Chapter 5 - Flashback: First Meeting

Winning Her Back

~~Authors Note~~

Really short update guys T.T I'm sorry. But don't worry, I will update today as well! :)

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Kwon Yuri was 12 years old when she first entered the building.  She immediately became lost while trying to find the practice room.  She was about to call it quits when she bumped into a young brunette who was a little shorter than her.

 

"Ouch!"

 

"Omo! Are you alright? I'm sorry. I'm new here and I don't know where to go.  I was trying to find my way but --" Yuri was immediately cut off when she felt someone cup her face.

 

"Shut up. You talk a lot don't you.  It's okay :) don't be nervous.  What's your name?" She gave her a soft, yet warm smile.

 

That's when she saw her face.  She did not think it was love at first sight, but she was extremely attracted. Yuri was not the type to really care about appearances, though.  Sure, she will notice it, but personality is what won her heart.

 

"Oh um..my name is Yuri."  Her face was turning a light shade of pink because her face was still cupped by the other girl.

 

"Hello Yuri :) I'm Jessica.  I think you are going to be training with my group.  Follow me."

 

And with that, Jessica grabbed her hand and dragged her to the training room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Hey new girl! What's your name?? Are you--  Ouch! Hyunnie, did you have to hit me so hard?"

 

"Sorry Yoona unnie, but you weren't being very polite."

 

"It's okay :) annyeong haseyo! My name is Yuri! :D "

 

"Annyeong Yuri! My name is Yoona! Let's be friends! Do you like-- Ouch! Sooyoung!! -.- wae?"

 

"You talk too much, it's giving me a headache and-- Ouch! Sunny Bunny, you hit me! wae?? T.T "

 

"It's not nice to hit people Youngie~"

 

Nothing but laughter can be heard from that room that day.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

At the end of the day, Yuri said her goodbyes to everybody and began to walk home.

 

"Yuri-ah! Where are you going at this hour?  It's late, you know."

 

"Oh hi Jessica-shi :) My mom can't pick me up today, so I'm walking home."

 

"Nonsense, my mom can give you a ride. Don't worry. I hope you don't mind though, she picks me up late."

 

"I don't want to bother--"

 

**glare**

 

"I would love a ride.  Thank you very much Jessica unnie."

 

"Drop the formalities Yuri, just call me Jessica."

 

"Okay, Sica."

 

"Sica?"

 

"Isn't that what you just told me to call you."

 

"No."

 

....awkward...

 

"Oh, well I'm sorry --"

 

"But I like the name.  It's unique."

 

"Um, okay Sica!  So what sports do you play?  Where do you go to school?  What do you like to eat?  Do you have any siblings?  How is your relationship with them?  Are they nice to you? ..."  Yuri asked questions all night long, while Jessica gave short responses.  These moments began happening almost everyday.  Eventually, Yuri began learning more and more about Jessica and soon loved her personality.  She learned that although Jessica appeared tough and cold, she is really just shy and doesn't speak a lot unless she is comfortable with that person.

 

As years went by, they became the best of friends.  Yuri had a special relationship with all of the members, play video games with Sunny, dance with Hyoyeon, prank people with Yoona, but her relationship with Jessica was different.  What started from small conversations soon blossomed into something that she did not expect.  She was her best friend, and she wanted them to stay that way forever.