Come Back Home

Hello Cold World III: I Only Want to Dance With You
Come Back Home
My longing for you tortures me more than my loneliness
 
 

The sudden overwhelming confession and emotion flying between these two got them to fall asleep on her bed. She was tightly holding onto his hand with their fingers entangled, placed between them as they were facing each other.

 

She had found out more about his past and watching the way he was talking about it tugged her heart. Though she was in pain for what he went through, she couldn’t help but feel jealous about his past wife. She knew that she was overreacting over something that happened a long time ago, but seeing the little spark in his eyes whenever he mentioned her name just hurt her.

 

Her bedroom door was slightly opening, letting a little head pop through the crack.

 

“Papa?”

 

The little boy’s voice stirred Joon’s out of his light sleep as he opened his eyes and lifted himself on his elbow to see his son standing by the door. He carefully got out of bed as to not wake Seonya up and walked to the boy, lifting him up in his arms before walking out and closing the door behind him.

 

Walking down the hallway, he suddenly stopped and looked at his boy while gently the top of his head. “Are you hungry Leo? Do you want to eat?”

 

The boy quickly nodded his head with a smile on his face making Joon chuckle at his reaction. He quickly walked down the stairs and made his way to the kitchen where he placed Leo on the counter and went to the fridge, looking for some food to eat.

 

Not being a master chief in the kitchen, he simply took out anything that he saw and laid them out across the same counter. From ice cream to cereals to marshmallows and any kind of sweet and salty snacks, everything was there.

 

The boy’s happy expression while picking out the bag of marshmallow made Joon smile, a part of him content to be able to spend some time with him despite the circumstances. He took a stool and sat by the counter while placing his son in front of him, letting the pile of ‘food’ between them.

 

The little happy father-son time between them soon got interrupted with G.O walking into the kitchen while shaking his head with a disapproval look on his face. “Is this really the way to feed a kid?”

 

“Yah~ That’s all there is; the maids are gone on the weekends, remember?”

 

“Then let me cook something decent. Leo needs some proper food in his system.”

 

“Aren’t you suppose to pack up or something? I thought you were suppose to leave with Seonya for London?”

 

“Yea, well change of plans. We’re staying here until everything is sorted out and then we’ll see what happens.”

 

“I guess she isn’t too happy about it, huh?”

 

“She doesn’t know yet, but I guess she won’t. Depends.”

 

Shrugging his shoulders, G.O started to cook something simple for the three of them while father and son were still immersed in their little moment. The slight giggles of the little child made Joon smile from ear to ear, a sight that was practically impossible to get for a very long time.

 

G.O was discretely looking at them while he was by the oven, cooking some meat with a faint smile on his face; happy to see his friend smiling after so long.

 

Once he was done, he came back to the counter with two full plates and took away the stacks of snacks, letting Joon and Leo start on their meal. “I’ll come back, I just need to check up on something.”

 

He quickly walked away from the kitchen and made his way straight to Seonya’s bedroom. Knocking on the door, he opened and placed his head through the crack to see that she was on her bed, just waking up.

 

“Sorry to wake you…”

 

“Hmm? Oh no, it’s okay.” She sat up while rubbing her eyes as G.O came to take a seat next to her, letting them be face to face. “Sleep well?”

 

“I guess…”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing… it’s just… I’m still trying to wrap my head around what happened this morning with Joon.”

 

“Ah, I see.”

 

“I mean, one minute we were dancing and actually spent the night together and the next morning I find him running out of his bed only to find out, hours later, that he has a son that he never told me about.”

 

“Don’t be so hard on him. There was a reason why it was kept a secret…”

 

“I know it’s just… Why didn’t he tell me?”

 

“You don’t have to worry about that. He didn’t even tell us that his wife was pregnant in the first place, we had to find out ourselves when… you know… it happened.”

 

Emphasizing on the word, she knew what he was talking about. She let out a sigh making her body lean towards the front with her forehead placed straight on his thigh while she was sitting with her legs crossed. He looked down and gently started to her hair, feeling the sudden need to comfort her.

 

She changed her position so she could be properly lying on the side with her head on his lap.

 

“G.O?”

 

“Mhmm?”

 

“We’re not going to London, are we?”

 

“Not now but… eventually. When everything is sorted out, then we can go.” He looked down at her as she turned her head to look at him with a slight pout on her face making him smile. He softly her cheek before asking her if she was hungry.

 

“I cooked some meat earlier if you’re hungry.”

 

“Mhmm, I am. Are you going to join me?”

 

“Sure.”

 

 

“H-Hyunseung? W-what are you doing he-re?”

 

Right in the middle of the streets with barely any people walking around, Seonya found herself standing in front of her ex-boyfriend, looking quite sick. She noticed the change in his physical appearance and a part of her was worried for his health.

 

The color of his hair changed to a grey/white palette and he looked like he had lost weight and had bags under his eyes, but what alarmed her was the sudden look he was giving her; a stare that she had never seen before making her shiver all over her skin.

