♤ 28 - Capítulo Veintiocho

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

She had been staring for the white rectangular piece of paper more than five minutes already. Her lips was pressing together, her forehead creased showing how serious her face looked at this moment.

“What I’m supposed to do now?” she mumbled quietly, staring at the piece of paper that really means a lot to her. Chaerin could never expect that she got this scholarship offer. She was not being grateful or something but this offer thing really bothers her.

She was doing the house chores; mopping every room that she could, cleaning up every inch inside the big house and also not to forger preparing for today dinner of course. Jiyong already texted her, saying that he could not have lunch with her today due to the sudden visit of his clients from other company. Well, talking about a big, successful company, no wonder it is always like that.

As she was enjoying her time alone, doing what she used to do everyday ever since she turned into a married person, the intercom at the front door of the house suddenly buzzed.

“Sorry for disturbing you, Mrs. Kwon. But there is someone wants to meet you.” The voice said. Chaerin quickly ran herself way to the intercom, pushing one of the buttons on it. The intercom then flashed a video, showing a person face, the security and probably the owner of the voice just now.

“Oh, that’s okay, you’re not disturbing. Do I know the person that wants to meet me?” Chaerin asked politely, looking at intercom screen, the security was facing at the other side, probably looking at the guest that wants to meet Chaerin.

“She said that she from International Scholarship Overseas Studying, InterSOS. Her name is Jung Hanaa. Do you want me to let her in?” the security asked.

Chaerin was taken aback for a second, thinking about the guest that come to see her. “Yeah, sure.” She said then, feeling rude if she just let her guest waiting for her. She then dashed herself into the living room, taking off the apron that she wore just now since she was doing house chores a while ago.

The house bell rang seconds then, Chaerin knew that the guest already arrived. Taking a deep breath, she slowly walked herself towards the door, pressing the code to unlock the door before opening it, revealing a young woman; probably around her late twenties, her dark brunette color hair was in braided hairstyle. She has such a small face, a little mole located at the side of her right eye. Chaerin found it as an attractive charm for it somehow.

“Ms. Lee.” She addressed Chaerin, her lips smiling sweetly showing a dimple only one side at her left cheek.

Chaerin smiled back, hand shaking with the person in front of her. “Please, come in. Do make yourself comfortable.” Chaerin invited, taking few steps inside the house, heading towards the living room.

“What a very luxury and beautiful house you have here, Ms. Lee.”

Chaerin’s lips curved wider, feeling pleased to hear Hanaa’s words. “Thank you for the compliment. Please, take a seat.” Chaerin pointed towards the couch in the living room. “Would you like anything to drink? Coffee? Tea?” Chaerin asked politely, a very ordinary question that she always asks any guest that come visit.

Hanaa shook her head. “No, thanks. Actually, I have something important to discuss with you, Mrs. Kwon, if you don’t mind?” Chaerin smiled, nodding her head a bit, taking a seat opposite with Hanaa.

“Is it about the scholarship?”

Hanaa nodded her head. “Yes, it is indeed. I don’t mean to disturb your time but I will make this quick, don’t worry.” She assured, flashing her white teeth. “Well, as you might already know, I’m from the InterSOS agency, one of the well-know agency in providing facilities and scholarship for the students who get a really good result in their final exam; whether high schools, colleges or universities.”

“Basically, I think you know the reason why I’m here today anyway, right now. Our agency would like to offer you a scholarship to study at the overseas, in whatever course that you want to take. Fully support from us.” Hanaa explained carefully.

Chaerin looked at the person in front of her. “Ms. Jung. The scholarship that your agency offer, is it still be considered as an offer if the candidate already married?” Chaerin asked straightforward, not need to hide the fact that she is someone’s wife.

Hanaa stared at Chaerin in a surprise, her eyes widen a bit. “You mean, you’re already married, Ms. Lee?” she asked Chaerin, her voice was shock.

