♤ 49 - Capítulo Cuarenta Y Nueve

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Lately, I did not know whether it just me or was my own feeling. No matter how hard I tried to think or come up with a reasonable, logical reasons; all of it did not make sense at all. I knew it was weird to say something like this but trust me, you might understand why I talked all of this right now.

What I meant was that my husband behavior lately. It’s not like he’s changing into a monster or something; it just that his behavior and the way he acted sometimes made me felt a bit worried and even wondering whether the one  with me right now is my own husband or another person who has the same face, body and voice just like my ‘real’ husband.

I noticed about the ‘changes’ like past month which meant this matter happening here probably lasted for almost two months now and it started to freak me out honestly. I started to feel weird that night; when something that he asked from me was so unexpectedly.

 

 

As usual, I was in the kitchen; washing the dishes that been used for the dinner that my husband and I had just now when I heard the sounds of footsteps approaching closer towards the kitchen.

“Sweetheart?” I heard my husband calling which I hummed in respond without even looking at him.

“Can you bring me a drink later to my office room? I’ve got some work to do in the room, okay?” He told me; more like reminding me the daily routine that I used to do whenever he had some work to do in his office room. I nodded my head then, giving him a sweet smile on my lips.

I watched him went off with the corner of my eyes as I continued to wash the last few dishes in the sink; at the same time did not forget to boil some water to prepare my husband’s drink later on. I made him a light creamer coffee which he likes the most when he always does his work in his office room; he once told me because he needed to get himself awake and that’s the reason coffee is the perfect drink for him to help him in doing that which I quite agreed with him actually.

I poured the hot water into the mug which I’ve already put some coffee and creamer earlier, slowly stirring it before the drink was ready to be served to my husband. I went to his office room, did not forget to knock on the door first before slowly entering myself into the room. I was walking closer towards my husband when suddenly I heard him saying.

“Sweetheart?! What is that smell?” he asked me with a frown on his face.

I wrinkled my face, staring at him in confusion. “What smell, oppa?” I asked him back. He did not answer me but his head was moving left and right as if he was searching where is the ‘smell’ that he asked me just now. I went closer towards him before placing the already warm mug at a side of his work table.

“What’s this?” I glanced at him when he asked me that question.

“Your drink, of course, oppa. Just like you always drink, light creamer coffee.” I told him, staring at him weirdly like he just asked me a silly question seconds ago. “Why did you bring coffee to me? I don’t want coffee and – God, is that smell coming from the coffee? Sweetheart, take that thing away from me, please?”

I stared at my own husband in disbelief, my mouth hanging open for a few seconds. What?

“Oppa, that drink is your usual coffee which I always make it whenever you ask me to. You always drink that drink whenever you have some works to do in your office room. Even before when we lived at your place, you asked me the same thing. So, what’s wrong with you? Are you sick?” I asked him, could not hide my bewildered feeling.

My husband shook his head, clamping his mouth and also his nose now, not wanting to smell coming from the coffee that I just brought for him.

“Sweetheart, just take that drink away and can you please make me a new one? And please not a coffee or anything related to that kind of drink, okay? Please?” he told me, looking at me with a begging look.

I lightly scoffed, creasing my forehead as I took the mug then before slowly made myself out from the room. That’s really weird. I wondered what’s wrong with my husband? Or maybe it’s actually my own fault that I might ended up myself making a weird coffee tonight?

Well, who knows...

 

 

As I took a seat opposite from where Gyeoul was sitting, I went straight away to eat my food during the class break that day. I did not know why but I felt a little bit hungry today than usual and maybe that’s the reason why I’m eating like a person who don’t eat for like few days already.

“Chaerin, are you okay?” I suddenly heard Gyeoul asking after few minutes passed.

I looked up then, wiping some of the sauce stain at the corner of my mouth. “Yeah, I’m totally fine. Why did you ask me that question? Is there something wrong?”  I asked Gyeoul back, raising one of my eyebrows.

Gyeoul looked hesitate at first to answer my question; her lips twitched while her pair of eyes were staring at me for a moment of time which I did not have any idea why she’s doing that. “Gyeoul, is everything okay?” I repeated my question again, feeling a bit confused with my friend’s behavior right now.

She shook her head slowly before a small smile covered her lips. “No, everything is fine. It just that – there’s something a bit odd about you, Chaerin.” she quietly spoke, a small chuckle escaped from . I wrinkled my forehead, feeling curious. “Odd? Why? What is the odd thing that you’re talking about?” I curiously asked, grabbing her wrist now.

“Well, the odd thing is that I noticed you look kind of big eater lately. Don’t you notice? I mean – I know you; you’re not a person who eat so much at one time, only enough portion for you to have some energy but now, you’re eating as if you did not eat for like few days. Are you trying to gain weight or something?”

My eyes widen when I heard of what Gyeoul said to me just now. “What? Gaining weight? Are you serious, Gyeoul? No, of course not! Why? Do you think I’m doing that?” I looked at her in surprised, swallowing my saliva now.

She nodded her head before giving me a meaningful smile. “Actually yes, and you’re already gaining some weight, Chaerin. I meant it. You even look chubbier than I usually see you.” I stared at Gyeoul in shock when I heard the words coming out from .

I’ve gained weight?!

“You’re joking right, Gyeoul? Are you serious?!” I asked, my voice sounded a bit panic. No, this could not be happening to me!

Gyeoul let out a small laugh before shaking her head. “As much as I want to make a joke with you, Chaerin, I don’t think so. No, I’m serious right now. I think you’re look a bit chubbier than usual. Your face look more full especially that puff cheeks of yours. Maybe because you’ve been eating so much lately, that’s why your body gained some weight without you notice about it.” Gyeoul told me which left me in a state of freeze.