 

She was slowly starting to take step backwards, trying to distance herself from him as far as possible but he only got closer to her. She suddenly bumped into a small tree by the sidewalk and gulped down, left completely scared.

 

“Where is he?” He suddenly grabbed her by her shoulders making her jump at his sudden gesture. “Where. Is. HE?!”

 

She tried to push him away but the grip he had was getting stronger by the second making her whimper from the pain. “Y-you’re hurting me! Please, l-let go-”

 

“Not before you tell where I can find him. I know you have him, where is he?”

 

“Who the hell are you talking about?!”

 

“My nephew! I know he’s with Joon!”

 

“N-nephew?” She looked back at him with her eyes wide open. Her heart stopped beating for a second letting the air get stuck in her lungs. “H-how can he be your nephew? T-that would mean that-”

 

“Yes. Exactly what you’re thinking.”

 

“You little punk. Get your hands off of me!” She squirmed in his grasp and was finally able to push him away by strongly stepping on his foot, making him hiss. She took this chance to run away and went as fast as she could until she bumped into someone else. Not having the chance to look, she got stuck within the stranger’s grip and got pushed through an alley.

 

She landed with her palms against the wall, almost having her face hitting the bricks. She stayed like this for a second before getting roughly turned around by Hyunseung, and shoved against the wall. A cry of pain escaped from her lips and her body was starting to tremble from the fear this situation was bringing. She wasn’t able to look him in the eyes and only had her head turned down from him.

 

“S-Seonya… Please. Do me this favor; tell me where I can find the boy.”

 

His voice was shaky as he spoke out with a breath. She felt him coming closer to him and pushed herself further against the wall while shutting her eyes tight. He leaned his forehead on her shoulder while his palms went from the wall to the side of his body before slowly lifting them back up to hold her hands.

 

“I’m not going to hurt you, I just want an answer.”

 

Lifting his head up, he looked at her with a pleading look in his eyes, slightly breaking her heart. He leaned in closer, gently pressing their forehead against each other as she looked down on the floor with him staring at her.

 

He slowly let go of her hands and went to cup her cheeks making her faintly jump.

 

“I miss you so much Seonya. Come back to me. Come back home with me.” He was searching for her lips as she tried to look away but his hold on her cheeks was preventing her from moving without causing any kind of pain. He softly pressed his lips to hers before deepening the kiss. It took her by surprise as she looked with her eyes wide open but what made it more surprising was the little spark going off inside her heart, making her respond to the kiss as she slowly felt herself relaxing and kissing him back.

 

All the hate she has been feeling for him was slowly starting to wash away; only to leave her heart pumping strongly against her chest from the swirl of emotions she felt whenever he was the one kissing her, bringing her back to the past, where everything was simply… perfect.

 

Placing her hands on his chest, she slowly pulled him away letting the air reach out for their lungs. “H-Hyunseung, we can’t. You need to go. Please.”

 

“I’m not leaving. Forget about the boy; let’s just leave. Let’s just runaway, only the two of us. You and me, against the world-”

 

“N-no…” She was on the verge of crying with the begging he was doing, further tearing her apart. All she wanted to do was to run far away from all of this and he was actually giving her the opportunity to go through with it, but her mind got the best of her as she pushed him further away, backing herself from the brick wall. “I can’t trust you. Not anymore.”

 

She was walking away as he watched her. his hands, he clenched his jaw before speaking up with a hint of anger in his voice. “It’s because of that stupid Joon, isn’t it?”

 

She stopped walking with her back facing him. The man that had grabbed her earlier was just outside the alley, pretending to be waiting for something as he was leaning against the wall from a store.

 

She slowly turned around to look at her ex, lightly huffing out. “Think what you want, but I’m never coming back to you. You made it pretty clear that we were over the moment you decided to point that gun at me.” Not giving him the time to answer back, she quickly stepped out and disappeared within the crowd, leaving a broken and angry man on the side.

 

 

“Did you bring me the boy?”

 

“No, sir.”

 

“Did you at least get his name?”

 

“N-no sir. She was stubborn… Like always.”

 

“I hope she got a good beating out of it, yes Hyunseung?”

 

“Y-yes sir.”

 

“Good.” Throwing a big enveloped across the table towards the young man’s way, Hyun Su looked back up at him with a clear and stern order but without hiding the smirk appearing across his face. “Make sure they get this. A little distraction won’t hurt them I suppose.”

 

Picking up the envelope, Hyunseung quickly bowed to the man before walking out of the office. The moment he was about to turn the knob of the door, he heard his name being called out making him turn back around.

 

“Oh, and Hyunseung?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“You better not do what your sister did. Do you hear me?”

 

“Yes… father.”

 

Tightly gripping onto the envelope, he opened the door and walked away, leaving the old man with that smug look on his face, completely left patient and satisfied about his next move.

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes

Yes! Another bomb~ haha, and believe me it's not the end ;)

 

Lots of love, xo