Are We There Yet?

Hello Cold World III: I Only Want to Dance With You
Are We There Yet?
Epilogue
 
 

Two Years Later

London, England

 

A Midsummer Night’s Dream was playing at the London Theatre, in celebration of one of Shakespeare’s finest plays.

 

With the minutes growing closer towards the curtains dropping, the familiar nervous feeling inside Seonya’s stomach was growing stronger and wider. It was finally her first show after having joined the company and even got her lead role, which put much more pressure than she would’ve liked.

 

She was patiently waiting inside her dressing room as she took a last look at herself in front of her mirror before hearing a soft knock on her door. “Come in!”

 

She turned around and smiled seeing G.O coming in.

 

“Byunghee! What are you doing here?”

 

“I came to see how you were doing.”

 

“I’m nervous… What if I completely out there?”

 

“You won’t, don’t worry; Like I said you got accepted and got the lead role for a reason. You will do great!”

 

He gently patted the top of her head as she let a giggle escape from his positive boost of courage. She thanked him before they got interrupted by the PD letting her know that they were going to be on in less than sixty seconds.

 

“I guess its my cue~”

 

“And once tonight is over, I’m taking you out to celebrate!”

 

“You’re too good for me Byunghee.”

 

“Well, we all know you deserve some pampering.” He showed her a soft smile as he leaned in to place a quick peck on her cheek before leading her towards the rest of the dancers as they walked out of her dressing room.

 

“I’ll go take my seat; good luck!”

 

She waved him goodbye as she watched him leave and turned back to the others as she made her way towards the stage and placed herself into position, waiting for the curtains to drop and start her show.

 

‘3, 2, 1… Here we go.’

 

 

“J-Joon? What are you doing here?”

 

As she was taking off her make up with the show over, she spotted a familiar figure through the mirror of her vanity; with her breath stuck in , she froze onto her spot as she stared at the man standing by the entrance of her dressing room.

 

She slowly turned around and dropped what she was holding back on the table before getting up from her stool and stood still, not able to look away from him.

 

“I-I’m not dreaming, am I?”

 

“I don’t think you are~” One corner of his lips stretched into a smile making her heart beat increasingly fast. She slowly took her steps towards him, which made him do the same until they were both standing in front of each other.

 

“Hi…”

 

He chuckled at her sudden shyness and greeted her back while gently her cheek with the back of his hand. “You look good.”

 

“So do you…”

 

She didn’t know what it was, but there was just something about him that put her in awe at his appearance; maybe it was because she hasn’t seen him for two years that something changed, or maybe it was just because he was aging like any normal person but somehow, it didn’t seem like it was that.

 

Something was definitely different and whatever it was, it looked good on him.

 

“How is the London life treating you?”

 

“It’s good… At least I have Byunghee with me, so everything’s good…”

 

“Ah, yea…” He scratched the back of his neck as he look down while placing his free hand inside his pocket. Was it a little jealousy that she could see? It made her lightly smile at him, thinking that he was somehow bothered by how close she became with his friend. “… I guess you guys grew close since… you know…”

 

“Mhmm… He’s been great. He’s just the big brother I needed.”

 

From the ground, he lifted his head up to look at her, a small wave of relief washing over him at placing G.O as a brother and nothing more; it gave him hope.

 

“Speaking of him, have you seen him?”

 

“O-oh, yea, he’s with Leo keeping him company.”

 

“Ah, I see…” She lightly nods her head and turns around as she made her way back to her table, leaving him standing in his spot. Looking over her shoulder, he noticed the two golden rings that were hanging at the bottom of the mirror, making him gulp down as he drop his head to look at the floor.

 

“Seonya? What does that make me? Us?”

 

“Huh?” She turned around to look at him, surprised by his question as she tried to understand where he was going with this.

 

“If G.O is your brother and Hyuns-… Him was- you still have those rings so I guess-”

 

“Joon, he’s always going to be a part of me, just like you are. He was my first love so of course he’s going to be meaning something to me… It’s like you and Stefanie, right?”

 

“Y-yea… Sorry.”

 

“Don’t be, its okay.” She walked back to him, making him look at her as she placed her hand by his cheek, gaining his full attention. “But it doesn’t mean that he is gone that I should stop living my life, or loving someone… I’m always going to love him… But… But I still haven’t forgotten about you.”

 

He leaned in closer and placed his lips right over hers before she made the move of kissing him as she softly moved her lips against his.

 

She was going to pull away when he took a hold of her and kissed her again, with more depth, which cut her breath short.

 

He slowly broke the kiss as his lips lingered over hers before leaning his forehead against hers, still not letting go of her. He whispered tenderly making her look at him, feeling heat creeping up to her cheeks.

 

“Seonya… I want to know what I am to you… Do you think– are we there yet?”

 

The glimpse of hope that she saw in his eyes made her want to say yes but the word just didn’t want to come out. Was she afraid that it would end like last time? That they would give it a try and not work out like she would have wanted too?

 

Something was stopping her and as much as she wanted too say yes, a part of her was still on that recovery road, she still hasn’t forgotten what happened before she moved here and it took a lot to overcome the endless nightmares that came to haunt her every night.

 

She thought about Hyunseung, as she looked back down, and thought about what kind of life she would’ve lived right now if it wasn’t for meeting Joon.

 

“Maybe we are, I don’t know yet…” She took hold of his hands that were by her cheeks and pulled them down as she squeezed them tightly before looking back up at him. “How about sticking around for a while and see where we go from here?”

 

He smiled at her proposal while he laced his fingers with hers, bringing them up to his lips and placed a kiss on the back of her hand making her quietly giggle.

 

“I’d love too.”

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes

And voila, the end!

I gave it an open ending compared to the other two versions because of the way things turned out between Joon and Seonya; I thought that if she ever said 'yes' it would be too quick between them. 

 

Anways~ hopefully you guys enjoyed this story even though I had to restart it from scratch in the beginning >.<

The comments are what kept me updating the story so thank you sooooo much for those who supported the story <3

And also a BIG thank you to the uptoves and the subscriptions, the support meant a lot to me :) it was rough but we got there :)

 

It was rough but we got there, thanks again <3

 

Lots of love, xoxo