“But of course, maybe because all of us are busy preparing our final project right now. The dateline is this week, right? Maybe you’re just busy and that’s why you’re eating much lately because your body requires more energy than usual.” Gyeoul added more before I could open my mouth, probably did not want to upset me more about the gaining weight thing.

I shrugged uncomfortably at my place, feeling suddenly down. Maybe Gyeoul was right. What if I gained some weight and when my husband notices about my changes, he won’t love me anymore? Oh God! This is not going to happen to me! Not at all!

“You know what? Just forget about that thing I’ve told you earlier. Anyway, Chaerin, what is it the story that you want to tell me about? You know – about your husband weird changes?” I glanced at Gyeoul whom was looking at me, waiting for me to tell her the story.

I let out a sigh, pursing my lips then. “I don’t know, Gyeoul. He’s acting really weird lately. I feel like there’s something wrong somewhere. And the worst is I can’t figure out why he’s actually acting that way. It’s make me worried about him.” I confessed in low voice, pressing my lips together, completely forgotten about the gaining weight thing just now.

Gyeoul’s forehead creased then. “What do you mean by that? Did he do something terrible – you know what I mean…?” At first I did not catch up with what Gyeoul was trying to say until I realized it seconds then. “No! No, no, of course not!” I quickly denied, shaking my head in respond.

“That’s not what I really mean when I said something is wrong.” I told Gyeoul then. “Well, then, what is it?” Gyeoul asked me after that.

“Well – it just that, the way he acted lately a bit weird. You know, like not the usual of him. For example, I’ve always make a coffee drink for him whenever he has some works to do since he needs to stay up a bit late; but lately, he did not even drink the coffee that I made for him. He can’t even smell the scent of the coffee.” I murmured towards Gyeoul, chewing on my own lips.

Now, it was Gyeoul who wrinkled her forehead. “Okay, that’s a bit weird.” I nodded my head, totally agreed with her words. Of course it’s weird and that’s why I’m a bit worried about my husband. Is he sick or something? Why he suddenly changed to this drastic?

“Maybe he just wanted to change his taste. You know, sometimes people want to try new taste in their life. Or maybe he just bored with coffee and wants you to make something other than coffee for him.” Gyeoul pointed out then. I looked at her with both my eyebrows raising. “You think so? That’s why he acted weirdly than usual?” Gyeoul lifted her shoulders, pursing her lips. “You don’t have to be really worried, Chaerin. It’s not like he done a bad, terrible thing. Just think that he wants something new to taste in his life. Sometimes, peoples’ taste can change all of sudden.” Gyeoul informed me which I just nodded my head listening to what she was saying.

“But don’t you think it just a bit odd when a person changes all of sudden?” I asked Gyeoul when we both walked out from the cafeteria area, heading to the library now.

Gyeoul shrugged, pursing her lips. “Maybe. But, isn’t that changes come such in drastic, unnoticed way?” she prompted back, looking at me with both her eyebrows raising.

I just let that thing off because believe it or not, somehow it sounded a bit true for me.

 

 

“Oppa, can I ask you something?” I glanced towards my husband who was facing his laptop, sitting on a stool at the kitchen counter.

He turned to look up at me, a small smile placed on his lips. “What is it, sweetheart?”

I went towards the kitchen counter, standing across from him. “Do you notice any changes on me? I mean – my body?” I quietly murmured, slowly spinning myself around in front of the kitchen counter which I felt a bit silly for doing that. I wanted to laugh myself when I realized the confused expression displayed on my beloved husband’s face.

“What’s wrong? What do you mean, sweetheart?” he asked me back, his forehead creasing.

“I don’t know. It just that Gyeoul told me that I’ve might gained some weight, oppa. And don’t you notice? Lately, I’ve been eating more than usual. It’s like I’m a starving person who just found some food.” I expressed my concern, biting on my lips.

A soft chuckle escaped from my husband’s mouth then before he slightly gazed at me. “Sweetheart, it’s not a crime if you’re eating a lot! And yes, I actually noticed about that but come on – you’re a student right now, isn’t it? So, sometimes, it’s normal if you hungry. You have a lot of assignments and other things that you need to do after. Plus, you also married and have other responsibility too.” I heard my husband softly murmured.

“And that’s also include in taking care of me.” he added more later on.

I smiled widely, shaking my head then. “Anyway, what are you making?” he asked me after that when I walked away from the kitchen counter, continued back the leftover work that I left before.

“Oh, some chocolate milk drink. I feel like drinking it tonight.” I simply replied. “Really? Can I have some?” Thank God, I did not let go the glass that I was holding at the moment when I heard the request coming from my own husband. WHAT?

I turned to stare at my husband, scoffing in disbelief. “What?” my husband questioned me back when he noticed my expression. “Oppa, you never drink milk before. And you don’t even like milk before this. Now, you’re asking some from me?” I asked him, frowning then.

“Sweetheart, why you’re staring me like I’ve done something terrible? Come on, please. Just let me have a taste for that drink you made.” my husband pleaded at me and based on the look on his face, he looked like he really wanted the drink that I just made seconds ago.

With a confusion expression on my face, I still handed him the glass of chocolate milk which I made it by myself when I’m feeling to do that. I saw with my own eyes how my husband drank that drink without any difficulties as if he always drink that kind of drink even though in reality, he actually kind of hate everything that is related to milk. But of course, he eats the dairy product and stuff – it just that for drinking milk whether fresh or a flavored one, he never did that before. I knew this because I’ve once offered him a glass of milk drink which he drank it without knowing what was he’s drinking and the next thing, he threw up the milk that he drank before. And that is when I knew, he’s not a milk drinker.

“You know what, oppa? You’re acting really weird lately.” I muttered softly, taking a seat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter