CHAPTER 6: Do I Know You?

In Love With a Lie

I stood there, stupefied for a while as students continued to file past me. I closed my eyes. The dream-like memories of Jeju Island were shattered. It was fake. All of it. Fake on all sides. I felt terribly wronged, yet hadn’t I personally played a role in the deception? It didn’t make any sense, but it pained me.

“Jihyun is in love with a boy who doesn’t exist.”

Sehun’s words rung through my ears as a few people bumped gently against me on their way past.

What are we going to do? Oh Sehun is NOTHING like Jaemin.”

His mocking tone in the same sweet voice of Jaemin. Only this was real, and Jaemin was not. There was no gentle caring prince behind those handsome features, only an arrogant and rude jerk.

My lip curled up into a scowl as I opened my eyes, met with a waft of vanilla scent.

“K-Kai!”

Kai was leaning in and peering curiously at me with his hands behind his back. He broke out into a grin before ruffling my hair.

“Welcome back to reality!” he cheerfully greeted.

“If only you knew how true that was.” I sighed bitterly.

Noticing my bad mood, he swung his arm over my shoulder and started walking me down the corridor. “Is that so? Then let me be your wonderful guide Kai again“ He put on a serious voice while bowing with a flourish of his other hand. “Welcome. To. Reality.” He paused after every word dramatically.

I almost giggled at his silliness but immediately remembered my previous dilemma. It was actually plaguing my mind. I was going insane. I glanced at Kai to check he didn’t think I was a total nutjob. Nope, he seemed fine. Phew. But I had to be honest with myself. Like Kai said, we were living in reality. And reality was that Jaemin didn’t exist, and that a devil Oh Sehun stood in his place. I had nothing to do with that handsome face anymore and I couldn’t keep thinking that I did. I was here, at the best school in Seoul, and I wasn’t going to let some stupid fake love ruin it.

Kai noted my spacing out and turned to me with an eye smile to fill the silence. “Yah, are you losing interest in this wonderful place already? Here are some free brochures about the things you can do in Reality, top notch area, really.” He pretended to pull out a few so called brochures and waved the air at my face.

That’s right. I was surrounded by plenty of better people who seemed to genuinely want me to settle in. Who needed a fake lie of a jerk to think about when reality was better? I pushed the thoughts to the back of mind and turned my attention to ‘reality’.

I grinned back at Kai before curtseying lightly and playing along, “Oh, I’m so sorry, just catching my breath after seeing the handsome Kai as my guide, what an honour.”

I felt his hand ruffle my hair again. It felt really nice actually. Heh. Reality wasn’t so bad.

“I’m glad you realize how lucky you are, Song Jihyun. What’s your next class?” He seemed relieved that I was back.

“Oh yeah… let me check!” Talking to Kai was so easy, and he somehow made me feel like I had known him forever. It was rare for me to be so comfortable so quickly but I was glad that I was. I went to rummage through my bag for my timetable, when I realized I hadn’t taken it with me.

“UGH… I left my bag at the cafeteria.” I pouted at Kai.

He chuckled warmly, “Aish pabo, I’ll come with you.”

As soon as we had set foot in the direction of the cafeteria, Krystal suddenly appeared out of nowhere and enveloped me in a hug, before shoving my bag and books into my arms. “JIIIIIIIIIIIIHYUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!! WHERE WERE YOU? WE SERIOUSLY THOUGHT YOU HAD FALLEN INTO THE TOILET OR SOMETHING”

“Looks like you’ve met Krystal” Kai commented, amused.

“Yah, watch your tone, Kim Jongin.” She stuck her tongue out at him before turning to me. “Why did you take so long??”

Kim Jongin?

“My real name,” Kai explained, seeing my confused look.

“Ahh, ne. Araso! Um… I bumped into Sehun.” I mumbled, dropping my gaze to the floor.

Krystal instantly lit up with a mischievous grin on her face. “Sehun, EYYYY?” She nudged me with her elbow.

I made a face, but Kai joined in.

“You know, Krystal, she fainted this morning after seeing Sehun.”

“Babe, I know he’s good looking, but maybe not that good looking.”

“YAAAH, EW EW EW STOOOOOP” I crinkled my nose. “Never would I ever even THINK of falling for him. Eruguhgsdf the thought of it grosses me out!!”

Krystal and Kai just laughed and high-fived each other.

“Are you guys like 5, high fiving each other like little kids.” I scowled.

The chortled even louder and I frowned, knowing there was no way of arguing against them.

“Jongin, Krystal, and… you. What’s so funny? Is it the fact that you’re about to get detention for not going to class?” A loud voice suddenly interrupted us and an austere man with measly amounts of grey hair on either side of his head dressed in a suit that looked like it had come from the 70s approached us.

“Oh, Jwesonghamnida, Mr. Choi. We were just about to get going.” Kai and Krystal both bowed 90 degrees and I quickly joined in.

Mr. Choi, I assumed, looked down on us with his nose uplifted (I could almost count all his nose hairs!). He snorted. “Hrmph. I should certainly hope so. Be on your way quick before I change my mind about letting you off.”

“Ne. Kahmsahamnida, Mr. Choi. Have a nice day.” Again, the bowing, before we scurried off.

As soon as we rounded the corner, Kai and Krystal breathed out deeply.

“Whew, it must be our lucky day. Usually I get a detention slip from him at least once a week!” Krystal panted.

“Speak for yourself, Krystal,” Kai retorted, “The amazing school captain has never ever received a single detention slip.”

Krystal’s mouth dropped open as she gawked at him, “Wow, are you an angel or something?”

