♤ 50 - Capítulo De Cincuenta

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“Well, Mrs. Kwon – based on your result that I’ve run before, it seems that you are pregnant. Your pregnancy is almost to three months now. Congratulations, Mrs. Kwon.”

Chaerin stared at the female doctor in front of her in shock. Did she just misheard or the words coming out from the doctor’s mouth was like a miracle for her?

“I-Is it true, doctor? That I’m pregnant right now?” she barely whispering; asking for confirmation to make it clear.

Dr. Yerin nodded her head, smiling brightly at Chaerin then. “Yes, Mrs. Kwon. It’s true that you are pregnant right now. I’ve already done the pregnancy test twice so it won’t be mistaken. Congratulations for both of you and your husband.” she softly murmured, flashing her teeth.

Chaerin could not believe her ears, her lips curved into a big grin. Slowly, she brought her hands, touching her flat belly that now she realized looked a bit bump than usual; her palm gently caressed her own belly. Oh God, this felt like a dream or something. She just could not believe that she’s pregnant right now.

“And Mrs. Kwon?” Chaerin looked up again, her eyes looking at Dr. Yerin. “Since you are pregnant right now and your pregnancy is still in the first trimester, I advise  you to be really careful with yourself. Usually, the first trimester of pregnancy has the higher chance for you to get miscarriage if you don’t be careful with yourself. What I mean here, please take care of yourself properly. Don’t do heavy work like lifting or something like that because it can affect your pregnancy. Make sure to eat properly and accordingly and it will be better if you drink some milk – milk that is specifically for pregnant woman. It will helps you in giving you proper nutrients for you and also the baby.” Dr. Yerin explained carefully, smiling at Chaerin then.

“But doctor, isn’t pregnant woman usually vomit during their pregnancy?” asked Chaerin then, her forehead wrinkling when she remembered about herself which did not even vomit at all until today.

Dr. Yerin smiled then. “Well, almost all pregnant woman will through morning sickness for the first trimester of their pregnancy. The morning sickness usually getting much better when the pregnancy gets into 12th or 13th week. And during the process, you will suffer a bit because of the morning sickness you get.. Some is better while the other might be worst; they can’t even eat sometimes. I guess you don’t have this symptom, right, Mrs. Kwon?”

Chaerin slowly nodded her head. That’s why she never expect that she’s actually pregnant when she came to this clinic today. “Err, doctor. Can I ask you something? Is there any possibility that if my husband also affect with this pregnancy?” Chaerin asked, staring at the female doctor.

Dr. Yerin’s forehead creased then. “What do you mean, Mrs. Kwon?” asked her back. “I mean – my husband, he’s been acting a bit weird these days. He used to drink coffee before but now, he can’t even smell the coffee scent. And he told me, he cannot stand my perfume. Is this behavior has connection with this pregnancy?” Chaerin stated, wanting to know whether the reason on why Jiyong had been acted differently lately because of her pregnancy.

“Well, actually it’s kind of rare for the husband to have this changes. Sometimes, it does but like I said, mostly the pregnant woman is the one who will have this kind of symptoms. Maybe that’s why you also don’t get any morning sickness.” answered Dr. Yerin, smiling a small smile then.

Later when the meeting with doctor was over, Chaerin walked out from the room where Gyeoul was patiently waiting for her, standing up when she saw Chaerin went out from the doctor’s room.

“So, what the doctor says?” asked Gyeoul, also taking a seat beside Chaerin then.

Chaerin’s lips turned into a curve before she slowly turned her face to look at Gyeoul. “What do you think?” she asked Gyeoul back, her lips was smiling in such a meaningful way.

Gyeoul eyed Chaerin with a long look before opened to speak again. “Don’t tell me that you...” she did not finish her words when she saw Chaerin slowly nodded her head, smiling sheepishly. Gyeoul clamped then, gasping loudly. “Are you serious, Chaerin? Really?” Chaerin let out a small chuckle, once again nodding her head then.

“Oh my God, congratulations then! How long is it?” Gyeoul asked, her eyes darted towards Chaerin’s belly then.

