Come Away With Me

Hello Cold World III: I Only Want to Dance With You
Come Away With Me
Come away with me and we'll kiss on a mountaintop. Come away with me and I'll never stop loving you.
 
 

The dim blue light was glowing like the moon around the dance floor, letting the surrounding in a complete darkness while the couple were dancing their way through a smooth waltz. The white gown flowing around her body with their every pirouette on the dance floor; the gentleness of his touch and the agility of their dance steps as they moved from one side to the other were accompanied by the music flowing, like they did, floating over the stage.

 

King and Queen of their own world, she had her eyes set on her partner with a smile showing a glint of happiness. She could feel her skin slowly starting to heat up every time his hands were on her skin making her heart beat stronger against her chest. The little electric shock made her breathe heavier with her mind losing focus on the present as she went back to thinking about her night with him, letting the tingle she had felt in that moment run its course through her veins.

 

With the calmness that was the melody playing around them, the spot of blue light that was shining above them made the little performance more intimate, creating various emotions from one heart to the other, from longing and desire to jealousy and possessiveness.

 

The overwhelming sensation barely lasted as applause were heard from around them, making Seonya come back into reality when she realized that she was actually dancing with her partner from the dance troupe and not with Joon, letting a sudden feeling of emptiness sway around her. With the dance floor being in the middle of the venue and tables all around, they bowed to the four corners of the room to the fancy guests in awe and they made their way off the stage, letting the next couple perform their dance number.

 

With her eyes quickly glancing in front of her, she saw Joon with his eyes staring at her as if his look was piercing through her soul, cutting her breath short. Holding it in, she skipped her way out of the crowd and went straight to the small hallway at the end of the venue, walking to the girl’s dressing room before closing the door behind her.

 

She leaned her back against it and let out her breath while closing her eyes. Taking a moment to herself, she backed away from the door and walked to her dresser, taking off her make-up and re-doing her hair before changing out of her gown to wear the dress she bought for the charity event she was at.

 

The charity was to support the arts, inviting rich guests from all around Seoul to come and invest with the delight of performances from the students of the best schools in town and surprisingly enough, she found out that it was the same event where the enemy was at meaning that her uncle and the rest of the boys were here as well; learning that things might go down angered her pretty much since it was the same night where she had her meeting with Mr. Whitmore about her contract in his academy.

 

A part of her was happy to see progress for her future carrier, but at the same time the other part was mostly afraid since danger wasn’t too far away. She had to stay on guard in case things go the wrong way and it stressed her more.

 

Why was Hyun Su even here? She didn’t know.

 

Nobody knew why.

 

She was about to take off her gown when something caught her attention behind some props and closed curtains just a few feet away from her. She slowly walked towards there and slid the curtain open only to find herself with a gun pointed towards her, making her gasp out of shock and fear.

 

The door to the dressing room opened and she turned her back to see Hyun Su walking with a smug look across his face.

 

“Such a wonderful performance!”

 

“What do you want?” She tried to sound severe as she fisted her hand by the side of her body and looked at the older man with an angry look on her face. He chuckled at her state and shook his head.

 

“I’m just here for the arts, my dear; I just love the arts.”

 

“If so, the show is outside. Not here.”

 

“I know, but my favorite dancer is right here, in front of me.”

 

“Get. Out.”

 

The snicker across his lips sent cold chills down her spine and saw a simple nod from his head, as if he was signaling something to the man behind her. She suddenly had an arm wrapped around her neck, the gun pressed up against the side of her forehead with the other man coming closer to her, taking his time to step up to her.

 

“So, have you thought about our deal?-”

 

“There’s no way in hell I’ll agree to this.”

 

“Really? Should I send you another warning then?”

 

“Another warning?”

 

“Well of course my dear! I mean you escaped from me the first time; you refuse to obey to my rules and I may have to break your legs. It would be a pity for your London contract, don’t you think?”

 

She looked at him with her eyes wide open, left in shock about what he had just said. “H-how do y-you know about London?”

 

“I know a lot about my victims; let’s just say it’s a way to properly bring them down.”

 

“Do you think that blackmailing me will work?”

 

“Yes, and you’ll see why.” He winked at her making her cringe and found herself out of the built body’s grasp making her properly breathe again.

 

She saw him walking out of the dressing room with the door shutting closed behind both of them, leaving her to dwell on the sudden shock by herself. She turned around, facing the mirror and once she lifted her head up, she was looking at the mirror of her dresser making her break down with tears down her cheeks, within the next second.

 

 

Back to the crowd of people, the boys were spread out across the room, watching the dance performances made by the classmate of Seonya’s school.

 

The little spectacle was reaching its end and there was still no sign of the ballerina around.

 

With the last performance over, the dance floor was completely clear with the guests starting to take their places at their assigned tables and the music from the band started to play while the meals were starting to be served.

 

As for the group, they took their own place at their table, not wanting to look suspicious to the public eye. As they were settled on one side of the room, they looked around and spotted Hyun Su on the other side of the room who was sipping on his glass of champagne and acknowledge their presence by lifting his drink in cheers with the cynical smirk on his face.

 

Seeing this, Joon clenched his jaw as he fisted his hands, trying to control himself from completely losing it in a public place. He took several deep breath to calm himself down and once he felt his emotions settle down, he looked away and back on its table letting his hunger take place inside his stomach.

 

With this, time passed by with the clinging of glasses, laughter and various chit-chats all around, leaving the group to slowly relax as they tried to enjoy the evening that was ahead of them without any trouble at all.

 

The main course over, couples started to get up from their seats as they were headed towards the dance floor. With the band’s music in the background, they started to dance letting some of them join them while other started to talk business, whatsoever was the content.

 

As for Joon, his gaze was fixed on the dance floor until someone caught his eyes, leaving him frozen in his seat.

 

Standing on the other side of the room, Seonya had just come out from the little hallway looking more beautiful than ever. Her tan beige dress was perfectly molding the curves of her body with the look-alike pearls covering the upper part until feathers look-alike were surrounding the lower part of her dress, leaving it barely trailing on the floor.

 

She was standing still and looking around until her gaze landed on Joon, a shy smile appearing across her lips. Unable to look away, he felt his heart skip a beat and a sudden spark rushed across his veins making the familiar sensation wake up from inside of him. He was left in complete admiration at her appearance and couldn’t deny that it did something to him; he wanted her. A sudden enticement roaming inside of him pushed his sanity out of the way only to let his heart pump out the feelings through his blood stream, elevating the beating of his heart.

 

He was left breathless with the elegance that was emanating from around her, making everything around him go mute just so he could solely focus on her presence.

 

He could feel the small hole of his heart slowly warm up and it made him act; he wanted to do something about it because it somehow made him feel good.

 

He slowly got up from his seat while fixing his tie, planning on walking across the room to sweep her off her feet. As he was about to move, she suddenly got out of his sight with an older woman standing in front of him making him sigh in defeat.

 

He watched the conversation that was going on between the ballerina and the older woman with the arrival of an old looking man, greeting the girl.

 

This went on for a few more minutes until she got herself snatched away by none other than G.O, creating a hint of jealousy inside of him quickly clenching and unclenching his jaw.

 

“How about a dance, princess?”

 

She chuckled at G.O's silliness and placed her hand in his as he lead her to the dance floor. He placed his other arm around her waist while she had her hand gently placed on his shoulders with their hands still joint together, engaging in a traditional waltz with other couples also dancing around them.

 

A curious look was painted across G.O’s face as he looked at Seonya, catching her attention. “So, what was that all about?”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“I heard you talk with the older man about some academy in London?”

 

“Oh… yea… Hmm, he was offering me a contract after graduation…”

 

“I guess congratulations are an order.”

 

“I guess…”

 

“You don’t seem happy about it.”

 

“I am, it’s just…”

 

“You’re not sure if you want to go, right?”

 

“Mhmm. I don’t know why I’m hesitant though; it’s everything I’ve ever wanted. The company is the biggest ballet in the country and he came to see me of all people-”

 

“It means that you’re worth it Seonya, take this chance; accept the offer.”

 

“I’ll think about it…” Still dancing in his arms, she glanced to the side and saw Joon staring at her making her heart beat a little bit faster. Noticing the sudden stiffness in her body, he glanced at the side and knew who she was looking at. He turned his head back to her and leaned over to her ear, whispering to her. “Don’t let Joon get to you.”

 

She looked at him, surprised with his words and try to brush it off by saying that he wasn’t getting to her. G.O chuckled and smiled at her. “He is… I see the way you look at him. You’re falling for him, aren’t you?”

 

She didn’t say anything but faintly nodded.

 

“Seonya, don’t worry about him. I know he feels the same way, he’s just… scared.”

 

“Of what?”

 

“It’s a long story and it turned him like this-”

 

“You mean that he wasn’t like this before?”

 

“No, something bad happened and he wasn’t able to move on from it.”

 

She turned her head back to the side and couldn’t see Joon anymore. She let out a breath and turned her head back to G.O who looked back at her with his heart breaking. “Tell me what to do because I don’t think I can handle being rejected by him if I ever tell him how I feel. It’s hard enough to forget about Hyunseung but with Joon… the pain just seems more… powerful.”

 

“I don’t know what to say to make you feel better… I’m sorry.” He placed a small kiss on her forehead before parting from her, walking out of the dance floor.

 

Leaving him, she made her way to the restroom until some faint voices coming from the kitchen caught her attention. She quietly walked there and recognized one of the voices, being her ex’s. The door was slightly opened, making her peak through the crack and saw the boy slip a one hundred dollar bill into one of the waiter’s jacket pocket after putting in a substance into a champagne glass, singled out on a platter. Hearing his words coming out of his mouth, she gasped out and quickly walked away, back to the crowd while looking for Joon.

 

She started walking and kept turning around and as she did so, she saw the same waiter walking around. She followed his movements until she saw him walking towards Joon. She quickly stepped her way to him and the moment Joon was about to take his drink, she quickly caught it into her own hands and drank it in one go, leaving both men slightly confused on what just happened.

 

She placed the glass back on the platter and thanked the waiter before grabbing onto Joon’s hand and leading him to the dance floor.

 

She saw the waiter walk away and paid her attention back to Joon who was looking at her with a certain depth in his eyes making her heart flutter. “H-hi…”

 

“You look beautiful.”

 

“Thank you, you don’t look bad yourself~”

 

She smiled at him making him lightly chuckle as he looked down for a split second before looking back up at her. His arm around her waist, his other hand holding hers while she had her hand placed on his shoulder, she went for another round of traditional waltz while letting herself gaze at him, no words coming out of their lips.

 

The more they looked at each other, the slower their dance steps were becoming. He was so focused on her, he was starting to forget what he was doing at the moment, letting himself fall for her.

 

He leaned in closer until his lips were barely touching hers and was about to kiss her when he felt her grip in his hand loosened. He slightly backed away and found her head pressed against his collarbone, slowly slipping away from him.

 

“Seonya?”

 

Slight panic took over him when he saw that she wasn’t answering him. She was barely holding onto him anymore making him kneel down the floor with her body against him as he was holding onto her, still calling out her name.

 

“Yah, Seonya; wake up!”

 

The sudden outburst caught the public’s attention with the murmurings turning louder along with their curiosity. A circle was forming around them, trying to see what was going on and only saw a young man trying to wake up an unconscious girl.

 

She was starting to have a nose bleed making Joon curse and quickly reacted by lifting her up in his arms and pushed the people away while he was heading straight for the entrance with the rest of the group following behind. The public was left with where they were standing, leaving the area in complete silence at the turns of events.

 

From the corner of the room, Hyunseung saw everything and was left with a heavy heart seeing his love rescued by his nemesis.

 

‘Seonya… What did you do?’

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes

Dum dum dum! She actually drank that glass! Instead of throwing it away or even telling Joon about it, she just drank the champagne! O.o

Foolish or not? In the other hand, she did save Joon's life~

 

Lots of love, xo