Chaerin nodded her head, smiling before showing her left hand, a diamond ring; Tiffany&Co. brand new design ring fit perfectly on Chaerin’s ring finger. “Yes. And it is Mrs. Kwon to be exact.” She simply replied, shyly smiling then. “You mean, your husband is Kwon Jiyong? The owner of the big, successful, empire company? I did not know that he actually married already!” Hanaa exclaimed, her face could not hide the fact that she was so surprise. A pang of jealousy suddenly hit Chaerin’s heart.

“Err, yes. That is my husband.” Chaerin stated, her lips smiled sweetly.

Hanaa nodded her head then. “I guess that maybe you should find other candidate, Ms. Jung. I’m not qualified enough to be offered with this scholarship. Although I know that your agency is a very famous one but still, I’m already married. Isn’t the candidate for this scholarship offer has to agree the terms and conditions before signing the contract right? And I’m sure, marriage is one of the lists in the contract.” Chaerin said, smiling then.

A sigh escaped from Hanaa’s mouth then. “Yes, I guess you right, Ms. Lee. I mean, Mrs. Kwon. We all already agree with that condition though.” Hanaa muttered, smiling a bit.

“But, you still can think about this offer. I mean, I tried to talk with my agency regarding this matter. I know it might be impossible but you just too good for us to let go. You’re such a great person and it will be such a waste if we just let you walk away. Besides, this golden opportunity only comes once.” Hanaa added more, looking at Chaerin.

“Here, this is the official letter about the offer that you received from us. I will contact you soon, to let you know about this. And if luck on your side, who knows you still have the chance. Of course I know you already married, but still, just think about it, okay? Plus, you’re still young. Won’t it be waste if you let this thing go? I’m sure you also have your own achievement that you want to grab, right?”

Chaerin pressed her lips together, not knowing what to answer. Well, she actually knows what she was thinking, her mind telling her that what Hanaa said just now was right anyway.

 

 

Dara threw her look outside her window, viewing her mother who was talking with their neighbor.

“So what you’re saying just now?” she asked again, giving her attention on the call.

Chaerin rolled her eyes. “I’m saying that I don’t know what to do. Are you listening to me or not?” Chaerin’s voice replied in higher sound than before. She sounded a bit annoyed towards her best friend.

“I’m listening, Chae. Cut that high voice of yours. So, what you’re thinking now? Have you told him yet? I mean, your husband, of course.” Dara mumbled, sitting on a chair near to her small desk at an angle in her room.

Chaerin let out a big sigh then. “No, not yet. I actually don’t know how. Besides, like I told you before, this thing has not been confirmed yet. I’m married, remember?” Chaerin reminded her best friend about her status right now. Dara chewed her lips, thinking. That’s right. She actually forgot the fact that her best friend already married and that status of her right now makes the problem right now.

“Then, what’s the big deal? Just decline the offer. Come on, Chae. We’re talking about you. You’re the one who need to make decision because you’re the one who going to go through this. Whatever it is, you’re still need to ask your husband. He’s your husband, he has right to know about this.” Dara giving out her opinion. “You’re the one who told me before that this offer is not confirmed yet, at least tell your husband first. Maybe he knows better what to do or to decide. He’s older than you, best friend!” Dara added more, crossing her legs together.

Chaerin threw her head back to the couch, sighing again. “I don’t know, Dara. I mean, I’m afraid that he will think that the reason why I had to decline this offer is because I’m married with him. I don’t want him to think like that. Of course that offer is a good one for me, but still I love this marriage.” Chaerin continued, pressing her lips together, feeling depressed now.

“That’s why you need to talk. Maybe it only just you who would think that way. Your husband is way older than you. Plus, he’s a businessman, Chae. What do you expect than from him? That he will scold you for this small matter? I don’t think so.” Dara talked back, trying to calm Chaerin down.

“But Dara, this is not a small problem. Okay, maybe for you it is. Can you imagine being in my position? What would you do?” Chaerin replied back, not feeling satisfied with Dara words.

Dara closed her eyes, feeling frustrated with Chaerin. Sometimes, Chaerin can be so annoying when it comes something like this. Why on earth her best friend could not think in such positive way? Why can she be so intelligent in academic or that sort of stuff but when it comes somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter