eyes landed back on Hyunseung, she could hear her heart slightly break. She slowly walked up to him as he did the same, meeting her half way. Once they were close enough, she looked him in the eyes and wasn’t able to recognize the men that broke her heart: all she could see was a defenseless and a broken man needing comfort.

 

She took a step closer towards him and gently placed her hands on each side of his face before leaning in closer to place a soft kiss on his lips. She felt him tightly hugging her as his arms went around her figure, pulling her closer to him. This lasted for a few seconds before she pulled away and leaned her forehead against his while looking down with him looking at her.

 

“I’m so sorry Seonya…”

 

“It’s okay, I forgive you… I know it wasn’t your fault.”

 

She looked back up at him and stared at him straight in the eyes. Despite being in love with Joon, she never stopped loving Hyunseung. Even after he betrayed her, a part of her heart was still beating for him and in this moment, she was willing to throw everything away to go with him wherever he wanted.

 

Being in his embrace brought back so many memories, she could feel the faint warmth creep up inside her, letting chills run down her skin.

 

She never thought that the feelings running inside her heart would be able to see the light of day as they escaped through her lips with a soft tone reaching her ex.

 

“Do you want to go to London with me?”

 

“L-London?” He looked at her in shock as he was grasping her words one by one. “Y-you want me to come with you?”

 

“Mhmm… Please…”

 

They were so caught up into their own little bubble, they haven’t paid attention to the rest of the boys coming in as they suddenly stop in their tracks, left speechless at what they had in front of them and as they were staring at the couple, nobody had noticed the slight movement coming from Hyun Su.

 

And from there, everything escalated only for Seonya to find herself lying on her knees with Hyunseung in her arms as she burst into tears with blood staining their clothes. Another gun shot was heard and this time, Joon was the one that had pointed it straight at Hyun Su as the bullet landed straight on his forehead, making him fall back on the ground.

 

“H-Hyunseung?”

 

She pushed some strands of his hair as she let the back of her hand follow the trail of his cheek. She called him out once again trying to make him open his eyes; with no response, she leaned over and kissed him softly hoping that it would do the trick. “Please wake up… You need to wake up, you have to be alright. Hyunseung, don’t leave me...”

 

She saw him slowly move as he reached for his pocket and pulled out a small box; she quickly reached for it and opened it to see two golden rings. She quietly gasped in surprise and was left speechless at his gesture, knowing what those rings represented.

 

“You idiot… You have to wake up to propose to me; I need you to ask me. Take it back and ask me.”

 

She didn’t know why he couldn’t speak when she was staring at him straight in the eyes. She softly his cheek as she leaned back down once again to place another kiss, this time lingering a little bit longer. “I’m still in love with you… I never stopped loving you and I need you to love me back – I can’t be on my own, I need y-you… I n-need you.”

 

Her tears kept rolling down her cheeks as she tightly gripped onto the rings while hiding her face against his chest. She felt his hand on her back making her look up to hear him say that he still loved her.

 

“Then don’t leave me, I need you, you know I can’t be on my own… P-please-”

 

She looked up to see the boys staring back at her with sadness in their eyes; she found herself looking at G.O and begged him for his help but even at that, she knew that it wouldn’t have changed anything. She gripped tighter onto her wounded ex, feeling like if she was going to let go that he was going to slip away.

 

She looked back at him as she placed herself face to face, hovering above him. She wiped the tears that had stained his cheeks and placed her forehead against his as she shut her eyes, not able to control herself from crying out. She leaned in closer and pressed her lips against his, giving him his last kiss before she felt his hand that was still on her back fall down.

 

Pulling herself away, she started shaking her head in disbelief. “Why did you have to s-save me? Why did you have to put yourself in his way when you couldn’t just pushed yourself out!” She hit on his chest with her fist, letting anger get swept up in her tears.

 

She felt herself being pushed away resulting into fighting back from whoever was pulling her.

 

“Let me go! Don’t touch me! HYUNSEUNG!”

 

She was soon brought up against someone’s chest as arms were wrapped around her body, tightly holding her. For a moment she thought it was him but once she breathed in, the familiar scent followed trail making her look up to see Joon to be the one holding onto her.

 

“W-why? Why does it hurt so much? Joon… Why does love hurt this much?”

 

“I wish I knew… I’m sorry…”

 

Same question, same answer; nothing changed.

 

She hid her face against his chest and closed her eyes, trying to picture her last happy memory by her boyfriend’s side but all she got was the endless pain of losing him, which made it hard for her to breathe.

 

“Everything will get better… I promise.”

 

Joon tried to find the words to soothe her pain but nothing better than what he just said came out. He knew exactly how it felt and even after all this time, the faint ache of losing his wife was still there.

 

“Let’s get you out of here.”

 

Without putting much of a fight, he lifted her up in his arms and walked away as he followed the others who were on their way out of the warehouse.

 

“What do we do now?”

 

“It’s over… We do whatever the hell we want.”

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes

Okay, hmm... First of all, Hyunseung wasn't suppose to be dead(i think?); second of all, he wasn't suppose to actually fall in love with Seonya and third of all, her dad was suppose to be alive... None of these happened and I seriously don't even remember why... I guess I got to carried away, hehe >.<

 

P.S - For the interested, here's the new Cheondung story I'll be starting soon :)

 

Lots of love, xo