♤ 27 - Capítulo Veintisiete

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“YOU’RE WHAT!?”

I bite my lips, closing my eyes in respond. I knew this would come, that’s why I mentally noted myself to prepare earlier for everything that will be coming. And I was right.

“Dara, please…” I murmured quietly. I looked up at her, her face looked extremely shock. Well, it supposed to look that way actually. “Don’t give me that look, Chaerin! And please, for God’s sake tell me you’re joking!” Dara angrily talked back in such a high pitch voice.

Seriously, this person? The whole house of hers can actually hear this conversation that we both having if she’s going to continue talking in that kind of voice. I shrugged slightly, taking a deep breath then. Before I could even open my mouth, Dara cut me earlier, expressing her anger on me, of course.

“How could you?! You’re my best friend!” she exclaimed, emphasizing the word ‘best friend’ in her sentence just now. “How could you left me out from this, big important news!? Do you know how hurt I feel right now? For what you have done?!” she ogled at me, crossing her arms on her chest, shaking her head in disbelief.

I knew what she felt. Of course I knew. But, I have my own reason why I did that actually. And that is what I trying to do right now.

I stood up then, walking closer towards my best friend. “Dara…” I called out for her, touching her shoulder softly with my palm. She did not look at my way but at least I could feel that her body softens a bit under my touch. I pressed my lips together, trying to find the right words to soothe my angry friend here.

“Listen to what I’m going to say, will you? I know that you’re mad at me. No, not just mad but probably hate me right now. But please, understand me. You should at least give me time to explain, so that you know the reason why I’m doing this.” I carefully murmured; spoke in a very soft way.

“I’m sorry for not telling you earlier. I know that this reaction will come from you. You’re my best friend! How could you say that I left you out? Dara, never once in my life I want to ignore you, or at least push you away. I’ve known you for many years and you simply think that I don’t need you anymore in my life?” I tried to smile, shaking my head then.

I bite my lips, fighting my tears hardly. “I’m really sorry for telling you this right now. I know that I was wrong but please, forgive me. I have my own reason why I did that. It’s not my real intention to hide the fact that I’m already married. I’m so sorry, best friend…” I pleaded, my voice starting to crack.

I know this is stupid and maybe for her, I was trying to gain her attention but I just could not hold my tears anymore. I cannot bear to see both of us fighting actually.

Dara closed her eyes, sighing deeply. “Chae…” her voice calling for me.

“Please don’t cry. Look, I’m sorry too okay? I think that I overreacted just now.” Dara quietly muttered, facing towards me now. “No, you should be. If I’m being in your place, I probably react worst than you.” Dara tried to hide her smile listening to what I said just now.

“But seriously, why won’t you tell me earlier? How could you?” Dara whined, doing her cute face.

I laughed quietly, playfully slap her shoulder. “Of course there is a reason. If not, I could just told you and ask you to come to my wedding event.” I said then, sitting at the edge of her single sized bed. Yes, both of us currently in her room, solving the problem which is the news of my marriage.

I decided to tell her about my marriage which I think, based on my calculation, almost around… Oh great, I could not remember! What a good wife you are, Chaerin!

“You’re so mean, Chae! When my turn comes, I’m not going to invite you to my wedding also!”

My eyes widen hearing Dara’s sentence. Of course it just a joke but seriously? “Hey, you’re not playing fair! Well, at least I do have my own reason why I did that!” I backed up myself, playfully glare at her.

Dara rolled her eyes, crossing her arms then. “Then tell me what is your reason!” she said, putting some pressure on me actually. “Fine! Could you at least have some patience?” I snapped back, flipping my hair then.

“What do you expect me to do then? I was eighteen years old when that happens. At first, I did not agree to do that. I even had my first fight with my parent, specifically my father, of course.” Dara looked at me in surprise, probably not expecting that I would fight with my own parent probably.

“But, thing just suddenly change.” I continued trying to recall back what had happened before my wedding took place. “My husband… He just so different from what I thought he would be.” I smiled a bit, not knowing that Dara was actually studying all of my movements.

“You’re falling in love with him at the first sight?” Dara asked me. I pursed my lips, thinking to myself. Am I?

“I don’t know. Maybe yes. But, liked I said before, he is different from what I thought. I don’t know! What I can say, I really… umm, like him?” I shyly murmured, feeling my cheeks turning bright pink.

Dara tried to hide her laugh, looking at me then. “Wow, wow! Look at my Chae! Already grown up and finally open her eyes to a man! Quiet surprising actually.” She told, as if mocking me I thought. “But, didn’t you say just now that this marriage is arranged by both of the families? How can…”

I smiled, knowing what playing in Dara’s mind at that moment. “Well, time I supposed. Although sometimes I felt like everything comes so fast but I’ll manage it somehow. Besides, I think I’m the one who falling for him first.”

“So, you’re saying that you the one who confessed first? Seriously, Chae!?” I shrugged then, pursing my lips. “Dara, it just so painful for me to keep holding that feeling. Plus, he is my husband. What is it wrong for me to do that?” I asked her, raising my eyebrows.

Suddenly Dara came to sit next to me, grabbing my shoulder so that I was facing her.

“But, it won’t be… normal then? I mean, wasn’t the guy suppose to confess first? Why it must be you? Is your husband a shy one?” I laughed then, shaking my head.

“No, he’s not! Well, sometimes a bit. But no, he just… Him. Look, for me that thing doesn’t matter at all. I love him, Dara. Really, really into him. Right now, he’s everything for me.” I shyly admitted, feelings embarrassed with my sudden confess towards my best friend.

Dara smiled then, a sweet, meaningful smile.

“You really in love with him, don’t you?” I looked up at her, shrugging before slowly nodding my head.

“Well, I can see that. And I know how it feels because I also been there before, in your shoes.” I glanced at Dara, smiling also.

“With Taeyang?” she smiled, nodding her head then. “But right now, I feel like we’re both busy. So, we don’t have time to see each other actually. He with his music and studies, while me with part time job and also studying. It’s really hard you know with what’s going on here.” Dara quietly muttered, taking a deep breath.

“But that’s okay. At least, I know he’s loyal to me. Or else, I will kill him!” Dara playfully said, showing her fist. I laughed then before both of us laughed together, the room echoed with our laugh sound.

“Anyway, there’s something I need to ask you actually. And I hope you won’t be shy with it.” Dara suddenly turned serious which kind of made me feel uneasy. What is it that she going to ask?

She bites her lips, looking at me with careful eyes. “When you and your husband expecting your first child? I mean, come on… Don’t you guys expect anything right now?” she asked me slightly, her face was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter