Kris - When you're going through a hard time

♥XOXO Scenario Collection

 

 

As he stepped through the door, his eyes were locked on you through the glass wall as you were in the kitchen. Your hair messy as it was swept to one side, the small, silent tears rolling down your cheeks as the stress you’ve been getting from work has been driving you insane – it was all getting so hard that you wanted to just cry but you couldn’t.

Not when you knew he was going to be home soon.

Little did you know, he was home already – and he was watching you through the glass.

He saw how you sniffed, trying not to cry as you used the back of your hand to wipe the remnants of your tears that kept streaming down. He heard a soft sigh that you let out as you slammed down the knife as you were chopping vegetables to cook his favorite meal but he could only care less.

All he cared about was his baobei.

All he cared about was you.

He closed the door quietly and he noticed how you didn’t realize a thing. He put his things down, discarding his jacket and emptying his pockets before he loosened his tie to remove it, all with his eyes still locked on you. As he headed towards the kitchen, he stood by the door frame where he was so close, but he felt like he was far apart.

You picked up the knife, ready to cut the vegetables that were on the chopping board but you saw how your hand was shaking as you tried. He wanted to barge in but he held himself back when he saw how you tilted your head the moment you noticed his presence. He saw how you put the knife down delicately, your hands shooting up to wipe the tears away to make it look like you weren’t crying but really, do you think he was that stupid?

He gave you a small smile while you stood properly, wiping your hands on your apron as you smiled widely at him, “Y-You’re home early.”

He gave a nod, his arms crossed in front of his chest where he asked, “How was work?”

You gave an awkward laugh, “S-Shouldn’t I be asking you that?”

He shook his head, his smile still lingering as he wanted you to answer.

No, he needed you to answer to see how you would lie to him but you couldn’t exactly do it when you couldn’t even carry on your sentence.

“Today at work… it was norm-… I mean, it was… I had this project and-I just…” You stammered multiple times, only to sigh in the end when Kris had brought you into his embrace, his long, strong arms bringing you into this warmth that he possessed as he hugged you tight to assure you that you were not alone in whatever you were going through. And that the stress you felt at work can be relieved as long as you told him about it – he was going to help in any way he could.

“Don’t try to lie, baobei…” He rasped, allowing you to hear that pinch of sadness he had whenever he knew you would try to hide something. Your arms trembled as you tried to hug him back but hey, you tried… Your arms went around him, face buried in his chest as you mumbled, “I wasn’t going to…”

He shook his head after kissing your head once, “You weren’t going to tell me the truth either.”

You gulped and remained silent, trying your best not to break down but even if you did, Kris would still hold you in his arms and made sure you were alright nevertheless. He squeezed you tight, rocking you back and forth to make you feel comfortable as this was what he’d usually do to make you calm down and slowly, it was working.

Just him being here to assure you that you had someone here by your side, made the skies a bit clearer as he held you like this.

“Don’t cry when I’m not around, baobei. I’m here, remember that.”

With a meek nod you gave him, he chuckled as he pulled away to grin down on you, his hands moving up to frame your cheeks as he held you in delicately, “Now just sit down and wait while I handle dinner.”

You managed to break out into a small laugh – making his heart flutter at the sound of you being happy.

Thank God… He thought, eyes smiling at you happily.

“You? Take care of dinner? Are you really sure, Kris?”

He snickered, kissing your nose once, “I can always try, baobei.”

“I’ll sit here and watch – who knows you’ll need my help.”

He shook his head and tsk-ed at you as he hoisted you up to place you on the counter where it was empty whilst he reached over for another apron. He swiftly put it on and rolled up his sleeves with a smirk, “I’m pretty sure you’ll need to help – but not today.” He strode towards you with pride, his hands on your thighs where you dipped down to brush your lips with his, “Let me handle it for today. I’m sure you’ve been through enough for today…”

With a grateful smile, you managed to kiss his lips once before pulling away to whisper in a hushed voice, “Thank you, Kris.”

“Don’t mention it, baobei.” He tucked on his apron, “Now, just pray I don’t burn down our house.”