Chapter 18 - A New Interest

Winning Her Back

 

~Author's Note~

Hello Hello ^^ little did I know that I would sign up for summer classes -.- so I apologize for that. I had no idea that I would be spending this much time with school. But, as promised. I will continue this story! and author always keeps her promises! ^^ 

The reason why it takes so long for me to update is because I have to read the entire story over and over again to see what's the best natural fit.

I'm blabbering too much >.< enjoy the story.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

 

"Hello Janhae!  I guess we'll be working together for at least the next couple of days so I hope we can be friends.  I'm Taeyeon, it's nice to meet you." :D

 

"....."

 

"Erm...hello?  Are you okay?"

 

":Oh my goodness, you're Taeyeon..."

 

"Um.  Yup.  I am her.  Nice to meet you?  Is everything okay?  Because I can leave if you--"

 

"No! I mean um...please don't go?  Okay I'm really sorry.  But please don't leave.  It's just...I hate to sound creepy and annoying, but I've been a huge fan since "Into the New World" and seeing you in person as so close...it's such so surreal.  I know I am suppose to act professional but...sorry for bothering you.  I'm just really nervous."

 

"Hahaha, you're that big of fan of me?  But I'm such a dork.  I find toilet humor amusing and I'm a ert with an ahjumma laugh.  Although I am incredibly grateful of your support, I'm kind of embarrassing, hehe."

 

"Oh no, Taeyeon-shi!  I think that just adds to your charm.  Your unique personality makes me love you more!"

 

"Oh, so you love me now? ;) "

 

"Erm, I mean...you know...like--"

 

"Ahahaha :) I was just teasing you.  Just trying to break the ice here so you will be more comfortable around me.  I am just a normal girl so don't think of yourself as inferior!  Let's be friendly with each other, okay?"

 

"You want to be friends with me??  Is this a dream?  Am I really allowed to be friends with you?"

 

"Stop treating me like I'm some higher being :) of course we can be friends.  But you have to promise to stop idolizing me.  I'm really just your average girl."

 

"It's a deal, Taeyeon-shi!"

 

"We're friends, aren't we?  You can drop the honorifics."

 

"Y-yes Taeyeon."

 

**Knock Knock**

 

"Hey ladies, have you guys officially introduced yourselves to each other?"

 

"Yup :) me and Janhae here are friends, isn't that right?"

 

"Pinch me, I must be dreaming..."

 

"Janhae, what did I say about that."

 

"Sorry Taeyeon :) yup, me and her are friends."

 

"Great!  Because you guys are up in 5 minutes, and I would hate for the two of you to be awkward with each other.  Let's go Jantae."

 

"..... Did he just call us Jantae?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The morning was filled nothing but laughter coming from the two beauties.  Apparently, both girls share similar interest in humor and music and began to become more friendly with one another.  Janhae's shyness and nervousness towards the latter made Taeyeon feel very light and warm-hearted.  Normally, she was very quiet and kept to herself, but having to work with someone who is just as quiet gave her the confidence to go out of her comfort zone and reach out to Janhae.  Being the oldest member and leader of SNSD, it was easy for her to suppress her emotions to care for others but Janhae's innocence and child-like nature allowed her to let her guard down. It was a new and refreshing feeling.

 

"It's almost lunch time.  Are you ready for a break?  Come and eat lunch with me!"

 

"M-me?  Are you asking me to come eat with you?"

 

"Who else would I be talking to, silly?"

 

"I would love to eat with you! ^^ Let me get my wallet first."

 

"Nonsense, I'm the one who invited you to eat.  Besides, I wasn't feeling all that great when I came here to be honest, but you helped to distract me, so thank you.  The least I can do to show my appreciation is to buy you lunch."

 

"Well if that's the case, then I will gladly accompany you :)  "

 

The duo left the shoot and ate lunch at a nearby ramen shop.  They spent the remainder of the day taking selfies together and laughing about poop, with Taeyeon actually taking complete joy in the humor while Janhae just being grateful of being with her idol.  Although she is still heart broken, Taeyeon thoroughly enjoyed her time spent with her new friend.  She wasn't quite clear with her feelings for her, she knew that she was happy, and that's all that mattered at the moment.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

"Now Tiff...you need to calm down."

 

"Did you see what was trending all over twitter?!"

 

"There's a logical explanation for this."

 

"What the hell is #Jantae?!"