♤ 31 - El Capítulo Treinta Y Uno

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

I jumped in surprise, startled due to the loud sound coming from the door that just been slammed. I looked up then, my eyes found its way to a familiar figure that was approaching closer towards me; her face was unreadable from my observation. I wondered what it is now…

“I want to file a divorce!” her almost furious voice sounded loudly in the room.

I was startled for a moment, staring at the very familiar figure that was standing in front of me, her arms crossing fiercely on her chest.

“You… what?” I asked quietly. My voice barely came out in a whisper.

Chaerin scoffed, smiling in such a cynic way. “Are you deaf!? I said that I want a divorce! I don’t want to continue this anymore! This stupid, ridiculous marriage that actually have ruined my life!” she exclaimed angrily, her body was shaking due the furious feelings that growing inside her body right now.

I stood up then, my legs made its way to move towards my wife. “Chaerin, what are you saying? What nonsense are you talking about right now?” I asked her back, feeling disbelief to hear Chaerin’s unexpected words seconds ago.

“I’m not saying nonsense thing, Kwon Jiyong! You heard me, right? I want you to divorce me! Let me go! I don’t want to be tied with you anymore! Divorce me, you stupid, useless jerk!”

“CHAERIN!” I shouted back in loud voice, could not believe my ears! What the hell!?

“Sir? Sir, wake up! Sir!” I suddenly heard a voice calling for me. I did not realize that I was shaking at that time; my body was drenched in sweat. My eyes fluttered open in shock and I was greeted with a face that was staring down at me, a worried expression plastered on her face.

“Oh God…” I mumbled quietly, fiercely wiping my face with my palm, sitting upright then.

The stewardess looked at me long before throwing me with a question then. “Are you alright, sir? I heard that you were saying something just now.” She told me softly, standing right beside my seat. I let out a sigh then, shaking my head.

“Can I have a glass of water? Please?” I asked her. She nodded her head slowly then. “I’ll be right back, sir.” She bowed her head a bit before slowly walking away, making sure to move in a silence. I leaned my body back to the seat, taking a deep breath.

Talking about nightmare and bad dream…

I shook my head, trying to erase the dream that I’ve dreamed just now. I could not help but to think what is it mean about. Is that like an omen or something? That something bad going to happen? Oh God, please let me be false this time. Please don’t let anything bad happen now. It’s already too much torture for me and Chaerin to have another hard moment to take on after this.

The waitress then came back to me, holding a glass of cold water in her hand. “Here you go, sir.” She handed me the glass of water then. “Is there anything else that I can get for you, sir?” she asked me after few seconds passed, I think.

I smiled at her, shaking my head and not to forget to thank her for the service. I know that it is her job to serve us, the passengers in this plane especially the first class and also business class passengers who always get the best service in any plane that they fly in. I currently in the business class section, flying back to my country at this time.

I was peacefully sleeping back then; relaxing myself a little bit after having a hard week due to my work before the ‘nightmare’ came and crushing down my peaceful sleep. I turned my head, looking around the business class section. Most other passengers already fallen asleep, few of them preferred to sleep in sitting position but the rest of them including myself preferred to sleep by lying down our body, adjusting out seats to a more comfortable position.

I pulled out my cell phone that, the clock shown that it almost three in the morning. There still few hours to go before I finally can breathe again the atmosphere of being home. How I wish time flies faster now…

 

 

When I reached at the international airport around six in the morning, it was quiet at that time. Well, it’s very early in the morning and that explained why only groups of people just lingering around the airport including ones who work here also.

I did not want to trouble my family to fetch me up at the airport since it’s still early in the morning. Fortunately, luck was by my side that morning, I found a taxi and rode it way back to my parent house. I was still in my sleepy mode since I did not have enough sleep in the plane back then.

It’s not that the condition of the plane that did not let me sleep, it just that I’m afraid to fell asleep again, feeling scared that I might dream the same terrible dream that I’ve had once before that. It was dark; the street lights still brightly shine its light the moment when the taxi reached at my parent house. I was about to laugh at the taxi driver; probably a middle-aged man, around his forties or fifties something like that I assumed. I could see the surprise look on his face after seeing my parent house.

Maybe he was wondering why on earth a person like me who has a big, wide house could take a taxi from the airport to get back to his house. Well, it’s actually my parent house not mine. Anyway, I paid the taxi driver then, telling him to keep the change, gave him my tired smile before climbed out from the taxi then.

I watched the taxi slowly become smaller for my sight before it fully vanished away from my sight then. I pulled my luggage with me and also few other things that I brought along, slowly with tired, worn out body walking towards the house. The front door was locked so whatever it is, I still need to ring the bell and wait someone to open the door for me since I did not have the keys with me. It was my mother who opened the door then, her face could not hide the shock expression when looking at my face.

