Kris - When you tell him you're pregnant

♥XOXO Scenario Collection

 

 

"How do you think he’ll handle the news?" Tao asked curiously over the phone, making you shrug despite the fact he can’t see that. Before you could even answer, Tao was one step ahead of you.

"Will he be happy? Super happy?" Your lips parted, but ended up sealing into a smile when Tao went on, "Or will he get overexcited to the point he becomes dumbfounded by it?"

"Tao-"

"Or-!"

"Tao!" Your voice was raised a bit, snapping Tao out of his little ride over the imagination lane. The latter laughed quietly, rubbing the back of his neck with his other hand, "S-Sorry. It’s just something so huge. He’s been waiting for this since forever."

You managed to nod one or twice, “Yeah… I know he has…”

Tao had so much more to say, but he heard the sounds of the doors unlocking as well. Your eyes widened, but Tao was once again, a step ahead to say, “Go tell him! Tell me how it goes, okay? Okay. Bye!”

You could only laugh silently, shaking your head as you put your phone aside. As you exhaled, you rubbed your hands together nervously with a paper behind your back. You knew you would be too nervous to say these words out anyway, your back leaned back against the sofa when the door twisted open, revealing Kris in his working attire. You pretended not to see him, staring ahead of you at the blank television.

Kris smiled upon seeing you, loving how the minute he came back, the first person he sees is his loving wife. He stripped off his jacket, loosening his tie as he rolled his sleeves up. His disheveled hair still emphasized on his looks, his jawline showing with his dark brown orbs looking at you from a distance. He was aching to hug you the whole day at work.

He walked towards you, settling down beside you with a grin but he noticed how you were quiet. His gummy smile faded, his arms that wanted to hug you tight remained by his side as he leaned closer, following your gaze to the television.

Good… he was falling for it…

"Baobei?" He was careful, his hand reaching over to hold onto yours delicately, "Is everything alright?"

Your lips parted to answer immediately, but you held yourself back. You wanted this moment to be perfect. Instead, you turned to look at him, your eyes promising him a promise he wanted but he couldn’t place the pieces together. What was he missing out on?

His other hand held your face worriedly, his tongue his lips that were suddenly dry, “B-Baobei… you’re scaring me…”

You reached over to lap his hand on your cheek with a smile, “Go take a shower first, Kris. I have something to tell you.”

He shook his head almost too soon, “Tell me now,” His hands were now holding two of yours on your lap with his eyes fixed on yours, his heart pounding from the nerve wrecking situation you placed him in, “Tell me.”

You shook your head with another warm smile, your hands squeezing his, “A shower, Kris. Then I’ll let you know.”

He frowned at you, the ceases on his forehead visible when he furrowed his eyebrows, “But-” Your hands let go of his just to frame his cheeks lovingly, a voice that soothed into his heart that he had to give in, “Please?”

When he saw those pair of eyes gleaming at him, that feeling of your wedding ring pressed against his cheek, that beautiful smile you offered him, he knew he had to grant your wish. It was like you had him wrapped around your finger – all the time. “You better start talking once I come out from the bathroom.”

You pecked his lips with a smile and a quiet laugh erupted after that, “Will do, Mr. Wu.”

 


 

"Okay," He breathed out, tossing his towel to the side as he exited the bathroom. "Tell me now." He spoke, kneeling down before you as you were sitting at the end of the bed. You nodded, but motioned him to stand up. He frowned at you again, "Baobei, I don’t like you worrying me and playing games like this."

You chuckled, “Just stand up first!”

He sighed deeply, getting on his feet where he looked down on you with the same worried look earlier, “Now?”

You nodded again, “Check your pocket.”

You saw how he pulled out a confused look. He didn’t get the point of this at all. You motioned him to do so when he gave you a look of disbelief soon after as his hands remained stagnant. “Come on, Kris…” You swayed your body cutely, catching his heart again. He groaned as he rolled his eyes at you, “Fine…” His hand reached into his pocket, “I still don’t get why-…” His voice trailed off when his hand fished out a white stick. It took him a moment to analyze what he was holding.

What…

A pregnancy test.

Wait a second.

His eyes widened at the results shown at the end - positive. It felt as if time stood still, it felt surreal as he blinked at the results. His hands were trembling as if the news were so foreign. Then again, he never saw this coming. He lowered it down, his eyes focused on you as his breathing got shallower. You could see evident the shock in his eyes. “Baobei… Is this-?”

Kris couldn’t say anything when you pulled a paper from behind your back. Your hands unfolded the paper, before you held it up to show him the five words written in your handwriting. The words he’s been dying to receive.

'You are now a father'

His eyes didn’t blink as he stared at your writing. His heart was still racing, the insides of him jumping as the pregnancy test slip from his fingers. Your hands let go of the paper when he pulled you up into his arms, hugging you tight as he held you by your waist - Kris was happy.

Actually, happy would be an understatement because he’s been waiting for this moment for so long - far too long.

His arms were still locked around your waist, happily hugging you with his lips at the side of your ear. The news you gave him hit him hard - he never thought the day he was waiting for… was today. It felt so magical, so incredible, so unexpected.

He pulled away, hands on your arms. You saw how excited he was, how wide his smile was as he looked at you, “H-How long?”

"Two and a half weeks. My appointment is next Saturday."

Honestly speaking, not being able to tell him immediately when you found out was hard but this… this was priceless, too. His eyes were glazed with joy, the certainty of him being a father flashed up as he glanced at the pregnancy test on the floor. “I’m going to be a father.” He spoke up, his mind still not believing it as he turned to look at you. Your hands held onto his cheeks, “You’re going to be a father.”

Although Kris believed it instantly the moment he saw the test results, it felt like he had yet to confirm it. This was the fifth best thing that’s happened to him.

The first, your acception to his love.

The second, the proposal.

The third, the wedding.

The fourth, the honeymoon - let’s not forget the honeymoon night as well.

The fifth… this.

Being told he was going to be a father, that you were bearing his child finally - it felt incredible.

"Really?" He breathed out in disbelief, but his voice couldn’t hide the excitement as his hands reached up to lap over yours on his cheeks.

You grinned and tiptoed, leveling your eyes together as you nodded closely to him, “Really.”