The ending, but there'll be this extra chappie sort of thing after this

Romance topped with fried chicken

As it turns out, the whole "OnKey" thing was just a rouse. Onew never actually fell for Key; he was just annoyed at Joori because she tried to fool him into thinking that defrosted chicken was the same as fresh chicken.

THE SAME MY . You can't beat the taste of fresh food. You just can't. No matter how good your freezing technology is, there will always be a difference between fresh and frozen.

Anyway back to the story:

The day before the epic 'Onew falls in love with Key at first sight", Joori had made chicken (as usual). But, because she had been lazy that day and didn't want to run downstairs just to buy stuff that she already had in the freezer, she decided to defrost the frozen chicken she had. Unfortunately, Onew, being the chicken expert that he is, picked up on this right away. So, he decided to get back at Joori by 'falling in love' with Key.

Onew and Key had actually known each other for years now, and their strong friendship was in part due to the fact that Key's family owned a chicken farm. Key suggested that he play hard to get, which got a bit out of hand, then to surprise Joori with..well, a surprise, involving chicken, of course.

To Onew's surprise, and dismay, Joori seemed to have seen through this, and went to find Jonghyun as a filler boyfriend. Onew saw through this, of course, or rather, he, like most people, thought that Jonghyun was way out of Joori's league. At any rate, he never actually believed that Jonghyun and Joori were dating, but still, the fact that she seemed so 'close' with another guy irked him.

So, he had Key act like his boyfriend, and after winking and squinting and making a whole bunch of faces at Minho ajumma, she caught on. That's why she ate all those Thai chillies; she was too busy trying to think of a way to help him to notice what she was eating. As for the whole ia thing-- true, Minho did find Jonghyun hot, but her primary goal had been to drag him away from Joori, not capture him for her own good. She had wanted to, of course, since it was Jonghyun, but decided that doing such a thing would damage her grandson's mental health.

Onew did like Joori, and even though it wasn't quite as much as she liked him, he did like her. She thought that they were togeter only because of her fried chicken, and everyone else did too--but Onew himself knew it wasn't. Well, the fried chicken played the biggest part in their relationship, but it certainly wasn't the only part. She made good jajangmyun, bulgogi, kimchi chigae, kongguksu, kkakdugi...the list went on. (Which is to say that Onew saw Joori as a chef and not much else XD sorry, I honestly don't want to drag this into the whole shoujo tragedy type thing, been reading too much of that lately)

 

 

Jonghyun was still sitting there, staring at Joori's 'chair'. He didn't want to hurt her feelings, but he honestly didn't know what to do. Joori was looking around the room aimlessly, seeming extremely tired. Jonghyun looked at Joori-- he wanted to talk, to make her feel better, but he honestly didn't know what to say. 

"Oh Jonghyun, here you are~" JongJoori's quiet moment was disrupted by Minho ajumma's sudden entrance. Taemin stood beside her, frowning.

"Grandma, please don't be such a pedo..it makes me uncomfortable."

"I'm attacking Jonghyun, geez, what's he got to do with you?" Minho cocked an eyebrow at her grandson. Taemin sighed, and looked at the ground.

"Hi ajumma." Joori decided to interrupt the pair, gently, like she was completely worn. Minho looked at Joori, then smiled. She couldn't wait to see Joori's face when Onew...lols, not going to tell you guys what's happening quite yet XD.

Jonghyun, on the other hand, saw this as mockery. "Ajumma, is it really necessary to laugh at someone at this sort of a moment?"

Minho glared at him. "What?"

Jonghyun ignored her and turned back to Joori. "It's ok Joori. Don't worry about it. Onew's just a douche who doesn't see the great qualities that you have."

Minho raged for a moment, then proceeded to dragging Jonghyun out the door and shoving him into a cab. She shoved a pile of bills into the driver's hand and told him to drop Jonghyun off at the Han River Bridge --the Korean version of "go die in a hole".

 

By the time Minho got back to Joori, Onew was already there, looking extremely awkward. The whole atmosphere was awkward. Minho quickly dragged her grandson away, and they went back home. They'd have to be comlpete idiots to stay there; who the hell would stay in a room where the exes get back together?

 

"Joori." Onew broke the silence, but he was unable to continue the conversation.

"I won't bother you anymore, I promise. Just..don't..never mind. I have to go. Bye." Joori laughed at herself internally. What was that about getting him back? She couldn't even face him now. She got up and pushed past him. But, because this is a really retarded comedy, a really shoujo moment just had to happen....

Just as she walked past him, he spun her around and pulled her into his chest. Whah bam! There's your epic shoujo moment guys. Go search up some k-dramas if you're not satisfied :<

"Are you not going to let me finish? Geez Joori."

"You had something to say? Let me guess-- you were going to tell me that I'm extrmely annoying? Or that you love Key, so I should leave you guys alone?" Joori fought back tears and shoved Onew out of the way. There was a big black smudge of mascara and eye liner on Onew's white shirt.

EPIC SHOUJO MOMENT 2: REPEAT SHOUJO SCENE 1 MUAHAHAHA

"God Joori, why are you so strong? Geez. No, I wasn't going to say that. What I was going to say was this--" Onew took Joori's hand and led her to his Lamborghini. Then they drove. And drove. And drove for about 15 more minutes, until Joori got annoyed.

"You know, when the main guy of shoujo romcom says that, he finishes his sentence within 30s. It's been- " she paused to check her watch, " 15 mins and you're still not done your sentence. Hurry up and spit it out already."

"Just wait. I need to get to the chicken farm first."

Joori rolled her eyes and stared out the window.

"Ok, we're here." Onew turned off the ignition and pulled Joori's door open.

Joori looked around, only to see it was Key's farm. She really REALLY wanted to hit Onew right now, but was having difficulty aiming for his face because he was walking so fast. 

"Look. This is what I wanted to say." Onew pointed at the pile of poo.

Joori twitched. "You wanted to tell me that I'm a pile of poo?"

Onew froze, looked down at where he was pointing, laughed awkwardly, then pointed at the crowd of chickens. Joori squinted. They looked like zombies; there was a streak of red around their necks.

"Onew...have you gotten into animal abuse?" Onew facepalmed. Ah Key...

"Read what it says."

"Chicken...you..I...eat...what..." Joori looked at Onew, having given up on trying to read the red paint on the chickens.

"Line up!" The chickens ignored him. Onew sighed, "what it's actually supposed to say is "I love chicken, but I also love you". Joori..let's not fight anymore..?"

Joori looked at him and wanted to laugh. After all that, he wanted to get back together? Did he take her for some type of idiot?

" I'll give you another chance? As long as you don't make me eat previously frozen chicken, we'll be fine. I mean, it'd be fine if you made -insert korean food here- too."

"No."

"Why?"

"Because she's with me now. Onew, if you really wanted Joori as your girlfriend, you should've treated her like a girlfriend, not a chef."

Joori turned around to see Jonghyun, very wet, standing in the lamplight. Yes, he's wet because the taxi driver chucked him into the Han River.

 

 

 

"Jonghyun...why did you suddenly..." Joori didn't know how to finish the sentence.

Jonghyun stared out the window of the taxi. "I don't like him. "

Joori smiled slightly. "Thanks..you didn't need to."

"Joori, I know that in previous chapters I've displayed symptoms of fear towards you..but we can try it out. I don't like seeing you cry."

"Try what?"

'Dating?"

"Are you serious? Did you hit your head on a rock when you were thrown into the river?"

"...Joori, I'm being serious."

"...alright then. We'll see."

And off they rode into the night.