Introduction

Hello Cold World III: I Only Want to Dance With You
Introduction
 
 
 

Just like every week for the past three years, Seonya was sitting inside a coffee shop as she took a sip from her warm drink while waiting for her visitor. It was just in the early spring and the snow was already melting leaving the streets wet and sometimes slippery; nevertheless, it was still a beautiful day with the sunshine high and the sky blue.

 

There wasn’t any urgency in the matter but being late wasn’t his thing, which made her worry a little bit.

 

Just when she was about to take out her phone to call, a familiar voice calling out her name made look up to see her uncle coming towards her.

 

“Finally! I was starting to worry something might have happened.”

 

“Just left late from work, sorry.”

 

“Oh… Did you find anything knew about the hmm… you know…”

 

“No, but I’m sure things will turn around, don’t worry.”

 

“Ji-Hoon, it’s been three years already, of course I have to worry!”

 

“Then why don’t you stay with me in the mean time? Mhmm?”

 

“What does it has to do with anything?”

 

“I just want to take better care of you; I mean you live alone in that big house-”

 

“Yea, and so do you; I don’t get it…”

 

She looked at him, with sudden curiosity on the way he was trying to push her to move out of her home, despite the circumstances she was in for the past few years. “And anyways, I’ll be fine; I have Hy-”

 

“Yea, I don’t trust him-”

 

“But I do and that’s enough for me. He’s been supporting ever since, okay?”

 

The older man sighed as he shook his head and looked back up at Seonya, giving up on his request, just for today. “I give up for now, but if you ever need anything, you know where to call, okay?”

 

“Mhmm, thanks.”

 

“So! Putting this aside, how’s the job? You’re having your first official big gig, right?” He laid back against the chair and put on his brightest smile, showing pride about his niece’s dream goal as Seonya giggled at his sudden turn around attitude. “Yea, it’s in a couple of months though; I’m so nervous about it I feel like I’m going to faint right on stage.”

 

“You’ll worry about that when you’re on stage. Right now, focus on your practice; show your teacher the reason why you got the lead role in Swan Lake.”

 

“You’re right… I just wish that I wasn’t so preoccupied by everything else, you know?”

 

“I do and use this chance for the ballet show to distract you, okay? You’re too young to worry about adult stuff.”

 

“Adult stuff? Yah~ I’m twenty-three, I’m an adult, alright.”

 

“Not to me~”

 

Leaning back towards the table, he playfully ruffled her hair making her hiss out in annoyance while fixing back her do, making him laugh. “You know I hate when people play with my hair, why do you keep teasing me~”

 

“It’s funny, because I used to get away with it when you were younger.”

 

“Yea, the key word being used to, buddy; now I’m a grown woman… I’m not a kid anymore…”

 

Suddenly the atmosphere went back to being gloomy with her last words being barely a whisper. Placing his elbows over the table, he looked back at his niece as he let out another sigh. “I know but… I still have to take care of you; I promised your father and I’m a man of my word Seonya.”

 

Biting her bottom lip, she glanced down at her coffee before looking back up at Ji-Hoon. “I’m sorry, it’s just… sometimes it’s getting to me that he’s gone and with mom gone too it’s just… it’s hard… I never thought I’d be on my own so soon.”

 

“But you’re not. You have me and that… boyfriend of yours. We may not be related by blood, but I’m still family; you can come to me whenever you want, I’m always going to be here for you. Like I said… We’re family, and families stick together, right?”

 

She nodded her head as she tried to prevent early tears from escaping her eyes. With a shaky breath escaping , she takes a sip from her coffee while pushing passed the emotional moment. “H-how’s work?”

 

“Eh~ Work is fine; not much going on.”

 

Luckily enough for her, his phone started to ring letting relief wash over her. She let him answer it without putting too much thought into whoever was on the other line and once he hung up, she knew he had to leave.

 

“Speaking of the devil, I got to go; do you want me to drop you somewhere?”

 

“No, don’t worry; I came with my car anyways.”

 

“Okay, so hmm, same time, same place, next week?”

 

“Sure! See you then.”

 

 

Just on the other side of town, in a quiet and secluded neighborhood, Lee Joon was in the training room of the mansion he lives in and was quietly using his free time to work out a little bit.

 

Today wasn’t the best of day and woke up with a foul mood, putting everything on edge around him.

 

Standing in front of a punching bag that was being held up by the ceiling, he used all the energy in his muscles to hit, over and over again, the bag just to vent the pent up emotions inside of him; to especially focus his anger into the lifeless bag that was flying with his hits.

 

He spent all morning and soon the afternoon hit the clock but he hadn’t budge from the training room, feeling like hadn’t had enough.

 

Smiles, laughter, joy, happiness; flashback of a past life were haunting him but today, it was worse with a special occasion rising. With every hit, a moment of his past came into his mind making him growl deeper with his frustration growing stronger.

 

Six years have passed and yet it was as if it was yesterday that everything changed. He could still remember the exact way he was feeling, the exact moment he lost everything and especially, the exact way in which he lost everything; each second of that day was carved into his heart breaking it in the process without having it been mend back together.

 

Despite the sweat that was staining his body, he could feel the tears streaming down his face, clear show of his unhappiness in the life he was living right now.

 

He had the chance to let go many times and just make his pain stop but there were only two things in this entire universe that kept him alive. Cold, but alive; and only one of these things were pushing him to stay here.

 

 

Revenge.

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes

So here's the new beginning of the Joon story~

I've 're-created' the whole story, so hopefully you guys will like it better :)

Enjoy~