Xiumin - When it's the New Year's

♥XOXO Scenario Collection

 

Two scenario requests from my tumblr that I wanted to post here as well ♥


 

“It’s always like this, huh? It’s always my fault?” You huffed irritatedly, pulling out your gloves to toss it to the side table on the balcony. He raked a hand through his hair frustratedly – definitely messing up his hair but he  couldn’t care less at the moment. “I never said that it was your fault!”
 

“Then why are you getting so worked up about it?” You wanted everything to just stop – you wanted to stop fighting but it seems like he didn’t plan on stopping.
 

“I’m not worked up!” His voice definitely proved otherwise.
 

“Then why are you raising your voice at me?” You breathed out tiredly, eyes boring into his soul and honestly, he felt a deep kick in his gut when he saw that look – he had definitely chose the wrong words to say again. Lately, EXO had a comeback, a Christmas special to be exact with Miracles in December in which, you loved it very much – that’s one.
 

You bought their albums, both versions at the original price.
 

Heck, you even put up the posters in the house you two share and drew a heart over Xiumin’s face so who is he to say that you ‘don’t put in effort’ in this relationship? Who is he to blame you for showing up late once – just once! And it’s for a very good cause as well – you were wrapping his new year gift (it was a tradition between the two of you). All this while, he’s the one coming late for the dates. He’s the one letting you stay up, waiting for his calls when he wasn’t coming back home for dinner – when he wasn’t coming back at all. You waited, day and night. You prepared, breakfast, lunch and dinner just in case he could come back for any of these meals but usually, you would need to call over your best friend who lives opposite you to finish the food with you.
 

That best friend, was a guy. You knew Xiumin didn’t like him coming over to your house but what to do? You can’t possibly let all the food go to waste. You even tried packing the food, going all the way to SM Entertainment where you wanted to see him but every single time, it would be he’s ‘too busy’ to see you. So what’s the whole point?
 

Even with all that, you knew you loved him with all your heart, which would still cause you to hold on for so long.
 

Because you knew he was the one that you loved but wanted to strangle so badly at the same time.
 

Even though it was getting tougher each day, you knew he was fighting too – which leads to why you were fighting for him as well.
 

But why was he doing this now?
 

“Look, Xiumin, it’s ten more minutes to a new year. I don’t want to start my new year with a fight. I don’t want to start a new year with you if we’re just going to carry on with arguments every single time we meet up. I’m tired.” You breathed out – voice strained as you really didn’t want to go on anymore. If this was the end, let it be the end.
 

He gulped at you with guilt – lips quivering as he trembled, taking small steps towards you who were leaning against the cold railings. Your hands held onto the railings even though it was freezing cold without your gloves but it didn’t matter – the pain in your heart felt much worse compared to this.
 

He meekly picked up your gloves he got for you on your third year anniversary before he continued to make his way towards you. As he stood before you, he fiddled with the gloves, eyes looking into yours – afraid with what was going to come.
 

“What are you trying to say?”
 

You blinked at him, eyes roaming elsewhere as you sighed. “I’m saying… if we’re going to argue every single time we meet,” Your eyes moved back to his, “If we’re not going to compromise, if I’m going to be the one who’s waiting for you every single time… Let’s just-“
 

Don’t say it.” He cut you off, his voice filled with need as he pried your hands away from the railings. He held your hands tight with his, warming up your cold hands and indirectly, he was trying to warm up your heart. “I told you not to say it when you’re getting emotional. Don’t.” His voice was stern but you could only see that he was afraid of losing you. You breathed out deeply, ripping your hands away from his as you brushed past him to walk away from him a little, with your back facing him. He spun around to lock his eyes at your figure as you turned around to meet with his eyes – you were on the edge of crying now.
 

“Then what do you want from me? One minute you’re blaming me for coming late to a date, the next minute you’re here, telling me you’re not getting worked up when clearly, you’re getting worked up over everything. Now you’re telling me not to say what I know that you know I’m about to say? I’m only human, Xiumin! I put up with you every single time you come late, every single time you don’t come home – leaving me alone to sleep in our bed. I cry at night alone, thinking if you love me but all you do is assure me with a single text of ‘I Love You’. It does assure me for one night that you do that. What about the rest of the nights where you’re even too busy to care? I get hurt, Xiumin. What exactly do you want from me?!” You ended up shouting, letting the tears stream down and he tossed your gloves onto the ground, lunging forward towards you to cup your cheeks with force, slamming his lips against yours.
 

The kiss was so needy, so rushed but it felt right.
 

It felt like all the past emotions you two felt and that was bottled up – the emotions that were never spoken about and buried deep down in your hearts were expressed into this very ferocious kiss he initiated. Your arms went around his neck automatically, yanking him closer as he growled against your lips while his arms banded strongly around your waist to lift you off the ground momentarily – bringing a wider smile to your face as you felt like you were walking on cloud nine.
 

There was no reason to be upset anymore.
 

There were only reasons to smile as you were reminded of the reasons why you were holding on for so long.
 

Why you were putting up with all of this because… he was worth it.
 

And it was because you loved him, dearly.
 

When he broke the kiss, as well as setting you down, he pressed his forehead against yours, trapping you in his embrace. “I want you. I want you for all my life. I know… I’m hurting you but I’m hurting a lot, too.” He sounded so sad but as he looked into your eyes, he found a reason to smile. “But every time I come home to you, whenever I can – I feel like the happiest man in the world. I admit, I’m a for making you stay up but it’s because I don’t have the heart to tell you I can’t come back even though that’s the only thing I do. You’re my only priority but I have to make money for us – for you and me. I want to be able to make enough money so you can enjoy the finest things in life.”
 

“I don’t need the finest things in life if I don’t have you.” You replied on his lips and he pecked your lips once. “I know, but… I’ll try harder from now on. If I can’t make it home, I’ll make sure to tell you so you get some rest. When I can come home, I’ll call you whenever I can – however I can. I’ll work hard for you, so please. Please don’t say those words I know you’re going to say because I know, you love me enough to keep fighting for me too. Please…” With that, he buried his nose into your hair, crushing you with his arms that only meant love.
 

You gulped, thinking about it for a moment but he gave you another squeeze. “Please.” He pleaded, voice filled with desperation. Nodding your head into his chest. “I… I’ll fight for you, Xiumin.”
 

“Thank God…” He mumbled into your hair, loving the feeling of you with him and he immediately pulled away the moment he felt how icy cold your hands were on his neck. He hurriedly reached for the gloves on the ground to put it on you. “Don’t you dare throw this again.” He scolded you but you simply smiled, “You were the one who threw it on the ground – at least I threw it on the table.”
 

He snarled at you playfully, “You’re such a tease.”
 

“But you love this little tease anyway.”
 

“You little-“ He was cut off with his arms around your waist when the balcony doors opened, revealing Sehun and Kai peeking at the two of you. “Is the war over?” Sehun chuckled, causing the two of you to smile, nodding your heads at the two youngest guys here at the party. “Come in! We’re counting down already!” Kai chimed, flinging the door open and Xiumin looked down on you as he held onto your hand tight – with the matching gloves he had on his hands as well, “C’mon!” With that, he had pulled you back in with everyone else who was at this countdown party to a new year.
 

It seems like everyone else here was happy, so cheerful and finally, you could say that you feel the same with Xiumin.
 

It really feels like he’ll try his best and you’ll try your best to be more understanding as well.
 

Things… things were finally falling into place.
 

He had his arms around your waist, making you face him as you put your arms around his neck. The people in the back were already counting down to the last ten seconds to midnight.
 

“I love you so much, my love. Here’s to another happy year with loving you in my life. I promise, I'll work harder just for you.” He whispered on your lips, inching closer just as they counted down to three.
 

With the count of one, he had closed the gap between the two of you – starting off the new year with a kiss.

 

Happy new year indeed.