“Jiyong!? Oh my God! When did you arrive, dear? Why don’t you tell me to pick you up at the airport?” she asked me once she welcomed me into the house, and of course hugging me tightly. I smiled at her then. “I didn’t want to trouble you, mom. Besides, it’s still early in the morning right?” I told her, softly patting her shoulders.

She just threw me a look which I pretended for not seeing it. I know what it means though. “Anyway, it’s really good to be home. I’m so tired, mom. I couldn’t even sleep well in the plane.” I murmured towards my mother, walking by her side, taking up the flight of stairs.

My mother chuckled then. “Well then, you better get some rest, Ji. Did Chaerin know about your arrival? I’m actually surprised to see you at the front door just now since Chaerin told me last night that you’re coming home today, taking the evening flight. So, I supposed you should arrive by midnight or something.”

I smiled in such an innocence way. Well, the truth is I am supposed to take the evening flight. But, being the stubborn mind of mine, I asked Rania to cancel my evening flight, asking her help to look for night flight. Fortunately, there was one and I immediately booked for it. So, here I am, early in the morning, back to where I’m supposed to be.

“You should rest, Ji. Your face looked so tired. I think Chaerin is still sleeping though. Poor that young girl. Dami dropped a visit yesterday, so her child really did make Chaerin done a lot of things.” My mother explained, smiling widely.

I nodded my head then, kissing her cheek before excused myself then, making my way towards my room. Quietly, I opened my room door, peaking inside; it was pitch black in the room. I carefully tip toed myself into the room, hoping that I would not create any sound since I knew that my wife was sleeping soundly on the bed, her soft snore could be heard by my ears.

After I settled down with my luggage and everything else, I took off my jacket that I wrapped around my waist just now, putting it on the luggage then. I yawned then, knowing that I really need some sleep and rest and even my body and mind agreed with me at this moment.

I quietly climbed the bed then, sitting at first, my eyes staring at my wife. Although it was so dark in the room and I barely could see a thing, I know that I was looking directly towards my wife. My lips curved into a small line, smiling like a foolish person at that time. I softly caressed my wife’s head, playing with her soft, floral scent raven hair.

She moved a bit; probably felt that someone was disturbing her sleep. I chuckled quietly before shut my mouth then, not wanting to wake her up. Slowly then, I lowered my body down, carefully not making many movement, laid down on the bed, snuggling closer towards my wife then. I wrapped my arms around her, feeling her warmth heat against my body.

Oh God, this is such a heaven feeling. This is the place that I missed mostly; being by her side, feeling her in my arms. I could feel her body stiffen before she suddenly turned around, switching on the table lamp, the dim light lighten up the room a little bit. Now, I could see her face a bit clearer.

“What the –“

“Shh…” I placed my index finger on her lips, quieting her down. Her eyes widen in surprise, her forehead creased then. “Wait. Oppa!? Is that you?” she removed my index finger, looking at me with shock expression, a gasp escaped from .

I tried to smile, softly combed few of her hair strands away from her lovely face with my fingers, nodding at her slowly. “Yes, this is me. Kwon Jiyong, your husband.” I muttered under my breath. “You look surprised to see me though.” I added more, pulling her closer towards me again, her back rested perfectly against my chest, her warmth once again lingered around my body.

Oh, how I love to be in this place, me by her side; closing and hugging her with my arms, knowing that all of this is real.

She tried to turn around to face me but I held her tighter, not letting her to move. “Aren’t you supposed to take the flight today? I mean, this evening right?” she asked me again, suspicious probably playing in her mind right now.

“Well… It supposed to be that way but turn out, there something else better. I just grabbed the chance then. Maybe I’m just lucky enough, I guess.” I simply replied, my eyes felt heavy now. “When did you arrive anyway?” she asked more. I noticed that she was snuggling closer towards me, her head was tucked under my chin, her small body trapped by my arms wrapping around her.

“Around six? I don’t remember the specific time though.” I tried my best to answer her question, inhaling her floral, sweet scent hair. To be honest, I’ve worn out already and sleeping is the top main thing that I wanted to do right now actually.

“Oppa?” I could barely hear her voice calling for me, I almost drift to sleep already.

“Hmm?” I sleepily responded. I did not think I have energy left to even speak at all. “Sleep well. And welcome home. I’m glad you’re back earlier than I thought.” She quietly whispered before slowly drifted into sleep. I knew that my lips curved into a grin, smiling before joining my wife into the dreaming land, dozing off then.

 

 

When I woke up, I realized that the other side of the bed already empty. And it also cold. That could mean that Chaerin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter