I Ain't Going Home Tonight

Hello Cold World III: I Only Want to Dance With You
I Ain't Going Home Tonight
 
 
 

She got help to get back up on her feet with a faint dizziness taking over her state making her vision a little bit blurry, but quickly shook it off.

 

“We should take you to the hospital-”

 

“I’m fine, don’t w-worry.”

 

“Seonya, listen to me, please.”

 

She looked up to G.O’s concern eyes and only nodded her head. He turned to look at Seungho who was standing behind her and asked him if he could bring her to their doctor while the rest of them would try to talk some sense into Joon.

 

“Can you please take care of her?”

 

“Sure, just make sure that Jae Hwa and Leo don’t know what went on. The little boy can’t see his father like that.”

 

“Mhmm.”

 

They separated their way with Seungho taking Seonya to his car where the ride to the hospital was a quiet one.

 

Once they were there, he quickly brought her to the doctor’s office and waited until he appeared where he took care of her wounds starting from the small cut from the graze of Joon’s bullet to cleaning the bruise from her forehead.

 

Done with the hospital, they were already back inside Seungho’s car and on their way back to the mansion, still without exchanging a single word to each other.

 

From his side, he would steal glances to see if she was alright while she was staring at the window’s seat, falling into oblivion; with what happened earlier, he could somehow relate to what she was going through as he tried to find the best way to break the ice.

 

A few minutes had passed and he parked his car in the driveway, turning it off. He stayed still for a moment before turning his head to look at Seonya while she was looking down her lap, feeling lost.

 

“We understand why you did what you did… You shouldn’t blame yourself for what happened-”

 

“Of course I should… I’m at fault here – I mean I’ve risked all of your lives just for a stupid lie… I should’ve known that he was lying to me about my father…”

 

“Don’t be too hard on yourself, it’s not going to change anything, anyways. At least everyone is safe now.”

 

She lifted her head to look at him and turned to look at the house, contemplating on his words. From there, she got out of the car and made her way inside the mansion, leaving Seungho on his same spot with a breath of defeat coming out of him.

 

Back inside, Seonya had climbed up the stairs and went to her room as she took out her suitcase from the closet and started packing her stuff.

 

She decided to leave, knowing that it would be better for everyone if she was simply out of the way. To her, Hyun Su wasn’t after her anymore since she gave him what he wanted and now that he’s after the boy, though it was breaking her heart, she couldn’t stay here; she doesn’t need to anymore.

 

Once she was done, she picked up her stuff and quietly walked out of the bedroom, closing the door behind her before heading for the stairs. She pondered over whether to tell someone that she was leaving, but thinking it over, she thought it would be best not to cause another spectacle; she walked down the stairs and once she was in front of the main door, she took one last look behind her before quietly walking out.

 

She wasn’t going far, she simply decided to go back to her old house, despite how lonely it could be with her being the only one to live inside.

 

She climbed up inside her car and drove away without looking back and quickly drove away from the driveway and back on the streets as she made her turn to the right to go back to her old home.

 

Nobody had known about her departure until Joon was the one to find her room empty. He gave it a quick look around and noticed that every drawer was empty making him to the conclusion that she was indeed gone.

 

A part of him was kind of happy that she wasn’t here anymore, his anger taking the better of him; the other part was rather conflicted on whether he was sad or just numb about his emotions. The mix that was floating inside of him made his thoughts more of a mess than it ever was but the only clear thing that was lingering in his mind was the simple fact that she could’ve harmed his only son and it pissed him off.

 

Putting the love he feels for her aside, he didn’t want to forgive her because he felt like he has been betrayed and it ached his heart. He went through so much in the last six years and he felt like he was finally ready to move on and to love again, but having this kind of bomb thrown at him just blew everything apart, bringing him back to square one where his main goal was to get revenge and to protect his family.

 

No matter the cost.

 

Was he too hard on her? Frankly, he didn’t care. She knew how important all of this was for him and yet, she had betrayed him.

 

He couldn’t trust her anymore.

 

Everything inside of him was broken, letting the cold in his heart take over for just a single second until he heard the voice of his little boy from behind him as he called out to his father.

 

Joon turned around and at the sight, smiled when he noticed the smile on Leo’s face.

 

 

The news of her departure quickly traveled leaving G.O to go after her, in the hopes that he would be able to convince her to come back.

 

His hopes weren’t high, but he was still praying for something positive to come out of what he was about to do.

 

Standing in front of her front porch, he rang her doorbell and waited for a few minutes before he heard the door unlocking from the other side, revealing a messy looking Seonya. She stood still for a moment, the breath stuck in as she blinked her eyes before lightly shaking her head, regaining her focus.

 

“G.O? What are you doing here?”

 

“I came to see you…”

 

“I think its better if you leave-”

 

“I’m not moving until you let me in.” He gave her a look of determination as she stared at him. She dropped her head on the floor, holding in her emotions and looked back up at him, pushing herself out of the way to let him in.

 

He stepped inside and she left him hanging there as she walked out on him, disappearing from his sight. He tried to catch up to her but decided to do otherwise, thinking that if he pushes her too much, she might break.

 

He closed the door behind him and followed her trail until he stepped into the living room where he found her sitting on her couch with a blanket covering her while she was staring at the TV screen, probably watching some show he didn’t know about.

 

He took a seat next to her and gave a quick glance at the TV before turning his head to look at her; he placed his hand above hers and softly the back of her hand before she roughly pulled herself away, without even giving him a glance.

 

“Can you please just leave? I don’t feel like having company right now.”

