Impromptu

Hello Cold World III: I Only Want to Dance With You
Impromptu
 
 
 

The hot night she spent with her boyfriend was soon over with the sudden ring of her phone by her night table, waking her up early in the morning. A low groan escaping from , she slowly sat up in bed and picked up the device to see that her uncle was calling.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Looks like I woke you up.”

 

“Yea, you did; j-just call back later, okay? I had a very, very long night-”

 

“Yea, I didn’t need to know that.”

 

She lightly chuckled while rubbing her eyes and went back to talking to her uncle by asking him at what time he was going to pick her up. “How about at 10am? It gives you two hours to prepare.”

 

“Perfect! See you then!” She quickly hung up and placed her phone back on the night table before laying back in bed only to realize that her boyfriend wasn’t there. She was about to get up when she saw him walking back inside her bedroom, shirtless.

 

“Good morning~” He jumped on the bed next to her as she sat back up, covering herself with the sheets. “Good morning to you too.” A small peck on the lips, she pulled him back against the mattress, which ended up with having him hover above her. She played with some strands of his hair while he stared at her until he spoke out words that caught her attention and made her blush.

 

“I love you, you know that?”

 

“Mhmm, I love you too.” Lightly cupping her cheek she pulled him closer to kiss him once again.

 

“At what time are you leaving?”

 

“He’s suppose to pick me up around 10 so we have two hours left, which means that I need to pack up and go take a shower and eat before he comes.” Once she got up from the bed with the sheets covering her body, she quickly got her arm pulled back making her gently crash against Hyunseung’s chest as he slowly wrapped his arms around her.

 

“Why don’t I help you with that shower, mhmm?”

 

 

10am and she was already insides Ji-Hoon’s car as he drove her back to his place.

 

The ride was a pretty quiet one with the older one focusing on the road while Seonya had her eyes on the view from the window’s seat.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Turning her head to look at her uncle, she showed him a faint smile while nodding her head and looked back at the window as she closed her eyes.

 

It’s been at least five years since the last time she came down the road that led to her uncle’s house. For some reason, the weekly visits with her father to the mansion were abruptly cut off and she never really knew why; when she asked, she never got a proper answer.

 

It’s only when her father disappeared that her uncle reappeared in her life, right around the time she met Hyunseung. She should’ve been happy about it but it only reminded her that she was on her own and that both of her parents were gone from her life.

 

This brought her back to the night before her father disappeared; the night where they were planning a weekend trip outside of town in celebration for her upcoming birthday that she ended up not celebrating the week after because of the circumstances she fell into.

 

“We’re here~”

 

She quickly wiped off the tears that were in the corner of her eyes and lifted her head back up to see that they were getting closer to the big house as he had just entered in the driveway. Once he parked his car, she quickly jumped out and took her bag as she placed it over her shoulder and waited for her uncle to lead the way.

 

“Come, the boys are waiting inside to finally meet you.”

 

“Oh yea… I forgot about them. How many?”

 

“Five, plus me… With some maids, and butlers and such.”

 

“Hurray…” The sarcasm in her tone made him chuckle as they both made their way to the entrance where they were greeted by nothing else but silence. “T-they have the weekend off.”

 

“Mhmm. Whatever.”

 

Walking further inside the house, she looked around and noticed that nothing had changed over the years, making a smile faintly appear across her lips. “I never thought I’d miss the place as much as I thought…”

 

Still standing at the entrance as he was softly closing the door behind, he walked towards her and placed his hand over her shoulder catching her attention. “Glad to see that you’re happy of being here.”

 

“Meh~” She shrugged her shoulders and walked towards the stairs before getting interrupted by her uncle. “How about I lead you to the living room? The boys are probably waiting there.”

 

“Mhmm, sure; why not?” She followed him as they climbed up the stairs and walked behind him until they found themselves in the living room where she spotted four of the five young men he told her about.

 

“Boys, this is my niece, Seonya; Seonya, these are the boys.”

 

“Boys? Are they your kids or something?” She chuckled at the way he made the introduction, which left the boys lightly laugh as they got up from their seats. “Only the one with the five o’clock shadow; he’s my nephew.”

 

The one that was just mentioned came forward and introduced himself with a smile on his face as he bowed his head towards the girl. “I’m Byunghee, or G.O; which ever you prefer.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you Byunghee.” She smiled back and tilted her head to the side to see the other three coming to them as they introduced themselves one by one starting from the youngest to the oldest.

 

She turned to look at her uncle before giving a quick glance around the room and then back to him. “I thought you said they were five of them?”

 

“Oh, yea, Joon must be in the training room; he’s always there in the morning.”

 

“Oh, okay; well I guess I’ll meet him later.”

