Kai - When he didn't tell you about his injury

♥XOXO Scenario Collection

 

 

“God…” He let out a sigh the moment he landed on the sofa slowly. You let go of his arm that was around your neck before you shuffled backwards with your lips quivering. His eyes clenched shut from the immense pain stinging on his hip as he pressed his body back against the sofa – he was hurting.

It was merely just a few days before you got back from a trip with Kai and just… this happens.

He insisted he was fine without a doctor, he insisted that the whole trip shouldn’t be cancelled halfway like that because he knew how much you like going to the beach, how much you like staying in the resort with him, how much you love being away from the city with just him, how much you like to stargaze at night with him around you, with him enclosing you with his embrace because he liked it too.

He didn’t and couldn’t bear to see your sad expressions, your emotions were far more important than his health.

It wasn’t until he couldn’t even walk properly the moment you two came back from the airport, stepping down from the taxi where he fell down to the ground after taking two steps towards the front door. The pain stung on his waist, making him lose his foot coordination before he fell down to the ground. He couldn’t and wasn’t strong enough to get up on his own that you had called for help of the doorman to carry your bags up for you while you were the one hoisting Kai up with all the strength in you.

You had assisted him back towards the apartment and within a few minutes, it came to the present – which is him being able to relax on the sofa. Though he was hurting, there was no denying the pain was eased just by lying down with his head resting on the arm rest of the two seat sofa, one of his legs propped up while the other hung lazily on the floor as one of his arms draped over his stomach.

You have never felt so nervous before – everything was going haywire.

Even though you were deeply stressed these few days, Kai was able to relieve it by bringing you to the beach but now it’s like you wished you never went at all. If you never went with him, he would’ve never injured himself – he would never be in this much pain.

“I-I’ll call Lay.” You mumbled quietly, pacing off to the bedroom where you would make the phone call using the landline. Before Kai could even tell you to stay, you were already gone, making him close his eyes again with a sigh. He never intended things to be this way – he only wanted you to be happy. His head fell back on the sofa as the pain subsided… for now. The pain didn’t come unless he moved so he decided to stay put, not until he heard your worried explanations over the phone in the bedroom.

With that, he didn’t hesitate to swing his other leg that was propped up on the sofa, down to the floor just to sit upright. He took in a deep breath before he pushed himself up with all his might, making him grunt in pain where as he took his first step, he fell forward onto the ground with a loud thud. He tried to prevent the pain from getting worse by holding his arms out, absorbing the impact through his arms instead that made him muffle in a scream that wanted to escape past his lips.

That was all it took for you to slam the phone down after an assurance from Lay he’d come over now before you ran out from the bedroom only to shout Kai’s name. He couldn’t even look at you because of the pain he was feeling – he felt horrible now.

You crouched down to the floor, helping him up from the floor where his eyes peeled open to look at your worried gaze – you were so close to having a heart attack and he could see that so evidently. “A-Angel…” His voice came out softer than he imagined. It seems like the injury on his hip drained out most of his energy. You hushed him, unintentionally ignoring him as you led him backwards carefully and slowly until he lowered himself down to sit on the sofa before you aided him to lie down.

When he was in the position he was a moment ago but with both of his legs propped up on the sofa, you stood up with a frown where his eyes were locked onto your face. “Don’t get up or I’m really going to glue you to the sofa…”

He frowned, not liking one bit that you almost looked like you were going to cry.

He knew how much you were hurting as well, painfully in the heart.

He knew that you could never bear to see him get hurt because you too, put him above anything else.

“Angel…” He whispered, his hand reaching to hold onto yours even though you were trying to stand away from him. “Come here.” He spoke up a little but you remained still, looking away where your lips were in a thin line to prevent letting him see how badly they were actually quivering. “Please, don’t do that…” His voice got softer, making you turn your head to look at him where his grip on your hand tightened. “D-Do what?”

He sighed, “Don’t push me away – not when I need you the most now.”

You shook your head, “Why did you insist we go to the beach when you were already hurting a little? Why did you insist that you were alright even though you weren’t?”

He exhaled heavily, “I did it for you, angel. I wanted you to be happy.”

You closed your eyes and turned your head – it made him gasp. He pulled you down to sit beside him on the sofa despite the minimum space you had but it was enough for you as he held onto your hand tightly. Your hand laced his fingers before you whispered, “You know your health comes before anything else.” Your eyes opened to look at him sadly – it left a pang in his heart, “You know that, Kai.”

He brought your hand over to his stomach, before he lifted your hand up with his to kiss the back of your hand, “I just wanted you to feel better.”

You pulled your hand back, with his still tightly interlocked with it, “Even though you know how much it’ll injure you? Kai, that’s not the way to make me feel better when I’m just going to worry about you like it’s a matter of life and death.”

He sighed, squeezing your hand, “Angel-“

“No, Kai. Listen to me.” You released his hand, moving onto the floor where you kneeled down beside him, making his eyes widen – he was not expecting this at all. “Angel, get u-“

“Please?” You pleaded, two of your hands holding onto one of his hand that made his heart poach just looking at you. He couldn’t say no, he nodded silently instead.

“You have got to start taking care of yourself more – your health is very important to me, Kai. I may not be able to be here forever to take care of you Kai, although I’d love to, there’s only so much I can do while I’m still alive. I want to be with you forever, taking care of you and nurturing you with everything I have but I can’t if you yourself don’t take care of your health.” He blinked at you sadly because, well, he wanted you to be happy – and you knew that. Your hands gripped onto his, your thumbs rubbing on the back of his left hand that you were holding on to, “I know that you want to make me happy and I feel so blessed that you love me to the extend that you’d do this to yourself but, please don’t. I appreciate you so much and I’d never want to see you get hurt, let alone suffer silently where you don’t tell me because I’m not a doctor, Kai – and I’m definitely not a mind reader. I…” You couldn’t go on, almost choking on your tears and Kai made you hush, gently pulling you up with two of his hands so you could sit back on the sofa facing him again. He lightly nudged you over to lean closer towards him where you rested your head on his chest, your body trying not to crush down on his hip but honestly, he doesn’t care.

He wanted you close.

He made you come closer than before, your chest pressed against his, your arms that gingerly went around his waist as he kissed the side of your head, “I… I get it, angel. Don’t cry…”

You closed your eyes tight, making Kai frown as he looked down on you – he could see that you really love him. It amazes him every day. And he loves you just as much as you love him.

“I don’t want to lose you, Kai…” You whispered, your arms locked around his waist where as he did the same to you, his face buried in the crook of your neck, “I don’t want to lose you either, angel.”

You pulled away almost too quickly, making him gape as he wanted to snuggle against you a bit longer. He frowned, trying to tug you over again with his hands enclosed on your wrists but you remained firm, eyes locked on his, “Then promise me that you’ll take care of yourself better. Promise me that you’ll love yourself too. Please don’t strain yourself.”

He nodded, with a tiny frown, “I-I promise, angel…” He tugged you over and you allowed that, allowing him to bring you into his embrace where he managed to numb the pain for a moment because having you in his arms… it was worth more than anything else in the world. “I promise.” 

 

 


A/N : I'll write the scenarios based on the listed ones in the foreword but for now, I'll just post a few from my Tumblr (: