CHAPTER 3: The jerk on the motorbike...

In Love With a Lie

I took a deep breath and checked myself in the mirror. Semi-satisfied, I patted my hair down and headed downstairs. 

My parents had gone to their new work places early in the morning to give a good impression but had managed to leave packed lunch on the table for me. A cute little bento box with a pink post it note stuck on top.

"Jihyun-ah! Good luck on your first day of school! Make lots of friends, maybe there will be someone you already know! Hwaiting!! <3"

I smiled and packed the lunchbox into my bag before slinging it over my shoulder. Grabbing a piece of bread in my mouth, i glanced at the time. CRAP I had left it a bit too late.

I sprinted out of my house towards the bus stop, about 100 m down the road. Crap. I tried to keep my skirt down as I huffed loudly. Maybe by the end of the year, I could win the 100m sprint. Ha.

I WAS ALMOST THERE WHEN... a whoosh of wind rushed past me, and the bright yellow of the school bus drove right past. 

"MY BUSS!!!" I screamed, as it left me trailing behind in its dust. 

MY NEXT BUS WAS IN HALF AN HOUR!!! EOTTOKE!!

I reached out my hand in desperation, "COME BACKKKKKK"

 

Suddenly, an engine stopped right next to me and I heard a familiar chuckle. I turned around in hope, seeing a boy on a white motorbike, complete with a matching helmet, BUT THE BEST PART WAS HE WAS IN MY SCHOOL UNIFORM OMG MAYBE HE COULD GIVE ME A LIFT.

"OMO!! YOU!! MY SCHOOL! CAN YOU! LIFT! I NEED!!" I was too excitied about this beacon of hope that I couldn't form coherent sentences. I mean, who is late on their first day of school?!

He scoffed loudly, like I had suggested the most outrageous thing in the world. Hey! At least he understood me!

"Yah. Do you think I came over to help? I was just amused by your little pose"

I turned to look at my arm... still reaching up awkwardly. "Ehehe" I chuckled embarrasedly and quickly put it down with my other hand. Time to try again, looking SANE.

"May I have a lift please? It's my first day and I don't want to be late." I gave my most polite smile.

Wait what? He wasn't even looking at me!

"So forward," he smirked. "I hate forward girls."

And with that he zoomed off, trailing me in the dust. Again. 

My jaw dropped as I realised what he said.

"YAH I'M NOT FORWARD YOU ARROGANT JERK I JUST WANT I RIDE TO SCHOOL" I wailed after him. I probably looked a bit mad...

 

I pouted, realising he was long gone. Okay. I was going to have to make the walk. Luckily I had planned to get to school early, so if I walked, I would have JUST enough time to make it.. albeit sweaty. I furrowed my eyebrows in determination and stuck my right foot out... only to trip over a pothole. Oh my luck today.

I winced at the slight graze on my knee, before I felt a pair of hands trying to help me up.

"Are you okay?" A messy brown haired boy helped me to my feet. 

"Ne.." I stuttered. He was pretty good looking. I looked away shyly. Thank God for that pothole.

He helped me up properly before giving me a sweet smile. "I'm Kai! And I take it we go to the same school" He eyed your uniform.

OH YEAH! We were going to be late for school!

"OH MY GOSH. SCHOOL. OH MY GOSH. Aren't we going to be late?!" I asked him worriedly

"Aren't you going to tell me your name?" he laughed.

Whoops! "Jihyun," I replied, "Song Jihyun."

He chuckled like I was being funny and tapped me on my nose with his finger. Was there something funny about my name?

"Don't worry Jihyun-sshi, I know a shortcut" He grinned knowingly, and somehow I felt at ease. 

He headed off, and i quickly followed, taking two lefts, a right and another left before cutting into a park.

Hanging willow trees, a solitary park bench and a large, still lake. The park was really beautiful. I breathed out in awe.

He saw me slow down and quickly pulled my wrist, "We can come here later," He smiled warmly at me, "But I thought you were worried about being late for school!"

OH SCHOOL. I let him drag me through the park, and I felt the corners of my mouth tug up. Maybe the first day of school wouldn't be so bad.

------

We got to the end of the park when Kai announced, "Miss Song, we have arrived at our destination!"

Cute. I chuckled, before realising that a tall cement wall stood before us. A look of horror quickly overtook my face.

"Uh... Kai... What's that?"

He laughed like it was no big deal. "Just the back entrance to our school." Oh yeah. No big deal. EXCEPT THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD GET OVER THAT.

"Um... Kai... How do we get over?"

He laughed again. "Easy, pabo, just climb over." He stopped, before looking at me again, groaning and hitting his head with his hand. "I'm so sorry, I forgot about this tall wall... I usually just climb over..." He glanced at your skirt before blushing madly. "Get on my shoulders? I PROMISE I WON'T LOOK" He stuttered.

I sighed nervously. It would take too long to go round the front way... Our school was huge! "Araso... BUT DON'T LOOK." For some reason, I didn't feel that bad, trusting him already.

After much effort and embarrassment, I had managed to scramble over the wall, and Kai quickly jumped over easily after me just as the school bell rang.

"Perfect timing." he gave me a flawless grin before leading me to the classrooms. 

--------

"Annyeong haseyo. Song Jihyun imnida. I'm from Busan, please treat me well!" I bowed to the class

"Thank you Jihyun. Please take a seat." Our homeroom teacher, Mrs Park, looked pretty nice, a young woman with long hair and round glasses sitting on her nose. 

The seats were in pairs, and all filled except for one which was completely empty. No deskmate for me then. I dejectly dumped my bag as Mrs Park welcomed everyone back to school. The bell rang again. It was time for our first class.

The class slowly filed out, and I saw Kai waiting for me outside. 

"KAI!" I squealed, excited to see a familiar face.

He leaned coolly against the wall and gave me a wink, "As school captain, I'm here to show you around the school."

Omo, he was school captain? Exciting hehehe. 

Since I hadn't got my timetable yet, Kai really did give me a thorough tour of the school.

"This is the English class, here is the Senior room and oh, over there are the music rooms. They're usually empty, but if you're lucky, you might hear some beautiful voices. AAHHHHHHHHHHH~" he grinned and gave me an offkey opera high note.

"Tell me you don't do music" I groaned. 

"I do, I'm actually great at singing." He gave another offkey high note before sticking his tongue out. 

"EWWW" I pretended to cover my ears. 

He had led me outside to the front school entrance, a nice open gravel pathway for cars to drop their children off. 

Suddenly a very familiar looking white motorbike came skidding into the gravel, spraying dirt on both me and Kai. Well if it wasn't that guy from this morning who called me forward and ditched me. Good thing I didn't go with him, or I would have been even later. 

"Peh" I tried to spit the dirt out as the stupid owner pulled his helmet off and shook his hair like he was filming a commercial or something. Ugh.. who did he think he was.

I finally caught a glimpse of his face as he swaggered over to Kai and I with a cocky smirk without even looking at me. "Long time no see, SCHOOL CAPTAIN."

Where had I seen that face before? Shock overwhelmed me and my eyes nearly popped out of my head.

"J-Jae Min?!" I choked out, as Kai hissed "Oh Sehun"

 

------

OOOOO WHATS GOING ON. okay so i already told you in the foreword :B the drama starts!!

eheh it seemed like a kai fic eh :P Hehe Kai seems like a great first friend :D

but thanks for reading ;__; I feel like my writing was a bit boring today hahah.

I HAD A DREAM KRIS WU WAS MY BF LAST NIGHT HAHAHAHAHHA :')

Also, this story kind of fits Kris "Chicken is not my style" Wu more LOL but THATS OKAY SEHUNNIE WILL ADAPT. 

thanks so much for subscribing :') it really encourages me to post

comments and all are appreciated too!! ;_____;