“Almost three months now. Gyeoul, I’m really surprised with this news. I never expect about this.” Chaerin murmured quietly, still could not believe what’s happening towards her. “That’s why I told you before, you will thank me later on when you get yourself checkup.” Gyeoul said, letting out a small chuckle.

Chaerin glanced at Gyeoul, curiosity filled up in her mind all of sudden. “Is that the reason why you brought me here to this clinic?” asked Chaerin then. “Well, let’s just say that I follow my instinct. I don’t know why but I have this feeling that you are pregnant. And with what happening to you lately, it might probably be true.” Gyeoul told Chaerin, smiling at her friend.

In the end, Gyeoul was the one who sent Chaerin back to her home which to Chaerin’s laugh, her friend was too amazed to see such a huge, beautiful decorated house in which Chaerin and Jiyong currently living.

 

 

“Mommy, Mom, you don’t have to do all of this.” Chaerin said, feeling a guilty seeing her mother and also her mother in law were helping her washing the dishes after having a lunch along with Jiyong, her father and also Jiyong’s father.

To be honest, both Jiyong and Chaerin did not expect that both of their parents would give them a surprise visit today during the weekend. Thank God, both of them were at their own house when Jiyong’s parent who came first before Chaerin’s parent followed behind fifteen minutes later. Thanks to Jiyong excitement, he already informed the good news to his parent and also Chaerin’s parent the next day when the married couple knew about their upcoming baby.

And maybe that’s the reason why both of their parents were here today at their house during the weekend.

“Chaerin, dear, don’t worry about us. You should worry about yourself more, dear. You are pregnant right now and you shouldn’t be doing all of this works.” Jiyong’s mother murmured along with Chaerin’s mother that agreed with those words.

Chaerin let out a small chuckle then, shaking her head. “Mom, you sound exactly like Jiyong oppa. He always block me in whatever way to avoid me from doing any of the house chores.” she mumbled with a slight smile plastered on her plump lips.

“Of course, Jiyong would do that, sweetheart. You’re pregnant, remember? Besides, it is also for your own safety and the baby.” Mrs. Lee told, giving a warm smile towards her daughter.

Chaerin just smiled, could not argue more with her mother and plus, the two women stood in the kitchen with her right now probably know what is the best for her and the baby since both of them had experienced the same thing like she does right now.

“Am I interrupting this woman’s talk?”

Chaerin turned her head around, seeing Jiyong who now walking into the kitchen, approaching closer towards her right away. “Not really, Jiyong. We’re just helping Chaerin to wash the dishes and it’s almost done now.” Mrs. Kwon replied, putting some of the dishes on the drying rack next to the sink.

“Where is your father?” asked Mrs. Kwon then.

“You already know, mom. Business talk, of course. He’s at the front, in the living room along with appa.” Jiyong answered, hugging Chaerin from behind then, wrapping both of his arms around Chaerin’s waist. Chaerin was blushing, her cheeks turned into crimson red when she felt Jiyong’s arms wrapped around her. She’s not really that embarrassed if her mother and also Jiyong’s mother were not here in this kitchen at the same time.

“Sweetheart, how many times do I have to tell you to stop doing the house chore, hmm?” Jiyong mumbled quietly at Chaerin’s ear, softly kissing at the hollow base of her ear then. Chaerin just smiled lightly hearing her husband’s words, trying to ignore him although it was hard to resist when Jiyong kept touching her at the moment.

“Oppa, stop disturbing me. I have to get this done and also prepare some tea for both our parents. It would be rude if I let our guests do the work, right?” Chaerin replied back casually at the same time, pouring some of the just boiling water into a teapot.

Jiyong let out a small chuckle then, playfully spin Chaerin at the time. “You’re really  are stubborn, aren’t you, sweetheart? Maybe I’ll should tie you up so that you will listen to me then.” Chaerin’s cheeks blushed even more when all of sudden Jiyong bit her ear which made her let out a small scream.

Quickly, she looked around in the kitchen, feeling a bit relief to know that only Jiyong and her in this kitchen at this moment. She did not even realize when did her mother and Jiyong’s mother went away from the kitchen but that’s actually a good thing because she surely going to felt more shameful if there’s other who witnessing what actually happened here right now in the kitchen.

“Stop that, oppa! Our parents is here in this house.” Chaerin reminded Jiyong, slapping Jiyong’s arms who were still wrapping around her waist.

A soft laugh heard in Chaerin’s ear then. “Well then, stop being stubborn and listen to me. You know the reason why, sweetheart.” Jiyong quietly murmured, resting his chin on Chaerin’s head, gently placed a kiss on his wife’s head then. “Don’t you think that you’re being a bit over reacting? It’s not like my pregnancy is on the sixth or seventh month right now, oppa.” Chaerin talked back, pouting a bit.

“Yes, I know that, sweetheart. But right now, you’re in the first trimester of your pregnancy, right? Do you know how high chance you have to get miscarriage, sweetheart? If possible, I really want to avoid that from happening. I want you to be safe and it is my job to look after you. So, please, listen to me, okay?” Jiyong tried to comfort Chaerin, hoping that she would understand the reason why he being like this.

Chaerin let out a small sigh then, turning her body around so that she would face her husband. “I will listen to you if you stop being so protective over me. Deal?” Chaerin smiled a bit, looking at Jiyong then. Jiyong pressed his lips together, thinking for a moment. “Sure, sweetheart. It’s a deal and I’ll try to be more protective over you after this.” Jiyong playfully replied, laughing which earned a smack from his wife then.

“Come on, our parents probably waiting for us.”

Jiyong smiled then, nodding his head. “Oh no, let me get those from you. Just walk along with me, okay, sweetheart?” Jiyong said, taking the tray from Chaerin then before both of them together walked out from the kitchen side by side, heading towards the living room where both of their parents were waiting and talking with each other at the same time.

 

 

Jiyong carefully parked the car at the parking space included in the area. He then quickly made his way towards the other side of the car, opening the car door for his beloved wife, wanting to help her climbing out from the car then.

“Thank you, oppa. You don’t really have to do this, you know.” Chaerin murmured, holding to Jiyong’s hand who was grabbing on her hand carefully.

A light smile pasted on Jiyong’s lips as he was helping Chaerin to walk to the building right across from where both of them were standing. “Why not? Sweetheart, you’re pregnant right now. So, it’s my job to keep you safe and sound including our little baby inside.” he spoke, smiling all wide towards Chaerin.

Chaerin just let out a small chuckle, shaking her head then. She knew that Jiyong always has something to talk back to her whenever she tried to hold Jiyong from being too pampered on her. It’s not like her husband would listen to her even if she kept blabbering at him.

Believe it or not, it’s been almost five months now along with Chaerin’s pregnancy. And for today, just liked before; Chaerin came here to this private clinic to have her next pregnancy checkup which if she’s not mistaken, this probably be the third one for her during her pregnancy. It’s not really a must for her to always go and see the doctor who Jiyong had booked for Chaerin along her pregnancy until the moment she gives birth to their child later on; but since Jiyong persist for Chaerin to go for the checkup according to the schedule, Chaerin could not say much then.

Plus, right now she’s on her holiday season from her college since she’s already finished her studies as a student. The only thing left – she still not having her proper, official graduation since the graduation ceremony will take place few months after the last day of her at the college. According to what Chaerin had calculated before, she knew that the moment she steps herself to the graduation ceremony, her other friends and also classmates will be in a shock state for seeing her at the moment which her pregnancy will be around to almost eighth month stage. To be honest, Chaerin did not know how to handle that kind of situation because she certainly felt that her friends will reward her with bombing questions and thinking about that somehow making her a bit stress and pressure.

Since the clinic that both of them went is a private one, both Jiyong and Chaerin did not have to wait long and with the early reservation of the checkup, it just a simple process for both of them to go through before they finally made it to meet the doctor.

