CHAPTER 1: The Holiday Plan

In Love With a Lie

I breathed out a sigh. It was a bittersweet sigh. This holiday was something I had looked forward to all year, but also something I had been dreading all year. It was the celebration of the end of my time at Busan and the start of a senior year in Seoul. I glanced out of the window. The fluffy clouds floated past quickly, occassionally sliced through by the wing of the plane. They were tinged with the most brilliant shade of some colour between pink and orange: peach perhaps? But as beautiful as it was, I couldn't shake the sad feeling of having to leave where I had spent the first 16 years of your life. Would the clouds be as beautiful as this when I left? I pouted softly as I remembered when my parents had first told me about their decision.

---

"Jihyun-ah"

My parents called me carefully.

"Ne?" I looked up from my knitting. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I was a granny or anything, but I was just too bored. It was already the second month of summer break, soon to end, but I had run out of things to entertain myself with.

"Uh... can you come and have a little talk with us?" Their voices were cautious.

I furrowed my brows. My parents must have something fishy up their sleeves. Usually they were the happiest, most cheerful and loveliest two people, but today they looked... well... shifty, to put it simply. The last time they had this look was the timethey had accidentally broken my favourite cup.

I shuffled over suspiciously but sat down atthe chair opposite them. Narrowing myeyes at both of them, I shot out a hostile "What is it", scared of what they had to tell me.

They glanced nervously at each other before starting.

"Well... Jihyun-ah... you know we love you very very much.." "Very much" my mother interrupted.

"And we don't know how to break this to you but..." They laughed nervously.

I changed my tact. "What is it?" I prompted them sweetly, knowing they would probably be too scared to tell me otherwise. I was eager to get back to my knitting!!

"Well..." my dad started again, before breaking out into a nervous grin.

"We're going to Jeju Island for a week at the end of the year! You can bring a friend and we can have the time of our lives!"

I looked at them suspiciously. "What's the catch?"

"What catch?" They laughed nervously again. "It's all good news!"

I frowned, careful not to fall into their trap. "What's the other bit of the good news?"

"Youknowthattestwemadeyoudoawhilebackwellwegottheresultsbackandyougotintothetopschoolinseoulsowe'retrasnferringthereattheendoftheyearwe'vealreadyenrolledforyou...There I said it!"

My mother exhaled what she had left of her breath and looked relieved that she had managed to say it.

"What?!" I heard none of that.

My mother sighed. "You're transferring to the top school in Seoul for your last year of high school."

"Oh." It did sound like good news. BUT I WASN'T READY TO LEAVE MY FRIENDS, THEY SAY THE LAST YEAR IS THE FUNNEST YEAR (APART FROM THE EXAMS), AND SEOUL WAS AGES AWAY FROM MY SWEET HOME TOWN AND I WOULD HAVE A FUNNY ACCENT AND EVERYONE WOULD LAUGH AND I HAD ALREADY SPENT A GOOD 5 YEARS SSETTLING IN AND MAKING MYSELF COMFORTABLE AT MY CURRENT SCHOOL, NOT TO MENTION I WASN'T READY TO NEVER SEE THAT CUTE ENGLISH TEACHER EVER AGAIN. IT'S NOT LIKE THAT SCHOOL WOULD BOOST MY MARKS A LOT OR SOMETHING.

"EOMMAAAAAA" I screeched. Okay, maybe I was overreacting but, EOMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

My parents hid.

-----------

I jutted your bottom lip out and glanced over at my best friend Jung Eunji, who had miraculously been able to come. She was in no better state than me, with puffy eyes and soft whimpers every few minutes. Okay, she wasn't THAT sad to see me go. No. It was her jerk of a boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend, who was too busy making out with another girl to notice his own girlfriend bringing him a heartfelt gift on their anniversary. Apparently, it wasn't the first time. A no nonsense kind of girl, she had cut him off straight away, seemingly unhurt, but had wailed restlessly for days on end afterwards, to which I,unfortunately, could testify to.

"YAH. Jung Eunji" I reprimanded her sharply, "Stop thinking about that useless jerk. He's not worth your time. You should be using your precious time with meeeeee" my voice ended in a whine.

"I'm not thinking about him!" She snapped, but slowly started getting more angry, "It's just...I can't believe he did that to me, I thought we-"

I softened. "Yah...Thought you weren't thinking about him"

She instantly resumed her poker face. "I'm not"

I chuckled, 'I'm sure. But seriously though, Eunji, how can i enjoy my last week with you if you're not even thinking about your dear friend here!" I pouted.

"I am!" She replied indignantly.

"Do you even know who you're on holidays with right now?" I retorted rudely.

"Of course! My dearest friend Song Jihyun.. But Jihyun, I just feel so angry and ruthless right now. I WANT TO DESTROY HIM!"

I blinked. Well that was a quick change. So she had moved onto the next stage of grief: ANGER. I inched away from her slightly. I could almost see steam coming out of her ears and she was unknowingly pounding her fist against the seat in front of her. I could see the passenger in front of her slowly getting annoyed...I had to stop her before a serious case of assault occured.

"Eunji!" I hissed "I have a plan!"

She stopped abruptly and replied in a whisper "A plan?"

"Yes, a plan," I nodded seriously. Crap. I hadn't thought of the plan yet.

"Is it a revenge plan?"

"Um... a plan to help you forget that jerk?"

"What is it?" She said excitedly.

I pretended to pause for dramatic effect, but was actually trying to churn ideas into a coherent thought. Time was up. "Um.. Well, this trip, let's meet some perfect guy, your dream guy who will make you forget that douchebag ever existed!" Okay that was lame.

She scoffed. "I don't want another guy. Guys are all jerks."

Suddenly, her eyes lit up, "I have a plan," she whispered urgently, before crying out triumphantly "A REVENGE PLAN!"

I gulped. What had I started?

She continued like she was planning the destruction of the world. "A REVENGE PLAN ON THE WHOLE RACE OF STUPID BOYS. OH YES MEN, YOU BETTER WATCH OUT, JUNG EUNJI IS HERE TO CONQUER YOU"

I nodded quickly in agreement as she turned to me for approval. I wasn't ready to face her wrath right now.

"OH YES. SONG JIHYUN, THIS TRIP, WE ARE GOING TO STRUT OUR STUFF, BE Y AND ADMIRABLE AND INDEPENDENT WOMAN, MAKE UP A BUNCH OF LIES, HAVE GUYS FALL FOR US, HANGING OFF THE END OF OUR PINKIES AND THEN SNAP. we will break their hearts" she grinned evilly.

Oh boy. what have I done.

"TIME TO BREAK BOYS' HEARTS" she shouted gleefully. Perhaps a little too gleefully.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!! Hopefully you enjoyed the first chapter!! Sorry if it was a bit boring, but just wanted to introduce everything :D

Don't worry! Sehunnie will appear very soon (:<

Please subscribe or comment! It would make me very happy :)

AND THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING IF YOU WERE ONE OF THOSE AMAZING PEOPLE :')