Stefanie

Hello Cold World III: I Only Want to Dance With You
Stefanie
 
 
 

“You’re s-son?”

 

From Joon, she looked at the little boy on the couch as he stared at her with his big eyes. She then looked at the woman standing next to Joon and could feel her heart squeezing thinking that it might as well be the mother of the child, in other words being Joon’s wife.

 

“I-is she your… wife?”

 

Joon looked at the same direction that she was looking out and shook his head. He was about to speak up when his sister went first, introducing herself.

 

“I’m his older sister Lee Jae Hwa.”

 

A wave of relief washed over the moment she mentioned her relation to Joon as she kept it inside. Introducing herself back to the sister, she turned to look at Joon as she walked further inside the living room. “Joon, what happened? Why didn’t you tell me about this?”

 

Breathing out, he walked up to her and gently took her hand into his before leading her out of the room and into the hallway. “Is this why you didn’t want to run away with me? Because of them?”

 

From the floor, he looked at her and she could see a hint of pain flashing across his eyes. She gently cupped his cheeks while grazing his skin and felt him shaking knowing that he was about to cry. She hugged him close, wrapping her arms around his neck as he had his by the side of his body before slowly trailing them around her waist.

 

She pulled his face away from her neck and wiped the tears away before placing a soft kiss on his lips. “You need to rest-”

 

“I c-can’t. He needs to pay.”

 

“And he will but now you stay here and rest. Joon, you’re not thinking straight. Please… do this for me, or at least for your son and your sister. I don’t know what the hell happened but I’m not letting you destroy yourself, okay?”

 

“Papa?”

 

The little voice of the boy caught both of their attention as they turned to look at the entrance of the living room, seeing Joon’s boy standing still while looking at them with his big eyes straight at his father. Joon wiped his tears away and took a deep breath before walking to his boy and lifting him in his arms as he hugged him with the little one’s arms wrapped around his neck.

 

Disappearing from her sight as they went back to the living room, Seonya stood still for a moment, letting the last few minutes sink inside her brain. Just then did she realize what she had witnessed; her heart ached thinking about what Joon might have gone through, leaving her guilty about the way she had treated him back when they were at the cabin.

 

She walked back inside the living room and stood at the entrance watching Joon interacting with his little family. Without a word, she quietly stepped out leaving them be and headed towards her uncle’s office, waiting for the rest of the group to come.

 

 

With the day coming to its end, Seonya had locked herself inside her bedroom as she did nothing else but sit on her bed and let her thoughts take over, blocking out the world around her.

 

She tried to put the pieces together over what happened the last few of days and slowly she realized that it was her fault if everything was on its downfall.

 

Guilt was starting to sneak up inside of her, making her heart squeeze at the simple thought that she might as well have blood on her hands.

 

A knock on her door brought her out of her thoughts. She got up from the bed, and walked to the door to see Joon standing in front of her.

 

“We need to talk…” Soft voice yet stern, she could feel herself lightly shake from thinking about different scenarios on what he wanted to tell her, one of them being that he found out what she did behind his back.

 

She pushed herself out of the way and let him walk inside the room as he closed the door behind him while she walked back to her bed, sitting back on the mattress. He took a seat next to her and stayed quiet for a moment before taking in a deep breath and turned his head to look at her.

 

“I moved to Paris after graduating from high school, eight years ago and that’s where I met Leo’s mother…” He took a moment to himself to gather all the strength inside so he wouldn’t break apart; sensing this, she gently took a hold of his hand and squeezed it tightly while showing him a reassuring smile on her face, comforting him. “We met, we fell in love and we got married… Everything was perfect.”

 

“Joon… You don’t need to explain yourself… I get it; you had a life long before we even met and it’s okay-”

 

“You deserve to know. It’s the least I could do-”

 

“Well you did do a lot more last night~” She tried to lighten up the mood with her remark, which got him lightly smiling. She placed her palm against his cheek, as she tried to hold in the emotions that were swirling inside of her. Looking back at her, he took her hand from his cheek into his and looked down, finding the next words to spill out.

 

“It’s just… I tried so hard to escape from all of this but then it came right back to bite me and I lost her in the process… I’ve been blaming myself ever since.”

 

Slowly, she was starting to understand his pain though his past was still a little blur for her to fully comprehend. But now, she knew that he had a broken heart long before she set eyes on him, which lead her to rethink about the behavior he had towards her ever since they met.

 

“If I knew earlier that… that she was related to that, that m-monster…”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Her father was… Hyun Su. She hated him, that’s why she ran away and moved to Paris. She cut herself from any contact with him but we never knew that he was watching us. He knew where to find her and he did… She chose me over him and he killed her. The worst part is that I was there and I couldn’t do anything… If I just knew that her life was in danger I would’ve done better to protect her.”

 

Tears in the corner of her eyes, she could hear her heart break at his confession, letting the guilt grow to the point of weakening her hold onto her shoulders. She saw silent tears rolling down his cheeks as he was looking down on the floor. She gently took a hold of his face and wiped the tears away with her thumbs, making him look her in the eyes. “Leo is all I have left-”

 

“Shush, it’s okay; nothing is going to happen to him, I promise.” Trying to soothe him, she scoots herself closer to him and hugs him tight with her arms wrapped around his neck. He takes a second before hugging her back, bringing her body closer to his.

 

They stay for a moment like this before she slowly pulls away, wiping her own tears away from her cheeks.

 

“I promise you Joon… He’ll get what he deserves.”

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes

Another bomb was dropped! Hehe ;)

I soo want to see your facial expressions right now xD

 

Lots of love, xo