Chen - When you hide, seek and leave

♥XOXO Scenario Collection

 

 

“Jesus, where is she?” He mumbled under his breath, pacing down the halls with his head looking left and right, not wanting to miss any important corners that you might possibly be in. He even took the tendency to walk to the places he knew you’d never be in because he was being careful – as careful as he could be whenever it came to you. With a deep sigh and a breather he gave himself because heck, he deserved it, he leaned back against the locker behind him and prayed that you would somehow appear in front of him.

The school was empty and it seemed like people had left roughly sixty minutes ago but it there was an impulse that informed him that you were still around here.

Or at least, he thinks you are.

He fished out his phone, checking the time and also, the chances of you actually informing him where you were. No texts, no calls, huh, as expected…

He shoved his phone back into his pocket, finally removing his tie once he realized he still had it on. He rolled it up messily and stuffed it inside his other pocket before kicking himself off the locker, making his way out of the school, one last spot in his mind that he has yet to search for.

Not in the labs, not in the computer rooms, not in the balcony, not on the rooftop… this had to be the last spot.

He let out a breath of relief and a sense of reassurance washed over him when he could make up that figure seating underneath the shade with the bus sign standing nearby the pole. He quickened his pace and made sure he came fast, not wanting to lose sight of you again like what happened in the last time. One minute he thinks you’re there and in the next, you have miraculously disappeared – it made his mind crack a few times…

“There you are,” He breathed out tiredly, sitting down beside you as he tugged you by your arm into his own. You glanced at his way, noticing how he was sweating as he had ran a marathon and at this rate, he looked like he joined a triathlon. “Here I am,” You spoke, your lips curling up into a small smile before you used a tissue, dabbing his sweat on his forehead, “Where else did you think I’d be?”

He threw you an incredulous look, as if he was defying your words and definitely, he was. Then he scowled, “Really? Really?”

You smiled wider and how could he ever stay mad whenever you smiled at him like that?

“Sorry but—“ You were cut off by the screeching of the tires that pulled up all of a sudden. Standing up out of instinct with the need to not be late again, you ruffled his hair and inched down to plant a kiss on his cheek, “—I’ll see you tomorrow! If you find me, that is.”

With a chuckle and the pat you gave on his arm, you had disappeared once more when you got on the bus. The doors fell close and it took off just like that, a puff of smoke into the air as if it was a magic trick. He closed his eyes and braced himself for another day – another day of finding you and needing to feel the thrill of being able to again.

But who was he kidding?

You had him under your fingertips – and he wasn’t going to let go anytime soon.