 

Right at that moment, they heard footsteps in the hallway making them turn to see the missing member as he walked passed the living room with sweat covering his body around with sweat pants and his white tank top.

 

“Hmm, Joon? Can you come in for a second?”

 

Hearing his name, the boy walked in waiting to see what his Boss wanted from him. His gaze then landed on the girl that was standing next to him.

 

“This is my niece. She’ll be staying here for the weekend.”

 

“Okay, good.” He barely nodded and walked out leaving Seonya to be the only one stunned at his action. She turned back around while pointing at the door behind her as she looked at her uncle with a look that made her want to know what just happened.

 

“He’s like that, don’t worry about it.”

 

“Sure… whatever you say…” She quickly turned her head towards the door before glancing back at the others that were still there, showing them a shy smile.

 

“So! Where’s my room?”

 

 

The day passed by pretty quickly and right now, Seonya was getting out of her bed after trying to get some sleep.

 

Looking at the time, it was one in the morning making her fall back against her mattress with a sigh escaping . Looking up at the ceiling, she felt a light growl in her stomach making her sit up and got out of her bed as she put on her boot slippers before walking down to the kitchen.

 

Once she was at the entrance, she noticed that the lights were on and saw that the fridge was open only to reveal Joon holding a cup of chocolate ice cream in his hand as he closed back the door.

 

“Oh… H-hi.” He turned his head to see Seonya shyly walking in and did nothing but took his seat at the counter while pulling out a spoon.

 

“Okay…” She huffed out and walked to the fridge to look for a little snack and luckily enough for her, she saw another small Ben & Jerry chocolate ice cream. Taking it out, she turned back around with Joon’s back facing her and pondered on whether to stay or go back up in her room and eat.

 

‘But… Why should I be leaving? I did nothing wrong… right?’

 

She shrugged her shoulders and took her own seat on the other end of the counter, opposite to Joon’s side, after having pulling out a spoon from the drawer.

 

From time to time, she would take a quick glance his way trying to read him but got nothing but the top of his head as he had his full stare inside the cup of ice cream he had in front of him.

 

Just then, she saw coming in the youngest of the group known as Mir and quietly greeted both of them before taking a spoon and sitting next to Joon as he scooped up his own bite of ice cream making the older one look back at Mir, slightly annoyed at the intrusion.

 

She didn’t pay attention to their conversation but only focused on the way Joon was acting with his friend. He seemed to be more relaxed and a little bit more open than the attitude she received from him during the day whenever she tried to introduce herself to him.

 

She didn’t know why, but it annoyed her a little bit and because of this she wanted to know what was wrong with him or more if he had something against new guest in his home.

 

She sighed and went back to her Ben & Jerry while distracting herself with something else.

 

Still not looking up, she heard the boys lightly laugh and that caught her attention as she saw a smile on Joon’s face, catching her off guard.

 

‘He has a nice smile… Why can’t he smile for me?’

 

A faint pout appeared across her lips as she went back to play with the chocolate ice cream inside her cup when she suddenly realized she was overreacting over something stupid. ‘Oh God, it’s really getting to me… why again?’

 

Quickly shaking her head, she gets up from the stool she was sitting on and takes the ice cream with her planning on finishing it in the guest room. Once she was at the entrance, she turned around wishing the boys goodnight only to have it just the goodnight greeting of Mir with barely a nod from Joon.

 

She was walking down the hallway and ready to march up the stairs when she abruptly turned around and quicken her steps back to the kitchen. Back at the entrance, she saw that Joon was now alone, finishing up. Without a second thought, she marched straight to him and placed her ice cream cup on the counter before standing close in front of him, catching his attention.

 

No words coming out of both of them; out of the blue, she roughly cupped his cheeks and crashed her lips against his taking not only him by surprise as he looked at her with his eyes wide open, but she also caught herself by surprise, not knowing where the sudden boldness came from.

 

Realizing what she was doing, she quickly pulled back and wiped off with the back of her hand as she felt a sudden heat creeping up her cheeks.

 

“I-I’m s-sorry.”

 

She backed away little by little while Joon was still staring at her with a confused look on his face.

 

“Hmm… I think I’m gonna go now…” Nodding to herself, she quickly ran out of the kitchen after having grabbed her melting ice cream cup and left Joon alone in the kitchen.

 

After she was gone and he was left by himself, he lightly grazed his lips with his fingers as he could still feel the chocolate taste of her lips; it broke him into a smile as he looked down the floor with a slight chuckle escaping his throat.

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes

She finally met the boys, hehe and what did you guys think of what she did? ;)

And what about Joon? Do you agree that she was overreacting? o.o

 

More will come ^^

Lots of love, xo

 

P.S - the big house is called 'The Versailles of Texas' if you guys want to check it out :)