“Close to it.” Kai smirked.

I was quite amused by their exchange but the threat of detention on my first day was enough to make me the party pooper.

“Um… guys, I think we should go to class.”

They looked at each other before shouting in unison with one arm raised, “TO CLASS!”

These kids were hilarious. I chuckled as I pulled the already wrinkled and worn timetable out of my bag.

“I have a double period of PE,” I announced.

“ME TOO!!!” Both Kai and Krystal cried happily.

I breathed out in relief. At least I wouldn’t be the only one going in late!

---------------------

“Aiiishhh” I realized that I hadn’t bought my PE clothes yet. What to do?”

“Jihyun, aren’t you going to change?” Krystal questioned me.

“I haven’t bought the sports uniform yet…” I replied sullenly. PE was one of my favourite classes.

Kai suddenly popped his head from behind the lockers “Oh Jihyun! I actually have a spare pair of clothes! Turns out I left my sports set in my locker over the holidays… no wonder I couldn’t find them.” The rest of Kai soon emerged, holding the shirt and shorts. “Don’t worry, you can have the clean pair.” He grinned.

I snorted. “Who knew this charismatic school captain was actually a dirty and clueless boy?”

“Tell me about it.” Krystal rolled her eyes.

“Yah, do you want the clothes or not.” Kai narrowed his eyes at us in mock anger.

“Araso, araso, I’ll take them! Thanks Kai.”

Luckily Kai preferred his clothes tight fitting, so that his shirt wasn’t too abnormally huge on me. It was still big of course, but at least my shorts weren’t slipping down, although they were a bit loose. I looked around to check no one was looking, oh of course no one was looking, I was in a changeroom…, and I quickly sniffed his clothes. Mmm… the same vanilla scent that I had smelt this morning.

“Are you done Jihyun?!”

I grimaced in horror as I realized what I was doing. IM NOT ACTUALLY USUALLY THIS CREEPY, I SWEAR!

“Heh, all done.” I came out and the two of them had their hands over their mouths, stifling their laughter.

I pouted. “It’s not that big.”

Kai ruffled my hair again with a smile, “Ani, it’s cute.”

“Definitely a change from the short shorts of all the girls. Peh. All that skin” Krystal faked a puke.

“You can talk…” Kai shot her a glance.

“My dear, you have to flaunt what you got.” Krystal flicked her hair with her hand and Kai gagged. “I’m kidding, I’m kidding. These are my unnie’s old shorts.”

“Sure.” Kai scoffed.

We made our way into the class, and the students were already seated obediently in the middle of the gymnasium, listening to a slim and fit (MODEL MATERIAL I HAVE TO SAY) teacher.

“Teacher Lee! Sorry we’re late. We got a bit caught up.” Kai bowed politely and the teacher motioned for us to come in and sit down as he continued talking.

We sidled in quietly near the back to cause less disturbance.

I turned around to see that I had plonked myself down right next to Sehun. Again. What a bad twist of fate.

He was already looking at me, as if he were waiting for me to notice him, and he gave me a cocky grin, eyeing my oversized sports gear. “At least you know how big you are.”

I blinked. Oh no he didn’t. Did he just make a comment about my size?! Keep calm Jihyun, keep calm. You don’t even know this guy. His jerk greeting instantly erased all feelings of attachment I had to the face of Jaemin. I my breath in.

“I’m sorry, I don’t think I know you. Have we met? Oh, perhaps in English class?”

His jaw dropped. It was obviously not the response he was expecting.

Good going Jihyun. I gave myself a pat on the back and turned around nonchalantly to face the teacher.

-----------------------

Hmm I hope that wasn’t too abrupt, her change in attitude towards Sehun. But ha ha ha…. Sorry for the change of tone during the chap :P I read a fun fic in the middle and just wanted to fool around a bit. So not too much happening heh and a dramatic change in mood LOL.

And  ohmygosh thank you so much for the upvotes and subscriptions, they get me so excited!!

OH MY GOD LIVE STREAMING GAYO DAEJUN I’LL JUST CASUALLY LET OUT MY FEELS HERE. OMG. TEEN TOP IS ON. MY LHOE :’) WHAT ARE YOU

AND SEHUNNIE AND LAY AND KAI’S DANCE, I ONLY STARTED STREAMING HALFWAY THROUGH THEIR PERF BUT OMG LULU CHEN BAEK OPEN ARMS THAT SONG FUARLKJADKJ AND APPARENTLYT I MESSED THEIR OPENING ;____;

OH ROCKING IS ON CHUNJI YOU LOOK FINE HAHA.

Oh my goodness CHANGMIN???! He was like my first kpop love HAHA :’)

SORRY JUST HAD TO LET OUT MY FEELS L MY CURRENT FANGRILING CHAT IS INACTIVE :( HAHA LJOES TIGHT GOLD PANTS HM… omg this is too blurry MY POOR INTERNET> HAHAHA HE LOOKSSO SHORT> OH YOU BEUAITY AKSDJAK. Ljoe love reignited HAHAHAH <3

Ohmygod. A new link. Clear as day. But laggy as heel.): BLURRY AND FINE, OR LAGGY AND CLEAR??? THE DILEMMA> oh suzy you qt.WHEN'S INFINITE. oh b1a4 was kyoot :'D OMFG MY BEUATIFUL YOON SHI YOON IS HOSTING

OMG my net is too slow that it's not even streaming anymore CREYS. I am dleding exo's perf in 1080 and showtime ep 5 though LOL. aishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay. no more spam sorry.

NIGHT Y'ALL. hope your streams are working fine :'(