CHAPTER 16: Sooner than Expected

In Love With a Lie

It was already the end of first week of school. Time had passed so quickly and everything had kind of settled into routine including my own life. I knew where most of my classes were now, and even if I didn’t, I was constantly flanked by my two good friends, Krystal and Kai. I was even getting a few hi’s as I walked down the hallway from other students in my class.

I sighed wistfully but happily. Friday afternoon was when I used to have bubble tea with Eunji. Regardless of the weather or what work we had to do.

As if on cue, my phone gave a buzz.

From Master Sehun

Jihyuuuun, why didn’t you reply? I miss you! Let’s have bubble tea sometime.

 

My face contorted strangely. We weren’t even close… why was he asking for bubble tea just when I was thinking about it? Was he a mind reader??!

I furiously tapped back a reply

Yah. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? ANI. SHIREO. DO NOT WANT BUBBLE TEA WITH YOU.

 

Smirking satisfactorily, I started walking. Where should I go today? Should I treat myself to some dukbokki?

“Jihyun!” I heard a deep voice call out.

Oh. It was that bratty dark haired boy who wanted bubble tea. He waved at me excitedly.

I snorted back. “Oh Sehun.”

In less than five strides, he was next to me and before I knew it, he had plonked a sleek helmet onto my head.

“Yah! What are you doing!”

Sehun clutched at my bag and wiggled his body annoyingly. “I’m boreddddd. Come with me.”

Was he using aegyo?! I will never know how many strange sides this boy has… Why was he bothering me?

 I grumpily took the helmet off my head. “No. I don’t want to have a bubble tea date with you.”

“Ehhhh, Jihyun, I didn’t say anything about a date.” Sehun chuckled happily. “ANI. Don’t flatter yourself.”

I turned beet red. Did I say date?

“NO I DIDN’T THINK IT WAS A DATE, YOU DICKWAD.”

Sehun continued laughing and flattened my hair again with his two hands. “Then it’s okay to come with me right?” He suddenly smirked cockily. “I need someone to hold my bag.”

I groaned. Of course this guy had ulterior motives.

“No.” I turned to leave abruptly, but he pulled me back and I crashed against his chest.

“Y-yah…” Somehow, I felt like he could protect me from the world.

Eunji’s text came back into my head. I heard that guy’s really cool! Make good friends with him!!

Pssh. What did Eunji know. But it wouldn’t hurt just this once right?

He was gazing down at me gently with a smile. He did look pretty cool.

Not like I had anything to do today anyway…

“Alright..” I mumbled softly.

“Assa!!!!” Sehun cheered and put the helmet back on my head. “Buddy Jihyun, you are in for a ride!”

He walked us to his motorbike, and I have to admit, it looked amazing. He swung his leg over smoothly before beckoning for me to hop on.

I jumped on, nowhere near as smoothly, but hey I managed it okay! I tried to keep a distance between us.

WAIT, where am I supposed to hold onto?? Shoulders?

I gingerly put my hands on his shoulders. That was the safest bet.

Sehun noticed my nervousness and turned around with a smirk. “Hold on tight, I drive fast.”

He removed my hands and placed them around his waist as he revved the engine.

---

 “Omo Jongin, do my eyes deceive me? IS THAT OH SEHUN WITH A GIRL ON HIS MOTORBIKE?!”

Krystal and Kai were watching the amazing scene before them with open jaws, before Kai shook his head and chuckled.

“It seems so…”

“BUT SEHUN NEVER LETS ANYONE TOUCH HIS MOTORBIKE!! …OR HIS BODY!!” she added, seeing the girl’s arms around his waist.

Kai smiled as he recognized Jihyun’s bag.

“Maybe it’s not just anyone. “

----

Sehun suddenly swerved, causing me to grab on tightly to his slim waist.

I was pretty sure I was redder than a tomato. My body was pressed against his in an attempt to not fall off, and I could feel the heat from him. I just hoped that he could not hear my furiously pounding heart.

From the thrilling motorbike ride, of course… not from Sehun. Peh.

But as I glanced at the side view mirror, I swear I could see his lip tug up under the helmet

---

“Aren’t we going to bubble tea?”

Sehun blinked, surprised. “Oh, did you want bubble tea?”

I pushed him playfully. “Yah, don’t pretend like it wasn’t you who wanted bubble tea!”

Sehun still looked confused but chuckled. “Araso, let’s get some bubble tea.”

----

We ended up getting a jumbo cup to share because Sehun insisted it was cheaper. Now strolling through some quiet street markets, we were looking at the cute little things at the stalls.

We stopped in front a small shop with little keyrings, as Sehun offered me the last bit of the bubble tea, holding out the green straw. I grabbed it gratefully, and sipped deeply.

“Ahhhh. Yum.” I my lips happily.

Sehun was looking at me expectantly with a mischievous smile on his face.

“What?” I blinked. “Do I still have something on me?”

He shook his head. “Nevermind.”

Grabbing the cup from my hands, he chucked it in the bin as it gave a resounding thunk.

WAIT. DID I JUST DRINK FROM THE GREEN STRAW? THAT WAS SEHUN’S STRAW.

He laughed as he saw my shocked expression. “So you realized?”

“YAHHH. WHY DID YOU OFFER ME THE GREEN STRAW?”

He chuckled again. “Why. Do you have something against green?”

“I HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST SHARING SALIVA WITH A BRAT LIKE YOU!!” I stormed off into the store.

“A brat like me.” He mumbled, before following me into the store.

 

---

I played with the new keyring on my phone while gazing at the twinkling lights reflected in the river.

We had long filled up on street snacks, and my belly was more than satisfied.

Sehun had taken me to a spot he liked to go to when ‘he needed time away’. It was just under a bridge, overlooking the Han River and away from the walkway filled with the general public. It gave off a magical feel, somehow calming that helped you forget who you were and where you were.

I glanced down at the keyring. It was a simple dangling circle, and matched the one on his phone.

“Forgive me Jihyun? For pretending to be Jaemin?”

He had blinked hopefully at the shop while holding up the two keyrings.

I had swallowed, I hadn’t even thought about Jaemin for a while.

I grinned as I took one.

“Nayoung might like Jaemin, but Sehun is good enough for Jihyun.”

He had returned the grin and I fixed the keyring to my phone.

“Friends, then?”

He also attached the keyring.

“Friends, for now.”

 

I looked over to him. We were sitting him comfortable silence, and he returned my gaze.

He really was handsome. I traced his arched eyebrows with my eyes and his straight nose. He had a slight underbite, but I always had a small thing for underbites… especially with those high cheekbones.

My eyes returned to his and he took it as permission as he started to lean in. I could feel his breath warming my cheeks. I hadn’t noticed before, but our legs were touching. I felt my breath hitch in my throat as he put his hand against my cheek. My eyelids slowly fluttered down as he tilted his head, eyes on my lips. I felt my whole body tingling as I anticipated what would happen next…

*RING RING*

I groaned frustratedly. Why hadn’t I put it on silent? I fished it out of my pocket to end the call when the time caught my eye. OMO it was 11pm already? How had I lost track of time so easily?

I quickly picked it up. It was my mum.

“Ne, eomma, I’ll be home soon. I’m okay. I’m heading back now.”

I looked back at Sehun, who had moved away. He coughed uncomfortably.

“Well, shall we go?” He held out his arm for me to take and I hesitatingly linked mine in it.

The walk back to the motorbike was quiet, but not uncomfortably so.

As he drove me back through the silent city streets, I shamelessly hugged him tightly, resting my cheek against his broad back.

Maybe Sehun was even better than Jaemin.

------

My parents were not too concerned when I arrived home, glad I had made friends to go out with.

Aww, eomma.

They bid me goodnight as the returned to their rooms to sleep.

I smiled as I headed upstairs for a shower.

 

Checking my phone, I saw I had gotten a message.

From Master Sehun

I smiled. Sehun. I tapped on the screen, deliriously excited with what it might contain.

 

WHO AM I? :c ONLY LIKE YOUR BEST FRIEND EVA, JIHYUN. AND WE ALWAYS HAVE BUBBLE TEA ON FRIDAY, OR HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN? Your sad, sad Eunji :’( (still luv ya :P)

 

I blinked and rubbed my eyes. It was definitely Eunji texting. Under Master Sehun.

SEHUN HAD SWAPPED HIS NUMBER WITH EUNJI’S???!!

“YAHHH!! OH SEHUN!!!”

----

As Sehun drew to a stop outside his house, he saw a tall, broad shouldered, silent figure standing outside, with his back to the street.

“Hyung….?” Had it been a week already? Was hyung back?

The male turned, with the tiniest hint of a fond smile gracing his face. It was him.

“Hyung! You’re back…” Sehun greeted his brother, whom he had not seen in years, slightly faltering. Had hyung seen him with Jihyun?

“You don’t sound too happy about that, Sehun.” He cocked a smile.

“AANI, ani, ani. I’m very happy!” Sehun covered hurriedly before squeezing past him to unlock the front door.

“Araso. I’m happy too.” Sehun felt a hand ruffle his hair as he stepped back to let his hyung go in.

Just as he walked past, he shot Sehun with a piercing gaze.

“I hope you haven’t forgotten while I’ve been away.” His hyung gave a mirthless eye smile and stepped inside.

Forgotten.

All of a sudden, troubled thoughts swam in Sehun’s mind.

What now, now that hyung was back?

Was he going to have to go back to how he was before?

He gritted his teeth.

The week he had promised Luhan was over too soon.

What was he going to do now?

What about Jihyun?

 

 

------

OOFT CLIFFHANGER….

Hahaha okay. So I’m going to Hong Kong and Taiwan for a month tomorrow so I probably won’t be able to update ): UNLESS MAYBE I SIT and sneak wifi from maccas LOL.

So here is one last chapter for you, for a while :’( I had fun writing it, so I hope you enjoy (:

thanks for subcribing and commenting, and I'll be back soon! c: