Chapter 11 - Awkwardness

Winning Her Back

 

 

 

~~Author's Note~~

I'm sorry I haven't been updating T.T seriously, I have been studying NON STOP! Totally threw away my social life...but I promise to never leave you guys :) Not until I finish this story. On a serious note...Sooyoung. Seriously SM you couldn't have waited for my heart to heal first before you drop the news that she's in a relationship. 3 I'm just glad that it wasn't Yuri or Jessica...as long that the characters aren't affecting my story hehe~ Anways, back to the story!! :)

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yuri analyzed her reflection in the mirror for 100th time that day. She was nervous. Today was the day that she would go on her first "date" with her Mushroom. No longer as friends, but something more. Tiffany told her to think of it as a friendly hang out, since the younger girl just got out of a relationship, but she couldn't help but feel anxious. This was the day that would determine whether or not they were compatible enough for a relationship.  

 

"Don't worry Yuri. She already likes you. You don't need to impress her. You're nice and charming and funny, who wouldn't like you? Except Tiffany! What if she thinks that liking you was just a mistake?! This can't be happening. We haven't even started the date and I lost my chance with her. T.T No, Yuri! Stop thinking like this! You know her enough to know that she would never do that to you. Yeah, but what if she changes her mind? .."

 

Because she was too busy giving herself a quick pep talk before the big event, Yuri didn't notice a certain American leaning on the door frame. Tiffany examined the darker girl, listening to her mumbling to herself like she always does. Normal people would find it weird, but not her. She found the antic to be so cute! ^^ It was one of the many things that she loved about Yuri. She couldn't hold it in anymore and released a giggle.

 

Yuri immediately looked and locked gazes with Tiffany, only to quickly turn around and stare at her feet. She was embarrassed. She wasn't suppose to treat the hang out like a date, but here she is, talking about it as if she is going on a date. Nice move, Yuri! -.- She felt the heat on her cheeks and lightly tapped them to bring back the normal color, when suddenly, her entire face turned entirely red when she felt the shorter girl hug her from behind.

 

"Awh, Yuwree-ah~ what's wrong? Feeling embarrassed about our, what was it again? A date?" ;)

 

That evil Tiffany.

 

Being the shameless Kkab that Yuri was, it was hard to find moments when the darker girl was actually embarrassed. Tiffany couldn't pass up such a rare opportunity.

 

"T-Tiffany. How long were you standing there?"

 

"Long enough to know how you feel about our little date. When did I agree to this again, by the way?"

 

Yuri couldn't take it anymore. She felt like she was about to die of embarrassment right then and there. If it was in front of anybody else, she could care less and play it off. But not with Tiffany, not with the girl that she was so interested in at the moment. She quickly broke the hug and booked it out of the room, followed by a screaming Tiffany chasing behind her.

 

"Yuwree! What's wrong? Can't take being bullied? Now you know how it feels! Accept defeat, Yul!"

 

There was no where for Yuri to hide. She was at the end of the hallway, with Tiffany just around the corner. She quickly opened the closest door and threw herself inside, locking the door behind her. Outside, she can hear the muffled sounds of Tiffany yelling and banging around the house, getting more and more frustrated.  Then, she felt her pants vibrate. She just received a text, from none other than the bully herself.

 

To: Yul Oppa <3

From: Princess Fany ^^

Don't worry. I know it's not easy to accept defeat :p I'll be waiting for you in my room when you're ready for our...date. ^^

 

Yuri smiled. She was so lucky to have someone so fun, yet caring and understanding like Tiffany by her side. She was about to head out until she realized where she was at. The creme colored walls with black decor, the unorganized desk with a certain diary on top, the dirty clothes on the floor, the pictures of Yuri on the walls. Oh no. She's in Jessica's room.

 

She was about to have a panic attack. She hasn't talked with the older girl since their break up. When was that, anyways? Two weeks ago? Three weeks? Four? The constant schedules made it easy to distract herself from the break up, but it made it difficult to remember anything revolving time.  She had to get out of the room quick, before...

 

"Yuri?"

 

-.-

 

"Oh. Erm, hi Si- Jessica. I was just running away from someone and took refuge in your room."  Yuri examined the shorter girl. She would be lying if she said that she didn't miss her. After all, they dated for so long and were the best of friends. Then, she noticed her attire and let out a giggle, which turned into full, hearty laughter.

 

"Hey, what's so funny Kwon." Jessica pouted, while Yuri melted inside. "She was so cute in her pajamas" thought Yuri, "and she's making such a cute face and-- No Yuri! You guys are over! You have to move on, and you have a date with Tiffany."

 

"Sorry Jessica, I just didn't notice that I woke you up from your sleep. It shouldn't have surprised me, since you're such a sleepy head." Yuri teased.

 

"Whatever, Yuri. You're the one who fell in love with this sleepy girl." She let out a small laugh, then abruptly stopped, realizing the awkwardness of what she just said. They aren't dating anymore. And since they aren't on speaking terms yet, it was obvious that both people weren't entirely over the break up.  Talking about it wasn't appropriate. She didn't mean to bring it up. It was just something that she let out naturally, since she was so use to Yuri teasing her after all those years. "Uh..I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that. I guess it kind of came out naturally."

 

"Don't worry about it, Jessica. It's, um, normal?" Yuri let out a small smile. She didn't want things to be awkward between them. If they didn't work out as a couple, at least they could be was friends, right?

 

"Yeah, so um, where are you going today? You're all dressed up." Jessica hesitantly asked. She was afraid of the younger girl's response.

 

"Oh, no where really. Just going out with Tiff."

 

That really tore Jessica's heart. Tiffany, of all people. She didn't feel threatened by others, knowing that Yuri wasn't interested in them in the first place, but Tiffany was someone that actually had a chance. She was a sweet, funny, loud, and outgoing girl. Honestly if she wasn't so in love with Yuri, Tiffany would definitely be her next choice. And now they're about to hang out with each other. At least it wasn't a date, right? Or is it..

 

"Um...Yuri? Is it a date?"

 

"Originally, it was just a hang out, but after certain events, I guess it is, haha.."

 

That killed her. She did her best to put on a strong front, but deep down, she was heart broken. Today could be the last day that Yuri is single. Tiffany is such a great girl, it would be surprising if they didn't date. She was about to lose Yuri, and there was nothing she could do about it. It was her fault anyways. Why did she have to be so cruel to the only girl who ever truly loved her? Sure, Jessica had many admires, and she even dated some of them, but Yuri was different.  She made her feel happy, nervous, jealous, and loved all at the same time. Yuri had such a strong effect on the older girl, and she didn't mind. In fact, she loved it. Yuri was, and still is, her soul mate. But here she is, about to go on a date with her best friend. She should be mad at Tiffany. As a friend, she shouldn't have made a move on her ex girlfriend. But she knows that Tiffany isn't the type of girl who would do it on purpose. She must have really liked Yuri to do something like that. 

 

"Well, I hope you have fun today. Don't stay out too long, haha..." Jessica avoided eye contact because she was afraid that she would start crying, and Yuri noticed. 

 

"Alright, well I'll see you when I get home?"

 

"Yeah, I'll be here all day."

 

"Okay, well I'm leaving then. Bye." Yuri opened the door to leave and took one last look at the fragile girl in bed before closing the door behind her.

 

As soon as she left, Jessica buried her body into her pillow, hiding her body under the thick comforter, and cried until she fell asleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Hey, Yoona?"

 

​"What's up Yul?"

 

"Are you going out today?"

 

"No, I'm probably just going to stay home. Why?"

 

"Can you watch over Sica and make sure she's okay?"

 

"You can count on me APPA! Looks like someone still cares about their wifey." She let out an alligator laugh.

 

"Shut up :p I still care about her because we are friends." If it was anybody else talking about the break up, she would have gotten depressed, but not with Yoona. Everything was always a joke with the two of them. It couldn't be helped, and she loved their relationship like that.

 

"Don't worry, you can count on me." She saluted the older girl and ran away laughing.

 

Yuri smiled, but immediately frowned after remembering something.  "Jessica, I know you're crying, but please be okay."