CHAPTER 12: A Week to Forget.

In Love With a Lie

Sehun felt a silly smile grow on his face as he headed to his next class. As he walked down the hallway, he heard whispers from passers by.

“Omo, is the Oh Sehun smiling?”

“Hey, he kind of looks more handsome than with a smirk on his face!”

“Nah, the smirk was more badass. I like that.”

One of the girls giggled. “He looks approachable now.”

Sehun felt his smile grew wider, when he felt his phone give a buzz.

He frowned suddenly. It was a reminder that his brother was coming back to Seoul today after a few years of studying in England. Although his brother had informed him that he was going to come home a week later, Sehun had forgotten to change the reminder on his phone. His frown grew deeper. He had even almost forgotten the words that his brother had repeated to him again and again right after the incident, and fragments of his brother’s voice floated in his mind now.  

 

Push them away before they hurt you. Don’t even let them approach you.”

“You can’t trust anyone, Sehun.”

“All we have is each other. Promise me this, just you and me, we’ll be here for each other.”

 

He felt a deep guilt sink in his stomach. He had actually almost forgotten, gradually, year by year, without the constant reminders from his brother. He had actually been starting to enjoy being himself to more than a select few. He shouldn’t be enjoying this. Was he going too far? It was unfair. Unfair to his brother and his mother.

Sehun sighed, remembering his phone call with Luhan the night before.

 

“ANNYEONG LUHANNN!”

Luhan chuckled over the phone. “Annyeong my favourite dongsaeng. How was your first day of school?”

Sehun snorted. “Ugh, the usual. But you know that Nayoung fake that you confirmed earlier, hyung? That Jihyun girl? Wow. I can’t believe her. She stands up to me! So annoying! No wonder she had to pretend to be someone else. No one in their right mind would want to talk to her. Aish, jinja. But seriously, she’s all chummy with Kai now. How could he? Aish, Luhan…”

It had been a while since Luhan had heard Sehun so talkative. About a person. Luhan smiled, but soon remembered the reason he had called.

“Sehun,” he interrupted, “When’s your brother coming back?”

The line suddenly went silent.

“Sehun?” Luhan echoed.

“Next week.” Sehun replied, and it was impossible to tell the emotion in his voice, “I… had almost forgotten.”

“Maybe forgetting is better.” Luhan suggested gently.

“Ani… I can’t forget. She deserves more than that.” His voice was a grim whisper as his jaw clenched.

Luhan closed his eyes. It was going to be hard. “Sehun. Like Jeju Island, Forget. For at least one more week.”

Sehun exhaled and the memories were back. It had been fun, relaxing, free. Nothing had gone wrong. He had been whoever he wanted to be, without thinking. He slowly let his jaw relax. One more week couldn’t hurt right? “A week.” He agreed. “But just a week. Hyung won’t like it.”

Luhan hesitatingly smiled. “I’m glad, Sehun.”

He was met with a dial tone. Maybe he’ll realize in a week. He can’t hide forever.

 

Sehun bit his lip. A week was okay. He had promised to forget. For one week. And if he was going to forget, then he was going to give it his all. He nodded grimly. One week, like I’m any other guy on this planet. I deserve at least this much after so many years.

 

He put on a poker face and smiled at the girls, giving a brief wave.

“OMO, SEHUN-SSHI WAVED AT ME!!”

"DUDE, HE SMILED?!"

One week was okay, for Luhan. And maybe even for Jihyun.

 

 

------

whoop short update, dw longer chapter with sehun fluff coming soon :D

gettin the plot rollin.

@Nami_97 ^^ thanks so much (: hehe Sehun is just too sneaky.

thanks so much for subscribing, and upvoting and commenting. Seriously. <3