♤ 29 - Capítulo Veintinueve

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Every single person who was sitting in the meeting room lowered their head in respond. Today probably not a good day for everyone especially the man that stood in the middle of the meeting room, his face looked very tense and serious.

Most of them never see this kind of side of their boss; to be honest this might be the first time and hopefully also the last time. Their boss never behaves like this ever before except when his bad mood fill in the air or whenever something really big and wrong happen in the company. Plus, Kwon Jiyong is known as his personality for not being mad at any of his workers only that he just put on his serious mask on the face and act as a professional leader in order to solve the problem.

Well, today, maybe that personality of him finally breaks when for the first time Leader Kwon shows his true, fierce color.

“If I remember back, I asked this report last Tuesday right? And can you tell me what day is today?” Jiyong gave his sharp glare at one of his worker from the finance department.

The male worker swallowed hard, not looking directly at the young CEO. “Err, Thursday, sir.” He tried to answer calmly although deep in his heart only God knows what it feel to be in this situation right now. Scary and nerve-wrecking!

Jiyong let out a big sigh, messaging his temple with his hands, trying to calm himself down. He did not know why he’s been behaving so hard and stern today. Its feel like he’s making hard not towards himself but also his workers in this company. Poor them to face this bad side of him.

“Please you guys don’t disappoint me! Don’t crush down my trust on every one of you! When I gave you order to do your job, do it! Sometimes, you need to take serious in few things! When play time, we play. But when I gave you work, work time! Understand!?” his harsh voice echoing in the large room, all workers surely having their hard time right now.

Rania, Jiyong’s secretary could only watch the other workers in pity, knowing that she could not do anything to help them. Well, when the big boss is not in the mood, better let it go; or else you’re in a dead meat!

After almost three hours and half, the meeting finally ended. Of course, walking out from the meeting room were the faces of workers that just been scold, what a pity. Even some of them actually aged older than Jiyong but still, their respect to Jiyong could be taken as praise. These ‘older’ workers know when the time to respect Jiyong as their big boss or easily make friends with him. Maybe that is one of the secret why Kwon Empire becomes one of the largest, successful companies in the South Korea.

“What do we have next?” Jiyong asked in firm voice, drinking a mineral water on his way towards the elevator.

Rania quickly flipped few pages of the notebook that she was holding to, explaining Jiyong’s schedule for that evening and also tomorrow morning. Making a mistake is the last thing that she wants to do at this moment. Jiyong nodded a bit, thanking his secretary before vanished into the elevator. Rania let out a sigh, thank God. Finally, I can breathe properly!

 

 

Running here and there in the large kitchen surely made her a little bit exhausted. Chaerin gave her final touch on the thing that she been making on since an hour ago. Her lips curved into a sweet smile, hoping that her efforts will be paid later on.

Packing up everything carefully in a medium size paper bag, Chaerin dashed herself to upstairs then, changing her ‘home-feeling’ clothe into something casual. She wore her one-piece floral printed dress, a jewel-cut designed at the top of the dress matched with her long plain light blue cardigan. Her hair was tied to the right side, letting it fall loosely on her right shoulder.

Smiling at her own reflection in the mirror, she then grabbed her tote styled handbag before carefully taking the stairs to downstairs, two at once. Before leaving, Chaerin firstly make sure that everything is in safe and place.

It took around fifteen to twenty minutes to reach the destination that she’s heading to. When she reached there, it was already quarter passed three. Chaerin knew that her idea right now probably not be the best since the condition and time did not fit with her situation but well, she just using her luck. Who knows it might work, right?

The security guard who was doing his job at the ground floor nodded his head a bit towards Chaerin, giving her a smile. Up till this day, not many people in this tall, big building know the fact that the young woman that entered the building seconds ago is actually the CEO’s wife. Most of them knew that Kwon Jiyong already married but, being the secretive, humble typed person; not many actually have see his wife up close except for certain people.

Chaerin tried to calm herself down, feeling her stomach knotted in a kind of way that she could not even explain. Reaching the floor where his office is located, Chaerin made her way to the glass door, reaching the front area, thinking to herself how she can get herself to her husband’s office.

“Mrs. Kwon?”

The surprise voice coming from behind made Chaerin turned her body around, a sweet smile pasted on her cherry lips then.

“Oh, hi.” Chaerin politely greeted, still smiling.

Rania bowed a bit to the person standing in front of her, a weird feeling rising in her body, seeing his boss’s wife is here apparently.

“It’s nice to meet you again, Mrs. Kwon. Can I help you?” Rania softly asked. Chaerin nodded then, asking Jiyong’s secretary whether she could meet her husband at this time.

Rania’s forehead creased, eyeing Chaerin for a moment then. “Err, didn’t Mr. Kwon tell you anything?” Chaerin looked at Rania with the ‘tell me what?’ look. Rania smiled a bit then before opened to talk.

“Mr. Kwon just left few minutes ago. Probably five minutes before you arrived, Mrs. Kwon. He needs to attend an event; a charity event at a hotel around this area if I’m not mistaken. He did not tell me about you’re coming here anyway.” Rania carefully explained, wondering what actually happen here right now. Rania clearly saw Chaerin’s face fell, a disappointment shown on her face.

“Ahh, really? Well, I guess, I came to the wrong time. Again.” Chaerin tried to hide her dismay feeling, her heart wounded a little at this moment.

“But if you want me to inform Mr. Kwon that you are here, I will do it now.” Rania quickly stated, feeling sorry to look at Chaerin’s disappoint face. Chaerin shook her head, a bitter smile placed on her lips. “No. That’s okay. I don’t want to trouble you.”

Rania pressed her lips together, nodding her head slowly then. She then noticed the paper bag that Chaerin was holding since before; feeling curious to know what is the content.

“Actually, I made a lunch box for him today, hoping to eat with him together.” Chaerin explained without being asked, following Rania’s eyes, looking at the paper bag that she brought along. “But I guess, maybe I could just give you this food.” Chaerin then offered the paper bag to Rania, smiling at her then.

Rania’s eyes widen, her head quickly shaking. “Oh, no, Mrs. Kwon! You shouldn’t! You already made it with all your efforts! I think it will be better if you’re the who eat that.” She said softly, hoping that Chaerin will understand her. Mr. Kwon is such a lucky person to have a beautiful, kind-heart wife. Rania silently praised.

Chaerin smiled then. “Please, take it. Think it as my treat to you. I don’t have enough money to treat you with fancy foods though.” Chaerin replied back which Rania thinks how humble the young woman in front of her right now.

Chaerin then took Rania’s hand, passing over the paper bag towards Jiyong’s secretary. Rania could not do anything except for saying thank you towards Chaerin, feeling grateful and amazed by her kind-heart behavior.

“Sorry if I’m disturbing you at work. Oh, and please, you don’t have to inform my husband that I dropped by here. Enjoy your food!” Chaerin greeted her goodbye towards Rania before slowly walked away, must be heading to the elevator.

Rania let out a small sigh. Is it her feeling or the married couple is actually not in a good term by now? She then shrugged, chasing away her thoughts before went to her place, feeling a bit excited, of course to taste the handmade cooking of Mr. Kwon’s wife.

 

 

Jiyong knew that his wife was trying to make everything that possible to attract his attention towards her. Right now, he felt a bit difficult to focus on his work with Chaerin that was sitting a bit far from him, stealing few glances that he noticed seconds ago.

Even though the ‘cold war’ that he launched towards his wife had already passed for three days but still, Jiyong could not figure out why he been so hard to fix the situation between both of them. Maybe… Well maybe, it because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter