♤ 37 - El Capítulo Treinta Y Siete

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

I looked at the peaceful, calm and widely spread blue ocean right in front of me. I was sitting myself on the coarse, white colored sand, enjoying the windy wind that evening. Thank God, the weather was good enough for me to hold on.

At least it’s not burning hot because I’m surely going to keep myself away from getting the sunlight rays. It just seemed okay for me, a bit windy and also shady; probably due to the clouds that covering the sun though. The soft sea breeze, the smell of salt water and not to mention, the calmness that I’ve got after having not so good time these two days lately.

Well, I couldn’t care less about it anymore. Thinking about what just happened last few days, I won’t deny that my blood pressure would increase immediately and boiling to a very extreme temperature due to the furious feeling that I have! I took a deep breath, flipping my hair before my mind suddenly reminded me back the incident that happened last two days ago.

 

 

“WHAT!?” I did not even notice that my voice already went to an octave higher, showing how shocked am I, hearing the words coming from that person’s mouth. Did I just hear it right?

I could hear a small gasp coming from someone who stood beside me; her eyes widen opened staring at that person also. The person smiled at both of us like nothing just happened and continue to talk then.

“I know that this news probably surprising both of you. But, I really do hope that both of you can participate this activity with us. Besides, it’s only for three days. You both do not need to worry about everything. The college will in charge for that part.” Soohyuk, my Account lecturer calmly explained, still having the stupid smile on his face.

I closed my eyes for few seconds, trying to breathe properly. “But sir isn’t the camp only for those who are involved? What is the need for both of us to go there?” Gyeoul spoke after that, her voice sounded annoyed and unsatisfied of course. Yeah, I understand you, friend. I’m also feeling the same way like you felt right now.

Soohyuk, the lecturer inhaled deeply then, pressing his lips tightly. I possibly thought that he also having a hard time here, dealing with the two of us.

“It’s not like I want you both to go. This is an order. I need to bring few students that scored the best for their previous exam before to become a helper for the lecturers in this camp. More like a tutor if you both want to know. That’s why I pick both of you. Understand now? Gyeoul? Chaerin?” he said then, looking at both of us.

I could not believe this! I seriously could not believe this! Oh God! How about the vacation plan?! And more importantly, how it’s going to be for my husband?! Oh my God, oh my God! What should I do now? If I back off, poor Gyeoul then. I also felt that she did not want to even join this camp since she’s already got her own plan for this semester break! This is so unfair! What is the hell problem with this lecturer? It’s not like there only both of us who scored the best for the previous exam! There’s a lot, if you want to know, sir!

“So, are you both going? If not, I need to ask other students.” He murmured then, pulling me away from my own thoughts. Oh, don’t give me that kind of look, mister! You think I don’t know what you’re trying to do here?! Even if we don’t want to go, we still need to go because we are your students, right?! Go to stupid hell with the student and lecturer thing!

I sighed deeply, clenching my fist tightly beside me. Calm down, Chaerin. Keep yourself cool now! Gyeoul who stood beside me still did not make any decision, looking hesitate and doubtful. I knew she probably felt guilty if she declined our lecturer invite. Huh! It’s not like we’re both have choice to make!

Gyeoul glanced at me, throwing me a meaningful look. I closed my eyes again, taking a deep breath before opening it again, staring at the man in front of me with no interest, feeling to punch him right on the face if it wasn’t the rule and policy that I need to follow!

“Yeah sure, sir. We’re both also do not have choice right?” I replied casually, throwing a cynic smile towards him. I don’t care anymore if you’re my lecturer, brother or whatsoever it is! You already ruined my plan, sir! You know that?!

Gyeoul nudged the side of my body with her elbow, coughing a little bit. I shook my head then, quickly realized what I’m doing. “Sorry, sir. I didn’t mean that. It just that I’ve already plan for my holiday, that’s all.” I spoke without feeling, throwing not so very smile towards my Account lecturer.

Gyeoul nodded, probably agreed with what I’m saying. “Well, I’m sorry for that. Don’t worry; you both will have a great time at the camp. I’ll make sure of that. Plus, asking both of you to join this camp and already agree to do that are a very big relieve for me.”

I could only smile, forcing my lips to do that actually. After briefing about every detail and others, Gyeoul and I bid our goodbye towards our lecturer then, excusing ourselves. Now, tell me people. How on earth I should do to inform about this matter towards my husband? Oh God… This is bad, really bad.

 

 

“Chaerin!” I snapped back to the reality right at once, turning my head to find that my friend, Gyeoul was running herself way towards me.

I threw a smile at her, pulling my head up to meet with Gyeoul’s face.

“What you’re doing here, huh? Don’t you want to join them?” she asked me, gesturing her hands towards a group of people; friends that also from our batch, happily playing volleyball game not far away from our spot.

I shook my head, still smiling. “No, that’s okay. Besides, I’m not in the mood to play, Gyeoul. I just want to enjoy some time alone.” I replied to her which made her raising one of her eyebrows.

“You want me to leave you alone then?” she asked me again. I chuckled quietly then, shaking my head quickly. “I don’t ask you to leave! Just telling you that I need some time alone. If you want to join me, you are freely to do so.” I told her, stretching my hand around me, showing the big space that was more than enough for her to sit.

She laughed then, took off her beach footwear before placing it on the sand, settling beside me, sitting on her footwear then.

“I couldn’t believe that we’re both having been here for two days already! And tomorrow, I’ll be home again!” Gyeoul said excitedly, giggling like a child that just got some stuff. I chuckled in response, shaking my head then.

“Believe it, Gyeoul. I already can’t wait to get myself home, hugging someone back there.” I quietly muttered under my breath, my mind thought about someone right on the spot. Someone that I’ve been missing for these past two days.

A small sigh escaped from my mouth which eventually caught Gyeoul’s interest towards me then.

“Chaerin, come on. I know what you’ve been feeling. You know, since the day we’re both arrived here.” I turned to look at Gyeoul, not denying at all what she’s been saying right now. It’s true after all, why should I deny it anymore? Right? Thanks to that person, I’m stuck here! If not, I should be enjoying my time with my husband, far away from here! Away from this country and everything!

“You don’t understand, Gyeoul. I like to be here; mentoring our friends and at the same time helping out our lecturers. But, I couldn’t deny the fact that I really don’t want to be here. You know I’ve already had a plan for this break but then… I could only say goodbye to all of that.” I murmured, sighing again.

Gyeoul threw me a sympathy smile, giving a small squeeze on my shoulder, comforting me probably. She her lips before spoke out then. “We’re just the same, Chaerin. What choices we have? Besides, I’ve also have my own plan. Maybe luck wasn’t by my side this time.” She told me, tucking few strands of her caramel colored hair that blew by the wind at the back of her ear.

“Well, we still get to do something useful though. Helping our friends and also the lecturers. Right?” I nodded my head, flipping my hair which seemed to hit my face few times due to the sudden windy breeze. For me, at least that’s what made me tried to forget everything that happened and just went on with the flow then, even though it’s hard actually.

“Anyway, speaking of lecturers, what’s up with our Account lecturer? Don’t get me wrong, Chaerin, but don’t you think that he’s really into you? I mean, come on… Don’t you think any other reason why both of us ended up here anyway?” Gyeoul spoke in lower voice; not wanting others knew about the conversation that we’re both having now.

I shrugged my shoulder, honestly did not know or care anymore about this matter. I’m still feeling furious at that person and talking about him is the last thing I wanted to do right now. Just go die or leave me alone, Lee Soohyuk!

“To be truth, Chaerin, I don’t know if it’s you but for me, I don’t like the idea of it. You know? He’s our lecturer and you’re his student. Well, it’s weird. And… Yeah, weird. Totally.” Gyeoul concluded, making a disgusted face which made me chuckled then.

“But well, if you’re also having the same feeling with him, I can’t do anything right? Besides, it’s your right and your own life.” Gyeoul added more, flashing her white teeth towards me, wriggling her eyebrows playfully then.

I rolled my eyes then, looking away. There she was, starting all over again. As if I didn’t know what that expression was all about. Tsk! I could hear Gyeoul laughing then, knowing too well that her laugh actually directed towards me. Yeah, right… Well, I’m used to it now. After all, she is my closest friend compared to other people that I’ve known, so it’s not a very big deal for me to handle it.

 

 

After checking out from the resort room, both, Gyeoul and I went to the lobby area, bidding our goodbye towards each other. Gyeoul would be riding back to her house with a neighborhood friend of hers. At first, she also invited me to join them, giving me a ride back to my house but of course, I didn’t want my little ‘secret’ to be leaked, so doing the right thing; I politely declined the offer, saying that I just took the taxi service.

Besides, the distance from where this camp is held to my house probably less than an hour. I knew that I should call my so beloved husband, informing him to pick me up here. But well, I did not want to trouble him because I exactly clear and certain that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter