D.O. - When you're sick

♥XOXO Scenario Collection

 

"Say 'ah'." He ordered lightly, a hand lingering in front of your mouth as he held onto the thermometer. You gulped but parted your lips after that, allowing him to take your temperature before he furrowed his eyebrows in a cute manner - thinking of what he should do next to lower down your temperature.
 

These few days you've been sick.
 

Terribly sick to the point where you couldn't move on your own, but you tried your very best - you were staying at your old apartment just so Kyungsoo wouldn't find out because you didn't exactly want to trouble him. You knew he had so much on his shoulders at work and with that, you had used the excuse of staying over at a friend's house when actually you were at home alone.
 

Not until one of those sick days, Kyungsoo had found out that you were actually at home by yourself, which leads to why he stormed over at 1 o'clock in the morning, knocking furiously on your door but you never came to open it. When he managed to remember that he had the spare key - he was only horrified by the fact that you were on the floor by the living room where you had collasped. Your temperature was too high, you felt incredibly weak and when you heard the knocks you had tried to get up to answer it but little did you know, your body didn't have enough strength to do so, causing you to black out.
 

He was definitely worried that he wanted to made sure that you were feeling alright again until he'd yank you back home with him.
 

Which leads to why he's staying over here at your old apartment for these few days just to ensure your health.
 

When you woke up, obviously feeling much better, he was already there with a stern look that could nearly kill you if he tried. He didn't even say anything apart from telling you what to do just so you could get better but other than that, he still didn't spark up a conversation.
 

He was indeed upset.
 

Before your hand could even reach up to hold onto his hand, he had already gone into the kitchen where he was going to get the wet towel to wipe your forehead, arms and neck. He was trying his very best to make your temperature come down based on how sick you've been but thanks to him and his hardworking ways of cooking herbal soup, making herbal tea along with porridge, you were on the edge of becoming healthy again.
 

He came back from the kitchen only to sit down beside you on the sofa, since there was space as you were lying down. He was facing you as he had the towel up to wipe your forehead before he moved down to your neck without sparing you a glance - it's been like this for two days or so now, how long will this keep up?
 

"K-Kyungsoo..." You mumbled, holding onto his wrist when he wanted to get up but he couldn't when you held onto him like that.
 

Your strained voice calling him like that, how could he have the heart to continue with his act?
 

"Let go." He tried to sound stern but you noticed he could easily give in any minute.
 

"Please, Kyungsoo." Your voice was quiet, it was soft.
 

And you were very sorry.
 

He sighed, putting the cloth on the coffee table before he proceeded to continue sitting as he turned his face to look down on you where he could see your beautiful face. It was so pale days ago, but thankfully, now the colors were coming back. He stared deeply into your eyes, waiting for you to go on, "What is it?"
 

"I'm..." You then blinked at him, tearing your gaze away from him with a small sigh. He could see the difficulties of you saying your share that he decided to say his - the words he's been wanting to say for a few days now.
 

"Do you know how worried I was?" He sounded pained and hurt as he looked down on you. The grip you had around his wrist had loosened. Your heart crumbled a little just looking at him express his feelings. "How could you not tell me? You know I would've done all I could just to make you feel better - I would take care of you, you know that."
 

"B-But,-"
 

"Don't even try to tell me that you didn't want to burden me."
 

You then bit the inside of your cheeks, hand releasing his wrist as you let your hand fall onto your lap as you let your head hang low, staring at your own lap and he felt a tug in his heart - this wasn't what he wanted. He wanted to just hug you tight, assuring you that he still loves you nevertheless but he wanted to make you realize. "Okay," You breathed out quietly, glancing up to him and he could see the sadness pouring in your eyes. "I guess you got me." You let your eyes roam down to your hands where you fiddled with them.
 

"I guess I can't tell you anything because you already told me not to."
 

Inhaling and exhaling deeply, he shifted closer to place a hand on your cheek.
 

Who is he kidding? 
 

He loved you way too much to stay this mad at you.
 

"Baby," He called you out in a much calmer voice, causing you to lift your chin up to lock gazes with him, "Stop."
 

"But it's true!" You cried out in desperation, leaning forward effortlessly as you grabbed onto his hand on your cheek just to grip onto it tight on your lap with a hopeless sigh. "You've been so tired lately. You rarely have time for yourself when you get back and when you come home, I didn't want you to be burdened with my health. I didn't want you to feel more stressed out than you already were because everything is so hard on you. I hate that I can't help you with your work and I hate the fact I can't do anything to help. Being sick because I couldn't even do anything! I..."
 

You looked away when you could see how pitiful his gaze was directed to you, "I didn't want you to be more tired than you already were."
 

That's when he just gave into you in an instant.

 

There was no reason to be mad anymore - how could he?

 

"Come here..." He croaked out in guilt, tugging you over gently so you'd end up in his loving embrace where he hugged you delicately, arms just wrapping around you to ensure you he wasn't mad. He felt you burying your face into his chest with your arms gingerly banding around his frame and he sighed, planting a kiss on the crown of your head, "I'm not mad, alright?" He mumbled in your hair, causing you to nod once before he pulled away just to frame your cheeks with your arms still around his waist. 

 

"Listen to me," He breathed out, pressing his forehead against yours, "Thank you, for understanding how hard it must be on me. For understanding how stressful my job is but you need to understand that you are far more important than my job. I would lose any job in the world just for you - it doesn't sound romantic, I know, but that's besides the point."

 

It made you chuckle as he could see the pinkness in your cheeks returning - he felt good again.

 

"You have to realize what you mean to me and me working for money, me working for you doesn't mean anything if I don't know your condition. Don't run away from me when you get sick, let me take care of you... do you understand?"

 

Pressing your lips together, you nodded attentively, causing him to plant a kiss on the tip of your nose. "Now, eat your medicine."

 

You then scrunched up your nose a little and shook your head. He snickered and planted a kiss on your lips, "Will you eat it now?"

 

"Hmm... I don't know..." You let your voice trail off as you looked down on his lips. He tsk-ed and proceeded to make you lean back before he dipped down to cover his lips with yours just to persuade you into taking your medicine.