Xiumin - When you're stressed

♥XOXO Scenario Collection

This is for SJ_Addict ;) Hope you feel better! ♥

 

Stress. 


What was that again?
 

Stress.
 

Yes. That was probably the only thing you were feeling right now. Finals were in a week, your mom has plans for you after the finals are over. Heck, even before finals were over, your mom was ranting on you about the things you were going to be doing after finals. At this moment, you were clearly stressed out as you were by your study table where you had books all over until you could barely see an inch of the wooden table you were using. Your bed was also messed up with the amount of books on there - you definitely needed more space for this but they were only taking up a part of your bed.
 

In fact, you didn't even want to study as hard but knowing everything was on the line on these few papers left, you had to give your all to not disappoint your parents.
 

Your hands trembled as you've been writing for almost an hour now as you also had a report to finish before the few days of college you have to attend and that again, added to your list of things that were driving you off the edge - you just wanted to jump off an airplane (without a parachute).
 

The door creaked open and a head poked through the door but you didn't care - no, there was not much time for you to spare. You had a week left. One more week to cram all this information displayed before you - it had to be in your mind on the day you enter the examination hall. 
 

Also, there was something to mention, you were also on the list of your lecturers 'top scorers' which means, your lecturers think highly of you.
 

Way too damn high that it has also, once again, joined the list of the things that were going to tear your brain into pieces.
 

"Baobei?" A voice spoke up at the door as he carefully came in, closing the door behind him as quiet as he can when you didn't even answer him. He gulped and he knew it wasn't a good idea to come in but heck, you were his girlfriend. You two have been dating ever since you two started high school together - he knew you inside out and sometimes, he knows you better than you know yourself.
 

Even though he knows that possibly he could get slaughtered for this, nothing mattered. He just wanted you to get some sleep with him as it was already nearing 2a.m.. He was of course, outside in the living room watching television because he didn't want to bother you in this room but now was more than the right time to bring you to bed with him where you can relax in his arms - maybe talk about a few things before he would let you sleep.
 

"B-Baobei... It's already 2a.m. - I think you need some rest." He sounded so careful, so cautious because he knows if he screws up a word, you'll practically explode. "No." You muttered softly, hands wanting to continue writing but you couldn't. Your eyes hurt from keeping them open, from all the reading, writing and all the different colored highlights in your notes. Your brain hurts from trying to force in all these information - why the hell did exams exist in the first place? You questioned every single time. Your hand hurts from flipping the amount of books you've flipped, the amount of pages and the number of words you had to write. You just wanted to stop everything but you knew you couldn't.
 

You had to keep going.

 

"C'mon, baobei... It's getting really late..." His voice strained as he tried to convince you further as he sat on the end of the bed with a sigh - he hated to see you in this state. He just wanted to help you, take half of the things you were doing so you weren't going through so much but he has already been there and done that. He's finished with his finals already two days ago but yet here you were, still struggling. It ached his heart so much.

 

"Bao-"

 

"If you need to go to sleep, then you go ahead and sleep." You deadpanned, frustratedly slamming the pen down onto the table and he flinched - but that only made him want to bring you into bed even more.

 

He got up from the bed, cautiously as he walked over to place his hands on your shoulders. Your whole body relaxed in an instant at his touch and the two of you knew that very well. He turned you around by your shoulders until you were facing him as he bent his body down to level your eyes. "Look at me," He whispered softly on your lips, causing you to look into his eyes. Those two dark orbs that glazed with glee as he stared at you. "Everything will be fine, baobei..." He whispered again delicately, thumbs caressing the under of your eyes and with that, you had lost it again. 
 

"No it's not. It's not fine!" His hands were brushed away from your shoulders as you shot up, causing him to move back to give you space. He had already expected this.
 

"I have so much on my shoulders that I just want to get away from it all! My mother is expecting so much, the lecturers are expecting so much! Everyone is expecting so much from me and when will they ever know that I'm not a robot?! There's so much to do, so much to ace and so much ahead of me that I just want it all to go away! I just want to... I just need- I don't- I..." You found yourself sitting down on the bed with your hands covering your face, tears streaming down and he had already embraced you painfully with a frown on his face as he hugged you tight.

 

"I just want it all to disappear..." You croaked out in pain and it stung his heart - badly.

 

He tightened his grip around you as he hushed you, constantly rocking you back and forth as you cried in his arms, you didn't even know why you were crying but with all this amount of stress on your shoulders - everything seemed to crash down before you even begun trying to lift it up.

 

When you cried enough, he easily broke the hug to move your hands away where he could see your eyes were puffed up and red, slightly damp cheeks from your tears but he wiped it away with his delicate hands. "Shh... No more crying, baobei..." His voice soothed you as you sniffed, allowing him to pamper you with his small gestures as he framed your cheeks, bringing your face to his as he dipped down to plant a small kiss on your forehead, nose and finally on your lips.

 

"I know things are hard and believe me, I'd want to take it all away from you so I wouldn't need to see you in this much pain but I can't." You gulped as you sniffed again, "I don't expect you to..."

 

"But you're wrong when you said that everyone is expecting so much from you." Your eyes moved to meet his as you blinked another tear to roll down, which he had wiped it away. "I don't expect anything from you, baobei. As long as you give your best, that's good enough but there's no reason for you to beat yourself up now. You can't push yourself too far - it's not healthy for you and it's definitely not healthy for my heart considering it breaks my heart to pieces just thinking about you like this. Come to bed, and we'll sleep. The next morning, I can and will help you with it all. Even if it's not much that I can do, I'd like to try."

 

"Alright?" He wanted confirmation as he your hair once, resting it at the back of your head with a smile. He felt his heart warming up again when you nodded once with a small smile. "I... I'm sorry I just lashed at you like that. I-I didn't mean to-"
 

"Shh... It's fine, baobei. I don't mind and you know I will never mind it especially when you're like this. I'm here with you every step of the way. Let's sleep now."

 

Before he could move you to lie down, you held onto two of his hands shakingly. He froze and pouted a little, looking at you confusedly, "What's wrong?"

 

"Can... can you kiss me first?"

 

He shook his head with a soft chuckle, framing your cheeks again to nuzzle your noses together first. "Baobei, you never need to ask for a kiss. I'll kiss you whenever you'd like. Would you want it now?"

 

You nodded once slowly, your hands moving to settle on his waist gingerly - he smiled at your actions before he dipped down to cover his lips gently with yours.


 

 

That night, you slept in peace and at ease in his arms.