 

“I told you that I’m not leaving you-”

 

“You will… eventually.” Mumbling out her last words, she got up from the couch and once again, walked out on him leaving him as he watched her go with a sigh escaping his lips. He knew how hard things were on her but he just wished that she would talk to him, vent her anger out instead of keeping it bottled up inside.

 

“You got to stop beating yourself up!”

 

He got up from his seat as he saw her stop in her tracks, her head low while she was tightly clutching onto the blanket that was wrapped around her. She tried to suppress the tears from falling out, feeling like she was going to break down any time now. She felt him stand behind her as he gently placed his hands on her shoulders, squeezing them for reassurance.

 

She turned around to face him and the simple look of sadness he was giving her made her burst out in tears. He quickly took her in his arms as he hugged her tightly against his chest while she hid her face, gripping onto his shirt.

 

Seeing her in pain always broke his heart and it pained him more because he didn’t know what to do to make things better for her; all he could promise to her was to stay by her side and give her the comfort she needs.

 

He doesn’t know why she got dragged into this or what was even her purpose from the beginning but now there was no turning back. She had everything she’s ever held onto taken away from her and he wanted to make sure that she wouldn’t follow; he didn’t know what was going to happen next but all he cared about for the moment was to take her pain away.

 

She tripped over and she needed help to get up; if he was going to be the one doing it, he wasn’t going to hesitate.

 

“I-If you still want to leave for London… I’ll come with you…”

 

She pulled herself away to look at him, slightly shocked at his proposal. Every fiber in her being told her to accept his offer so she could just push everything aside and try to forget the pain she’s been drowning in for the past months that seemed endless.

 

“What about the others?”

 

“They’ll understand.”

 

“I have my final exam for graduation tomorrow though-”

 

“Then we’ll leave tomorrow night, how does that sound?”

 

“You would really abandon everything just to help me?”

 

“Yes. Like I said, you’re family and you matter to me. I’ll get you out of here.” He placed a soft kiss on her forehead as he had cupped her cheeks to wipe her tears away. Looking back at her, she quickly nodded her head as a ‘yes’ to his offer and hugged him back, hiding her face in the crook of his neck.

 

“Thank you.”

 

 

Surprisingly enough, she was able to sleep through the night and had all the energy she needed for her last day at her school, which would ultimately lead her up to her future carrier in London.

 

With G.O leaving to go back to his place and let his uncle know about his leave, she left on her own as she drove her way to her school, trying to put aside the stress of her final exam into the back of her head.

 

Within the next hour, she parked her car in front of the building, walked inside and went straight up to the floor of her classroom where she signed in for her presence and received a number, meaning that she had to wait in line for her turn. Going back into the hallway, she followed the other dancers as they sprawled out across with some of them chitchatting about their future while others were stretching their muscles.

 

She went to the complete back of the hallway and busied herself until her turn was next, to which she had to wait at least two hours, taking this chance to review her routine inside her head while stretching out her body.

 

One by one, the line was advancing towards the entrance of her classroom with the new graduates coming out after their examination, slowly rising the nervous feeling she had in the pit of her stomach.

 

The moment she was the next to go inside, she took in a deep breath and calmed herself down, putting all her focus into the dance routine, which would earn her right to be part of London’s finest dance academy.

 

‘Here we go…’

 

She stepped inside, stood in front of her teacher and introduced herself as well as presenting the concept of her routine and the backstory behind it. Once she got the green light, she prepared her music and stood in the middle of the classroom, in position, ready to start.

 

When her teacher deemed ready, the music started to play and that’s when everything around Seonya stopped moving.

 

The music slowly filled her up with the way she was moving, letting the melody travel through her veins, the power and emotions speaking out. In that moment, though she was focused on getting a good grade, she couldn’t help herself but fall back into the part of her mind that imaged her dancing with Joon, before everything got destroyed between them.

 

With every second that was left, she could stop but think about that night they spent together and how happy she had felt after so long of being in pain, but knowing that she was the one that caused them to end, the ache in her heart was burning her even deeper.

 

With the three minutes over, she suddenly stopped as she was brought back from her trance and shuffled her way back to stand in front of her teacher as she looked down on the floor, holding in her tears.

 

“This was by far the best performance I’ve seen from you since you started here. I could really see the emotion and the passion in your movements, I was really touched. The determination you put out through the years shows me that you will be one of the best dancers out there, and I must say, I’m really proud of you Seonya.”

 

She lifted her head up to look at her teacher and bowed as she thanked her. As she got her final grade, she thanked the woman once again after having, now, graduated lifting of that weight off her shoulders.

 

As she walked out of the classroom, she quickly picked up her stuff and changed into her ‘street’ clothes before picking up her phone to call G.O and let him know that she was done and that she was going to make her way back to her house.

 

Placing her phone inside her pocket, she picked up her bag and walked out of the building with a satisfactory smile on her face, finally feeling like she closed one chapter of her life to start a new one in a different place.

 

But thinking about that part, she felt like this chapter was somehow incomplete and it made her think about the way she was going to end things with the rest of the boys and even with Hyunseung.

 

She shook her thoughts away and was making her way to her car when she suddenly saw a black car appearing out of nowhere as it parked right in front of her, revealing two suited men as they barged out of the vehicle to take a hold of her, ignoring the stares of the public as well as her cry for help.

 

Roughly grabbing onto her, they shoved her back inside the back seat and the car drove away as fast as it came, not giving any care about the other passengers on the streets or the other cars around them, disappearing out of the public’s eyes.

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes

She, indeed, isn't going back home... I'm smelling trouble~ ;)

 

Lots of love, xo