♤ 16 - Capítulo Dieciséis

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, okay. I’ll see you then.” I said with a small smile on my lips.

As soon as the conversation with my husband over, I quickly hang up, not waiting any minute to wait at all. If he ever going to tell anything after what I said just now, it will be a waste because I’ll probably do not know what he’ll be saying about.

I took a deep breath, pursing my lips. Okay, that’s done. But, why I feel like a wave of nervousness building up in my body right now? And my mind could not even work properly as it usual is? That’s weird.

Screw that. Whatever it is, I’ve already done what Aunt Jenny asked me to do earlier. I walked myself into the dining room again, staring with awe reaction, looking at the elegant and of course neat arrangement on the dining table. My husband’s aunt really knows well how to make things turn into something that looks luxury for people eyes.

“Wow, aunt. You set up all of this?” I asked with a small gasp, looking at Aunt Jenny surprisingly.

Her lips curved into a broad smile then.

“Of course, Rinnie. You like it?” my head automatically nodded then.

“I don’t like it. I adore it!” I exclaimed, hugging Aunt Jenny by her right side then, wrapping my arm around her ant-sized waist.

She let out a chuckle then. “Well, I’m glad. But, I don’t think it’s me the one who make this thing to be such a beautiful one. It’s yours cooking that make this dining table more awesome.” I shyly smiled at her then, feeling myself blush a little bit.

“I bet Jiyong will absolutely fell for this!” Aunt Jenny said then, giving me that confidence of smile. Well, she really is a person with full of confidence and has this all positive aura around her. I like it anyway.

“Speaking of him, where is that young man? I’m already starving here!” Aunt Jenny continued, pouting her lips then.

I let out a small laugh then. “I’m sure Jiyong oppa is on his way right now. Let’s just wait for him, okay aunt? I know you can wait a little bit longer.” I softly said, rubbing Aunt Jenny arm then.

She sighed then, giving me a small smile. I watched her walked out from the dining area, telling me that she’s going to watch the television in the living room while waiting for her nephew to get here. My eyes darted back towards the dining table, giving a last check up on it. I’m pretty sure everything looks good for my sight actually.

As I was about to have a drink for myself, the doorbell suddenly rang, meaning that my husband already here. Oh God! Okay, keep yourself calm, Chaerin. Take a deep breath and slowly let it go. Here’s go for nothing. Keep calm and act normally like you always are.

I skipped myself towards the main door, passing an area of a room before stood right in front of the black metal door, once again taking a deep breath.

My hands slowly unlock the password code before opening it then, revealing my husband who was standing right in front of the door, out of sudden my heartbeat stopped beating for a second.

“Am I late?” he asked me, looking at me with worry expression.

A small smile formed on my lips before I shook my head slowly then. “Not really. But, you do make aunt starving while waiting for your presence.” I answered then.

He smiled then, rubbing the back of his neck, giving me that kind of innocence face. I couldn’t deny that my husband really looks cute when he did that.

Wait! What I’m blabbering about? This is getting insane! Get yourself together, Chaerin! What is happening to you actually? You’re acting weird now, and it’s weird you know!

“Are you okay?”

“Huhh?” I asked dumbfounded for what happening around me right now.

He chuckled then. “Aren’t you coming with me? We have lunch. Remember?” he told me, giving me that smile that I could not know how to describe or even knowing the meaning of it. This is crazy!

“Err, yeah. You’re right.” I said quickly, following right behind him then.

 

 

 

It was quiet when all three of us were eating at that moment. Probably because it’s more proper for all of us from talking especially when eating. Am I right? Well, one of my teachers from my primary school told that to me. She said it’s all about manners and everything, and what more important is that when you were born as a girl, you really need to take serious with this kind of thing.

You know what I mean right? Woman and manners. They could not be separate too far away.

I was deep in my own thoughts that I couldn’t even notice that my husband and Aunt Jenny were actually having a conversation there.

“What do you mean by that, aunt?” I heard my husband voice saying, his face wrinkled a bit.

I turned my attention to both of them, focusing now. “You know what I mean, Ji. I couldn’t hide my surprise when Rinnie told me that you agreed to join us for lunch today since you RARELY do that.” Aunt Jenny answered, emphasizing the ‘rarely’ word while giving a look towards my husband.

My husband just shrugged then, continued to eat his foods quietly.

“So, what the thing that makes you change your mind for today?” Aunt Jenny asked while looking at my husband, stuffing a tuna sushi into making her cheeks looked puff.

“Look. Is it really weird if I come home to join you and my wife for a lunch? Chaerin asked me if I want to join you both and I said yes. Besides, it’s difficult to know that you made all of this. I didn’t know that you’re actually can make sushi, aunt.” He muttered, slowly munching some of the sushi that he ate just now.

I realized the confused expression on Aunt Jenny’s face then.

Crap! This is not good…

“Excuse me? What did you say just now?” Aunt Jenny looked at her nephew in disbelief way.

“Which one? The one that I told you that you’re good in making this food? I’m serious, aunt. It’s good.” My husband murmured quietly, smiling a bit then.

“Wait, Ji. You mean that I’m the one who cooked and made all of this?” My husband nodded his head then.

“Rinnie. Is there something that I miss? Or I should know from you?” Aunt Jenny turned her attention towards me now, raising one of her eyebrows.

I let out a breathless laugh then. “Oh my, this shrimp tastes really good. Don’t you want to try, aunt? Oppa?” I tried to run away from the question that Aunt Jenny asked me just now, immediately filled my mouth with few sushi shrimp, giving a nervous smile then.

“Aunt, what’s going on here actually? Why you’re both look weird in my eyes?” My husband suddenly spoke, giving both of us this confuse stare.

Aunt Jenny gave me a look before glanced towards her nephew then.

“For your information Ji, I’m not the one who cooked or made all of this. It’s your wife, Rinnie, the one who made all of this. I’m only her assistant, helping her few things while making this.” Aunt Jenny blurted out, splitting the truth towards my husband.

I did not miss the big shock expression on my husband’s face when Aunt Jenny told him about that.

“You… You made all of this?” he turned to look at me now, still have that shock face.

I looked away then, shrugging myself. Please don’t get me wrong. It’s not like I’m personally made all of this for you, my husband. I made this because I wanted to try new thing. Yeah, right Chaerin. Is it really is?

Okay, maybe not!

“Well… Yeah, I made all of this.” I quietly murmured after few seconds then.

“Actually, this is my first time I made sushi in my life. I never do it before because I think that it’s kind of complicated to do it? Thanks to aunt, she’s really helping me to do this. And not to forget, few stolen recipes that I got from my internet research.” I want to laugh when I told him this actually. God, this is really embarrassing!

“Sorry if it tastes bad. I’m not a good cooker anyway.” I honestly said based on my opinion and what I thought.

It’s not like I’m trying to act all humble here but seriously, that’s what I think about myself. I’m still learning for God’s sake! And I’m not a professional chef anyway.

“And I’m sorry if it’s not like all those sushi that you’ve eaten before, oppa. This is not a high-class or five star hotel rated sushi. All of this made by Aunt Jenny and me.” I kept muttering, smiling by myself, not noticing the stare from my husband.

“It was made by you, Rinnie. I’m only helping you with that. That is the correct statement. And Jiyong, please… Don’t stare at Rinnie with that look! Say something at least, young man!” Aunt Jenny told, casually throwing her napkin at him.

I tried to hide a smile, glancing at my husband then. Okay, please stop staring at me. Do you really need to do that? It’s scaring me now. Suddenly, I felt his hand softly patted my head, sending me this electricity flow in my body. I froze then.

“I didn’t know you can cook very well. You amazed me, you know.” He spoke with a soft tune, smiling at me proudly.

I didn’t dare to look at him, pretending to continue eating my food then. I noticed that Aunt Jenny was smiling at both of us, also continuing to eat her food then.

“Oppa, why don’t you take that dish? You don’t like it?”

I glanced at my husband few minutes later then, realizing that he never touches one of this dishes which is a small round plate fulfilled with some of cockle sushi. Aunt Jenny is the one who loves this dish that she’s been taking it few of them.

“Rinnie.” I turned to look at Aunt Jenny who was calling me. “Hmm?”

“I think you should know –“

“That’s okay. Give me that plate, Chaerin.” My husband interrupted then, looking at me with a small smile.

I pursed my lips then, handing him the plate with cockle sushi, watching him took one full bite before munching it and slowly swallowed it.

“How is it? Okay or terrible?” I asked him, looking at his expression which looked a bit weird for me.

“It’s good.” He quietly muttered, smiling then. I smiled back then, feeling proud with myself. Well, maybe I should cook more often after this and let him judge my food then. It is a good way for a person like me who is still in the learning process of cooking.

Finishing our lunch, my husband kindly offered to help Aunt Jenny to do the dishes while I’m cleaning the dining table. It’s funny how I needed to listen to Aunt Jenny who sometimes scolded my husband due to the fact that he’s not an excellent person in this house work thing.

After everything was done, I walked myself beside my husband towards the door, not knowing why I did that and it felt very awkward for me. Well, this is the first time I ever walk with him towards the door when he needs to go to the office. Before this, I just ended up; sending him with a wave from the dining area since he will has some breakfast first before going to the office.

“Erm, thanks again for joining me and aunt for lunch today.” I murmured quietly, trying to break down the awkward feeling that lingering around me at this moment.

He just smiled then.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter