CHAPTER 14: Bean Sprouts

In Love With a Lie

 

My stomach grumbled and I patted it happily. Ahhh… it was finally time for lunch. No wonder Sehun had rushed off so quickly.

Krystal was waiting right outside the door, with her foot tapping impatiently as I dawdled out.

“Yaaaah! Jihyun! What took you so long?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT IM SACRIFICING TO BE WAITING HERE FOR YOU??! My poor, poor tummy.” She faked a sob.

I beamed. She was waiting for me! And knowing how much she loved food, that meant a lot.

I slung my arm over her shoulder and we walked briskly to the cafeteria, to the smell of delicious bibimbap and kimchi stew.

Before long, that smell was right under our noses as we grabbed our trays of food from the counter.

“I can’t wait!” Krystal squealed as she led me through the maze of tables and chairs, all filled with a lively chatter. We stopped at the same table as yesterday and the same friendly faces greeted us. At least, I thought they were the same faces… I couldn’t really remember heh…

As they shuffled to make space for us, something suddenly caught Krystal’s eye. “OMO. Daebaak….”

“Actually guys… today we might sit somewhere else. Have fun without us!” Krystal waved to them happily while yanking me away with her.

I groaned. “What are you doing Krystal… I thought you wanted to eat. I WANT TO EAT TOO.” My stomach grumbled, as if in utter agreement.

She replied with an evil smile on her lips as she continued to drag me across the cafeteria to the far corner before coming to a stop.

“Jiiiiiiiihyun, why don’t we sit with your new boyfriend you were chasing yesterday? It’s a rare situation, seeing him eating here.” Krystal nudged me while wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

I turned to where she was looking, who was this so called boyfriend?

Oh.

“THE ELUSIVE OH SEHUN!!!” She screamed in delight.

Oh no. Not him. Again.

The dark haired boy looked up and smirked in our direction, before sending a wink.

“OMO! OMO! OMO! DID YOU SEE THAT? SEHUN JUST WINKED AT US. WINKED. WINKED.” Krystal was flapping her arms about like a crazy fangirl.

I scowled. “Not interested.”

Krystal stopped looking like a chicken for a while and grabbed my shoulders, eyeing me seriously. “NO, YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND JIHYUN. OH SEHUN NEVER EATS IN THE CAFETERIA, LET ALONE WINK AT GIRLS.” She let go of my shoulders before squinting at me cautiously. “Unless… you actually are dating him….”

I spluttered. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. KRYSTAL WAS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. “ANI.”

“YOU CAN’T HIDE ANYTHING FROM ME GUUUURRLLLL~”

She sat down happily opposite Sehun, greeting him enthusiastically as I stood standing there.

“ANNYEONG SEHUN-SSHI. MY GOOD FRIEND JIHYUN HERE SAW YOU ACROSS FROM THE CAFETERIA AND WANTED TO SIT WITH YOU.”

Wow. Krystal. You did not.

I put on my most annoyed face as I sat down next to Sehun. “That was an utter lie.” I HOPE HE DIDN’T BELIEVE KRYSTAL. His ego was big enough as it is.

Sehun looked amused as Krystal grinned excitedly from me to Sehun to me and back to Sehun again.

“Aigooo….. you two look good together. I think you should date.” She looked extremely pleased with herself.

I stamped on Krystal’s foot under the table and she yelped. “Are you trying to get rid of me already?!” I screeched, half joking.

“Ani, just trying to find the best things for you, my dear.” She smiled sweetly. “Like dating Sehun.”

I groaned. “He’s right here.” I hissed at her, when I felt a warm hand grab mine and hold it up above the table.

“What if we’re already dating?”

I turned in disbelief to see Sehun with a goofy smile on his face. He looked at me and crinkled his eyes. Why did he have to make it look so real?

I swallowed as I paused for a second. Almost, it was like being with Jaemin…

Before Krystal brought me back to Earth. “OMO OMO OMO I CAN’T BELIEVE IT JIHYUN. WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME SOONER? I’M SO HAPPY FOR YOU.”

OH MY GOSH. What was I doing??

“YAH YAH YAH, GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF ME!!” I hurriedly tried to shake myself out of his grip and he chuckled.

“That’s not what you were thinking a few seconds ago.”

Krystal was staring at us and clapping her hands. “OMO. SOOOO CUTE!!!”

I glared at her and she fell quiet. For a few seconds, the table was a little awkward, when Kai’s cheerful voice broke the tense atmosphere.

Thank God for Kai.

“Eh? Sehun?! Thought you hated cafeteria food!”

He seated himself next to Krystal and across from me before breaking out into a smile as he picked the bean sprouts from his dish and placed them onto my dish.

Sehun glared at Kai and shoveled more food into his mouth before mumbling. “It’s okay.” He picked the bean sprouts from his own plate and also placed them into my dish. “Yah, Jihyun, have mine too.”

The funny thing was, I didn’t even like bean sprouts. I grabbed the whole bunch and put them onto Krystal’s dish, who laughed and shoved it into . “Wow, you guys are all so picky.”

Simultaneously, Sehun and I stuck our tongues out at her.

“Wahhh, you two are really soulmates!” She turned to Kai. “Jongin, you know, Jihyun didn’t even tell me she was dating Oh Sehun!”

Kai looked amused as I stamped on Krystal again. “ANI, WE’RE NOT.”

He glanced at Sehun who was sipping on his soup nonchalantly and back at me, whose ears were steaming.

He turned thoughtful for a minute before ruffling my hair and going back to his own food. “Whatever you say, Jihyun.”

 

Somehow, the rest of lunch wasn’t awkward at all. Well, how could it be awkward with Kai’s cheerful attitude and Krystal’s ridiculous comments? I sneaked a few glances at Sehun, and we met gazes a few times, but he always looked away immediately.

 

Before long, it was time for our next class, which I shared with Kai. He was quieter than usual, but only slightly. Was something occupying his mind?

I shook it off and grinned happily. School was much better than I thought it would be.

 

---

Kai glanced at Jihyun, her bag bouncing on her shoulders as an innocent smile graced her lips. His frown turned upwards.

Maybe she really is Sehun's cure.

 

----------------------------

Haha this was a bit of a filler chapter but I felt like writing something :B

hope you enjoy!! thanks for commenting, subscribing and reading yo.

@Nami_97 Look it's your name again :P but if only, if only. Sehun's not smooth enough :'(