“Oh, Mrs. Kwon! You come early today and I see that your husband is coming along too.”

Chaerin’s lips formed a sweet smile towards the female doctor who greeted her with a warm smile and soft handshake when Jiyong and her went into the doctor’s room. The female doctor that familiarly known as Dr. Oh Woori is a forty years old person who have been worked as an obstetrician for the last few years before. She is also known as one of the best doctors in this clinic as an obstetrician and according to her record, there were many parents-to-be who used her service as a doctor before satisfied with the services given by this female doctor. Besides, being a doctor for almost twenty years now and as an obstetrician for about seven to eight years now, it wasn’t a hard task for this female doctor actually.

“I’m Dr. Oh Woori and you can just call me Dr. Oh.” the female doctor said to Jiyong, smiling at him before asking the married couple to take a seat opposite to her.

“First of all, doctor, I’m really sorry because I couldn’t make it to come for few appointment checkup before this.” Jiyong firstly apologized towards Dr. Woori. The doctor nodded her head, smiling warmly then. “Well, that’s okay. But, of course, it would be better if the husband can come along to the appointment checkup with his wife because it’s important for the husband to also know how the wife is progressing.” she said softly, giving out her warm smile towards both Jiyong and Chaerin.

Jiyong nodded his head slowly then, agreed with the doctor’s word.

To be honest, this is the first time where he got a chance to accompany Chaerin to go to her regular appointment checkup regarding with her pregnancy which soon going to enter the five months phase. Before this, it’s not like Jiyong did not want to go along with Chaerin but every time he wanted to, his office works always there; blocking him from going along with Chaerin to see the doctor. That’s why this time Jiyong decided to take half day leave from his work and accompanied Chaerin to see Dr. Woori since he never been with her before to go for the appointment checkup.

“Mrs. Kwon, will you please lie down on the bed so that I can do the ultrasound scan for the baby?” Dr. Woori asked, smiling at Chaerin then.

Chaerin smiled a small smile, nodding her head before she stood up; helped by Jiyong to go towards the single bed located at a corner in the room along with others medical equipment at the side of the bed. Carefully, Jiyong helped his wife to lie down on the bed while he stood at the end of the bed, at the same time holding Chaerin’s hand in his.

Dr. Woori then slowly lifted up the loose turquoise blouse that Chaerin was wearing, revealing her bumpy belly which already seem to show the sign that she’s pregnant at the moment. She then pressed out some gel which know as lubricating gel, before rubbed it around Chaerin’s lower abdomen making the soon-to-be mother shivered due to the coldness coming from the gel on her belly. Right after that, the female doctor used a small device attached to the scan, moving it forward and backward around Chaerin’s belly then.

Few minutes later, the small screen of the machine began to form an ultrasound picture, showing the motion made by the Dr. Woori.

“So, Mr. Kwon, do you see that small creature? There, that tiny structure one?” Dr. Woori pointed out with her finger towards the screen, looking at Jiyong at the same time.

Jiyong nodded his head, staring at the screen in such amazement. “ This is your baby which from my point of view, this baby is growing and developing well inside there. And also, I don’t see anything that can bring problems to the baby and-”

Dr. Woori stopped talking for a moment, her forehead creased then. Chaerin who noticed that quickly asked the female doctor a question then. “Is everything okay, doctor?” she looked at Dr. Woori, her face looked concerned somehow.

“I think I’ve seen something – another heartbeat of your baby.” Both Jiyong and Chaerin met with each other eyes before Jiyong was the one who opened his mouth to speak then. “Is that a bad thing, doctor? Is something wrong with the baby?” asked Jiyong, probably the same question that playing inside Chaerin’s mind.

A small chuckle escaped from Dr. Woori’s mouth then before she turned to look at the married couple. “No, Mr. Kwon. That’s not what I mean. The baby is fine. It just that, I have a news to tell both of you.” said Dr. Woori, all smiling towards both of them.

“Mr. and Mrs. Kwon, congratulations for both of you. Your wife is having a twins.” told Dr. Woori

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter